PDA

View Full Version : Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute - All Discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2

xaduha3
5th May 2015, 04:41
Original thread from HR forum:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=124867

Humans of Elite: Dangerous universe found something that isn't human-made

y2FQzPIZqms

vallux
5th May 2015, 12:46
Resident Evil Revelations 2 is actually pretty good. It's a little more horror-y.

EternalAmbiguity
6th May 2015, 01:27
Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines is pretty fantastic. This probably really shouldn't wow me as much as it does, but the apartments in Downtown where you actually go into an elevator and move up and down IN the elevator with no loading screen (granted, the place isn't huge, but still) is amazing. Just the design of something like that seems utterly unique to me.

xaduha3
6th May 2015, 02:08
Why do you think it's in second place here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=124540)?

Hubs done right, it's an important part of DX "formula (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=155040&p=2123100#post2123100)"

3dot14hole
9th May 2015, 00:37
Well, I've been so bored, haven't touched my PS3 in a while! Can you guys recommend anything?

This game I'm anticipating, Firewatch, first person action adventure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d02lhvvVSy8

It's a mystery, and if memory serves me correctly, it's a psychological thriller. This stuff just ticks my boxes.

ZakKa89
14th May 2015, 11:25
I have to say, the first person view and first person cover in GTAV really feels immersive and fun to play. Another example that first person cover can be done!

Shralla
15th May 2015, 23:34
I have to say, the first person view and first person cover in GTAV really feels immersive and fun to play. Another example that first person cover can be done!

And in a GTA game, no less.

xaduha3
16th May 2015, 03:00
Interesting flowchart

vallux
23rd May 2015, 13:04
Anyone else get Witcher 3? This is some good stuff here. Don't think I've been so immersed in a game in a while. It's ******* awesome. And it's long. And in a meaningful way. None of that collect shards in the Hinterlands stuff.

EternalAmbiguity
23rd May 2015, 17:08
Anyone else get Witcher 3? This is some good stuff here. Don't think I've been so immersed in a game in a while. It's ******* awesome. And it's long. And in a meaningful way. None of that collect shards in the Hinterlands stuff.

Inquisition was plenty long without the fetch quests. But I do agree that their mere existence is a real problem, and I'm kind of amazed that I've played, oh I don't know somewhere around 10-20 hours and I haven't really encountered any. All of the quests have been crafted decently, and a lot of them well.

I don't think comparisons between DA I and TW3 are relevant because of how completely different types of games they are (one's an RPG with a definable protag with combat that revolves around tactics and squad control, and the other's an action RPG with a defined protagonist with combat that revolves around somewhat methodical but reflex-based actions). But I think TW3 is an amazing game. It's bringing the world of the Witcher series to life in a way that the previous games never did, and I don't really feel like it's losing much in the way of story (unlike DA I, sadly) or memorable characters (kind of the opposite here, even more memorable characters).

I personally find the combat annoying sometimes, especially since they like to zerg rush you with five enemies who all attack at once and whose attacks stunlock you. But outside of that it's really awesome. Looks great, runs pretty great, and more importantly, feels great.

Edit: One thing that I don't like, rather because it's well done rather than because it's poor, is the clear love triangle they have going. Seems like everytime I talk to Triss I have an opportunity to affirm my feelings for her or reject her. While I'd say she's the most adorable looking woman in this game, Geralt & Yen is kind of "canon" and she's practically the "mother" of his "daughter." Bioware, take note!

xaduha3
23rd May 2015, 20:58
1 character

EternalAmbiguity
23rd May 2015, 21:21
1 character

What's that? SC?

3dot14hole
23rd May 2015, 23:29

If looks really good, but it's not my kinda game. I can definitely appreciate the technical achievements, which is why I'm excited for Cyberpunk 2077. Surely some of you guys are anticipating it!

xaduha3
24th May 2015, 06:47
What's that? SC?

Nope, you have 2 more guesses.

6VRp7p-kwSA

SageSavage
24th May 2015, 22:20
Cyberpunk 2077. Surely some of you guys are anticipating it!
Sure am! On a vaguely related note: I got Shadowrun: Dragon Fall off the current steam weekend sale and being my first Shadowrun-experience (somehow the magic-angle always repulsed me from getting into it) and I am very pleasantly surprised by how good a game it is. That good ol' cyberpunk-vibe actually come across rather well!

xaduha3
25th May 2015, 21:22
bt-z8PiENl4

3dot14hole
26th May 2015, 00:24
Sure am! On a vaguely related note: I got Shadowrun: Dragon Fall off the current steam weekend sale and being my first Shadowrun-experience (somehow the magic-angle always repulsed me from getting into it) and I am very pleasantly surprised by how good a game it is. That good ol' cyberpunk-vibe actually come across rather well!

It looks decent, visually, but I'm not a fan of turn based games. Have you checked out Invisible, Inc? It's a turn based Cyberpunk Espionage. I've been off console gaming for a while, I'm gonna hit up a few pc games, I thinking of building a PC for Mankind Divided.

SageSavage
26th May 2015, 08:07
It looks decent, visually, but I'm not a fan of turn based games. Have you checked out Invisible, Inc? It's a turn based Cyberpunk Espionage. I've been off console gaming for a while, I'm gonna hit up a few pc games, I thinking of building a PC for Mankind Divided.

Well, the combat is a lot like X-Com but with added RPG and Adventure elements and a really well written story line (so far) - actually it's quite like Fallout 1 and 2, now that I think of it. I guess, you won't like it enough if you don't enjoy this kind of turn-based combat though.

Invisible Inc looks very intriguing to me and I already have it on my steam wishlist. I have more then enough games in my backlog to wait for it to go on sale sometime though.

Same thing applies to Cogmind although I'm really tempted since I read about it a few days ago...
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/24/cogmind-trailer/

Was planning to build a new PC this summer but I think the timing is bad because from what I read hear we're pretty much at the end of this hardware generation's life cycle. Might be good in terms of current prices but bad in terms of future proofing. Early 2016 will see Occulus Rift's first retail release too and Mankind Divided won't be out this year anyway, I'm sure. I'd wait a little longer, if I were you.

3dot14hole
26th May 2015, 22:53
Was planning to build a new PC this summer but I think the timing is bad because from what I read hear we're pretty much at the end of this hardware generation's life cycle. Might be good in terms of current prices but bad in terms of future proofing. Early 2016 will see Occulus Rift's first retail release too and Mankind Divided won't be out this year anyway, I'm sure. I'd wait a little longer, if I were you.

Yeh, was expecting that with the Mankind Divided release window, but I wanted to build a new PC for a game called Firewatch coming out this year, it looks to be a good game. In terms of the hardware generation life cycle - do you mean graphics? Because I was gonna get a 4690k and mobo, then hold out for a 970 price drop (amidst it's controversy), or hold out for AMD refreshed graphics in the 300 series.

SageSavage
26th May 2015, 23:48
In terms of the hardware generation life cycle - do you mean graphics?

Not just graphics - new chipsets, new sockets for the next generation of processors (Intel anyway, not sure about AMD), new form factors, DDR4, USB 3, PCIe 3.0, 4k resolutions catching on, HDMI 2.0, etc.

Shralla
27th May 2015, 05:18
If you play that game you'll be waiting forever. The first line of the next generation of processors etc is not going to give much if any leg up on much lower priced current gen options. Games are just now starting to utilize the capabilities of the i7s. Just save up and future proof the best you can once you have it together.

LunchLady
27th May 2015, 07:15
makes me want to play robocraft, and does having a better cpu matter much more than better gpu, sry to be off topic, ignore me completely

SageSavage
27th May 2015, 11:00
If you play that game you'll be waiting forever. The first line of the next generation of processors etc is not going to give much if any leg up on much lower priced current gen options. Games are just now starting to utilize the capabilities of the i7s. Just save up and future proof the best you can once you have it together.

While that's generally true, there are times that are particularly better or worse then others for building a new system and are able to wait it out, imho. Patience usually pays off rather well when it comes to hardware acquistions, sometimes even more so.

xaduha3
27th May 2015, 15:25
Elite: Dangerous update 1.3 launches next week, it's now in Beta. It's not Eve, there are no player-controlled factions, but 1.3 introduces so called Powerplay - there will be 10 Powers/Factions battling for the control of the inhabited (by humans) part of the Milky Way.

You can try the old-ish demo using the official (http://hosting.zaonce.net/elite/Client-Installer.exe) or unofficial (https://cdn.rawgit.com/xaduha/Combat-Demo-Downloader/BinaryWrapper_0.3/BinaryWrapper/CombatDemoDownloader.zip) installers, the end result is the same, the official one just ask you to register. That demo is good for checking your compatibility with the genre and controls.

EternalAmbiguity
27th May 2015, 21:06
Nope, you have 2 more guesses.

Don't have the slightest clue what it could be.

Edit: ED?

Regarding the "upgrade" discussion, right now (or later on this year) is probably the time to upgrade, for another couple years or so, to a 970 or 290X I figure. HBM 1 or whatever it's called will only support 4 GB of RAM, so that won't be changing wildly until the next "version" of HBM comes out. There may be some variation of non-reference cards with more than 4GB of RAM, but we already have this (there's an 8GB version of the 290X I know).

And on the CPU front, from what I've heard there will be few advances made in the next few years. This is in addition to both consoles not having a very powerful CPU side, and the fact that most games are GPU bound.

I also got Dragonfall, though I haven't yet had the chance to play it. I enjoyed Shadowrun Returns, though I also was put off by the magic aspect of it.

xaduha3
27th May 2015, 21:26
Don't have the slightest clue what it could be.
Edit: ED?

Yes

EternalAmbiguity
27th May 2015, 21:54
Yes

Ah. The always-online bit's the deal-breaker for me. SC will allow private servers, plus SQ42's coming soon(tm).

xaduha3
27th May 2015, 22:03
Try a demo anyway, it doesn't require always-online and holds on its own for a while.

SageSavage
27th May 2015, 22:19
And on the CPU front, from what I've heard there will be few advances made in the next few years. This is in addition to both consoles not having a very powerful CPU side, and the fact that most games are GPU bound.
Yes, from what I read there won't be any quantum leaps anytime soon. Still, the coming Skylake-family will require new motherboards and if you want to future proof, you better wait a few months (until they are more reasonably priced) instead of getting an old one right now.

I also got Dragonfall, though I haven't yet had the chance to play it. I enjoyed Shadowrun Returns, though I also was put off by the magic aspect of it.

Can't compare them as I haven't played Shadowrun Returns.

3dot14hole
27th May 2015, 22:35
Not just graphics - new chipsets, new sockets for the next generation of processors (Intel anyway, not sure about AMD), new form factors, DDR4, USB 3, PCIe 3.0, 4k resolutions catching on, HDMI 2.0, etc.

I wouldn't mind waiting, but it's gonna be a while before the market is competitive. Prices for DDR4, it's motherboards and 4k monitors is too steep for me. For anyone who's witnessed 4k gaming, what's it like?

Do you mean Mankind Divided, or were you not referring to me? I think as for the upcoming CPUs, you are right, from what I read they are gonna be a 5-10% increase, not worth the upgrade. The only side to them that is attractive is the power efficiency and potential lower retail.

i7 4790K is good to have, but they are like £300 for me, which is a bit ridiculous for a CPU. For a £100 pounds less 4690k is pretty impressive. When both are overclocked to 4.8 (If i remember correctly), they over near identical performance in games.

Avenging_Teabag
28th May 2015, 07:04
Been playing the Wild Hunt for a few days - it's as good as everyone makes it out to be. You could totally get lost in the world. K&M movement controls are infuriating tho, the horse riding especially. I'm starting to think the game woulda been better if made in first person, kinda, but then i wouldn't be able to observe Geralt's beard.

Also having some fun with Killing Floor 2 when I get tired of the Witcher.

SageSavage
28th May 2015, 22:31
Cyberpunk 2077 A While Away Whilst Witcher Bewitches
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/28/too-early-to-talk-about-cyberpunk-2077/

Shralla
28th May 2015, 22:47
Super disappointed by the news. If it was going to take this long to talk about the game at all, they shouldn't have announced it three years ago. And quite frankly, two more years dedicated entirely to TW3 is pretty ridiculous.

EternalAmbiguity
29th May 2015, 21:01
Try a demo anyway, it doesn't require always-online and holds on its own for a while.

Eh, what's the point if I'll never get the game? hard to see it.

Been playing the Wild Hunt for a few days - it's as good as everyone makes it out to be. You could totally get lost in the world. K&M movement controls are infuriating tho, the horse riding especially. I'm starting to think the game woulda been better if made in first person, kinda, but then i wouldn't be able to observe Geralt's beard.

Also having some fun with Killing Floor 2 when I get tired of the Witcher.

It's made for a controller, really. I've been using my 360 controller. There are a couple things better on PC like the inventory key or quick-save, but you can press those and get back to the controller. Though it still can be annoying, I once fell off of a lighthouse to my death because Geralt can't turn very well.

Want to concur though that it's an amazing game.

Super disappointed by the news. If it was going to take this long to talk about the game at all, they shouldn't have announced it three years ago. And quite frankly, two more years dedicated entirely to TW3 is pretty ridiculous.

They had never intended to move the team from Cyberpunk to TW3, so there's that, though I do agree they showed it too early in any case. And they say "the next two years," but what they really mean is one year--a year from now we'll have both expansions. What they really mean is just 2015-2016, rather than May 2017.

Irate_Iguana
29th May 2015, 21:12

I'd forgotten completely about this game after the cinematic. It is seldom that a game with this amount of time between announcement and release is worth playing.

xaduha3
29th May 2015, 21:17
Eh, what's the point if I'll never get the game? hard to see it.

It's still a computer game, as in a game that you can play on a computer and get some enjoyment out of it. People play Angry Birds, you know.
For instance every person who has Rift has to play it, it's like a law or something, you'd be committing a crime against yourself otherwise. Less so if you just have a flying stick or TrackIR.

EternalAmbiguity
29th May 2015, 22:54
It's still a computer game, as in a game that you can play on a computer and get some enjoyment out of it. People play Angry Birds, you know.
For instance every person who has Rift has to play it, it's like a law or something, you'd be committing a crime against yourself otherwise. Less so if you just have a flying stick or TrackIR.

I have plenty of other games to play though, it's not like I'm starved for stuff to play. If I'm not going to be "going" into the full universe, it isn't really worth my time to invest in it.

I have no VR, have no real interest in it personally. Most of the games I tend to play are third-person (Bioware's stuff, TW as was recently mentioned, SE stuff like Tomb Raider or Final Fantasy, racing games, etc.) so I don't have much reason for one even if I were interested. And while I never tried it out, I really don't think I'd do well with the idea of a VR screen along with a controller you have to use (aka you can't use your body to move in the game).

I'm not interested in VR until it's really VR where you mentally control the avatar. That's when things get interesting in my opinion.

xaduha3
29th May 2015, 23:50
Ah. The always-online bit's the deal-breaker for me. SC will allow private servers, plus SQ42's coming soon(tm).

For a moment I was under the impression that you were interested in the genre.

EternalAmbiguity
30th May 2015, 00:29
For a moment I was under the impression that you were interested in the genre.

What about mentioning another game in the genre makes you think I'm not? Unless you're calling the genre "MMO" rather than "space sim," then yes, I have no interest in MMOs.

xaduha3
30th May 2015, 01:05
I'll go out on a limb and say that even a demo of E:D is more of a space-sim that SC.

3dot14hole
30th May 2015, 01:17
Cyberpunk 2077 A While Away Whilst Witcher Bewitches
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/28/too-early-to-talk-about-cyberpunk-2077/

Surely, the focus on the Witcher won't be until the end of 2016. I would expect to see some sort of announcement at the next E3. When it's fully revealed it will take at least 1-2 years for it to hit the shelves.

The team at CD was split, one for The Witcher, the other Cyberpunk, it was mentioned neither's development was affecting each other, so shouldn't Cyberpunk have made good progress by now?

It's been announced way to early.

EternalAmbiguity
30th May 2015, 01:26
Surely, the focus on the Witcher won't be until the end of 2016. I would expect to see some sort of announcement at the next E3. When it's fully revealed it will take at least 1-2 years for it to hit the shelves.

The team at CD was split, one for The Witcher, the other Cyberpunk, it was mentioned neither's development was affecting each other, so shouldn't Cyberpunk have made good progress by now?

It's been announced way to early.

No, the Cyberpunk team was pulled to work on TW3. They said it wouldn't affect things, but that was bunk.

neoWilks
30th May 2015, 02:44
As far as I understand it, the announcement was more to attract potential hires, not promote the game.

3dot14hole
30th May 2015, 18:18
No, the Cyberpunk team was pulled to work on TW3. They said it wouldn't affect things, but that was bunk.

I kinda remember reading about the Cyberpunk Team being bought in to help the Witcher team, but I thought it was near to the completion of the project. It does get you thinking! But you never know, they might be saying that to keep the limelight on The Witcher.

SageSavage
1st Jun 2015, 15:40
XCOM 2
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/01/xcom-2-announced/#more-292343

neoWilks
1st Jun 2015, 18:15
XCOM 2
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/01/xcom-2-announced/#more-292343
Will enemies still be allowed to move on my turn? Will objects in the environment actually be represented, physically, or is cover still determined entirely by whether I'm standing on a designated "cover" tile?

3dot14hole
1st Jun 2015, 21:40
Does anyone like the music for XCOM? :)

I hope it's composer returns to XCOM 2!

EternalAmbiguity
3rd Jun 2015, 02:23
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PC.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=92&page=39&p=2128868#post2128868

I for one am super excited about this, not just for this game, but for what it means for a game that's going to be coming out in the next year or so...

xaduha3
3rd Jun 2015, 06:01
Dun dun dun!

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/605744940006670337

vallux
3rd Jun 2015, 07:45
Dun dun dun!

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/605744940006670337

The hype is real.

68_pie
3rd Jun 2015, 07:57
Yaaaaay. Another ****ty Bethesda game :mad2:

xaduha3
3rd Jun 2015, 09:52
Yaaaaay. Another ****ty Bethesda game :mad2:

Eh, I'll take it. Bethesda made Morrowind too, so they can't be all that bad. I enjoyed playing Skyrim, but there comes a moment when you see a way to be really overpowered. That's when I lose interest.

neoWilks
3rd Jun 2015, 14:16
In case the official site isn't loading for you:

GE2BkLqMef4

Only thing that's really standing out is that they'll maybe have a voiced protagonist. Not a choice I'd have made.

vallux
3rd Jun 2015, 15:52
Time to install Fallout 3 again. So hype.

Shralla
3rd Jun 2015, 20:53
Eh, I'll take it. Bethesda made Morrowind too, so they can't be all that bad.

That's like saying you'll take St. Anger because Metallica can't be all that bad because they made Master of Puppets also. Just because they used to be good doesn't mean they are anymore.

EDIT: Watched the trailer. Sure is Fallout, and sure is Bethesda. As expected the graphics are passable but nothing special beyond that. At least it doesn't have any weird haze or filters. I dunno. I guess I just don't really like Bethesda games for anything but exploring, and I don't generally find the other systems to be engaging enough to even want to keep exploring. Plus once you hit all the fast travel points, the whole open world thing kind of betrays its game-y nature. I'll keep an eye on it like everything else, but I'm not getting in line for it or anything.

FrankCSIS
3rd Jun 2015, 22:56
I hope they took ample notes from New Vegas.

I see they kept the pooch. By far the most known and memorable image from 3.

Shralla
4th Jun 2015, 15:21
If they don't use any songs by Boston's hometown boy Tom Lehrer, they're really doing it wrong. There was even a mission named after this song in New Vegas.

frAEmhqdLFs

FrankCSIS
5th Jun 2015, 01:17
Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?!
That's not my department, says Wernher von Braun!

Avenging_Teabag
5th Jun 2015, 07:00
Never had any interest in the Fallout series, but I'm a bit excited for the new XCOM. I like the twist in the new game that you're supposed to be an aggressor, that rarely happens. This E3 is gonna have some amazing games :D

SquareWastesMyTime
5th Jun 2015, 15:30
I consider Tom Lehrer's departure from music to be one of our greatest failures as a species.

Also, if I were Bethesda, I'd be soiling my pants about now. The Witcher 3 just took them right to school. I'd be really surprised if Fallout 4 gets anywhere close to the living, breathing feel of that game's world -- and we know that the writing won't be even close.

There are things I like about Bethesda's open world games, like the devotion to building a big simulation instead of a heavily-instanced, zoned, scripted game (Witcher 3 is somewhere between Bethesda and Ubisoft here) but that doesn't excuse a lot of the other shortcomings -- like writing, characterization, combat, etc.

xaduha3
11th Jun 2015, 21:10
JypGssEOSKs

Spintires tech-demo http://www.spintires.com/#!/demo

Shralla
15th Jun 2015, 04:33
Oh snap. Dishonored does what Deus Ex don't. Highlight of the initial trailer is on one of the two playable characters, this one a woman. I am curious to see how the stories will differ depending on who you play as.

UnsDyv-TtJg

xaduha3
15th Jun 2015, 05:40
Is it allowed to call Dishonored 2 'another Bethesda game'? I guess not :)

Anyway, I'm properly excited.

Hm, shadowy, tentacly grappling hook is way better than the invisible teleport that was Blink.

vallux
15th Jun 2015, 06:15
Ooh. Bethesda starting E3 strong. Fallout 4 looked totes amaze. Haven't really seen previous announcements by Todd Howard, but he is incredible. And that hair.

xaduha3
15th Jun 2015, 07:53
Looks like it will be possible to choose a protagonist, Corvo or Emily.

See, EM? That's how it's done, Adam Jensen doesn't have to be-all and end-all.

68_pie
15th Jun 2015, 12:57
Fallout 4 looked totes amaze.

They've put in the Mass Effect conversation system and they've removed skills entirely...wtf

Having a voiced protagonist will make modding kind of a pain as well.

Haven't really seen previous announcements by Todd Howard, but he is incredible. And that hair.

"You are having a quiet moment with your dog, then the right song comes on your pipboy and action breaks out, that's what Fallout is"

The man is an idiot.

CyberP
15th Jun 2015, 15:06
They've put in the Mass Effect conversation system and they've removed skills entirely...wtf

Really? For **** sake...

The man is an idiot.

Ha, what is this ****? It is what Fallout can be, but it isn't what Fallout is.

Looks like it will be possible to choose a protagonist, Corvo or Emily.

See, EM? That's how it's done...

No.

vallux
15th Jun 2015, 19:28
The man is an idiot.

Pish posh and poppycock. I thought it looked like Bethesda's Fallout but prettier, but not that pretty. But I'm just a filthy pleb.

Also DID YOU ******* GUYS SEE THAT METAL GEAR SOLID V TRAILER. MEIN GOTT.

LGDuW3zBzRo

Irate_Iguana
15th Jun 2015, 20:40
Don't care for Bethesda's vision of Fallout. Especially not that they are taking out all the skills and adding in ME style voice acting for the protagonist.

Oh snap. Dishonored does what Deus Ex don't. Highlight of the initial trailer is on one of the two playable characters, this one a woman. I am curious to see how the stories will differ depending on who you play as.

A woman? That's Emily Kaldwin, first of her name, Empress of the Empire of the Isles, daughter of Empress Jessamine Kaldwin I (and of Corvo Attano). She's the little girl Corvo rescues in Dishonored.

I don't think you'll get to choose a protagonist. You'll probably get to play Emily or Corvo depending on the mission at hand. If they don't they'll be making two games for the price of one and we all now how big developers are on that.

It'll be interesting to see how they go about integrating the High Chaos and Low Chaos endings. Both had quite a different effect on Emily. This takes place 15 years after Dishonored so it should have been apparent if she was Emily the Wise from the Low Chaos ending or the vicious tyrant from the High Chaos ending.

EternalAmbiguity
16th Jun 2015, 01:51
Ooooh, snap.

Remake of VII.

Shralla
16th Jun 2015, 04:49
I don't think you'll get to choose a protagonist. You'll probably get to play Emily or Corvo depending on the mission at hand. If they don't they'll be making two games for the price of one and we all now how big developers are on that.

They said "The character you choose to play as will affect the powers and abilities that you can tackle each assassination with." I see the word choose in there, and they're pretty big on player choice. I've also read somewhere that you choose a character at the beginning of the game and stick with that character for the duration, though I can't find a source.

xaduha3
16th Jun 2015, 05:37
Also DID YOU ******* GUYS SEE THAT METAL GEAR SOLID V TRAILER. MEIN GOTT.

As someone who has less than zero interest in METAL GEAR SOLID that wasn't a fun/interesting trailer.

Let me retailate:

jG5J5hCAC4c

68_pie
16th Jun 2015, 05:38
Shenmue 3... *dead*

Shralla
16th Jun 2015, 06:16
Spent $21.30 on the Steam Sale so far. Picked up Legend of Korra, Road Redemption, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Killer is Dead, and Five Nights at Freddy's. Not a bad haul for just over $20 I think. I'm considering buying Ark soon, so I'm trying to keep my purchases modest.

Apparently that pirate game from the Microsoft conference is also going to be on PC. **** yeah, I thought it looked awesome.

1z48qvGsA_0

vallux
16th Jun 2015, 11:10
Let me retailate:

I KNOW IT WAS YOU GLORIA, I didn't even have to look. ED. Ex Deus. Or Elite Dangerous.

xaduha3
16th Jun 2015, 11:40
Final Fantasy VII remake, Shenmue 3, Metal Gear Solid V.

Those words stir nothing in me.

this though...

Nzq9epS2b1A

Looks like I'm a fan of the setting, but not of the films.

In other news, about F4 skills (http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/39vzgw/lets_talk_about_skills_in_fallout_4/)

Can go either way.

Also, there's a podcast about game music and composers, called Top Score. Here's an episode (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TopScoreEmilyReese/~5/uayboScEYd4/topscore_20150409_128.mp3) with Alex Brandon

Irate_Iguana
16th Jun 2015, 17:17
They said "The character you choose to play as will affect the powers and abilities that you can tackle each assassination with." I see the word choose in there, and they're pretty big on player choice. I've also read somewhere that you choose a character at the beginning of the game and stick with that character for the duration, though I can't find a source.

I haven't seen the presentation, only the trailer. That quote does suggest that you'll be able to select either one. Don't get me wrong, I'd love that. I really like the idea of a developer taking the time to make a single campaign, but having two different protagonists that each give their own twist to the story. I just can't get it out of my head that this is something that is just too much for a modern publisher. Not developer. Developers can do it just fine, I just don't think a publisher will foot the bill for that. Either the story will not change depending on who you play as or you'll be either one depending on which mission is next.

Still, I'd settle for Dishonored 2 with just Emily or Corvo. Even though Dishonored wasn't all that in the gameplay department I liked the story, characters and world and I would like another chance to explore the Empire of the Isles.

zwanzig_zwoelf
16th Jun 2015, 20:17
I've decided to experiment a bit, since I'm falling asleep when playing Thief for the 20-th time to get all of these pots (yeah I know), so I decided to try to play the game in the style of the movie "Frank's ****". One quarter of the screen is the game, another one is a YouTube stream of Super Mario, next one is the video of boys kissing each other and girls kissing each other in the last one.
Can't express anything about it, but I'm waking up with "I love you, Basso... IN ANOTHER CASTLE"

neoWilks
16th Jun 2015, 23:16
Final Fantasy VII remake, Shenmue 3, Metal Gear Solid V.
In other news, about F4 skills (http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/39vzgw/lets_talk_about_skills_in_fallout_4/)

Can go either way.

Unlikely. There is no skill tab on the pipboy. Only status, SPECIAL, and perks. Bobbleheads are just collectables. They don't need skills in the game to include them.

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2015/06/fallout_4_e3_2015_14.jpg

xaduha3
17th Jun 2015, 00:24
You're probably right, but all those bobbleheads are going to become reminders, "look at all those skills you don't have". There is a Barter bobblehead for example.

Shralla
17th Jun 2015, 01:06
I assume it's all piled into the perks, just like in Skyrim.

neoWilks
17th Jun 2015, 02:36
No idea why they've started doing things this way. There's nothing complex or esoteric about Fallout's skill/leveling system. The only thing this does is make for dull perks because they now have to make up for the loss of skills.

The same thing happened in Skyrim. Though skills technically still existed, they only really operated as gatekeepers for perks. So you had to spend points just to invest in stuff like 20 percent increases to damage, something that used to be covered solely by skills. It detracts from both systems. Skills are rendered effectively useless on their own and perks lose that focus on unique and game-changing effects as they try to pick up the slack.

It's not dissimilar to Invisible War and Human Revolution dropping skills and rolling everything into augmentations.

xaduha3
17th Jun 2015, 07:10
Seriously, I watched that Knights of the Fallen Empire "Sacrifice" Trailer a dozen of times (1080p 60fps interpolated).

It's a freaking work of art, a masterpiece!

Tverdyj
22nd Jun 2015, 14:01
I've been re-playing Witcher 2, in anticipation of starting Wild Hunt. Did a full run through the original first (full neutral, T'riss, saved the princess), and now I'm ever-so-slowly (mostly due to short gamins sessions, because summer. And life in general) making my way in Dark mode, to get myself in the combat flow "zone" for Wild hunt.
Although there are still seemingly "average" fights that could take me 20-odd tries (i'm just starting Act II on Iorveth's path), it never seems unfair-usually I die because I push to get an extra hit in instead of dodging, which leads me to take unnecessary damage.

Having lots of fun, overall, the only irritation is my OCD need to collect the 3 special "Dark" sets, which means immense amount of grinding for money. Other than that, this game rocks as hard as ever.

vallux
22nd Jun 2015, 21:15
Apparently AMD cards might have problems with Arkham Knight. Minimum requirements updated. (https://www.pixeldynamo.com/news/gaming/2015/06/22/69607/batman-arkham-knight-pc-suffers-amd-card-issues-system-requirements-updated/)

Something something Nvidia crippling games for AMD users.

ZakKa89
23rd Jun 2015, 01:26
Apparently AMD cards might have problems with Arkham Knight. Minimum requirements updated. (https://www.pixeldynamo.com/news/gaming/2015/06/22/69607/batman-arkham-knight-pc-suffers-amd-card-issues-system-requirements-updated/)

Something something Nvidia crippling games for AMD users.

What a shame. However, it seems that nvidea users are having the same performance problems. People with 970's have crap performance as well...

vallux
23rd Jun 2015, 05:47
AMD just released new Catalyst beta drivers with "optimizations" for AK. We'll see what happens.

Avenging_Teabag
26th Jun 2015, 14:44
I think burned myself out on the Wild Hunt. Currently on Skellige, and the interest in the game is just... gone, probably due to the fact that I can't leave any stone unturned, any quest left unsolved or any contract unfulfilled. As a result, I don't have any interest left to go on with the main quest.

Besides, I dislike Cirilla intensely and couldn't give a damn what happens to her.

xaduha3
26th Jun 2015, 18:31
I think it was a first Steam sale that I ignored. What's happening to me?!

Irate_Iguana
26th Jun 2015, 19:43
I think it was a first Steam sale that I ignored. What's happening to me?!

Early onset dementia.

Shralla
26th Jun 2015, 21:58
They've ceased sale of the PC version of Arkham Knight until issues are resolved. That's a more drastic measure than I would have thought. It's too bad they didn't put that much effort into the port initially.

CyberP
27th Jun 2015, 09:36
All this talk of skills/perks. Take a look at what I've recently added to DX1:

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/23/22166/Perks.jpg

I guess Bethesda's dumbing down was inevitable. That's been their go-to approach to success for years now...much like everyone else of course.

Irate_Iguana
27th Jun 2015, 12:59
They've ceased sale of the PC version of Arkham Knight until issues are resolved. That's a more drastic measure than I would have thought. It's too bad they didn't put that much effort into the port initially.

This should be a lesson to gamers. This **** is exactly why people need to stop preordering. Them retracting the game from sale and offering refunds was the very least they could do. I'm glad they did it and not ignore the problem like other studios.

68_pie
27th Jun 2015, 21:18
Everyone should preorder than cancel their preorders just before launch ;)

Shralla
27th Jun 2015, 21:31
To be fair the first two games had pretty solid ports. If my video card could run it, I probably would have preordered it and been pissed off about the performance issues as well. I have to wonder if Microsoft pushing the Windows 10/Xbox cross-development will make it easier for companies to optimize games for the PC. I sure hope so.

Unrelated, I've been playing ARK: Survival Evolved. I know most of you have probably seen it and said "Yeah yeah, another early access survival game" but this genuinely is something special. It seems as though the game came to Early Access already mostly feature complete. It certainly has enough content to justify its existence on the marketplace. Currently it isn't very well optimized, but the performance is improving with every patch, and they patch the game almost every single day. After the patch last night, some people reported a 30 FPS increase. Being on a 1GB video card, I'm pretty much stuck at the 25 FPS range.

I rarely tolerate performance that poor, but the game itself has its hooks in me. It's pretty much everything I've ever wanted from a survival game, plus dinosaurs. The world they've built is incredible, and even on low detail is impressively gorgeous. The lighting is especially notable. I've never seen a game so dedicated to so believably emulating lighting in the real world. Even during the day, dense forests can be kind of dim, and at night they are pitch black. But out on the beach at night, it's pretty dim but you can see even without the assistance of a torch, which is absolutely necessary in aforementioned forests.

The terror of huddling in a corner or in a tiny thatch hut for the first few nights is real, and the desperate scrambling to put out your campfire when two high level players riding t-rexes stomp right by the treeline is even more exhilarating. I was apprehensive about the game at first, I hadn't bought into any of the other early access survival games because I figured I'd wait and see how they turned out, but this game seriously has its **** together. I recommend it to anybody who wants to scratch a survival itch, or who just wants to adventure and explore a magnificently crafted game world.

Avenging_Teabag
29th Jun 2015, 12:39
Unpopular Opinion Time

I much prefer the new voice actor for Sam Fisher they got for Blacklist to Ironside. Currently playing through Conviction and dear god, does Sam sound like he’s 80 years old and been smoking three packs a day for all those 80 years, not missing a day.

Also what a lulzy shirt does Kobin wear. I get it that he's Ukrainian, but believe me noone in Ukraine, or indeed anywhere, wears those shirts, aside from maybe performance artists. WTF.

Tverdyj
29th Jun 2015, 18:07
I'm a Uki. Not sure what kind of shirt you're talking about, but if it's vyshyvanka (embroidered) shirt, then I could tell you that I saw a ton of those being worn last Saturday in Canada for a Uki festival. They're quite popular, esp among 2nd Gen immigrants. Back home they're made a major comeback as a fashion fad about a decade ago, and there was actually an article in one of the big fashion mags (Vogue, iirc), how the embroidery design's was becoming more widely used by big name designers.

Ahem. Back to games: still working my way through a Dark Mode Wither 2. Been questing around Vergen. Dark mode gives craazy amount of XP to make up for the fact that anything can kill you in 2 attacks on average. Hit lvl 24 and I still haven't gone over the ghost field.
I've pointedly refused to reduce my tactics to "spam Quen all the time", unless i'm rushed by like 5 or 6 enemies/ boss fight. This had the effect of making me think harder, and use lots more alchemy. I'm having fun though, although still somewhat grinding to get that second "Dark" set.

Avenging_Teabag
29th Jun 2015, 18:33
^I'm from Belarus/Poland, visit Ukraine a lot (or used to before the mess started), and I never in my life seen a single Ukrainian wear anything like that, ever. For a festival I dunno, maybe, but definitely not in everyday life. Then again, for Kobin every day is a festival, I guess.

Irate_Iguana
29th Jun 2015, 18:59
Unpopular Opinion Time

I much prefer the new voice actor for Sam Fisher they got for Blacklist to Ironside. Currently playing through Conviction and dear god, does Sam sound like he’s 80 years old and been smoking three packs a day for all those 80 years, not missing a day.

Haven't played Blacklist yet (Steam sale purchase on the cheap to round out the collection), but don't forget that Sam is 58 and has been doing backbreaking work for most of those years. He should sound old because he is old.

vallux
29th Jun 2015, 22:59
I liked Blacklist. It was very Splinter Celly - especially after Conviction. Sam's new voice feels a little weird. It's not bad, but the game is now 30 something sounding but 58 something old character Eric Johnson's Canadian acting buddies The Game. They even replaced Grim. Eh. I mean I guess I could buy the whole Michael Ironside is old and can't do mocap thing but still. I like Kobin tho.

Avenging_Teabag
30th Jun 2015, 10:33
Yeah, Sam is supposed to be 57 in Blacklist, which is, of course, ridiculous in itself. Still, I liked Blacklist and the new actor was one of the reasons, it was one of my favorite games of 2013, but If they want to go on with Sam as protagonist for future games, they have to age him backwards or something.

nomotog
5th Jul 2015, 04:55
To be fair the first two games had pretty solid ports. If my video card could run it, I probably would have preordered it and been pissed off about the performance issues as well. I have to wonder if Microsoft pushing the Windows 10/Xbox cross-development will make it easier for companies to optimize games for the PC. I sure hope so.

Unrelated, I've been playing ARK: Survival Evolved. I know most of you have probably seen it and said "Yeah yeah, another early access survival game" but this genuinely is something special. It seems as though the game came to Early Access already mostly feature complete. It certainly has enough content to justify its existence on the marketplace. Currently it isn't very well optimized, but the performance is improving with every patch, and they patch the game almost every single day. After the patch last night, some people reported a 30 FPS increase. Being on a 1GB video card, I'm pretty much stuck at the 25 FPS range.

I rarely tolerate performance that poor, but the game itself has its hooks in me. It's pretty much everything I've ever wanted from a survival game, plus dinosaurs. The world they've built is incredible, and even on low detail is impressively gorgeous. The lighting is especially notable. I've never seen a game so dedicated to so believably emulating lighting in the real world. Even during the day, dense forests can be kind of dim, and at night they are pitch black. But out on the beach at night, it's pretty dim but you can see even without the assistance of a torch, which is absolutely necessary in aforementioned forests.

The terror of huddling in a corner or in a tiny thatch hut for the first few nights is real, and the desperate scrambling to put out your campfire when two high level players riding t-rexes stomp right by the treeline is even more exhilarating. I was apprehensive about the game at first, I hadn't bought into any of the other early access survival games because I figured I'd wait and see how they turned out, but this game seriously has its **** together. I recommend it to anybody who wants to scratch a survival itch, or who just wants to adventure and explore a magnificently crafted game world.

I have been playing ARK too. It's kind of surprising how much it has for an EA game, and they are patching it like crazy too. They just added two new dinos. Performance is an issue, but It's playable for me and it looks really good even at mid settings. (Likely the reason so many have performance issues. It's just kind of intense.)

It can be a little hard at the start. Before you build a bed, your basically just throwing away a good chunk of your progress every time you die and then making a bed is kind of costly. You need hides, but you only get hides from attacking dinos and then attacking dino's puts you at risk of dieing, so getting over that hurdle can be tricky.

xaduha3
9th Jul 2015, 17:43
Wrapping up with Elite: Dangerous mentions here, it's currently 33% off on Steam and their site. But at this point I must say that it was a big disappointment. The way it was in Beta was better than it is now. What a shame. I don't recommend buying it and will stop mentioning it, unless some miracle happens.

Only partially crowd-funded game = dissatisfied backers.

vallux
9th Jul 2015, 18:38
I heard someone say they basically took the backer money and went over to Xbox.

xaduha3
9th Jul 2015, 18:53
More or less. AFAIK Kickstarter money wasn't even half of what they raised, but the fact remains. The next big feature is an Xbox exclusive for 6 months.

Tverdyj
18th Jul 2015, 00:16
Been a while since I dropped by.....

Finished Witcher 2 Dark Mode re-play. Super-fun, had WAAAY less troubles with the Draug this time around. Act 3 still sucks hard because it just feels so anemic while trying to be another proper "hub". Out-logicing a golem was fun, though, :D

Started Wild Hunt, just about done the White Orchard training area. Below are 3 of my posts about it from another forum, summarizing my impressions.

Played about 4 hours yesterday. Impressions on systems from messing around the starter area:

Technical: running on mostly Low, some Medium, but high-res, playing @ FPS 16, cutscenes drop to 10. CPU tends to overheat and throttle occasionally. Further tinkering needed, may invest in a few more fans on the weekend.

"Open-world": lol, I know i'm still in training area and all, but, "Approaching edge of the world. Here there be dragons. Turn back or perish!" quickly goes from cute to annoying.

"Points of interest" okay idea, but of the 8 I visited so far, I had 2. "Guarded treasures", 1 "trap and treasure", 1 place of power (helloo, first skill point!), 1 "abandoned village" (which I liked), and THREE "bandit camps". Ugh. Me not like those stats.

More systems: combat is fine. I still roll away more than I dodge. (Where the F is my Vran armour and uber-swords, CDPRED??!!). It would. appear they've made Yrden cover wider area, meaning it may actually be useful now (i've always been and Aard and Igni type of player, personally)

Interface: I upgraded to 1.06, and ALL buttons are customizable! For the "locked" set, there's now an option to "unlock", so that they can be rebound. This. Is. A. Good. Thing.

Alchemy: don't like how each potion/oil now requires specific alcohol. + plants instead of one's containing "elements" from before. It's more rigid, which isn't a good thing. (EDIT: this was before I had it pointed out me that "you only need to brew every item once")

Crafting seems to involve MORE steps then before. Double ugh.

Investigating mechanics ("Playing with Fire")- neat. May get tiring, depending on how well (or not) it's all written, but generally I like it. (EDIT: overall, holding the "highlight" button can be a BIT annoying, but the "tracking" missions are okayishly paced so far)

Intro horse race: after remapping some keys, works fine.

Swimming: animations look pretty poor. Best way to do 3-D swimming is breast stroke (see Soul Reaver, Darksiders II). Haven't tried diving yet.

Gwent: seems complicated, I blundered through the intro game. Too early to judge still.

Plot: really not much to say yet. I'm messing around and exploring. Almost @ Lvl 2, then gonna do the Noonwraith contract, it seems to involve much more research this time.

-I don't like that Glossary's been reduced to "Bestiary" and "characters"- I liked the "general interest" topics in the lore!

Almost forgot, the skills system: it looks more flexible and robust. Yet to see how that'll work in practice.

Map of Velen certainly looks huge. I expect this game will take me ages to play. So far my impressions are "good". Will it surpass 1 and 2- still too early to say.

Impressions on White Orchard, Part II:

Technical: downgraded graphics to Low, turned off all post-processing, and turned down the resolution to the next full-screen. Now my game looks like TW1 on max settings (which isn't exactly a bad thing), and I get steady 25-20 FPS. Only thing that's cringe-worthy is how the enemy decals go all blood-soaked right after they die, it's a bit excessive and bland at the same time.

Having played another 6h untill about 2:30 AM on a work night, I can certainly admit the game is addicting.

More thoughts on Combat: Axii rules now. They've nerfed Aard (again!) to be only useful against weak sword-and-no-armour foes. For guys with shields, Axii is a must have now.

(incidentally, the "Axii as Jedi Mind Trick in convos animation SUCKS!!! I liked the subtle TW2 gesture)

What else? Level design. Climbing the foresty mountains to circumvent that gorge with a locked-gate bridge feels awesome.

Got the first Viper set. Need to craft it.

Thankfully, swimming underwater DOES use breast stroke animation. still feel that part of controls is a bit finicky. Further remapping may be in order.

Economy: haven't spent much time on this, but money seems to be a problem. (big part of this is probably b/c I decided to keep looting every inhabited house I see to a bare minimum). Also b/c I'm even more reluctant than usual to sell any alchemy components.

There are lots of small things that give small amounts of Exp. I'm wondering how those stack up with main story quests in terms of XP, b/c so far i'm through most "optional" White Orchard content, but only Lvl 2 with like 100 smth Exp. I think I have smth like 4 skill points to invest right now, though, thanks to all those wonderful Places of Power, :D (it took them 3 games, but they finally made them useful, :D )

I'm going to try to take a break from the game today, to give my sleeping pattern a chance to recover. Game feels pretty great so far though. Not sure how my OCD play-style will reconcile the open world with the urgency of the plot once the game picks up, though. I can excuse myself in White Orchard, b/c I'm trying to throughly familiarize myself with the game's mechanics. Once I get to Velen I'll probably turn off the question marks on the mini-map and just wander aimlessly.

Killed the griffin. I was spectacularly poor at fighting it, but nevertheless, managed it in one go. I dread to think if I was playing on an actual high difficulty.

Just about wrapped White orchard, but now I discovered the riverbed may be littered with chests full of recipes. Now I gotta make sure to skim all the water before leaving.

Crafted the Viper swords + the "military leather armour" which was an upgrade from my existing one.

Got loads of skill points (Lvl 4), but really ionno what to do with them, as all the attack skills seem pretty bland.

Looking at the number of beasties I can make recipes out of makes me happy, that means a huge variety of things to hunt and murder.

tech-wise, game running nicely, logged my CPU temp- close to overheating, but within safe parameters, no throttling. will look into those fans on Sat.

Once I'm done checking the river, bring on Vyzima!

suffice to say, I like the game so far. Not sure how well the "witcher-style story" and "open-world activity centre" (certainly no sandbox) will play off each other. given what I've seen of the XP boosts, main quests shower you with tons of XP again, leading to the "over-levelled for side quests" problem. OTOH, conceptually, the plot of TW3 suggests urgency, which doesn't gel with the "stick around, solve everyone's problems" nature of open world.

The previous games had a nice balance in story-telling b/w the main quest and side-stuff, TW1 especially. I hope the writers lay off the "something terrible will happen if you don't hurry!" tone. immediacy does not become a witcher game, when it's all about preparation and doing stuff when you're ready. Ah well, we shall see.

vallux
18th Jul 2015, 07:56
Glad you like the game. Played through once myself, waiting to see if CDPR releases a NG+ patch or something to start again. Took me like 100 hours the first time. CDPR is also releasing a new patch today. Should drop any minute now. 1.07 brings optional improved movement (Geralt turns more sharply now), chests for your ****, improved inventory management and improved Roach movement (the horse should now longer act like it's braindead)

Different merchants sell maps that unlock scavenger hunts for different witcher schools gear. You really want to get those, the armor is pretty high level, starting from 14 if I remember it correctly, but looks so good.

Tverdyj
20th Jul 2015, 20:38
Played with 1.07 yesterday, the horse still spawns out of nowhere and occasionally gets stuck in stuff. Not that I mind too much, usually I'm on foot exploring.

With the question marks turned off, my Lvl 5 Geralt is very much like my Major Degtyaryov (S.T.A.L.K.E.R CoP protagonist): out in the hostile. World where many things want to kill him, while he looks for hidden stuff.

I located and mapped (like, real mapped- I have a printout of the map that came with the GOG version, and i'm marking stuff down on it) 3 high-level monsters I. Can't even scratch yet the Viper gear.

Given I've heard so many complaints about "if you do the main story, you overlevel so fast the secondary content becomes boring", i'm purposefully focusing on exploration and secondary stuff, with main story happening only when all the side stuff around it has been tapped out. This way i'm hoping to get a more "balanced" experience.

So far it. Appears that Geralt is capable. Of handling things up to 5 levels higher (albeit with difficulties at higher range). Anything higher is really pushing it (this is on Normal).
Using this metric as my rule of thumb, currently I'm. Focused on a) getting my bearings, and b ) expanding my alchemical shopping list. My biggest frustration, both b/w 2 to 3 and 1 to 2, was Geralt going through another "mini-amnesia", forgetting all his recipes, and also how to block arrows. This was especially egregious in TW2, where I started loaded with potions and oils, but didn't know how to make half of them!

Also, my biggest complaint about the new alchemy is the failure to. Incorporate one of the coolest bits of TW1- how certain "boss ingredient potions" were actually necessary to unlock unique skills.

Still, the game is addicting. I find myself playing to 3 AM some nights. And I. Expect this game will occupy me till winter.

Tverdyj
31st Jul 2015, 15:06
In order to deal with the effects TW3's been having on my sleep schedule and work priductivity, i've been gradually instituting a "turn off PC @ 11 30 on a worknight" policy.

Predictably, this has cut into my playing time. Still mostly in Velen, as i'm almost lvl 13, i've been getting more involved in the main story (Bloody Baron so far, haven't started the Witches past Keira's bit).

I believe I've finally encoutered the "over-level" trap-- thouigh I believe it's mostly due to all the "scavenger" content- i.e., points of interest (I keep the question marks turned off, but I keep stumbling into stuff when I take shortcuts).

As a result, i'm now past the point of getting any XP for the main quest, and I'm basically playing that just for the story.

I can't say the story is mind-blowing yet. I enjoy the Witcher contracts, and can't wait to do some of the high-level ones. The main story so far is ok. I suppose I should check out the north bank of the Pontar soon, as I'm running out of stuff to do, save for Velen's main quests.

I'm of two minds about the "Witcher sense". On the one hand, I like the investigation mechanic, in that it occasionally requires some frantic searching in the vicinity to pick up the next clue, rather then being a blindingly obvious A to Z scavenger hunt--when all of a sudden the trail breaks, and you have to search around to find it again 50 meters off in a different direction.

On the other hand, "hold Witcher sense to highlight lootable containers" is getting a bit tedious.

Gwent is an okay distraction, but I can't say I find it particularly special.

Still haven't found much use for skills at this point (playing Normal difficulty).

Really, my impression is I need to stop paying attention to all the side stuff and do a serious portion of the main quests to get a proper opinion on the game.

Avenging_Teabag
4th Aug 2015, 08:55
Having played some Dying Light, I came to a conclusion that it's a better sequel to Far Cry 3 than Far Cry 4. Enough new stuff to make the gameplay fresh and engaging (which FC4 failed to do) and enough familiar stuff to keep you slightly nostalgic. Seeing that Far Cry 3 is in my personal top 10 of Best Games Ever, I couldn't wish for more. It’s really Far Cry in urban jungle with parkour and zombies, besides, the NPC cast has been really sweet and sympathetic so far, in stark contrast to FC4′s freakshow. Also, Crane reminds me strongly of Jason Brody, which is a good thing. All in all, I'm enjoying the Dying Light immensely and can't thank the friend who recommended it to me, enough.

68_pie
4th Aug 2015, 15:54
But where is the true sequel to Far Cry 2? :(

Shralla
4th Aug 2015, 22:03
Hopefully dead in a ditch somewhere.

Avenging_Teabag
5th Aug 2015, 05:48
^ What he said. Far Cry 2 was bad and should feel bad.

68_pie
5th Aug 2015, 12:33
Pffft, y'all are wrong :)

Well, it was my favourite anyways. I guess the respawns and the malaria didn't bother me that much.

Not enough games are set in Africa.

Tverdyj
5th Aug 2015, 18:20
But where is the true sequel to Far Cry 2? :(

Xenus 2: White Gold?

vallux
29th Aug 2015, 15:40
Xenus 2: White Gold?

The original Boiling Point was rough. Like buggy, resource heavy - all of that. But apparently if you could get past that it was one of those hidden gem Eastern Europe, Ukraine Poland FPSRPG's. AFAIK Xenus 2 was released only in Russia or something :D

s04sAPstPlI

Oh. Metal Gear Solid V is nearly upon us. I'm getting the Yoji Shinkawa art steelbook edition, apparently it's EU only. I am legit hype. Managed to avoid spoilers pretty well. Usually I spoil most games to myself, can't contain the hype. Internet makes it sooo easy nowadays with videos on Youtube etc. Have to try for Kojima-san though.

Shralla
5th Sep 2015, 23:41
If anybody is interested in buying Mad Max, it can be had for cheap on both Green Man Gaming and Nuuvem, if you trust one or both of those. I personally just purchased it from Nuuvem for $24 and activated it on Steam with no issues. If you're concerned about the Brazilian site thing, GMG has it for $34 with the coupon code MADMAX-SAVE40-MADMAX.

The game is getting stellar reviews on Steam, which is generally my go-to metric for PC games. It's at 95% positive reviews with almost 4,000 counted. Pretty much all of them are saying the game runs like butter, which is a nice change after the Arkham Knight fiasco. Goes to show what keeping all the development in-house can really do for a game.

vallux
7th Sep 2015, 07:52
Pretty much all of them are saying the game runs like butter, which is a nice change after the Arkham Knight fiasco. Goes to show what keeping all the development in-house can really do for a game.

It really, really does. Rock solid FPS, pretty much everything cranked to the (Mad) Max except for shadows on High. The gameplay can get a little repetitive with the clear outposts and use hot air balloons to scout the Wasteland (the climbable radio towers and clock towers of other open world games) but the driving and fist fighting make up for it, at least for me. Building the Magnum Opus is a nice mechanic and you can feel the difference with different parts. The story is a little light, but I guess it serves it's purpose.

Also, Metal Gear Solid V, hear it runs on every PC ever made. Playing it on PS4 myself, 40 hours so far and as many percent completion. Kiefer doesn't talk much, but it really is way less hammy than with Hayter.

Shralla
7th Sep 2015, 18:14
I was dismayed to discover that my video card actually didn't meet the minimum requirements for Mad Max. I have no idea how that happened since I had checked them previously and was certain that I met them. But! I turned all the settings down and aside from a couple memory-related crashes, the game runs perfectly. Most games barely churn put 20 FPS running on a system of minimum requirements, never mind a system that doesn't even meet them. I'm utterly astounded.

xaduha3
11th Sep 2015, 16:34
Killing Floor 2 is great, also playing Dirty Bomb and there's Tribes: Ascend revival happening. Hirez got so much money from Smite they decided to sprinkle some devs on it.

4Ngb_LRt9Gk

zwanzig_zwoelf
16th Sep 2015, 23:46
Bros, I am currently playing an adventure game about a guy who travels through time and faces some nasty stuff. Some Japanese guys know how to make engaging stories. They're better than my fanfics. I mean, come on, some called me crazy for finding out the hidden connection between JC and Paul, but YU-NO is unbelievable. I want to see the same kind of crazy things in Mankind Divided. <:^)

Sotcitcio
19th Sep 2015, 16:58
Hey guys, I value your opinion much so I'm gonna ask here. I want to play a new game, I got some free time now, but I also don't want to waste money (I got a greek debt to pay :p). I want something with stealth, having played Thief some months ago, I'm now thinking about Dishonored. so..
Does Dishonored worth it more than similar alternatives on this genre?
If yes, is there a particular DLC from those on Steam that I should get?

FrankCSIS
20th Sep 2015, 04:10
I don't think you will find any alternative to the genre on the market, and certainly not of this quality. Yes it's got flaws, yes it's too easy if you overuse the Blink power, but how you play the game and how challenging you make it for yourself is entirely up to you. I don't know how much it's going for on Steam now, but I got it for cheap a year ago, so I'm sure the price is decent, and definitely worth it.

Never tried the DLC. I think it's more of the same, but you play as another character, and it feels like an afterthought, although I could be wrong. But the story has a full completion when the game ends, and I don't think the DLC adds much to it. You're better off replaying the game in a very different style, to have a whole other experience with it, than to buy some extra content. If it's super cheap though, like I imagine it is, then do get it.

Irate_Iguana
20th Sep 2015, 07:40
I don't think you will find any alternative to the genre on the market, and certainly not of this quality. Yes it's got flaws, yes it's too easy if you overuse the Blink power, but how you play the game and how challenging you make it for yourself is entirely up to you.

It's pretty easy if you use any powers, but going for the "Mostly Flesh and Steel" is a nice challenge. I quite liked the game. Nice atmosphere and world they've created. I also like the visuals and the gameplay, even if it did fall on the easy side. The story is pretty decent and does a good job setting up the gameplay. The morality system slightly alters the world, story and characters. It's a nice touch. Overall one of my favorite games of the last few years.

Never tried the DLC. I think it's more of the same, but you play as another character, and it feels like an afterthought, although I could be wrong.

You are wrong. It most certainly does not feel like an afterthought. I'd say that this is DLC done right. Yes, the gameplay in The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches is mostly more of the same. There are some new powers and some changes to level design and enemy placement that bring a bit more challenge. It's still pretty easy, but you can see that they thought about the gameplay after Dishonored.

The main thing about these two pieces of DLC is the story. It tells the tale of Daud about six months after he murdered the Empress. The Outsider gives Daud a mystery and he investigates. Without giving away too much of the story, I liked the fact that this gives more information about the world, the main characters and the story during the main campaign. It is also a neat story on its own with a pretty decent end. Definitely worth it if you liked the main campaign.

Dunwall City Trials consists of a number of minigames that make heavy use of the powers that you used in the main game. It shows you the possibility of some of the powers and can be a nice challenge. Also very frustrating if you want all the achievements. Train Runner and By My Hand Alone come to mind. Nice to play, but I wouldn't pay that much for it.

Right now the game is 14.99 for me on steam and 24.99 for the GOTY. The GOTY is certainly worth that price.

Sotcitcio
20th Sep 2015, 12:12
Thanks guys, I'll go for the goty edition, it's a good price.

SageSavage
20th Sep 2015, 12:46
Dishonored plays great and offers a lot of fun overall. So yeah, go buy it already!

Coinciudently I've been giving it another playthrough very recently. Still didn't care very much for the story (didn't feel irked by it either) and personally I'm partial to the setting / gameworld design but you can tell that the game was made by someone with an understanding and love for the "ImSim"-genre and they delivered a rather polished game. That makes up for its shortcomings, imo. Looking forward to Dishonored 2.

xaduha3
20th Sep 2015, 16:31
Dishonored is fine, unless you overdo it with stealth/blink/non-lethal takedowns. I think I mentioned it a dozen of times already, but on my first playthrough, when I got that fast-choking charm very early and was blinking around the place and choking people left and right - that was the worst decision ever. I even unbound my left mouse/attack, doh!

Later, when I played without magic pretty much, I enjoyed it way better.

zwanzig_zwoelf
20th Sep 2015, 17:39
Dishonored is bad, honestly. I was expecting a clear challenge but it's stupid and relies too much on dem superpowers. I'd recommend Thief from Eidos Montreal instead. :P

Tverdyj
21st Sep 2015, 19:57
The original Boiling Point was rough. Like buggy, resource heavy - all of that. But apparently if you could get past that it was one of those hidden gem Eastern Europe, Ukraine Poland FPSRPG's. AFAIK Xenus 2 was released only in Russia or something :D

s04sAPstPlI

Oh. Metal Gear Solid V is nearly upon us. I'm getting the Yoji Shinkawa art steelbook edition, apparently it's EU only. I am legit hype. Managed to avoid spoilers pretty well. Usually I spoil most games to myself, can't contain the hype. Internet makes it sooo easy nowadays with videos on Youtube etc. Have to try for Kojima-san though.

GamersGate has both Xenus 2 and Precursors, I believe.

I'm still making my way through Witcher 3, my original run. Got past the "warning, think twice before doing this" point, and fought the spectacular battle after getting the band back together. Crazy good, :D

My overall impression is that it's the best RPG to combine story-focus with open-world. And, it's important stress, large parts of the main story are less interesting than the character-driven side stories. Most of side stuff is superbly written (a few fetch-quests on Skellige aside). The horse physics can still be wonky (going downhill with Roach dancing on front legs only), and the Fool's Gold DLC is hopelessly broken. I had another 3 or 4 bugged quests, but they were either patched, or there were workarounds.

Can't wait for the October story DLC, and I'm not even done yet!

vallux
28th Sep 2015, 19:22
Can't wait for the October story DLC, and I'm not even done yet!

Been trying to get back into The Witcher 3 but MGSV got in the way. Might have to power through New Game + before Hearts of Stone.

SageSavage
4th Oct 2015, 12:43
This just piqued my interest:

DSHhPDDLUPw
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/04/pamela-greenlight/#more-318829

xaduha3
4th Oct 2015, 19:29
Legend of Grimrock 1 was out on iOS for some time, for $1 it's a steal.

Sotcitcio
5th Oct 2015, 17:10
Just finished Dishonored. It was amazing! so thanks helping me make the decision. Powers indeed make the game a lot easier but it's up to you. I didn't find anything I didn't like except some minor things. And I didn't even know they were making a sequel btw, so I guess I'm pretty hyped already :D

Irate_Iguana
5th Oct 2015, 17:11
This just piqued my interest:

DSHhPDDLUPw
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/04/pamela-greenlight/#more-318829

That kind of story lends itself well to games. Looks interesting.

vallux
7th Oct 2015, 15:18
Star Wars Battlefront PC requirements (http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-system-requirements-released/)

So. 8 gigs of ram minimum. 16 recommended. The latest Intel 6xxx (Skylake) processors. How in the gosh are they using all that ram. Seems like somebody is covering their arses if this doesn't run properly.

That being said, it'll probably run okay. Preloading the beta now. Also bought The Nathan Drake Collection for PS4.

Irate_Iguana
7th Oct 2015, 16:03
So. 8 gigs of ram minimum. 16 recommended. The latest Intel 6xxx (Skylake) processors. How in the gosh are they using all that ram. Seems like somebody is covering their arses if this doesn't run properly.

This screams lazy console port.

Shralla
7th Oct 2015, 16:22
PC Gamer doesn't seem concerned. Also I didn't think that any game had less than a six gig requirement these days.

http://www.pcgamer.com/dont-be-too-intimidated-by-battlefronts-recommended-specs/

Far Cry Primal has my interest up. I didn't play 4, but I really enjoyed my time with 3. I found myself almost exclusively using the bow and melee in almost all situations, so the prospect of no guns and therefore added melee depth and more of a focus on the bow pretty much has me sold already.

SageSavage
8th Oct 2015, 06:16
That prehistoric setting is leaving me completely cold so far. Never got into that dino-phase when I was a kid either and neither was I hyped for Jurassic Park at any point in time.

Shralla
9th Oct 2015, 03:35
To be fair, there don't seem to be any dinosaurs. It's set 10,000 years ago, and looks to have animals fitting for the time. Mammoths, sabretooths, etc. I liked the gameplay of Far Cry 3, particularly when it came to the bow. Removing guns from the equation sounds like a great idea to me.

SageSavage
9th Oct 2015, 07:06
True, probably no dinos then (kinda been there with Blood Dragon anyway). That doesn't make it more appealing to me though. It's good to try something new but it'll be very hard to make rocks and spears more appealing then scoped rifles and grenade launchers. Same goes for the environments and "vehicles".

xaduha3
13th Oct 2015, 22:13
I think I found the reason I don't particularly like Mad Max: Fury Road. I wouldn't call previous films very realistic, but Fury Road is unrealistic in a different way. First one was the most realistic one, second one was very low-tech at least. Never watched the 3rd. But Fury Road... there are lots of things that are there with a sole purpose - to make things flashier. I bet it has more explosions than all previous films put together. That ridiculous platform with a flame-throwing guitarist is this attitude exemplified. A wig made of bullet belts, that's nice.

That's what I don't like. Too stylistic, it doesn't mix well with gritty wasteland environment, at least in my book.

EDIT: Um, someone moved this comment from Underworld tavern to here. Okey-dokey.

EDIT2: Do yourself a favor, watch this trailer (high quality (http://www.gamersyde.com/news_swtor_knights_of_the_fallen_empire_trailer-17226_en.html)) using Smooth Video Player (installer (http://www.svp-team.com/files/svp4-free-online.exe)), though it needs a beefy computer, it converts it to 60fps on-the-fly.

Avenging_Teabag
23rd Oct 2015, 07:29
Been having enormous fun with Dying Light in the last couple of weeks. What a great game with smooth, intuitive parkour mechanics (the thing that I liked the most in Titanfall). Very enjoyable coop experience too, me and a friend barely make any progress through the story, because there are always more stuff to find, more challenges, more zombies to dick around with (traps! conducting liquid! molotovs! toxic waste!).

And speaking of Far Cry, I feel like Dying light is a better successor to FC3 (which is very definitely in my top 5 favorite games of all time) than FC4. Techland borrowed liberally from the mechanics, even the tiny things like the beeping sound when you start a challenge, but refined them enough and put enough of a twist on them so they feel fresh, in contrast to FC4. As for Primal, I don't know how how to feel about that yet. A Far Cry game without guns? Doesn't feel right to me, but we'll see.

xaduha3
23rd Oct 2015, 11:30
O3o7WHJU4p0

vallux
24th Oct 2015, 09:00
Been having enormous fun with Dying Light in the last couple of weeks. What a great game with smooth, intuitive parkour mechanics (the thing that I liked the most in Titanfall). Very enjoyable coop experience too, me and a friend barely make any progress through the story, because there are always more stuff to find, more challenges, more zombies to dick around with (traps! conducting liquid! molotovs! toxic waste!)

Dying Light was way better than I expected. You really, REALLY need to get the dropkick skill. Spent countless hours just messing around with the zombies.

xaduha3
24th Oct 2015, 14:53
87PePOILGwo

Shralla
25th Oct 2015, 02:56
People who turn their weapon models off when recording video are the worst.

xaduha3
28th Oct 2015, 09:44
High quality Dishonored 2 trailer, registration needed to download, but it's worth it.

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_dishonored_2_announce_trailer-35062_en.html

Shralla
28th Oct 2015, 20:00
As in a new trailer?

vallux
28th Oct 2015, 21:01
As in a new trailer?

Looks like the E3 announcement trailer.

Meanwhile, David Cage at it again.

FLmxQj_w6V8

xaduha3
29th Oct 2015, 18:05
Good news? http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/29/paradox-white-wolf/

Trailer of a canceled World of Darkness game

PxR-aC4yWs0

In other news, Overwatch is in beta and reactions to the game are mostly positive, by the looks of it.

68_pie
30th Oct 2015, 14:36
via Twitter and retweeted by Paradox...

So it seems like something was bought by @PdxInteractive and people want us to look into making a game? Hmmm...

:D

Bloodlines 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xaduha3
7th Nov 2015, 00:15
Overwatch, Spring 2016 , $40+, PC/XB1/PS4

http://gfycat.com/UntimelyGloomyBudgie

My initial reaction to most heroes can be described as 'cringe', but after watching some streams I can see myself playing this game. Not a fan of MOBAs, though, never was. Closest game to a MOBA I played was Monday Night Combat.

Shralla
7th Nov 2015, 22:30
I wish Overwatch had some more MOBA mechanics. I'm really waiting for something with the overall objective and broad gameplay rules as a MOBA, but as a first-person shooter or a proper third-person hack and slash game.

xaduha3
7th Nov 2015, 23:29
You're saying it like there are no games that might fall in this category. Ever played aforementioned Monday Night Combat (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVWOZKnj0pY) and Super MNC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gydOgeFYmU8)? 3rd person shooters, though.

What about Smite? At least it's not Dirty Bomb doesn't have minions, but plenty of classes and it is very objective centered.

Battleborn, Paladins, Gigantic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pWd8BWrgsg) and Lawbreakers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ4S5G4nsUI).

vallux
8th Nov 2015, 11:45
ef0mU6VLUzY

Nixxes joining Bluepoint as porting gods. Rise of the Tomb Raider not looking bad at all. on Xbox 360. Apparently pre-rendered cutscenes from Xbox One. Though it might be the work required is a little less than say on the Black Ops 3 port which looks like hammered **** on old gen.

xaduha3
8th Nov 2015, 13:17
J76xowN-TQA

EDIT: Piling on...

Gamersyde loves them some raw/slightly compressed footage. If you're up for it here's 4 clips (http://www.gamersyde.com/news_our_pc_video_of_the_overwatch_beta-17328_en.html) of Overwatch gameplay, 60 fps, about 5 minutes and 1.5 GB each.

vallux
2nd Dec 2015, 17:21
Just Cause 3 is fun - even if the performance is uneven, which seems to be a recurring theme in 2015. Kinda weird how Rico Rodriguez became pretty much Italian in JC3 after being pretty much Antonio Banderas in the first two. His best friend hasn't said "It's a me, MARIO! yet, but I'm sure it'll happen.

xaduha3
3rd Dec 2015, 04:15
0_nXMXOprAg

Shralla
4th Dec 2015, 03:34
You're saying it like there are no games that might fall in this category. Ever played aforementioned Monday Night Combat (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVWOZKnj0pY) and Super MNC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gydOgeFYmU8)? 3rd person shooters, though.

What about Smite?

Missed this reply.

The gameplay on those are too loose for me. It feels like they started with a MOBA and then tried building a shooter or a third person action game instead. The mechanics aren't tight and responsive, and the polish isn't there. Overwatch looks like a huge improvement in that regard, as do most of the last games you mentioned, but none of them seem to follow the MOBA format, favoring a more direct PvP approach.

xaduha3
5th Dec 2015, 04:07
MNC is the cleanest hybrid between MOBA and a shooter of them all.

The mechanics aren't tight and responsive

What is that supposed to mean? Overwatch is a more polished game, but it's certainly less MOBA than MNC.

Shralla
6th Dec 2015, 04:29
SMNC is clunky and slow, basically. So is Smite. I want the best of shooter mechanics (or beat-em-up/hack and slash mechanics) mixed with the best of MOBA mechanics (which are entirely exclusive things, conveniently enough). Hopefully some of the new games coming out can fulfill that desire.

xaduha3
6th Dec 2015, 09:18
I never played SMNC, just the ordinary MNC. Never played Smite. At the time I played TF2 a lot and MNC didn't feel particularly slow compared to that. Of course there are much faster shooters. Overwatch is too relatively slow (I don't have beta access, just judging by videos).

U0WHed6n_Zc

vallux
7th Dec 2015, 16:54
Yakuza 5 out in Europe tomorrow the 8th. Finally.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/85779837fabae3a7450b7e8fb556ff82/tumblr_n0wj61hiNg1slik4to1_400.gif

Avenging_Teabag
8th Dec 2015, 09:02
Dipped into R6 Siege open beta and decided to postpone buying the game until it's discounted. The gameplay itself is brilliant when it's flowing, but the matchmaking issues are kind of severe. I get it that it's no use to wait for them to add a server browser, but at least they could add some kind of penalty for *******s repeatedly dropping out of matches. Blah.

Currently playing Payday 2 with friends, having an absolute blast. I know, I know, microtransactions, community is in an uproar (and rightly so), but I got the game almost a year back as a gift, and I never spend a dime on mt-related purchases in any game ever, so... honestly I couldn't believe it took me this long to finally try the game. Logged 90 hours in 3 weeks, so better late than never, i guess.

SageSavage
8th Dec 2015, 14:04
System Shock 3
Teased By Looking Glass Veterans
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/12/08/system-shock-3-teaser-otherside-entertainment/

MasterTaffer
8th Dec 2015, 16:11
WHAT?!
http://cdn1.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/toy-poodle-monster.jpg

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Dec 2015, 20:23
Oooh. This has my attention!

Shralla
8th Dec 2015, 23:35
System Shock 3
Teased By Looking Glass Veterans
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/12/08/system-shock-3-teaser-otherside-entertainment/

Consider me cautiously interested.

SageSavage
9th Dec 2015, 05:59
Oh, I am extremely interested in this game but my hopes for a proper sequel are rather low at the moment. Same goes for the upcoming Ultima Underworld game. Wait and see, as always...

Plenty of other stuff to play in the meantime. Just a few minutes ago I read the Steam description page for this (extremely oldschool-
looking) game called "City Of Chains" http://store.steampowered.com/app/412170/?snr=1_4_4__123 Could be really good but there's only one review for it yet and I don't feel like gambling at the moment. Has anyone tried it already?

xaduha3
10th Dec 2015, 18:36
Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend just started. Play it.

There's also this

dt9NGBCME9g

this smug HiRez dev cracks me up

Shralla
11th Dec 2015, 04:48
I can't see Tribes becoming "a thing" again. I think it had its day and because of poor handling of the IP, it won't get another, unfortunately.

That said, I'd really like to see something new in the actual Starsiege line. From what I can tell, Activision probably owns the that IP.

xaduha3
12th Dec 2015, 22:43
There are plenty of full servers in Amsterdam region alone, but will they be able to keep it that way?

http://gfycat.com/HandyParchedGreendarnerdragonfly

KF2 Free Weekend is still on!

Fallout 4 was out for some time, but not a peep about it here? These forums are deader than dead.

I don't usually buy games on day 1, but I think I just might do it with XCOM2.

vallux
14th Dec 2015, 22:53

Greetings COMMANDERRRRRRR I'd like to think the dude has been sitting in his World Council bunker for like 20 years waiting for the COMMMANDERRRR to wake up.

SageSavage
15th Dec 2015, 05:39
Fallout 4 was out for some time, but not a peep about it here? These forums are deader than dead.

Well, I can't play FO4 until I've upgraded my PC sometime next year but from what I've seen and read about it, it's a good thing that I didn't rush out to get it anyway. The reduction of RPG elements and the allegedly mediocre side quests seem to be a real bummer for a significant number of reviewers. I'll play it sometime but I don't feel any kind of urgency anymore.

Yes, this forum is hibernating hard.

vallux
15th Dec 2015, 13:29
We're still so far away from release and we pretty much know now what we are getting. The previous game was a bit of an unknown quality for so long, the speculation alone was enough to keep this place busy. It's pretty much the skeleton crew of the old guard with 500+ posts (or less, but have time invested in the forums). The new guys always show up later.

Yakuza 5 is ******* amazing. 25 hours in. Not even mad I had to wait 3 years for it. Going to get Yakuza Zero when it's released next year, probably going to have to import if the Europe release doesn't happen.

xaduha3
21st Dec 2015, 00:40
8h6lUbz6tyk

O3on8nSSLn0

xaduha3
29th Dec 2015, 16:34
Shadow Warrior is pretty great. A FPS with RPG elements such as skills, magic abilities and weapon upgrades. 90% OFF on Steam now, get it if you never did.

Also, surprisingly, they are using their own engine. Runs and looks excellent.

According to Steam it took me 13 hours, mostly on Normal.

'Eisbearbeitungsmaschinensimulator 2016' - THE GAME (http://img.pr0gramm.com/misc/ebms2016)

vallux
4th Jan 2016, 15:56
Shadowrun Returns wasn't half bad. Now going through Dragonfall. The Steam Sale for me was a bit different. Bought some games I normally wouldn't like Shadowfall and Killer is Dead (yes, it's a weird one, again).

Shralla
4th Jan 2016, 23:48
I bought Spore+expansions, Rocket League, Darkest Dungeon, and Lego Marvel Super Heroes. I mostly got Lego to play couch co-op with the SO, but I'm super pumped about Rocket League and Darkest Dungeon. I was iffy on Rocket League originally but heard nothing but great experiences so I caved in order to not miss the bandwagon. I thought Darkest Dungeon looked great when it was crowdfunding and like Rocket League I've heard nothing but great things. I hear the full version is due out early this year so I figured I'd jump the gun and grab it for $10. Spore is something I've wanted my own copy of for a long time, a legit one with access to the Sporepedia.

I also bought Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball, something I think all folks ought to own.

Bs7pfOdpLMY

Avenging_Teabag
13th Jan 2016, 15:36
We're still so far away from release and we pretty much know now what we are getting. The previous game was a bit of an unknown quality for so long, the speculation alone was enough to keep this place busy. It's pretty much the skeleton crew of the old guard with 500+ posts (or less, but have time invested in the forums). The new guys always show up later.
Yeah, sure, keep telling yourself that. This forum is dead because of endless and relentless negativity that finally drove pretty much everyone away. Even a saint wouldn't give this bs a time of day. I open this forum about once a month, and there's about 10 new posts in that time, if that. On the official forum for an upcoming, highly anticipated title. I assure you, new people that will stumble in there after the game's release will just as quickly go away, because no one has any patience for this sort of incessant b**ching. This place is not hibernating, it's dead.

Shralla
13th Jan 2016, 17:52
Oh no, people can't handle being told the truth and history behind games they started liking yesterday. They'd rather just blindly pretend it's the greatest game of all time even though they have zero basis for comparison. I just feel so awful about them being "driven off" because they can't handle the fact that they have no idea what they're talking about.

The constant circle-jerk that it would become if all of us suddenly left isn't any better than the constant *****ing that you are now *****ing about. Either way it's a bunch of one-sided discussions, only the former is borne of dedicated ignorance, and the latter of jaded idealism.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th Jan 2016, 20:33
Many official forums are quieter these days - social-networking has taken over. :naughty:
Official sites liven up again when something big happens though... eg game or album release, tour and ticket sales, etc.

Avenging_Teabag
14th Jan 2016, 06:30
Oh no, people can't handle being told the truth and history behind games they started liking yesterday. They'd rather just blindly pretend it's the greatest game of all time even though they have zero basis for comparison. I just feel so awful about them being "driven off" because they can't handle the fact that they have no idea what they're talking about.

The constant circle-jerk that it would become if all of us suddenly left isn't any better than the constant *****ing that you are now *****ing about. Either way it's a bunch of one-sided discussions, only the former is borne of dedicated ignorance, and the latter of jaded idealism.Such man. Many straw. Wow.

Please point out where did I say that you should feel anything about anything. I simply explained why this forum has become a ghost city and why any new arrivals that might by chance wander in here quickly decide that indulging five bitter fanboys constantly snapping their teeth at any game made less than 15 years ago is not worth the bother. There are many other platforms out there, after all. So, enjoy your 7 posts per month.

Many official forums are quieter these days - social-networking has taken over. :naughty:

A visit to the official forum for literally any notable upcoming game will tell you that's not true.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Jan 2016, 08:09
A visit to the official forum for literally any notable upcoming game will tell you that's not true.

As I said, if something big is happening then official forums become more active again. An upcoming game is something big.
It is absolutely true that forums have seen a decline over the years, with more of us prefering to visit sites like Facebook, Twitter and Reddit

68_pie
14th Jan 2016, 13:36
Such man. Many straw. Wow.

five bitter fanboys constantly snapping their teeth at any game made less than 15 years ago

Lol

xaduha3
14th Jan 2016, 15:24
There's nothing to discuss, really. No news.

Even in olden days (before HR was released) this place wasn't exactly teeming. And what I mean by 'this place'? That would be
http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=252
Notice that we are at
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=408
now.

DX fans are kind of spread out anyway. /r/deusex has less subscribers than /r/dishonored.
What was the original place where fans hanged out? I guess it was PDX aka Planet Deus Ex.
Negativity towards Mankind Divided didn't even happen, not really. Because most things were said about HR, MD just sticks to the formula.

SageSavage
14th Jan 2016, 16:48
@Avenging Teabag: I really don't see where you are coming from. Sure, there was/is some negativity - as you can find in any other forum - especially when the topic is a new installment to some cult franchise. But I find that since the release of HR it has been actually very moderate in here, overall. It was much, much more intense before and even then it was rarely a flamefest (although there have been short episodes) - again - like you find in most forums. Bound to happen when hardcore fans collide with a casual crowd.

Unless I somehow missed a huge part, I don't remember anything significantly intense in here for many month now. In my personal
opinion, the "decline" of this forum is a the result of a combination of things.

- HR is very old news now,
- original DX1 community people living 'adult lifes' now
- MD has been pushed far away and I like to believe that people in here overall are not as easy to kick into pre-release frenzies then before
- the migration to this new forums was horrible, we defintely lost lots of people by that
- social media indeed take their toll on traditional forums

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Jan 2016, 18:06
I agree with all you say...

Shralla
14th Jan 2016, 22:16
/r/deusex has less subscribers than /r/dishonored.

A. Ouch
B. As it should

Dishonored built something interesting and new from pieces of classics. Human Revolution was a vague attempt to do that, but with an already-established name and too many added quantities that just happened to be popular at the time.

xaduha3
14th Jan 2016, 23:17
I don't think DX series fans are less numerous than Dishonored fans, they are either spread out or not just not into it. They are kind of old-school. You can also judge it by the quality of guides on things like Gamefaqs versus wikis. DX wikis suck(ed?). But Gamefaq guides/faqs/walkthroughs were good.

You can argue that HR-only, new fans is another matter, but is it even possible to separate us/them? I'm sure that most serious DX fans played HR.

Avenging_Teabag
15th Jan 2016, 08:16
@Avenging Teabag: I really don't see where you are coming from. Sure, there was/is some negativity - as you can find in any other forum - especially when the topic is a new installment to some cult franchise. But I find that since the release of HR it has been actually very moderate in here, overall.
No, it really wasn't. I was there, I still remember some guy comparing HR developers to drug dealers in earnest. The levels of circlejerk on the old forums were mind boggling. And the most hilarious thing was, the same people later had the gall to complain that the developers "don't listen to the community waaah waaah". As if a community like that is something anyone would want to listen to. That's where I'm coming from.

I agree that the transfer to the new forum was handled terribly.

SageSavage
15th Jan 2016, 08:55
No, it really wasn't. I was there, I still remember some guy comparing HR developers to drug dealers in earnest. The levels of circlejerk on the old forums were mind boggling. And the most hilarious thing was, the same people later had the gall to complain that the developers "don't listen to the community waaah waaah". As if a community like that is something anyone would want to listen to. That's where I'm coming from.

I agree that the transfer to the new forum was handled terribly.

Your perception of this forum is certainly quite different from my own - I guess there's no point in arguing that. Makes me wonder why you even bothered to come back and voice it, however.

xaduha3
15th Jan 2016, 11:14

Pardon the expression, but you don't know ****. When exactly did you join? If you somehow think that you witnessed the golden age of these forums and then constant negativity drove everyone (including the devs) away, then you're delusional. These forums never were important to EM, their community managers (quite a few of them) spent more time on social media, some of them hardly had any messages here apart from introductory ones.

Avenging_Teabag
15th Jan 2016, 11:56
^ I don't owe you anything dude, not an explanation, nor the date of my joining, even if i remembered it, which i don't (you can search the old forum for it, if you don't have anything better to do, same username).
Yeah, of course the official forum on the official site for the game is not important to the developers, and never has been ,because you know, they are just mean and stupid like that. Sure.

xaduha3
15th Jan 2016, 12:05
It should be important, but it never was. It's the sad truth, doesn't matter if you don't believe me.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th Jan 2016, 16:14
Please take all personal attacks/bickering to PMs or another forum please; it doesn't contribute anything to the actual discussion.
Thank you.

SageSavage
19th Jan 2016, 08:19
"Deus Ex Plus Die Hard: Consortium – The Tower"
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/18/consortium-the-tower-kickstarter/

[...]it’s a science fiction game set in a single environment. You can talk, fight or sneak your way past or through encounters, and many events will happen even if you’re not there to see or influence them. Everything takes place in real-time and though the fourth wall trembles and breaks, the emphasis is on immersion. And that pitch line? “Imagine the original Deus Ex combined with the film Die Hard.”[...]

Yes, please!

Avenging_Teabag
19th Jan 2016, 11:01
Anyway, looks like I'm going on the Tom Clancy lark for the foreseeable future. A friend got me R6: Siege, which I liked well enough during beta, but wasn't going to buy until way later. I'm also bouncing-up-and-down-excited for The Division. I jumped in and preordered it, so, I'm getting beta access on the 29th. Hopefully. Let's see how it goes. I'm pretty confident it will be amazing though because I have first-hand confirmation from a friend whom i trust who played the alpha. Tom Clancy universe is like crack to me, tbh.

Shralla
19th Jan 2016, 18:04
The news that The Division will only encompass Midtown Manhattan has significantly diminished my interest in the game. I'll put it on the wait and see list, but honestly most of those go unpurchased because of diminished public interest by the time I'd get around to playing them.

EDIT: On the other hand, $45 isn't too bad a price. http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/tom-clancys-division/

Too bad you can't use the voucher though.

Avenging_Teabag
20th Jan 2016, 06:50
Yeah, that's something I also have reservations about. I hope the actual size of the world becomes clearer as i play the beta. Technically 10 to 12 square kilometers is more than enough, i feel, if they are nicely detailed and populated. I have no idea if there is any type of fast travel available (there are certainly no means of transportation other than your own two feet), and i'm not looking forward to hiking 10 kms on foot in real time.

Ultimately it all depends on how detailed the world is. Hopefully, the beta makes that clear.

Shralla
20th Jan 2016, 20:37
To be fair 12 square km is less than 4km in each direction, and with average human walking speed being 5 km/h, it will probably only take 15-20 minutes to walk across the map. Seems alright to me.

I can't stand fast travel. It gives companies an excuse to not make the world as detailed. If they have to design it to be entertaining through multiple retreads, it will end up more interesting than when they design it knowing people will just use fast travel.

MasterTaffer
20th Jan 2016, 21:53
I actively avoid using fast travel in games. Has an effect on game flow I just don't like very much.

KManX89
20th Jan 2016, 23:12
Just got the Resident Evil: Origins Collection yesterday and downloaded the Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition last week. I also have Street Fighter V, Uncharted 4 and The Divison pre-ordered.

Avenging_Teabag
21st Jan 2016, 07:53
20 minutes of walking to a mission point is way too long considering that you could very probably get sidetracked, delayed by a firefight, etc. Even in real life 20 minutes could be way too long of a walk, if a game demands I spent over 5 minutes simply walking with nothing to do, that's unacceptable. I refuse to spend my game time (limited as it is by adult life) just hiking around, so a fast travel system would be very welcome. (ETA: and indeed, there is one. Thanks Ubisoft).

Shralla
21st Jan 2016, 17:13
20 minutes of walking to a mission point is way too long considering that you could very probably get sidetracked, delayed by a firefight, etc. Even in real life 20 minutes could be way too long of a walk, if a game demands I spent over 5 minutes simply walking with nothing to do, that's unacceptable.

So you complain that the walk will have nothing to do, but before that you complain that you might get sidetracked on the walk by things to do. So which is it? Do you hate walking with nothing to do? Or do you hate walking with things to do? Because it can't actually be both, otherwise it just proves how arbitrary you're being, and the fact that you should probably just stick to games that aren't open-world. Twenty minutes to cross an entire map is nothing, and getting sidetracked by a living world is pretty much the only reason to play open-world games.

Maybe, just maybe, there are games that you don't need to play? So maybe you can keep your inane complaints to yourself about them, and stop ruining good game design because you want to play games you admit yourself to not having time to play. You say you refuse to spend your game time etc etc, but what you really mean is you want all games to cater to you. And good news! Literally every game does cater to you, so there was really no reason for you to ***** about this one but you went ahead and did it anyway, and now it is confirmed to be as vapid and shallow as the rest of the games that are already catering to you that you can't just be satisfied with.

And really, walking twenty minutes in real life is too long? Are you even being serious about that? What kind of life do you live where you could possibly honestly think that way? And five minutes in video games? It took more than five minutes to walk from Helgen to Whiterun in the beginning of Skyrim. And who said there would be nothing to do in-between? Your assumption of that is exactly my point about fast travel. You are literally providing them with an excuse to make the open world boring and lifeless, because you're just going to use fast travel either way, and you've already assumed the worst about the game world, yet for some reason are still willing to buy it.

You're the perfect customer. You expect less effort from the company. You expect the game to be boring without fast travel. So they have no reason to make the game any better, because you're just going to buy the ****ty version either way. You clearly don't even actually want to play an open-world game at all. Stick to Mankind Divided.

xaduha3
21st Jan 2016, 21:39
There should be some forms for fast travel, but not on-demand and not to every possible explored location. Like in Morrowind, for example. There are various transports, but each of them have a limited list of destinations. More often than not you need to use several of them, e.g. after Silt Strider you walk to the Mage Guild to use their teleportation services.

EDIT: you know what, I take that back. There should be on-demand fast travel to explored locations, but only in games with magic! Only when you're a high level mage (so that would be later in the game) and can pull it off, like in Arcanum. Also related to that are spells like Mark and Recall.

SageSavage
22nd Jan 2016, 07:16
I'm completely fine with fast travel to already discovered locations Bethesda style (since Oblivion).

On another note: No reaction to the Consortium: The Tower pitch I posted earlier - a game that sets out to realize Spectors original vision for an ImSim and is described as Deus Ex meets Die Hard? Well, there is something wrong with all of you. That's a fact!

xaduha3
22nd Jan 2016, 09:08
I used 'remind me' feature of Kickstarter, but that's about it. For me it's very hard to get excited about Kickstarter projects, for some reason. One advise I'd give future self - never back projects to be made by a publicly traded company.

SageSavage
22nd Jan 2016, 10:22
I used 'remind me' feature of Kickstarter, but that's about it. For me it's very hard to get excited about Kickstarter projects, for some reason. One advise I'd give future self - never back projects to be made by a publicly traded company.

Yeah, I don't back anything either but I hope enough people will so this game gets made because I think it sounds really great! Haven't played the predecessor mentioned by RPS but I find it reassuring that the people already have some experience in game making.

xaduha3
22nd Jan 2016, 11:13
Also I'm kind of wary of projects that ask for inadequate sums. Before KIckstarter was a thing I had no idea how much money it took to make a game, but now I can at least compare with ones that happened before

They ask some low-ish number, because they want to get that money, they don't want to risk failing the whole campaign. But they hope to get more and to entice that there are some stretch goals.

450 000 Canadian Dollars = 317 550 US Dollars

Come on, what is that!? Companies need to be more serious about it. Backers too, by the way, so overfunding doesn't happen, like it did with Star Citizen.

But take Armikrog devs, they wanted $900 000, they got $974 578. Perfect!
With "Wii U Stretch" goal of $950 000.

EDIT: I did back Armikrog, but I didn't follow it or play it. Steam reviews indicate that with all that they still fell short.

This game had 3 times the (planned) budget of Consortium: The Tower.

SageSavage
22nd Jan 2016, 12:01
I'm not in a position to judge the legitimacy of their campaign. All I'm saying is that the game they plan to make seems like one DXers could love, the team behind it seems capable and the 'proof of concept'-video looks very promising.

Still, I don't back or pre-order anything and made that a principle of mine.

xaduha3
26th Jan 2016, 14:40
Let's play a game, try to top this one: "Wolfenstein: The New Order" 44606 MB

68_pie
27th Jan 2016, 14:03
I was feeling bored and my flatmate has a PS3 so I decided to play Uncharted 3 (I haven't played the previous games).

Things I liked:

The movement. I was expecting it to feel just like Tomb Raider; but Drake felt heavier and less graceful without it being clunky which was a nice touch.

Things I didn't like:

Let me play the damn game! I felt like control was constantly being taken away to force a particular narrative or particular choices on me.

The shooting was kinda meh. Is Drake supposed to be likable? He came across to me as a bit of an arsehole.

Can't say I have any interest in playing the other Uncharted games. It made me realise how much I enjoy the old Tomb Raider games (and, after watching Let's Play videos, how little interest I have in the new ones!).

xaduha3
27th Jan 2016, 20:57
I was conflating Uncharted and Just Cause series. Haven't played any, but I was sort of aware that <Title> 3 was out for some time and was confused that <Title> 3 was released again just recently!

Um, nevermind. Played a bit of "Darkest Dungeon". It's OK, I guess. I don't have a solid opinion on it yet.

Unreal Tournament. It's free. It's fun. It's playable. Some things are not polished, but some other things are surprisingly good looking.

EDIT:

Welp, Wizened Had kicked my ass. On balance Darkest Dungeon is a good game.

Shralla
2nd Feb 2016, 22:24
if a game demands I spent over 5 minutes simply walking with nothing to do, that's unacceptable.

Bad news about The Division's first five minutes.

EDIT: Ordered a GTX 970 courtesy of my tax return and some generous contributions from family in the form of Newegg gift cards, as well as a $50 off sale. Very excited for it to come in and then install it. I've been running a 1GB card that was already outdated when I installed it, and over the last two years its been a pain trying to get things to run well. So jumping all the way to a 4GB should be fun!

It came with a free copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider, so I guess once it comes in I'll see what that's all about.

Avenging_Teabag
8th Feb 2016, 16:58
So maybe you can keep your inane complaints to yourself about them, and stop ruining good game design because you want to play games you admit yourself to not having time to play.
That's just hilarious. Good game design according to whom, internet user Shralla? So walking at energetic pace from point A to Point B for twenty minutes is good game design? Lol.

You are literally providing them with an excuse to make the open world boring and lifeless, because you're just going to use fast travel either way, and you've already assumed the worst about the game world, yet for some reason are still willing to buy it.
I have assumed nothing of the sort. Your embittered rant, however, contains pretty much nothing but assumptions. Pretty indicative of this here place and why it's pretty much a ghost city now.

You're the perfect customer. You expect less effort from the company. You expect the game to be boring without fast travel. So they have no reason to make the game any better, because you're just going to buy the ****ty version either way. You clearly don't even actually want to play an open-world game at all. Stick to Mankind Divided.
You sound upset. Why are you so upset?

I expect nothing from a company. Quite literally. As long as I haven't paid any money to them, they owe me nothing. I decide if I'm gonna buy or not buy a game based on the sum of its features, and yes, lack of a fast travel feature in a game like this would make me less likely to buy it. Thankfully, after playing the beta, my concerns have been mostly laid to rest (not all of them, but i'm willing to take the risk). And yes, I'm not a big fan of open world games, generally speaking. You seem to have some sort of a problem with that?

vallux
10th Feb 2016, 18:43
I liked the Division's beta, even if it was a bit light on content. The HUD and menus were too busy in the beginning. And I like the tech-y aesthetic. Ubisoft, for me at least has been killing it with cool HUD's like the projected text in the last few Splinter Cells or the AR overlay of Watch Dogs. The enemies are a bit bulletspongey but I guess that is to be expected in a game with DPS, loot or other Destiny-RPG-Y-things. The open beta has an another mission in it. Maybe I'll even pop in the Dark Zone this time.

Any thoughts on recent releases. XCOM 2 or Rise of The Tomb Raider PC?

I like the new Tomb Raider, it builds on the previous game's mechanics and it's fun to play. The story is a bit crap. Her ass fine tho. It's even has more tombs now, even if the puzzles are a bit simple.

I can't seem to write coherent things. I also like a lot of things.

Avenging_Teabag
11th Feb 2016, 12:58
Maybe I'll even pop in the Dark Zone this time.

Seems like I have enough people on my steam/uplay friend lists to make 2 full teams and take the Dark Zone by the balls. I'm pretty sure nothing and no one there would be able to stand up to a coordinated group of 8 on a dedicated TS server. They already made the rogue mechanic less punishing for the open beta, and increased the reward for surviving the manhunt timer. Fun times.

However, I think I will wait for the final release to start playing in earnest. I don't want to get burned out prematurely.

vallux
11th Feb 2016, 21:58
However, I think I will wait for the final release to start playing in earnest. I don't want to get burned out prematurely.

Pretty much this. Don't want to level too much seeing as I have to do it again in a couple of weeks.

SageSavage
13th Feb 2016, 12:32
"Towering: Consortium Free Until Noon Tomorrow"
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/02/12/consortium-free-game/

Consortium [official site] is a fascinating game and I’ll go into a proper sulk if the sequel’s Kickstarter fails. Things aren’t looking good, with $310,000 left to raise and only a week of the campaign left[/color]. The original is an immersive sim that feels like a version of the ‘single city block’ game. One location and characters that seem to exist and act even when the player isn’t there to watch them. To raise awareness of the sequel and its potential qualities, the original is freely available from GOG until 1:59pm GMT tomorrow.[/color]

xaduha3
13th Feb 2016, 18:15
XCOM 2 is great. "Untouchable" (random ability) is a life-saver. Literally.

http://i.imgur.com/8VVppT7.png

"Avatar project"? What "Avatar project"?

Finished on "Veteran" (without Ironman), felt a bit too easy compared to the first game and the fact that I was playing Darkest Dungeon just before it didn't help with that perception either.

wdmad3oyxDM

new track by Michiel van den Bos - Black Hole Sunscreen

I should probably start a Twitter feed or somethin

yqE5PQf5mmg

Shralla
25th Feb 2016, 02:39
Rocket League is AMAZING! Can't hype it up enough. Next time it's on sale, BUY IT!

vallux
25th Feb 2016, 21:53
I've heard nothing but good about Rocket League, and it has sold a metric buttload of copies. I think I still have it on my PS4 hard drive from PS+. Haven't played it yet though.

Shralla
26th Feb 2016, 00:39
They just added the hockey mode back in due to popular demand, after removing it at the end of the season. Personally I much prefer the hockey mode, the bounciness is set to low and obviously the shape of it changes things a lot. It's the only thing I really played so I'm glad they're listening to their fans! Season 2 just started and with the hockey mode back, the Rocket Labs maps up, it's a good time to check it out. Getting it for free is an unbelievable steal.

xaduha3
29th Feb 2016, 10:49
SUPERHOT is something. Haven't played enough to say exactly what it is, but it's something.

vallux
29th Feb 2016, 12:10
SUPER HOT. SUPER. HOT

Shralla
1st Mar 2016, 04:46
The price tag has kept me away from SUPERHOT for the time being. I was totally enamored with the prototype, but I was expecting a $20 price tag on release. I suspect it'll probably go down to $18 or so for the Spring sale, so I'll probably wait it out. The game does look fantastic though, as I knew it would. This is worth a watch.

YMQ0UMcQ8u0

xaduha3
1st Mar 2016, 11:30
SUPERHOT is something. Haven't played enough to say exactly what it is, but it's something.

First, let's get the obvious thing out of the way. SUPERHOT is the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

I think that it is a fun game, but I expect it to be more fun to people who are not that good at shooters. For a munchkin-type player this game is too easy, enemies are dumb, mechanics are exploitable (http://beehub.nl/home/xaduha/public/upload/vid/16-03-01-13-41-50_10_bunnyJump.mp4), even when playing without hot switching. But during a party where it's not too out of place to launch a game it could be a nice challenge. Think Duck Hunt (there are probably better examples now). It's more entertaining to watch when someone fails over and over again, than someone who aces everything after a 1st or 2nd try.

vallux
2nd Mar 2016, 13:23
8i4ldqM3mjg

Don't know about IO's business practices with an episodic Hitman, but their trailers are goooooood.

xaduha3
2nd Mar 2016, 14:39
BTW you have an option to encode and upload things to so called https://killstagram.com in SUPERHOT. This is my page (https://killstagram.com/u/MuddyDesertedSmittenRabbit), for example.

Shralla
7th Mar 2016, 02:25
Just got The Division for free! Gonna have to make some space on my hard drive for it before tomorrow night. Also, if you haven't looked recently, check out Humble Bundle. They're doing the Star Wars Bundle 2, and it's got some really great stuff in it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

vallux
7th Mar 2016, 07:55
Just got The Division for free! Gonna have to make some space on my hard drive for it before tomorrow night.

Got it pre-loaded myself. The beta was solid enough for me to preorder and I got it for relatively cheap on Gamesplanet (Ubisoft official retailer no less) at 40€. You excited? At that price it's gotta be worth a look at least.

xaduha3
7th Mar 2016, 14:35
Sad to admit, but it looks like I'm pre-ordering Overwatch to get early access, a date for which was leaked by IGN, May 3rd. Release is set to May 24th.

Shralla
7th Mar 2016, 23:25
Got it pre-loaded myself. The beta was solid enough for me to preorder and I got it for relatively cheap on Gamesplanet (Ubisoft official retailer no less) at 40€. You excited? At that price it's gotta be worth a look at least.

I enjoyed the beta, and was repeatedly tempted by a $40 sale I kept seeing, especially since I have friends who are also getting it. I'm not sure if I would have sprung for it at that price, but for free you can bet your ass I'll be playing!

Sad to admit, but it looks like I'm pre-ordering Overwatch to get early access, a date for which was leaked by IGN, May 3rd. Release is set to May 24th.

Did you at least play the beta first so you know whether you like it or not?

xaduha3
7th Mar 2016, 23:56
Did you at least play the beta first so you know whether you like it or not?

I haven't. It turns out pre-ordering is going to add just 2 additional days to Open Beta period (May 5–9 ordinary, May 3–9 with a pre-order), so the deal isn't that great.

I watched plenty of streams and played a ton of TF2. I know what I'm getting into as far as gameplay goes, though there might be some other issues.

Shralla
9th Mar 2016, 03:23
Yeah, if you played a lot of TF2 then this is probably your game. I have a friend who played TF2 competitively for years, naturally he has thousands of hours on the game, and he's super amped about Overwatch. He's a ridiculously picky gamer so it must have something special to sell him so hard. I'll try it during open beta and if I like it I'll probably get the $40 digital version, if only to play with friends.

On another note, now that No Man's Sky has a release date and a price point, I am SUPER HYPED for it! I have no concerns about it not meeting my expectations because unlike all the people who I keep saying "yeah but what do you do," I've known exactly what the game was going to be from the very first time I saw it. All I want to do is explore a galaxy both on foot and in space, and the game systems they've described sound perfect to support such an endeavor. I adore the art style, that 50s sci-fi novel cover aesthetic. I am hyped about the game for all of what it is, and nothing more, so I am not going to be disappointed.

Avenging_Teabag
9th Mar 2016, 07:14
Played the Division for 6 hours straight yesterday with friends, the game is 100% concentrated fun. What an awesome gift for the International Women's day. We barely scratched the surface and haven't even set our feet in the DZ yet. However, I'm tempted to ignore all the messages and party invites for a while and just go exploring. Look around. Feel it. See where the flow takes me.

Can't wait to finish work and play some more :)

vallux
9th Mar 2016, 10:19
Clocked some 7 hours in Division yesterday. It was good. Some technical issues, mostly on the server side, but that's not really surprising considering. The game runs good and it looks good, sometimes it's actually pretty atmospheric with heavy snowfall and fire lighting it up. Messed around in the DZ with some friends yesterday. It is an uneasy feeling knowing that anyone might try to kill you for your gear at any time.

Isumbarus
10th Mar 2016, 10:20
What I want to say is all this people waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 and it's gonna be huge disappointment if the game will be mainly in third person perspective . After all this years of waiting I will laugh on this. I wanted to write this on the forum Cd Project and warn them but I don't have account.

Avenging_Teabag
10th Mar 2016, 10:55
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3c/0a/ac/3c0aac353c75db51a3d10d208e0e67bc.jpg

SageSavage
10th Mar 2016, 11:14
What I want to say is all this people waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 and it's gonna be huge disappointment if the game will be mainly in third person perspective . After all this years of waiting I will laugh on this. I wanted to write this on the forum Cd Project and warn them but I don't have account.

Why don't you just register an account over there? I don't get it. In terms of the pespective, I would find first person much more appealing too but I guess they will stick to the general Witcher-framework. It proved to be successfull enough for them and I bleive it'll share the same engine, too. Still looking very much forward to the game, though!

xaduha3
11th Mar 2016, 03:23
https://gfycat.com/LonelyUntriedBluefish

Shralla
12th Mar 2016, 05:29

Which Team Fortress is this?

vallux
12th Mar 2016, 12:23
Hitman is feeling good. Many alternative ways to kill a person in the Paris level. The killing feels good. Sounding a little deranged but the characters react in satisfying ways. In Blood Money the dudes basically did a 720 flip when shot with the magnum ammo Silverballer. Now they just slump down and slide down the wall. That or wobble and fall down when a thrown hammer hits them in the face. Is good.

Oh and 47 looks *****in' walking down the catwalk

xaduha3
12th Mar 2016, 15:12
Let's play "Imagine you're an AI" game

http://imgur.com/a/K4RWn

Shralla
12th Mar 2016, 21:14
Which Team Fortress is this?

This is a serious question. :(

vallux
12th Mar 2016, 21:51
This is a serious question. :(

It's Overwatch?

MasterTaffer
13th Mar 2016, 17:21
Hitman is feeling good. Many alternative ways to kill a person in the Paris level. The killing feels good. Sounding a little deranged but the characters react in satisfying ways. In Blood Money the dudes basically did a 720 flip when shot with the magnum ammo Silverballer. Now they just slump down and slide down the wall. That or wobble and fall down when a thrown hammer hits them in the face. Is good.

Oh and 47 looks *****in' walking down the catwalk

Yeah, I've been satisfied thus far, as well. I haven't given myself as many opportunities to kill people to see their animation to rag doll transitions, but my first free kill I drowned someone in a toilet after poisoning them so it feels as grindhouse absurd as it always has. Just works better when you have classy locations combined with comical levels of brutality; the contrast works better.

vallux
13th Mar 2016, 17:49
Just works better when you have classy locations combined with comical levels of brutality; the contrast works better.

The NPC reactions are best. I stabbed Dalia in the kidneys with a pair of scissors and slid down a drainpipe to make my escape. People commenting something like "you absolute moron" that or "wow, that's so cool"

Shralla
13th Mar 2016, 22:30
It's Overwatch?

Thanks! I can't really tell anymore with all these team-based hero shooters coming out. Overwatch and Paragon are at the top of my list, but Battleborn is looking pretty solid as well. I have no idea about Battlecry or any of the others.