PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Practice mode and bots

blincoln
19th Nov 2013, 03:17
Is there any chance of introducing a game mode fighting against very basic bot opponents, or at least the ability to play in an arena by oneself with no opponents? I think this would be really handy for getting a feel for the controls and the abilities of each character.

Magicaltophat
19th Nov 2013, 03:20
I agree. Having a solo/bot practice arena could make it easier to familiarize yourself with new skills. Since both sides have a variety of different skills available via the shop, maybe make a wider selection available during solo practice matches? I know you can sort of "rent" skills and gear temporarily, but it might be a good idea to give people a place to play around with them.

19th Nov 2013, 07:05
I imagine it would be incredibly costly to develop AI for that this late in the process if they hadn't started work already, but AI would be fantastic fun, and an excellent way to try out new tactics. Maybe even a wave/horde mode with human player teammates? Would require toned down vampires of course, but AI enemies just opens so many doors for gameplay. Would give the game a fantastic edge in a market so focused on pvp.

lucinvampire
19th Nov 2013, 07:58
Good thought! :D glad I'm not the only one thinking it. I asked this quite a while ago and got the no answer, thought it would be a really good idea rather than throwing people in the deep end... Even if it was a blank expanse would give some possibilities :D

EDIT: woooohhhhhh hold on a minute I just noticed the user name... Blinc when did you arrive? We have at least three of the gang now! Yay :D

Psyonix_Corey
19th Nov 2013, 08:33
We would love to do this but as Mister_Duke says, AI is very time consuming to do well. We do have some work completed in that vein, but releasing it to the public is another matter.

I'd love to have an AI driven sandbox or Tutorial mode as a base and being able to play a team game vs. AI (much like MOBAs like LoL or DOTA) would be perfect for easing players into the game. It's just buried under an avalanche of higher priority features for us right now (more game modes, next 2 classes, etc.)

Lomonop
20th Nov 2013, 16:31
next 2 classes
Is that 2 per race, or 2 in total?

Crusader_bin
20th Nov 2013, 20:35
More likely 2 classes in total :)

As for the bots :
I expected such answer from the Devs. :)

I mentioned it before on other topic, making a simple AI for Unreal game is actually very easy.
Making an AI that actually walks properly AND uses the skills properly... Different thing altogether :)

But I think just an empty map would be enough to some. Or borderline stupid and barely active AI would satisfy even more players.

Than again, the ammount of hate for the "horrible" AI is most likely stopping devs from releasing such a feature :) If you want to do something, than do it right, eh?

cidervampire
21st Nov 2013, 22:13
I would certainly appreciate an empty map with maybe even a stationary enemy so you can practice attacks etc. I understand that developing AI would be time consuming but I would guess an empty map and an opponent who doesn't move would be fairly easy to add
It would make me happy just to be able to wander about looking at the scenery

Geoff

blincoln
22nd Nov 2013, 02:31
I agree with cidervampire - I'd be perfectly happy with unmoving targets (maybe brainless enemies that explode with one hit, like tannerite targets at a shooting range :)), or even no targets at all. There are a lot of elements of the game that are all about timing (like when exactly to press the space bar after jumping off a ledge to fly), or getting a feel for how a particular action behaves (where a Reaver will land given a particular reticle position when pouncing, how long an arrow takes to reach a given distance, etc.). I feel a little guilty for making other people put up with my lack of skills while I get up to speed.

wolfcraft
23rd Nov 2013, 12:06
What he said ^ :)

This has been my first week, and I've struggled to get to grips with the controls in the live environment (especially when playing in the death match arena). I've made some progress, though.

The introduction the n00b arena was such a relief mid way through the week, but I seem to be waiting an age for other players sometimes so I end up 'playing with the big boys'. I get slaughtered more often, but at least it's game time ;)

hirukaru
23rd Nov 2013, 19:12
What he said ^ :)

This has been my first week, and I've struggled to get to grips with the controls in the live environment (especially when playing in the death match arena). I've made some progress, though.

The introduction the n00b arena was such a relief mid way through the week, but I seem to be waiting an age for other players sometimes so I end up 'playing with the big boys'. I get slaughtered more often, but at least it's game time ;)

This is the way we all learned, getting killed by more advance players.

Best way to learn.
1. check out the key bindings.
2. go in game test everything out
3. change keybindings to your likings.
4. test it out again.
5. go in a game and try to fight for real.
6. do it again and again
7. go back to step 5.

Syst3mzero
24th Nov 2013, 00:12
I would certainly appreciate an empty map with maybe even a stationary enemy so you can practice attacks etc. I understand that developing AI would be time consuming but I would guess an empty map and an opponent who doesn't move would be fairly easy to add
It would make me happy just to be able to wander about looking at the scenery

Geoff

Totally agree, a empty map of randomly spawning stationary dummies would be great, especially if you had access to all skills including skills you had not purchased to give you a chance to try them. it would give you a chance to learn targeting for things like Sentinel.

RainaAudron
24th Nov 2013, 12:01
Yeah, I agree with this request as well. TF2 has this kind of a tutorial with unmoving targets (or having targets on rails), that would help people customize their controls and getting use to them before actually engaging in a live match.

lucinvampire
24th Nov 2013, 19:55
I agree with cidervampire - I'd be perfectly happy with unmoving targets (maybe brainless enemies that explode with one hit, like tannerite targets at a shooting range :)), or even no targets at all.

This wow - this is an awesome idea - Nosgoth shooting range...x amount of targets that just do nothing (if they don't have time/resources to program them - just spawned targets) then you can get used to the aim, controls, flying and all that jazz! :thumb:

Absnerdity
26th Nov 2013, 18:56
This game would benefit greatly from ANY kind of tutorial or target range. Anything that would let you get used to the classes before having to face off against people that are already adept at the game.

I spent more time dead than alive. Hardly had time to try anything out. It's not really fair to my teammates either, having dead weight on their team.

Oroibahazopi
28th Nov 2013, 01:25
Tribes Ascend had what was basically a shooting range where you could test weapons and perks before buying them. No real AI just stationary and predetermined path bots walking in circles, one of each "class". Would be very much appreciated.

VashtheUberNinja
28th Nov 2013, 02:03
The only class that really needs a target for getting the feel is the Sentinel, I every game ive played as a Sentinel i have had people asking me how i manage to land the kidnap, and it is one of those things that take timing and alot of practice. I have still yet to perfect it myself.

Guyliner
28th Nov 2013, 07:03
I've only recently been invited to this game and I'm already in love with it. Only problem is there are only short intervals at which you can play. It would be great if they added some form of bot mode that you can practice against during the server downtime. Is this planned already? I'm not sure since I haven't been part of the community that long.

How would you guys feel about another mode that could be played while the server is down?

Varulven
28th Nov 2013, 09:13
+1!
It would be great if there was an offline practicing mode :D

lordbane2110
28th Nov 2013, 11:16
+1
I also feel an offline mode would be beneficial

JanusDominus
29th Nov 2013, 20:38
Yeah, that would be nice. Would help newbies to get the hang of the game better.

Syst3mzero
30th Nov 2013, 02:45
The masses have spoken!

lolfactor1000
3rd Dec 2013, 05:33
Will there be a practice arena or possible AI in later stages of the game? It would be nice to be able to play the game a bit and get the hang of the controls before jumping into the fire.

Psyonix_Corey
3rd Dec 2013, 09:26
Yes.

hirukaru
3rd Dec 2013, 11:36
Dear Lolfactor1000,

Please use the search button.
This question has been answered multiple times. (It is also stated in the Closed Alpha FAQ)

Thanks in advance.

Strike5150
3rd Dec 2013, 13:50
Haha yes that would be cool for the new players. We already have a running gag about the walking Sentinal. Whenever you see a Sentinal WALK around the corner everyone is already giggeling and when he starts flailing about it becomes roaring laghter.

lucinvampire
3rd Dec 2013, 15:36
I'm glad there is finally a YES answer to this one :D

...Strike - we all have to start somewhere and it does take a while to get used to the game/classes - though I do expect walking Sentinel to have a top hat and a cane and to start dancing randomly...he should do that as an ability because it'd be funny :D

I wanted to practice Sentinel (haven't played him seriously - ok I never play seriously as some people know)...but I've been booted from the noob section now - so no doubt you'll be laughing at me tonight!!

Strike5150
3rd Dec 2013, 16:17
hehe its ok it was meant in the kindest way possible. Its amusing, we are not making fun of anyone. Afterall we all started the same way :)

Korkrag
25th Apr 2014, 18:28
File it all under Miscellaneous! I was unsure if this idea had been brought up before, but here I go to bring it up now!

I myself would enjoy the game plenty, but I am just not a big fan of PVP. If there was an option to play against bots I'm sure I'd play it constantly!

However I'm pretty sure people will disagree with me I do hope this idea will be at least prodded with a skewer.

Here's Hoping.

Korkrag.

Deltajugg
25th Apr 2014, 18:48
This game is PvP oriented, so I doubt the experience fighting with bots would be as interesting.
At the same time threads were made about making some kind of solo play practice mode to test your abilities and provide any kind of gameplay aside from playing with other people. But that would be more of fighting dummies to improve your skills, you'd probably get bored quickly if you stop only at that.

Korkrag
25th Apr 2014, 19:17
Depends really, Some people find single player more interesting than PvP, Myself included. League of Legends (Which I must state now I don't play, Do not, never will, just don't!) has a mode in which you can fight bots, but it's a PvP oriented. So I believe that a Fight bots option might work quite well with this game. But who can tell. I suppose only time. And Time travellers... And there are Time Travellers in LoK... So we need to find them!

Saruwatari
25th Apr 2014, 20:49
Don't think this will happen anytime soon.
Population is much too low to support another queue with bots.
It's why you have to wait ages to find a Siege game if you can find any.
Would be the same with bot queue, or if there were enough people it would hurt the normal queue.

Not saying it won't happen, but don't expect it in closed beta, maybe not even during open.

Korkrag
25th Apr 2014, 21:31
I don't expect it soon, but I still thought I'd suggest. The game is still young of course! Thank you for the replies though! That's really all I wanted. For someone to at least read my idea! Even if it wasn't an overly original idea.

Saruwatari
25th Apr 2014, 21:36
Well, it's closed beta.
If you have ideas, sure post it :)
Might be possible in the future ;)

bobthebobban
8th Aug 2014, 16:40
I have two suggestion for new modes: Nr. 1 co-op vs. bots mode where you and your team fight against bots. quite simple. Nr 2. practice mode where you alone gets to try a vampire or a human even those you haven't bought against a bot that doesn't harm you. in that mode you can try abailities so that when you've bought a new class you don't go onto the battlefield like a noob

Varulven
8th Aug 2014, 16:46
For the practise mode: There is a tutorial. Now it includes only Hunter and Reaver, but the other guys and gals will follow.

Bots: They won't do that atm. They are able to create bots apparently, as you can see in the Tutorial. But it requires much more to create bots who act and react in an intelligent way.

I totally hope they will do a small story mode, where you can do quests and such thingies. ;)

Floipd
9th Aug 2014, 16:01
Playing this game I was excited hitting level 5 and being able to purchase a new class. I decided to go for a Sentinel as I saw how he was played in some interesting vids out there on the internetz, but I soon realised that it wasn´t as simple as it looked.
At that moment it struck me that the tutorial had not expanded on these other classes, and for the next games I had a hard time keeping my head cool when I was again annihilated trying to get used to the class. :(

I soon thought back to a few games I played that had the possibility of opening a recreational/training room. Most prominently 'World of Tanks' came to mind.
It's actually quite simple really. Just like that game, Nosgoth could benefit from the option to select 'Training' as game type and look through a list of lobbies. The lobby is controled and watched by the host or creator of that training room. He can choose the map, set other details such as a longer/shorter or no time-limit for the practice and remove players when they are queued up or not abiding by the purpose the training room was created for.
All that's left is to do what you came there for; improve teamwork, explore maps for interesting potions and hideouts, improve gameplay of a certain class in certain situations etc.

This would surely help players that want to try a new class but get too much owned in regular games to properly do so, and could add to the fun-factor of the game by just making shenanigans possible separatly from people who might not enjoy a staging of Hamlet by reavers.

--------------------------------------------------------

So in short:

Training as a game type to access special rooms
Rooms created for specific purposes (possibly with a description of it)
The ability to look through a list of these rooms or create one yourself
These rooms and the players allowed in controlled by the creator/host
Maps and things like time-limits can be changed by the creator/host

--------------------------------------------------------
Like to see this as well? Leave a comment with your support and/or pherhaps your own ideas and improvements upon this concept. :wave:

-Floipd

OnlyLogic
9th Aug 2014, 16:03
Er.... Insert game-is-in-beta-this-will-probably-exist-when-dedicated-servers-do rant here.

Razaiim
9th Aug 2014, 16:05
Hey the current tutorial is incomplete, and we're not sure how far psyonix is going to take it, but once its finished I think the goal is to explain the basics of every class, with the option to practice skills.

Necro71
9th Aug 2014, 20:55
Agreed. There should be possibility to play on all maps without timer whenever you like, people need to have chance to lern more about game phisix instead of jumping right to combat. There should be also training ground with dummies where you could check damage and stuff.

Floipd
11th Aug 2014, 15:08
Er.... Insert game-is-in-beta-this-will-probably-exist-when-dedicated-servers-do rant here.
The possibility that the devs themselves MIGHT add such a thing later on doesn't excuse us beta-testers from not suggesting it to them in case they haven't thought of it. ;)

Hey the current tutorial is incomplete, and we're not sure how far psyonix is going to take it, but once its finished I think the goal is to explain the basics of every class, with the option to practice skills.
But a tutorial is a simple run-through explanation. With training rooms I mean what I said in the OP: the ability to fully test and explore all kinds of things about your class or a certain map, including stuff that is too specific or funnily coincidental to appear in the tutorial.
Also a tutorial isn't really capable of hosting multiplayer shenanigans now is it? :)

Agreed. There should be possibility to play on all maps without timer whenever you like, people need to have chance to lern more about game phisix instead of jumping right to combat. There should be also training ground with dummies where you could check damage and stuff.
You understand it! :D
Also those dummies would be a nice thing, though it would be hard to place them in existing maps just for training purposes I'm afraid. Maybe a separate kind of map specifically for something like that?
However the stats in the armory I myself found pretty self-explanatory.

Prime_Abstergo
11th Aug 2014, 16:38
I say the real combat is the best training you can get! Bloody, intense, dynamic "danse macabre" with ever-changing conditions.

Dont even mention stats, mkay? Nobody cares about stats :rolleyes:

Thus I'd suggest to put team efforts on making another map/weapon/skill then waste 'em on useless practice mod. Game is not about bots anyway.

Blind_Luck
14th Aug 2014, 09:29
It would be nice if they added a tab that allowed a player to enter a map populated with practice dummies. This way new players, or veterans acquiring new skills can learn how their skills work without having to cause their team a loss because they can't figure out how to use a skill.

ares91000
17th Aug 2014, 10:14
Hi i was just wondering if there could possibly be an offline bot/practice mode because i am living in Australia and as most people know our internet is horrid and i cant play without over 500 ping. Thz it would be great if someone replied

EvilSqueegee
20th Aug 2014, 05:08
There needs to be some kind of solo Practice Mode where you (or your party) are the only ones doing anything. I think it would be a great place to get the awful first few learning experiences out of your system.

For example: I, myself, blow ass at Vampries. I cannot seem to land melee attacks; I'm constantly misjudging aim and range. This is entirely on me being a baddy, but I feel as though this is the kind of basic **** I should have a grasp on -- even just a basic one -- before I throw myself into the actual matchmaking and dragging my team back. Yes, there's New Recruit mode, but once you're level 10 that's unavailable (for good reason) and suddenly I feel like I'm a detriment rather than a participant to the matches I'm in.

A place to **** around and learn pounce aiming, melee attack placement, and the like without the pressure of being in the middle of an actual match would be fantastic.

In a somewhat related note: Unless you take the Runestone route, you're guarenteed to have 2 classes left to unlock by the time you escape New Recruit mode. Hell, you're only going to unlock ONE new class in New Recruit mode, as level 10 pops you out with your 2nd unlock.

This effectively means that you're forced to play a new class for the first time against people who are experienced and so forth. New Recruit Mode should be available to anyone and everyone, but restricted to classes that are under level 6... or something of that sort.

As it stands, I just wait for a match my team is losing horribly at and **** around with a new class then, instead of actually playing the game, because it cuts down on frustration and I never want to blow my shot at a winning game by trying out something I know will hold the team back.

Butthook
20th Aug 2014, 06:30
I agree, Its difficult learning to aim the tyrant leap when ive been playing sentenal and reaver for so long.

Garr0t
20th Aug 2014, 15:53
Third this notion.

I'm surprised this isn't already in the game when you have player classes that are level gated. Each time a player hits a level threshold, you are inadvertently introducing a newb to the game again, as that player tries to learn the nuances of that class.
Sure, an experienced player won't have quite the learning threshold, but given that this is a skill shot game that relies on timing and understanding skill behaviour and range, I believe it's an unreasonable expectation for us to have to try to learn a new class 'on the fly', negatively affecting our teamplay and team members.

Raziel220
16th Sep 2014, 12:57
Hello!

Well, I was thinking a little bit, and may some people don't like the idea, but it could be good to have something like a "Practice mode", in which you're alone against some bots, that way you can try new combinations of weapons/perks/abilities, or new fighting strategies, etc... everything customizable by the player (time, enemies, scenario, etc...), similar to those mini-scenarios you had in the tutorial to learn to fight...

And then, I just thought it would be also great to be able of playing a match vs. bots; in which you enter in a lobby, wait for other 3 players, and the match starts... It would be easier (most of times), great for practice, and of course, the won things like experience, gold, etc., would be drastically nerf... You could also have the classical difficulty selector (easy/normal/hard), to win a little bit more of gold and exp., and keep improving your abilities against bots.

Now, I also thought that this matches against bots could have some kind of option to play in the "traditional" way, and other option in which you can customize and lock (if you want) the match to play only with your friends, allowing you to decide how much time you want to play, in which faction (only vampire/only human/both), etc... of course, with even less experience and gold, depending in what options you'll choose...

Finally, my last suggestion: custom matches.
Traditional team deadmatch or siege, but with the possibility to choose the scenario, or a sequence of scenarios, in order to create a custom competition with your friends, and with an option to lock the lobby. Regular exp. and gold, or a little bit less, but not much (because you're playing against people without any extra modifications)... Well, the time could be also customizable... or maybe not! xD... but in case of allow you to customize it, it could give even less exp./gold to compensate that it's not a traditional match...

However, these are only a couple of suggestions that I thought, I know it's something very big to do, but it won't change the game's dynamic at all, I thought this gamemodes only to introduce some kind of practice matches and customizable matches, looking to explode the game possibilities even more.

Hope you like, and even if you don't, comments will be more than welcome! :P

(mini-note)
If someone has troubles trying to understand something of what I wrote here, please, tell me (with patience), probably it's because I committed some syntax or grammar error, and I will try to explain it better, using other words (english is not my mother tongue, sorry... but, if you want to help correcting some expression/word/syntax/grammar, etc. misused, I'm always happy to learn from my mistakes! n.n)...

Ok, that's all folks! :)
Have a nice day! n.n

Vampmaster
16th Sep 2014, 13:10
Bots shouldn't only be used for practice though. It could be a lot of fun to have 4 players vs waves of AI and a couple of mini-boss type enemies.

Before any devs say they only do multiplayer, this would still count because anything more than one player counts as multiple players. It could have a tiny bit of story represented visually, even if it's just a the absolute minimum to show that something relevant happened.

Raziel220
16th Sep 2014, 13:31
Bots shouldn't only be used for practice though. It could be a lot of fun to have 4 players vs waves of AI and a couple of mini-boss type enemies.

Before any devs say they only do multiplayer, this would still count because anything more than one player counts as multiple players. It could have a tiny bit of story represented visually, even if it's just a the absolute minimum to show that something relevant happened.

Yes, I'm totally agree with you! :P

A practice game-mode in which you're the only one against one bot (or more bots), perfect to practice your strategies, and another game-mode in which you play a regular team deadmatch, but against bots (4 players vs. 4 bots). (Still, this would be only like a "practice", compared to the things that can expect you in the real team deadmatch PVP; at least, I have that feeling since I played LoL; bots are always far easier than humans, that's why I called a "practice" to that too)

I'm glad you'd like the idea, and I really like how it sounds what you said about the mini-bosses! :) something like a Moebius' or Elustra's descendents, or whoever is ruling the Clans right now xD or an overpowered monk or elite vampire... it could be very interesting :P almost like a mini-dungeon... well, that's too much to ask, I think xD but still, it could be extremely cool! :D

An extra idea: the different vampire's and human's skins could reflect the difficulty of the bot you're playing with :P

DirtyDSlater
16th Sep 2014, 15:05
I like this idea if only to flesh out the tutorial. Give newer players a little trigger time before jumping right in.

Maybe even a co-op bot mode so that teams could work on strategies and tactics beforehand. Maybe allow all equipment, classes, and perks to be unlocked ONLY for practice mode to give players an idea of what to work towards. Like a try before you buy.

Raziel220
16th Sep 2014, 17:01
I like this idea if only to flesh out the tutorial. Give newer players a little trigger time before jumping right in.

Maybe even a co-op bot mode so that teams could work on strategies and tactics beforehand. Maybe allow all equipment, classes, and perks to be unlocked ONLY for practice mode to give players an idea of what to work towards. Like a try before you buy.

Eventhough I like that idea, we must still be realistic in something:
1-Equipment and perks are not extremely expensive, you can buy the item for 7 days at 150-250 gold, then, if you like it really much and you think it's usuable, you can buy it permanently for 1500-2000, more or less :P
2-You can unlock a class each 5 levels; it would be great to be able of prove them to make the best desition! But it could also ruin that "magic" of discovering what powers or abilities has the new class you just buyed, and since you can play it any time you want in practice mode, the excitement for your new adquisition, or the wish of keep playing and leveling to adquire the class, (or perk, weapon, abilitie, etc) will be much more lower too! :/

However, playing against bots it would be still a GREAT form of learning how to play with each class you unlock, or new items that you buy! :)

Well, at least, that's my point of view! xD
However, I'm glad you'd like the idea! n.n

Aanarki
19th Sep 2014, 11:25
I actually came onto this forum to suggest a similar thing. My idea was just a map as an extension possibly to the tutorial where you could roam about and just get used to each of the classes and their skills and movement a bit more in depth. I don't like the current tutorial at all. It doesn't really go through each of the classes as you unlock them in any depth, or their skills, movements and abilities.

For instance, I've just unlocked a Sentinel and Air Strike and I'm having to practice in the matches and I'm doing terrible. What I'd like it just a mode where I can fly around for a bit and throw the grenades about without any pressure to see how they work in conjunction with side stepping or leaping off buildings, without having to do it in a corner of the map to the detriment of my team. The current tutorial is just not adequate. A little strip of air which you can just fly up and down is awful.

Similarly I haven't played the Alchemist at all since a few goes when I first started playing, and I'm not likely to ever try her again, despite seeing how devastating she can be, simply because I have found them completely unnatural and have died a lot, as I have to learn how to use the Alchemist in matches. I find this totally frustrating. Learning a class with abilities I find totally new which causes me to die all the time and my team to lose is not something I'm willing or want to go through, despite seeing how good she can be. Especially when I can pick up a Hunter and do well right off the bat.

To compound this, even if players are willing to try something new, by the time a second class is unlocked players are very close to leaving the New Player matches, and enter into much more competitive territory which is even more punishing of simple mistakes, let alone basic ones of "how do I land a hit with this thing?".

The current design of this game and it's modes then is locking away content which the game should actually be encouraging players to try. There are areas of this game which are arguably novel and fun, once you learn them, which some players will not try as they are frustrating to learn. In addition, once they feel they have got a hang of this game, they will be out of the New Players league into matches which are even more punishing of inexperience, let alone basic knowledge of how a class works. It's a major frustrating fault of this game which will scare players and $$$ away.

Raziel220
19th Sep 2014, 12:52
I actually came onto this forum to suggest a similar thing. My idea was just a map as an extension possibly to the tutorial where you could roam about and just get used to each of the classes and their skills and movement a bit more in depth. I don't like the current tutorial at all. It doesn't really go through each of the classes as you unlock them in any depth, or their skills, movements and abilities.

For instance, I've just unlocked a Sentinel and Air Strike and I'm having to practice in the matches and I'm doing terrible. What I'd like it just a mode where I can fly around for a bit and throw the grenades about without any pressure to see how they work in conjunction with side stepping or leaping off buildings, without having to do it in a corner of the map to the detriment of my team. The current tutorial is just not adequate. A little strip of air which you can just fly up and down is awful.

Similarly I haven't played the Alchemist at all since a few goes when I first started playing, and I'm not likely to ever try her again, despite seeing how devastating she can be, simply because I have found them completely unnatural and have died a lot, as I have to learn how to use the Alchemist in matches. I find this totally frustrating. Learning a class with abilities I find totally new which causes me to die all the time and my team to lose is not something I'm willing or want to go through, despite seeing how good she can be. Especially when I can pick up a Hunter and do well right off the bat.

To compound this, even if players are willing to try something new, by the time a second class is unlocked players are very close to leaving the New Player matches, and enter into much more competitive territory which is even more punishing of simple mistakes, let alone basic ones of "how do I land a hit with this thing?"...

I can see your point, actually, I have similar troubles but with the Tyrant; I only played him twice because a big guys it's just not my style (however, I would like to practice more with him, but definitely not in matches)... But, the REAL problem for me is the Scout; he was the last class I unlocked, and until now, I think I only played him twice (maybe 3 o 4 times)... I wasn't able to handle it very well, specially with the zoom-thing (for example: vampires just jump next to me, I'm not able to see them, pum! they hit me, the super-arrow went off, and I'd lost a lot of life...) I think I could learn how to handle it, but I need a much more practice-friendly scenario! :/ I don't want to be a deadweight to my team, and that's why I always play the same classes xD (Deceiver, Sentinel, or Hunter... and a few times, Alchemist, but very few times...)

Your idea is very interesting too! :) And let me tell you, when I bought the Sentinel, it took me a while to get used to it (finally, I did... well, more or less, because I'm not pro at all! xD) and like 10 matches or more... I didn't know how to hijack or how to fly properly well (or how to take the most advantage to the fall-damage when hijacking people), I needed to practice it and think strategies in order to handle him a little bit better, and it would have been cool to have some kind of special scenario or gamemode, without time limit, maybe with some kind of practice-dummys (in order to prove hijack, bombs and other powers...) to practice all these things...

Redthrist
19th Sep 2014, 13:39
I would actually like an ability to create a server to play alone with some tools, like no cooldowns on skills. This will be good for learning how to use some tricky skills, like Tyrant's Jump attack. It could also be useful for testing purposes. It's annoying that when you come accross some bug, you can't really test it and find how to reproduce it.

Altium
30th Jan 2015, 11:51
So, I was thinking. This game benefits those who practice, and looking for a match for testing a build, or checking things

like fps seem a bit of an effort. What if there was a mode with AI humans, or vampires for you to meddle with settings,

builds, or even just train? Or even for people like me who just want to check how well the game runs? While I'm not a
developer, it could be just a stripped down version of the normal matches, and the AI's wouldn't even need to move, or attack. If our internet is down, we could use it as just a way to play around offline, or fly/roam! While not the best

idea, and I'm sure there are some higher priorities I'm sure some people will find even more ways to make out of a mode like that. :D

Altium
30th Jan 2015, 11:52
We could even use it as a way of previewing a weapon/skill/skin before buying it!