PDA

View Full Version : Sentinel: Any way to control fight speed?

2old2play007
8th Aug 2014, 15:40
Two days in, and I am finding the Sentinel vampire the most difficult character to play for the following reason:

He flies too fast to make any tactical decisions above a cluttered landscape with constantly moving prey. Flying fast above a football field with a stationary target to swoop down upon, no problem! If there is a way to control flight speed and/or hover, please enlighten me. If there isn't, this is sorely needed. As It is now, all I do is bump into stationary objects when attempting to get low enough to do a kidnapping. :mad2:

Sanguise23
8th Aug 2014, 15:44
just takes some practice once you've played a little more its like 2nd nature, try watching a video or two and it will help

Razaiim
8th Aug 2014, 22:52
Flying at an upward angle will reduce your speed, as well as landing on a building and taking off, or using geometry as it seems you already do.

Mythrandor
9th Aug 2014, 00:10
Yea once you get used to the Sentinal they are pretty deadly... unless the other team is stacked with hunters.... that seams to be my downfall and cause me to switch it up

2old2play007
9th Aug 2014, 00:38
Yeah, I am finally getting the hang of him. I've found that flying very low through doorways/into rooms & back out is pretty forgiving and one can still maintain flight as long as he remains horizontal and avoids contact with the ground.

I am really enjoying the kidnap power, but unless my victims have already suffered damage, the drop doesn't kill them. I tried the abduction upgrade and pretty much get the same results because it releases quicker and I cannot get the same fall height.

Has anyone experiment with Echo Location or Air Strike?

Razaiim
9th Aug 2014, 00:44
Yeah, I am finally getting the hang of him. I've found that flying very low through doorways/into rooms & back out is pretty forgiving and one can still maintain flight as long as he remains horizontal and avoids contact with the ground.

I am really enjoying the kidnap power, but unless my victims have already suffered damage, the drop doesn't kill them. I tried the abduction upgrade and pretty much get the same results because it releases quicker and I cannot get the same fall height.

Has anyone experiment with Echo Location or Air Strike?

Air strike is powerful once you learn to aim it, you have to be really good with kidnaps for echo to work though

vyechney
17th Aug 2014, 13:09
Kidnap can do more damage than Abduct under ideal conditions, but Abduct gives you more reliable damage. I prefer Abduct.

Swoop in, drop him away from his teammates, then mash E to Dive Bomb immediately. He'll get up and start sprinting back toward his teammates almost every time, just aim the dive and land right on top of him. If that doesn't kill him, melee him once!

I just picked up Take Off, and it's my new favorite way to play. I tend to start off a roof top and drop down on top of them, nail a Wing Flap to disable the team, get a melee hit, maybe 2 if I'm lucky, then Take Off into the sky. The best time to do this is when the humans are already fighting teammates. You can often get double/triple kills with this! Don't forget that if you Wing Flap players off a ledge, they'll take fall damage, too!

After the Take Off, simply swoop back down immediately and grab a survivor for a guaranteed kill.

Moobear3
17th Aug 2014, 13:24
I'm a pretty big sentinel player myself and haven't found this a problem. Fly at a level where you a comfortable (altitude, speed) for a bit until you spot the humans, if you wanna swoop dive from an angle they wouldn't expect (NEVER HEAD ON) and grab them.

PhDGreg
17th Aug 2014, 16:36
A freelook option would be handy, to look down without flying at the ground... Would make sense seeing as that's where his head is facing and all. Regardless, it's mostly fine once you get used to it.

Other tips for flying about:
* Stay low while scouting / closing distance
* Don't fly predictably - if you fly behind a building while under fire, emerging from the other side will tend to get you shot down. Double back, change altitude... anything.
* If possible (typically while enemies engaged in melee), get nice and high for your abduct/kidnap - the sharp angle makes it harder to notice/hit you, the diving speed makes it harder to dodge you, and I *think* that you can then get more height (and hence fall damage) when you pull up from a dive...

Love playing Sentinel, but he really does depend on the rest of your team keeping people focused on the ground.