PDA

View Full Version : More communication from the developers. PLEASE

Cody_The_Wiser
1st May 2015, 16:26
These state of plays are too few and far between. I'd like to seem them like every week or two. I'd also appreciate it if your patch notes didn't leave out important information (nerfs to infect and tyrant jump being two superb examples). The devs are rarely seen in the forums. Seeing one on a forum is like seeing the Sarafan lord caressing Kain's bottom. In more simplistic terms, it doesn't happen. Surely someone isn't so busy as to not go through the forums and communicate with the community. What does that "SaikoCat" person do? They are the one who posts the patch notes and state of plays, are they not? Why not have them interact with the community a bit more. Let forum posters know that their idea has been noted or is something that they might consider discussing internally. It'd be nice if we knew you guys actually went in here and were taking our superb ideas into account. Hell, I'd even be content with a quick reply saying nothing but "Noted". Streams are also another very rare occurrence. I would like to see more of those. They could serve as Q&A sessions. Please engage with the community more so than you have been. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the community is probably the best thing a developer can rely on. Dozens and dozens of brains coming together to try and improve the game they love, FOR FREE. You'd have to be a silly **** not to take advantage of such a invaluable resource.

I find it very funny that this is the post that gets zero responses.

I made another post requesting that the developers be more interactive with their community but it has fallen into the obscurity and will likely not be seen by anyone of importance. Once again, Psyonix, you NEED to interact with your fanbase more. The deceiver's infect ability has been nerfed and no one outside of Psyoniz knows if this was unintentional or not. No one even **** requested it if it was intentional. There were no complaints. There were no pleas to fix the end all ability known as "infect". And yet, you still **** nerfed it. What about the tyrant's jump? Still no mention of that odd nerf. You stand to gain everything by communicating with your community more and you also stand to lose it all for a lack of interaction. This is essentially my officially stating that I will no longer be spending money on Nosgoth until the community receives more attention.

ParadoxicalOmen
6th May 2015, 01:57
I personally think they interact quite a lot...we get monthly "states of play" which covers like 3-4 months at a time.
The patches usually state every change that the game has gone through.

Honestly i don't think there should be any complaint from us...from what i've experienced, they have been one of the best developers.
I really feel they harvest the best ideas they find in the forums. I see many suggestions from the forums being implemented in the game. I feel most of you are being unfair saying they aren't being communicative, as if they don't interact with us fans...

I do wish they'd make more streams or youtube videos though...not because there is any lacking information, but because i enjoy it.
I mean just look at this: http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/c/5027673?t=6h40m04s
:lol:
Gotta love them

GenFeelGood
6th May 2015, 02:26
I agree with ParadoxicalOmen, you're not gonna get a response to every single comment or question you make; but its usually a safe bet to assume it will be seen by someone involved in development and then probably shared among the others. The amount of changes they've made in response to player feedback has been above and beyond what you would normally ever expect (most recent being the long desired name change of Echolation at the request of us LOK fanboys, the most notable changes being the name change from Shield Bearer to Vanguard and changing up his skins to allow customization with his shield in just the short time between the class' reveal & release).

Ygdrasel
6th May 2015, 04:44
It can definitely seem futile when there is no clear indication that your ideas or concerns are being accounted for...But it's also a little petty to demand they make some sort of notifications when they read your stuff or respond to it more often.

The recent Echolocation change shows that they keep tabs on what we want.
That's enough, though it may often seem like too little without being continuously reassured that they're reading.

Izumi_Shinichi
6th May 2015, 17:30
It can definitely seem futile when there is no clear indication that your ideas or concerns are being accounted for...But it's also a little petty to demand they make some sort of notifications when they read your stuff or respond to it more often.

The recent Echolocation change shows that they keep tabs on what we want.
That's enough, though it may often seem like too little without being continuously reassured that they're reading.

This is exactly why I want to see them making posts more. It really can feel like a hopeless cause when you post your ideas on the forums. Although your phrasing has given me an idea. There could be a notification system. Similar to G+. Someone looks at your thread, you get a notification. If someone who is worth a damn (anyone of the developers) looks at your thread then you'll receive a variation of the notification that is used to notify you about someone viewing your thread. Although, most of the developers I've seen have the Psyonix logo so it's pretty easy to identify them. May be unnecessary to have a variation of the default notification. And I wouldn't call this petty. It's called for. The Tyrant jump & Deceiver infect have both been nerfed. No one asked for this. No one knows why it happened or if it was even intentional. None of the developers have said anything about them. Not a single peep. That's absurd. Especially when so many people are confused and angered by it. And the state of plays are pretty dull. This state of play had some screenshots of the upcoming crafting system and ranked mode. Two things we knew were coming. The one knew thing we heard about were skins. We don't know if they are behind a paywall or not. Even if they aren't, what do they REALLY add to the game? Nothing outside of cosmetic variation. I believe the state of plays should occur like twice a week and they should stream A LOT more frequently. There has to be a few people willing to answer some questions from the community live.

Ygdrasel
6th May 2015, 18:58
The Tyrant jump & Deceiver infect have both been nerfed. No one asked for this. No one knows why it happened or if it was even intentional. None of the developers have said anything about them. Not a single peep.

Not a single peep? No one knows? Nobody's said anything? Check again.

State of Plays could be more than monthly but twice a week seems excessive. You think they'll have news to report that often? Twice a month, maybe. And stream time is time not spent making the game so they shouldn't be that frequent anyway. Streams should be reserved for new map additions.

Chulo86
6th May 2015, 19:12
Streams should be reserved for new map additions.

I 100% agree :D
also as it's been said by others, I would rather have monthly updates because with that at least they can fit in 25 new additions monthly vs 1 or 3 weakly.

KaininitePriestess
7th May 2015, 03:19
Honestly, I've said it once and I'll keep saying it, developing things takes a long time. The reason they don't respond to everything and the reason they do monthly SOTG posts is because there's so much that goes into it that they may not have any answers on how something is coming along from one week to the next that would be adequate. Also, do we really want to require that the devs take time out of their 8-hour days to go onto the forums for a handful of those hours just so they can respond to threads? No! We want them working on the game! And then when something is close to being done, enough that they feel comfortable showing it to us, let them. But we aren't the ones who can judge when something is close enough to being done to show off. They have people who take the recommendations here and send them where they need to go, and we have some of the people on the dev team who can sometimes come on and post with us, and that's good enough for me.

There's just a ton of stuff that they've got to work on and I can assure you that they're not just spending those 8 hours (or probably 10-12, knowing how game devs work. I have friends who do it.) sitting around sipping coffee in the break room and goofing off. They're spending every hour they need to in front of computers, grinding away at code and art and whatever it is you use to modify the Unreal Engine into what you want it to be. Probably drinking Monster and Red Bull and using the caffeine jitters to help them plug away at 3 more hours of development before they're ready to go home for the evening.

Izumi_Shinichi
7th May 2015, 16:35
Not a single peep? No one knows? Nobody's said anything? Check again.

State of Plays could be more than monthly but twice a week seems excessive. You think they'll have news to report that often? Twice a month, maybe. And stream time is time not spent making the game so they shouldn't be that frequent anyway. Streams should be reserved for new map additions.

Nobody important said anything. Not one developer has addressed the problem. We still don't know if it's intentional or not.

ParadoxicalOmen
8th May 2015, 01:51
We just got April state of play last week...you guys are acting like crazy people.
Do you really think they are miracle workers that can do everything instantly?

These things take time...it's not like they have a sector dedicated to forum management...all the response we get come from the devs themselves and the moderators, which are volunteers btw.

GenFeelGood
8th May 2015, 02:09
They have responded that what happened to infect was not intentional.

Infect was not intentionally modified, we're looking into it.
If you are referring to no longer being able to deal damage by jumping indoors, I believe I saw it mentioned in one of the past patch notes but I don't remember which so I could be mistaken.

Ygdrasel
8th May 2015, 02:39
Nobody important said anything. Not one developer has addressed the problem. We still don't know if it's intentional or not.

Check...Again. :)

Game development is hard. Communication is never going to be 24/7 or flawless. Everybody needs to calm down.

Saikocat
8th May 2015, 10:07
We're looking at more things we can do, but always factor in how much time these things will take from the dev team, at times they're so hard at work on the game that getting time out to respond to individual threads can be tough. But we're working on it.

We do monitor the threads and boards, and as others have indicated a lot of suggestions and notes are used during dev, but the guys may not have the chance to reply on them, or may not be able to commit to changing something until they know it's feasible. I do respond on threads and pass on suggestions posted, but can't always promise something will be considered or make it in (I'm not a dev), it's a tricky balance. That's not to say there isn't room for improvements, I think that in general (with everything!) there is always room for that, but again often depends on time too :)

More frequent but smaller scale streams are something we're hoping to do more of too.

On the Deceiver's Infect ability, it's something Corey has responded elsewhere on, and was not an intended change, so they were looking into that one.

Izumi_Shinichi
8th May 2015, 17:06
We're looking at more things we can do, but always factor in how much time these things will take from the dev team, at times they're so hard at work on the game that getting time out to respond to individual threads can be tough. But we're working on it.

We do monitor the threads and boards, and as others have indicated a lot of suggestions and notes are used during dev, but the guys may not have the chance to reply on them, or may not be able to commit to changing something until they know it's feasible. I do respond on threads and pass on suggestions posted, but can't always promise something will be considered or make it in (I'm not a dev), it's a tricky balance. That's not to say there isn't room for improvements, I think that in general (with everything!) there is always room for that, but again often depends on time too :)

More frequent but smaller scale streams are something we're hoping to do more of too.

On the Deceiver's Infect ability, it's something Corey has responded elsewhere on, and was not an intended change, so they were looking into that one.

I saw that post yesterday. I was very happy to see that they had seen the complaint and are working to fix the issue.

FireWorks_
9th May 2015, 07:09

And the tyrant indoor jump that is switched on and off every few months?

This time the uproar seemed load enough to get you to react since it was the deceivers most viable ability affected.
What about the tyrant jump that got "changed" in one of the last patches?
What about the alchemist firewall that got "changed" in one of the last patches?

Yes "there is always room for improvement" but some aspects of the communication have galactic space for improvement.
Crosshairgate hasnt seen a dev post either and let me remind you that it is a shooter you are working on!