PDA

View Full Version : They changed the sumoner default skin ?

MarshCreature
1st May 2015, 00:16
so i just unlocked the summoner and instead of the cool looking summoner armor i get this really hard to look at skin called ghoul callers mantle. after asking i found out its the way it is now but why was that horrible idea implemented ? now all the desire i had to play it is gone since i really cant have any fun with such a fugly skin. might sound a bit whiny but hell i cant really find a single reason why they did that i could spend money in any other skin but i wont in a skin i should have gotten. back to sentinel then.

Equanimityjohn
1st May 2015, 00:33
Definitely makes us older players feel special, though. :)

MarshCreature
1st May 2015, 00:37
and it makes any new player feel like **** for getting my hopes up and wasting a token on that class

Ygdrasel
1st May 2015, 03:41
If the skin somehow ruins your fun despite having less than zero effect upon how the class is played or functions in any way at all, you subconsciously hated that class anyway so good for you confronting it.

lucinvampire
1st May 2015, 12:09
You could purchase the skin you'd like in the store and show a little support for the game :)

MarshCreature
1st May 2015, 12:31
You could purchase the skin you'd like in the store and show a little support for the game :)

any other skin id buy with a smile but im not going to buy a skin i should have gotten with the basic summoner but instead got baited and switched

If the skin somehow ruins your fun despite having less than zero effect upon how the class is played or functions in any way at all, you subconsciously hated that class anyway so good for you confronting it.

cant really have any fun with a skin that looks like a rotten potato

Da_Wolv
1st May 2015, 12:50
and it makes any new player feel like **** for getting my hopes up and wasting a token on that class
You buy a class with a token, not the skin.

That sounds like 'you'-problem.
If you get so hung up about a single skin, then don't play the class or just go play "Hello Kittie: Dress Up"

MarshCreature
1st May 2015, 13:11
You buy a class with a token, not the skin.

That sounds like 'you'-problem.
If you get so hung up about a single skin, then don't play the class or just go play "Hello Kittie: Dress Up"

you missed the point of the post by a land slide the point of the post is the classic bait and switch of showing you a base skin that you should get as you unlock it but instead they give you some thing you never asked for and you now need to pay to look like the class should look like Thats what the post is about not for you to be so easy to offend

ParadoxicalOmen
1st May 2015, 13:51
you missed the point of the post by a land slide the point of the post is the classic bait and switch of showing you a base skin that you should get as you unlock it but instead they give you some thing you never asked for and you now need to pay to look like the class should look like Thats what the post is about not for you to be so easy to offend

Dude...the skin was switched like 2 or 3 patches ago...that's like more than a month...
It was even in the "game updates" section...
There is no baiting...you just didn't know because you never cared to look...

Now, if you want the other skin...show some support to Nosgoth and buy it. You forget the game is F2P, they make money through the skins.
If you don't want to spend any money...you can play till you reach lvl 25 and unlock the evolved skin.

Jallford
1st May 2015, 14:01

They're vampires whose skin is forever rotting, peeling off and falling apart. They would smell horrific, like dead bodies gurgling with decay. The skin is a far better indicator of what a fledgling, low-rank Melchahim would look like. Legacy of Kain was never about vampires looking hot and posing for a camera, this is the grubby reality of immortality when you're trapped in a shell that's permanently dying. All the other outfits disguise or hide it, representing the Melchahim who embrace their weakness as a challenge to temper their sanity. It's a brilliant idea.

It's not a bait-and-switch. You paid for the class and the default skin, this is now the default skin.

Cody_The_Wiser
1st May 2015, 16:08

I beg to **** differ. I'd love to play as an actual rotten potato.

FearGhoul
4th May 2015, 08:53
I got the Summoner when it had the old skin and personally, I've always thought it was kind of weird looking. Why is her skin the way it is? I can't really tell what's flesh on her, and what is clothing or armor. I thought that maybe she was wearing a mask and armor, but she seems to be moving her face at times (unless I'm imagining that) and the artwork shows her with different facial expressions, so obviously it's her skin. The new default has clear areas that are skin. One thing I'm not a fan of with her skins are those spikey bone things sticking out of her face. What's with that? Overall though, I like her designs.
About Vampires and beauty, it's important to remember that Melchiah received the least of Kain's essence, and this has passed on to his children. Melchiah himself is falling apart and sewing himself together, so it only makes sense that his children are the same. But while Melciah is pretty ugly, Raziel is actually quite handsome (if many of the female fans of this series are anything to go by....). There's nothing about Vampires being ugly or anything, even Umah was attractive, though she wasn't from Kain's line.
So I really have to say, it only makes sense for the Summoner to be pretty disgusting, considering the lore around Melchiah.

Ygdrasel
4th May 2015, 15:45
Why is her skin the way it is?

Because they are literally rotting away 24/7. You explain that yourself in your post so that seems a very bizarre question. The bone spikes are a remnant from unused Soul Reaver concept art and in this context, likely a result of the Melchahim's endless decay. Their faces are notably stitched together in pieces so I imagine they just failed to cover all the bones beneath, possibly as a deliberate tactic to appear more frightening.

And the parts that are armor are clearly bone-white with gold markings.

FearGhoul
4th May 2015, 18:05
To me, it really just looks like a bunch of white that meshes together. I can see it easier in that picture what is skin and what is armor, but in the game itself, it really all just looks white to me.

Saikocat
8th May 2015, 15:11
The base skin was changed, but it's part of Beta tweaking and testing, and it is indeed the default skin now that you get when you unlock the class (it's not a skin purchase) and should be shown in menu as the default skin when you unlock the class. It wasn't changed for anyone that unlocked it before that went through.

If there's anything specific that made you feel like it's a bait and switch, let us know, and we're happy to take a look at that.

FearGhoul
9th May 2015, 06:55
I think the problem is that there is still some promotional artwork that shows the old skin. For example, when I see the ad for the super duper package with all classes and stuff, it still shows the old skin. I think that's what MarshCreature is talking about.

Saikocat
12th May 2015, 13:21
I'll share that feedback here!

iquaniqua
24th Jun 2015, 17:43
So, wait, the default skin is now purchasable and the ghoul-caller is now the default one?
Also, my friend said he got the ghoul caller skin for free, but it's still purchasable for me.

Grisamentum
25th Jun 2015, 16:38
Summoner's Armour was default but they realised it was too awesome to give away for free so they changed the default skin to that awful Ghoul Caller's Mantle.
Harsh X/

Sanguise23
25th Jun 2015, 17:28
Summoner's Armour was default but they realised it was too awesome to give away for free so they changed the default skin to that awful Ghoul Caller's Mantle.
Harsh X/

blah original default is ugly would rather have new one (both suck compared to evolve)

KaininitePriestess
30th Jun 2015, 11:13
So, wait, the default skin is now purchasable and the ghoul-caller is now the default one?
Also, my friend said he got the ghoul caller skin for free, but it's still purchasable for me.

Since no one else gave you a serious, helpful answer, I'll explain:

The original skin was given to people who unlocked the class before the change was made, and if we wanted the Ghoul Caller's Mantle, we had to pay money to unlock it. After the change, Ghoul Caller's Mantle was given free to the people who unlocked the class at that point, and they had to pay money to unlock the old skin.

The people who unlocked it before still have to pay money for GCM, and the newer players still have to pay money for the old default skin, so no one was cheated out of money. If someone paid money for GCM before the change was made, they'll still have two skins.

I personally like GCM better then the original default, but there is the nice little prestige with having the original default and being able to say you unlocked the class earlier, if that's your thing. /shrugs/

Cristari
5th Jul 2015, 11:13
When the Summoner came out I had purchased the Goul-Caller's Mantle Because I hated the look of the Robes of the Imperial Guard.
I have been swindled out of 1200 or more Runes. I would like them back if you don't mind SE.

Cristari
5th Jul 2015, 19:39
If you can please remove the 50% 7 Day XP boost that I got from a Chest please and return my 400 Runes I'd be more than happy thank you.

Please not I also want my money back for the Summoner Skin I bought and you turned into the default Summoner skin.

I don't see this being a very good way to treat customers to be honest. You pay for something and don't refund when you alter and charge people for stuff that you can buy in the store a lot cheaper or get for free by completing daily rewards!

KaininitePriestess
5th Jul 2015, 19:56
Technically, you weren't swindled out of the runes since you now have two skins while most people only have one.

MissingL1nk
6th Jul 2015, 13:36
I have an almost similar problem: bought a chest from the Store for the fun of it and got an Arcane Weapon.
A damn Arcane Weapon.
That's somehow a little ****, not only because I already have that weapon or it's easy to get it by simply playing the game, but why would you charge a 1000 runestones for something players can get without the chests?!
If you already make something with random objects in it, why bother to put that rubbish in it?
However, you could put only exclusives in the box and make it more expensive or something, but this is ****. Really.

riccetto80
6th Jul 2015, 17:10
i open 3 chest, only rubbish, only item a little decent is for scout the human class i use less...

anyway i was sure will be rubbish, buy the credit in offer and to give support to game.

The chest is BET, if you bet you never win, win always the house.

The idea is catch you in bet mechanism where hoping to find something you spend and spend and spend and if you get something is ok but not exactly what you wanted, you receive a gun for a class you dont use... few people are take in this mechanism, but once take in the mechanism they will spend a load of money.

hate this mechanics, but lately almost all f2p start to use this kind of 'bet" why? because work.

i think you will never get a refund, but please learn the lesson, if you bet, only the house will win, not bet, you risk to be catch in this psychological mechanism, and i remember you some people lost family, work, house, being obsessed with betting... once enter in your brain you are done.

at the moment there are no law about, in my opinion this kind of mechanism must be never allow in games where young people play and spend money, is same mechanism as slot machine, you put money, you have a chance to win something very very good and huge change to win nothing.

Da_Wolv
6th Jul 2015, 18:01
While I support you,

PLEASE STOP BUYING KEYS IN THE FIRST PLACE.
This business practice needs to GOOOO

Cristari
6th Jul 2015, 18:36
But if I don't buy a key the chest I won will just sit there teasing me until I open it and if I delete it I may have missed out on that one special item! :)

To be honest I agree. The Chests are a horrible item to have in the store and the keys are far far too overpriced for the crap that is in the chests in the first place. If the chests are removed from the store and left as a reward for playing then the keys on sale should be 10x cheaper than they are currently if all you are going to win is a Boost you can get for free or a Name tag that has no purpose yet and that you can also get for free.

Here is an idea make keys a daily reward.

P.S. I still want my Runes back for the Summoner outfit I bought that was made into the default skin. That is still highway robbery!

Da_Wolv
6th Jul 2015, 19:50
But if I don't buy a key the chest I won will just sit there teasing me until I open it and if I delete it I may have missed out on that one special item! :)

There is nothing of value in those chests.

Here is an idea make keys a daily reward.

Yes. or, y'know.. get rid of all of that completely

Chulo86
7th Jul 2015, 09:13
just in case it hasn't been done yet,
I would appreciate if the summoner went back to the old default.

it would really confuse the **** out of me especially when there is already promotional art.

plus I like the old default better.... (I really don't want to pay for something that was free before.)

Cristari
7th Jul 2015, 19:15
Technically, you weren't swindled out of the runes since you now have two skins while most people only have one.

I was swindled because I bought the skin that is now Default before it was default and do not have the old default skin which is now on sale in the store.

I'd also like to acknowledge that no moderators or any SE members have even bothered to contact me to help me address this so far. I'm just sitting here being ignored!

xNarcissusx
7th Jul 2015, 19:49
I was swindled because I bought the skin that is now Default before it was default and do not have the old default skin which is now on sale in the store.

Neither of the skins for summoner that have been the default one were on sale.

Saikocat
8th Jul 2015, 09:31
Refunds are something you would have to discuss directly with customer support (http://support.nosgoth.com).

The skins were adjusted a few months back, though it means that while one skin is now the default one, the one that was previously default is now a purchase-only option, so they were swapped around.

I'll share the feedback about it and about the chests here, though with the nature of the chests what you get is random, so not something that can normally be refunded for if you don't get what you ideally want.

Saikocat
8th Jul 2015, 09:43
I'd also like to acknowledge that no moderators or any SE members have even bothered to contact me to help me address this so far. I'm just sitting here being ignored!

I responded in your other thread, but refund requests are something you have to discuss directly with customer support (http://support.nosgoth.com). No one on this forum will be able to assist you with that.

As part of the overall Beta status of the game, some tweaks and changes do happen, including the Summoner's skin. Neither of those skins (the current or old default) have been on sale in the store though. We did have 2 of the other skins on sale (Robes of the Imperial Guard and Gilded Corpse).

Grisamentum
8th Jul 2015, 10:11

There's nothing good in the chests you win at the end of a game. I have close to 30 of them sitting in my inventory which I'll never waste any money on buying keys for.
Trying to get players to gamble their money away on chests just highlights that there's nothing to spend your money on in Nosgoth. I've bought skins & I've bought boosters so I can get prestige & evolved skins quicker but apart from that what else is there? One alternate execution for each vampire...it's just an animation - is it so hard to come up with another 1 or 2 per class? And banners? Something to make the wait in the lobby about 0.000009% less boring? Great.

I really want to support Nosgoth. I've spent nearly £100 on it so far. More than I'd originally planned. But chests are awful & the store is dry, fam.
Srs.