PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - April 30th, 2015

Saikocat
30th Apr 2015, 14:52
Prestige Alchemist Skin

The Elite Red Sister skin has been added for Alchemists who have reached Level 25! The skin is also available in the store.

Balancing

Capture the Body
More Capture The Body Alpha tests will be taking place from Thursday, April 30th through Monday, May 4th. Head to the official blog update here for more information on session timings:
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/capture-the-body-april-30th-to-may-4th

To submit feedback, after playing the mode, please visit this forum thread: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=155252&p=2123220#post2123220

Body dragger is no longer slowed down as severely by slow effects like Fire Wall
Respawn times are now 11 seconds for Vampires, 14 seconds for Humans
Spawn logic now accounts for path distance to body rather than raw distance to address cases where humans spawned "near" the body, but had a long walk to intercept it.
Updated the HUD icons for the Body and Objective

Sentinel
Echolocation

Renamed to "Sonic Shriek"
Now deafens and disorients humans within 500 units of the Sentinel when the ability is activated
Disorient effect fixed and updated for affected humans

Humans

Health Station use will now be interrupted when 150 damage is taken (down from 200)

Alchemist
All Cannons

Bombs no longer deal self-damage to the Alchemist

Achievements

Summoner and Vanguard achievements have been implemented

Daily Rewards
A few changes have been introduced in today's update, with more to come!

Tweaks to drops
Introduced new Runestone discount vouchers

Store

A new bundle for the Evolved skins has been added to the store

Maps

The Crucible

Additional bug fixes and optimization

Options

Addressed an issue with the "-usetexturepool" parameter that was disabling it if your video card had 512mb of VRAM or less. Textures will not reduce to original levels but will still function for reducing framerate spikes.

NomzNomz
30th Apr 2015, 15:02
Love the sound (no pun intended) of the new Sonic shriek! Can't wait to test that out!

Can I have my banner from the last capture the body test now? :D

Saikocat
30th Apr 2015, 15:15
Can I have my banner from the last capture the body test now? :D

Did you complete 3 full matches at the time? :)
If not, you'll be able to do it now. Matches from last time count as well, so if you completed 2 at the time, it'll just take 1 more match and then you'll be eligible to get it.

Note the banners are being awarded on Tuesday though, after all the tests are done. They have to be granted to accounts that are eligible.

Saikocat
30th Apr 2015, 15:49
We should be coming back online soon!

Captain3009
30th Apr 2015, 16:12
Just checked my new Alchemist skin, looooking gooooood...
Patch notes are also looking good, thx for the update.

Cody_The_Wiser
30th Apr 2015, 16:29
Soooooo, when are we getting a state of play? I'm impatient and bored and if possible would like to know when I could read up on what you guys have been doing and know what you plan to do. On that note, there was a rather meaty forum post in the feedback and suggestions area that I believe is essential to Nosgoth's being something big in the future. I'll leave the link below.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=155229

Thanks in advance for response.

spOOkymadTricKz
30th Apr 2015, 16:30
:thud::poke: nooo - def. stay @ the old skin.

spOOkymadTricKz
30th Apr 2015, 16:39
r there any changes with the spawnsystem?

Shikei001
30th Apr 2015, 18:08
Mouse weird, audio weird, video settings weird :'(

Alchi skin awesome tho :D

New echo seems rly nice but I think it is kinda bugged.. sometimes I'm miles away and it reaches me.

toothman666
30th Apr 2015, 22:19
So far is nice.
The skin is awsome ;)

But just 2 questions.
Why no assist points on the human side (in CTB)
and what happened to Flashpoint?

Ghosthree3
30th Apr 2015, 22:28
Mouse weird, audio weird, video settings weird :'(

See, http://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=155273

I assume it applies to the mouse settings configs too. It's just ignoring them D:

gzvirax
1st May 2015, 00:18
It would be nice if you'd stop omitting changes from the patch notes; the range nerf to Infect makes it damn near useless.

FireWorks_
1st May 2015, 14:03
It would be nice if you'd stop omitting changes from the patch notes; the range nerf to Infect makes it damn near useless.

+1 for complete patch notes.

cmstache
1st May 2015, 16:05
Echolocation

Renamed to "Sonic Shriek"
Now deafens and disorients humans within 500 units of the Sentinel when the ability is activated
Disorient effect fixed and updated for affected humans

Words can't describe how long I've waited for this....

Sanguise23
1st May 2015, 17:41
anyone got a video of what the sonic shriek effect looks like for humans?

KDmP_Raze
2nd May 2015, 10:55
Dang, I was really hoping to hear they implemented a function for Tyrant jump indoors. :(

HoopleDoople
2nd May 2015, 18:27
I still can't believe you guys are not releasing complete patch notes, that is unacceptable. A good rule of thumb is that if you're embarrassed to admit a change/nerf has been made it probably not good enough to merit implementation.

+1 to giving Tyrant jump a function indoors. It probably shouldn't be as powerful as a regular jump but it needs to do something.

Finally, please either rework Sonic Shriek or implement a "motion sickness" option (similar to how many games have a "colorblind" option) that removes the visual distortion from Sonic Shriek. It is literally painful to me and others and I can't play Nosgoth until it is fixed.

cmstache
2nd May 2015, 18:29
The problem with removing the "blurring" is that it's the only major benefit of the skill. It's a defensive CC that counteracts the human's hitscan weapons. Removing sound helps, but it does nothing for accuracy. Increasing spread isn't a good way either because it becomes more RNG based.

Side note: It also allows you to see things while blinded.

HoopleDoople
2nd May 2015, 18:38
The problem with removing the "blurring" is that it's the only major benefit of the skill. It's a defensive CC that counteracts the human's hitscan weapons. Removing sound helps, but it does nothing for accuracy. Increasing spread isn't a good way either because it becomes more RNG based.

Side note: It also allows you to see things while blinded.

No, it's not. The deafness is by far the major benefit because it is guaranteed to reduce the awareness of all humans. Every primary Vampire ability has a very obvious audio tell that talented players will pick up on every time. Not being able to hear properly makes it impossible to know when to time your dodges without actually watching the enemy. And with no sound you can't locate enemies by sound alone.

In my discussions with other players some have indicated that the blurring has no adverse impact on their aim while to some (including myself) the blurring is literally crippling. And if spread is a bad mechanic because of RNG... well then why is it used at all in this game? Spread isn't an ideal solution for anything but it is in place because it works. It is significantly easier to approach players with high spread than those with minimal spread. Regardless, Spread doesn't have to be the solution. There could be a "dimming" effect to prevent players from seeing very far. There could an increase in damage fall-off to reduce the long range DPS of affected Humans. Or maybe the targeting reticule could be removed from humans for the duration.

cmstache
2nd May 2015, 19:20
The problem isn't dodging the primary ability, it's once you're already in combat. This is the first real buff a sentinel has seen in forever and removing the blurring is like cutting their legs out from under than again. While, I'm in agreement that there is wiggle room, CCing the player, as opposed to the character is definitely the right way to approach it.

_Kine_
2nd May 2015, 20:01
please either rework Sonic Shriek or implement a "motion sickness" option (similar to how many games have a "colorblind" option) that removes the visual distortion from Sonic Shriek. It is literally painful to me and others and I can't play Nosgoth until it is fixed.

Came back after a couple weeks off from Nosgoth. CAPTURE DA BOOTY !

Motion Blur in Video options is active after patching. I literally had to hug the floor after my first match in ages afterwards. Took about an hour and a half before nausea cleared. Motion Blur + Shriek was insane torture and I couldn't figure out what was happening until it already took hold.

After Motion Blur was deactivated, shriek was half as painful. Personally motion blur is the bigger culprit for me but atleast I can turn that off.

---

Aside from that, my first capture the body was a premade 4 vs Kine + 2 AFK farmers. Took awhile to find a game the first time I queued so did 1 TDM before that infernal 4 vs Kine match. Got into that TDM within seconds of searching. I asked the guys in lobby why they aren't playing CTB and they all said they couldn't see the option to. Damn silly arrow to find CTB needs to go.

Games take longer to start on 'Any' than when I specified a region. Kinda weird. And ofcourse leavers plaguing this game as usual.

Justifying spending time in queue waiting gets harder and harder. Dear Nosgoth, I love you but love hurts.

HoopleDoople
2nd May 2015, 20:18
The problem isn't dodging the primary ability, it's once you're already in combat. This is the first real buff a sentinel has seen in forever and removing the blurring is like cutting their legs out from under than again. While, I'm in agreement that there is wiggle room, CCing the player, as opposed to the character is definitely the right way to approach it.

If its that essential to Sentinels lets make it easy:

Motion Sickness mode - disable Sonic Shriek's blurring. Instead you deal only 50% damage while affected.

That would be too severe for your average player to take but would allow the rest of us to play the game without headaches.

On a side note I decided to try capture the body, and thankfully haven't run into Sonic Shriek yet. Having fun with Nosgoth for the first time in a long while. Match balance is as poor as ever but who cares in that mode, its crazy good fun.

Psyonix_Corey
5th May 2015, 22:51
Infect was not intentionally modified, we're looking into it.

Equanimityjohn
6th May 2015, 00:29
Maybe while fixing it back to its old range you could work to improve its hit detection? Also, I may be crazy but the reaver's kick feels very different now too. Would definitely recommend looking in to that.

Ygdrasel
6th May 2015, 06:15

If anything, it sounds like the blur should be increased seeing as it's apparently not even causing a problem (simulator sickness aside) for affected players... (I myself just wish I could put Sonic Shriek in the wing flap slot instead so I could pair it with Air Strike.)

@Hoople: That seems a poor substitute. The idea is not to explicitly decrease damage but interfere with sight. If the blur is really such an issue for the sickness-afflicted though, perhaps said 'motion sickness' mode could replace the blur with a tunnel vision effect, considerably shrinking the visible portion of the screen.

riccetto80
6th May 2015, 08:30

you internally test the patch before release?

each time there are not intended stuff or bugs or bad things anyone with a couple of match can notice and you didint notice before release patch...

ah, the alchemist self damage is terrible change, and i use alchemist a lot... stop keep make this game easier for noobs, please.

HoopleDoople
6th May 2015, 13:24
you internally test the patch before release?

each time there are not intended stuff or bugs or bad things anyone with a couple of match can notice and you didint notice before release patch...

ah, the alchemist self damage is terrible change, and i use alchemist a lot... stop keep make this game easier for noobs, please.

I disagree, I think removing Alchemist self damage was a good decision. It was kind of silly that Alchemists would damage themselves if they hit Vampires that were too close, as Vampires attack in melee range. I also had heard that the Alchemist's self-damage would inflict on slowing effect on her as well, which was probably never intended.

If for whatever reason the Alchemist proves to be too good, which I highly doubt (lack of instantly hitting, long range attacks and a hard counter keep her balanced) the answer is to increase self-damage from her abilities rather than adding it back to her weaponry.