PDA

View Full Version : HUNTER Alternative Balance Suggestion For Hunter

GenFeelGood
29th Apr 2015, 23:16
I can't remember if this was ever discussed or tested; but did modifying hp for humans ever come into play with balancing?

Outside of the Vanguard's 1150 hp, all human classes have 1050 hp. We keep bringing up the hunter's effectiveness in the game; and I was wondering if (instead of just nerfing or otherwise weakening his attack further) we would be okay with just lowering his overall hp to make him easier to kill once the gap is closed, making him a glass cannon (as the deceiver and sentinel are described because of how much damage they can deal while being so easy to kill in a straight up fight)?

Ygdrasel
30th Apr 2015, 19:23
Makes sense to me. They are the main force of the human war effort so there should be heavier casualties.

Ghosthree3
30th Apr 2015, 19:38
I disagree with reducing his health but I wouldn't disagree with an explosive shot nerf, and to a lesser degree perhaps a bola nerf - duration only.

His health and weapon damage are honestly fine as far as I can tell.

They are the main force of the human war effort so there should be heavier casualties.
That makes no logical sense at all.

GenFeelGood
30th Apr 2015, 23:35
I just know that you still can't compare stacked hunters to anything else and a team without even one hunter is considered a risky formation. I figure being easier to kill (by just having less health to work with) could be one way for us to make him more comparable to the other human classes while keeping from nerfing his attack further.