PDA

View Full Version : Gameinformer - Jensen's Quest For Redemption - with Mary DeMarle

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Apr 2015, 18:13
Gameinformer - interview with Mary DeMarle:

Jensen's Quest For Redemption In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/04/27/jensens-quest-for-redemption-in-deus-ex-mankind-divided.aspx)

Adam Jensen is a man surrounded by conflict. After he failed to protect the world from chaos in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, governments and freedom fighters collide over the human rights of mechanically augmented citizens.

Executive narrative director Mary DeMarle (Myst III: Exile, Deus Ex: Human Revolution) explains how Jensen has changed since the last time we saw him, embracing what he has become.

Warning: Contains spoilers for Deus Ex: Human Revolution

JCpies
28th Apr 2015, 20:45
Prague is an interesting choice.

I'm still desperate to see Sub-Saharan Africa or the Maghreb. Afro-cyberpunk.

WildcatPhoenix
28th Apr 2015, 22:38
Prague is an interesting choice.

I'm still desperate to see Sub-Saharan Africa or the Maghreb. Afro-cyberpunk.

I always wanted to see one of the games touch on the Afro-Asian communities which are mentioned in DX1. China, in particular, has made enormous investments in various African countries, and I could easily foresee a fusion of cultures there in the very near future. Nigeria is described as a flourishing economic zone in the 2050s: how interesting would it be to see African NPCs dressed in Asian-inspired clothing (saris, kimonos, ao dais, cheongsams, etc)?

--Xas--
28th Apr 2015, 23:29
Didn't they try to incorporate India into DX:HR, but ended up having to throw that idea out the window? Pity, because having India as an integral part of the whole techno thing would make sense. But still, I'm fine with Prague. I hope it means that there are visible cues that it is future-Prague, and not just some generic vaguely European-ish city.

Shralla
29th Apr 2015, 04:46
"Embracing what he has become"

Thank god. Another one of the annoyances regarding Jensen's personality was the whole "never asked for this" aspect, no matter how many memes were spawned as a result. As ever I compare him with JC, and JC had accepted his lot in life long before the game ever started. As a player, you love having access to all these cool augmentations, but the narrative frequently clashes with that feeling. I understand the desire to create conflict in the player regarding the augmentation debate and Adam's choice in the matter, but ultimately it just got in the way of my enjoyment.

Irate_Iguana
29th Apr 2015, 08:35
As a player, you love having access to all these cool augmentations, but the narrative frequently clashes with that feeling. I understand the desire to create conflict in the player regarding the augmentation debate and Adam's choice in the matter, but ultimately it just got in the way of my enjoyment.

It doesn't go anywhere. You get two instances where someone comments on it (Malik and Cassandra Reed IIRC) and Adam can give an answer and that's it. The story then proceeds as normal. There is no way to give a real shape to how Adam feels about his forced augmentations, augmentations in general and the excessive surgeries performed on him. The game doesn't really recognize this issue and doesn't do anything with it. There is zero reactivity. They really need to increase that in the next game.