PDA

View Full Version : Instant victory if whole enemy team leaves the game.

WoG-Hazaa
27th Apr 2015, 09:51
I kindly ask devs to add feature of auto win to remove 4v0 games. It has been happening again lately that 1st player leaves and gets 3mins penalty. After this 3 other guys leave also and game ends up being 4vs0.
Winning team has 2 choices, wait for the round to end or leave game. In most cases i've seen is that all enemy team players leave in 1st and in this scenario you have to idle 2nd round completely or leave the game.

I don't think the winning team should be getting penalty of waiting in empty game just because other team decides to leave. By leaving you lose the victory, gold and possible item rewards.

Ghosthree3
27th Apr 2015, 10:47
Yep, sounds good, especially since even if a game was instantly refilled there is no matchmaking really done between teams so a possibly fair game can turn nasty for the people that actually stuck around.

WoG-Hazaa
27th Apr 2015, 11:28
I wish i there was refill in these games. Feels like the players stay ghosting in the game and you cannot get hot joins..

But any case if whole enemy team leaves = forfeit victory.

DesolatedMaggot
27th Apr 2015, 16:16
I'd be all for this. Late joins do happen, but they're infrequent and often take a long time.

TendrilSavant
27th Apr 2015, 20:31
I'm for ending the match if one side abandons the game, but it should not be counted as a win. This could lead to bullying; i.e. goading the other side into rage-quitting to earn gold and Mysterious items at a better rate.

If the match is ended in this way it needs to provide less gold and a much lower chance of items dropping for it to not be easily abused.

DesolatedMaggot
27th Apr 2015, 20:32
I'm for ending the match if one side abandons the game, but it should not be counted as a win. This could lead to bullying; i.e. goading the other side into rage-quitting to earn gold and Mysterious items at a better rate.

If the match is ended in this way it needs to provide less gold and a much lower chance of items dropping for it to not be easily abused.
If this doesn't count as a win, the trolling could be reversed, entire team abandons solely to prevent the enemy team from winning.

TendrilSavant
27th Apr 2015, 21:09
If this doesn't count as a win, the trolling could be reversed, entire team abandons solely to prevent the enemy team from winning.
Maybe, but the best way to avoid both undesirable outcomes is to stay with the current system. Personally I believe this to be a smaller symptom of other issues in the game.

In all earnestness, this issue is mainly seen by premades/parties fighting randoms. And in my opinion, if you're going into a match with that advantage then you should be aware that some people will quit. At least that's the reason I haven't played in parties since early CB; I got tired of dominating the first round and then seeing the entire opposition quit.

Ghosthree3
28th Apr 2015, 03:59
Scale gold and mysterious drop rate to the match time then. I don't see why a win should be denied to people that clearly earned it. What says win more than your enemy literally fleeing the battlefield?

WoG-Hazaa
29th Apr 2015, 21:12
Maybe, but the best way to avoid both undesirable outcomes is to stay with the current system. Personally I believe this to be a smaller symptom of other issues in the game.

In all earnestness, this issue is mainly seen by premades/parties fighting randoms. And in my opinion, if you're going into a match with that advantage then you should be aware that some people will quit. At least that's the reason I haven't played in parties since early CB; I got tired of dominating the first round and then seeing the entire opposition quit.

I never play in parties and this happened to me often. I've even seen premade party leaving the game and my team had to sit out waiting for new joiners. Usually u get 1-2 people to join, but never 4 and even if you do few of them quit..

Your solution is faulty if i cannot get victory as a reward for my teams (RANDOM) supremacy. They can lower drop rate or something, but i want the gold and the victory.

Ygdrasel
29th Apr 2015, 21:19
What says win more than your enemy literally fleeing the battlefield?

If they've fled out of boredom or not giving a damn...Many things.

Cody_The_Wiser
30th Apr 2015, 16:38
If they've fled out of boredom or not giving a damn...Many things.

That's rarely the case. People typically leave because they are getting smashed and desire a smashing no more. Even if they had something more important than the match that they needed to attend to, it's not like the game can determine the difference. If the entire enemy team leaves I shouldn't be forced to sit and wait for who knows how long for another team to join. I 100% agree that an entire team leaving match should result in instant victory for the remaining players.

Ygdrasel
30th Apr 2015, 19:08
I shouldn't be forced to sit and wait...

You are literally not forced to wait at all. Not even a little. So...Wish granted.

Ghosthree3
30th Apr 2015, 19:10
You are forced if you want your win/rewards.

Ygdrasel
30th Apr 2015, 19:54
You are forced if you want your win/rewards.

Yes, and if I want a refreshing glass of lemonade, I'm technically "forced" to go make some lemonade but that is not actually being forced in any way at all. And you didn't complete the match so you shouldn't get the rewards. Same as if you leave. What's essentially being asked for here is the privilege to bail from a match and still be rewarded.

WoG up there's even said it: He wants to be rewarded for a random occurrence. No part of that sounds right. This isn't a lottery.

This also seems like it would be solved far better (and solve multiple issues at once) if the game just had a more efficient way of filling empty team slots. The game itself needs to improve, not reward players for tolerating its faults.

Ghosthree3
30th Apr 2015, 20:03
I don't understand how you equate getting a win for a game in which your opponents have left as a privilege to leave a match and still win so I'm not going to touch that.

I doubt 4 people leaving will ever be a 'random' occurrence due to a compilation of real life emergencies and crashes. No, if everyone on the enemy team leaves then as far as I'm concerned you beat the team you were put against in lobby and should collect your win and head back there to find a new match.

That's almost besides the point though, like so many have already stated, waiting in a game for more people is boring. Why should the people staying behind be punished because the enemy team quit the game and now get to go and do something more fun for the next few minutes while the people that stayed wait?

I actually disagree with filling spots at all to be perfectly honest. I am aware that for a game like this right now it is a necessity to keep the game alive, but it messes with the fairness of the game as no team balancing is done between the new players. Ergo, if 4 brand new players join a game, they may have been shuffled with the other team had the game still been in lobby for balance reasons. I sure hope backfilling is non existant in Ranked play because nothing is going to be worse than being matched against opponents who you beat and who leave only to have their places filled with people who your team cannot match and to end up with a loss because the first team quit. Hell, losing at all because of someone that got backfilled carrying the game is and is going to be the worst thing ever.

Again, I understand that right now it is a necessity or people would quit because games never finished with all 8 players, but hopefully in the future if this game gets more players the game will just be forfeit if 2 people leave - and have been gone for 2 minutes allowing them to rejoin - and return to lobby to start a new properly match made game.