PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider on rails?

Relight-TRHQ
27th Apr 2015, 00:05
There's a trailer for the second level: :)

g247UfjplVg

!!!

So at around 0:15, that style where there's possibly a slight slow motion but the main thing being the camera doing a 180 to face the front of the character... is that type of thing typical to "Temple Run" games?

Can't wait for this to hit Canada, it appears like there's just no way to call this a "Temple Run" game, this is Temple Run times a thousand...
So rather than the "Temple Run" comparison, is this game really more like Tomb Raider on rails?

WinterSoldierLTE
27th Apr 2015, 01:35
Could be. But it's a game for mobile, so that right there kind of limits what it can or can't be doesn't it? I'm not one for mobile gaming so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there major restrictions the hardware places on games when developing for mobile? I mean I'm not personally expecting a deep story with a lot of (if any) voice acting and cutscenes.

Relight-TRHQ
27th Apr 2015, 17:00
Could be. But it's a game for mobile, so that right there kind of limits what it can or can't be doesn't it? I'm not one for mobile gaming so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there major restrictions the hardware places on games when developing for mobile? I mean I'm not personally expecting a deep story with a lot of (if any) voice acting and cutscenes.
There aren't a lot of limits on mobile games these days. The hardware is getting really impressive. (Just as a random example, look at Mortal Kombat X, released for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/mortal-kombat-x/id949701151?mt=8 - I use this example only for the graphics and because it's a recent title [I haven't nor will I be playing it], there are lots of other examples.) And there are mobile games with varying depths of stories, voice acting and cutscenes. Now a lot of those are ports of games developed for multiple platforms, true. One factor that might influence the way you develop a game for mobile is the size of the screen, but all the phones are getting so large nowadays, and of course you have tablets. The only "limit" I see with mobile games is that you have to develop a control scheme for your game that works without keyboard/mouse and works without a controller, but developers are finding great ways to make it intuitive to game on touch screen devices.

Anyway, you're right, I don't expect cutscenes and such from LC:RR, but at the same time, it looks to be much more in-depth than just a Temple Run game, which is why I was trying to come up with a better comparison in order for people to realize that it's not Temple Run.

Photodinopathy
5th May 2015, 17:43
It may have made more logic to have put in her in mine cart like TR3 to do this level on rails but still looks very good. I agree is clar this more than just temple run with Lara.