PDA

View Full Version : |Vampire Mechanic|- Hanging up human corpses

Hypocrispy
26th Apr 2015, 11:29
Vampires should be able to hang up a unconscious human body on the rope scouts use to grapple around the map.
this would not impede on the scouts ability it would only further the ambiance, this could also be used as a vampire mechanic of banking bodies for teammates. and be a nice focal point of fire for humans, that being said if this "body banking is to OP" then it could just be used for aesthetics and the vamp teammates wont be able to feed on the roped bodies for a fresh supply of blood.

Feedback is most welcome. Im new to the forum and will be coming up with more ideas in the near future.

Hypocrispy :thumb:

Vampmaster
26th Apr 2015, 11:42
The Zephonim could cocoon their victims like that in SR1, but nothing was ever mentioned of the other clans having ways of preserving food. If it was an ability specific to their clan, it might not be a worthwhile ability to take up one of their slots. I mean, you could give all vampires the ability and still need to explain different storage methods for the other clans, or add an extra ability slot to all vampires and have the other clans get something else instead of the cocoon, but either way, the humans would need their own advantage to keep the game balanced.

ParadoxicalOmen
26th Apr 2015, 22:33
To me the humans aren't unconscious...they're simply dying. So hanging them wouldn't preserve their body (or their blood), in my view.

GenFeelGood
26th Apr 2015, 23:06
Cocooning them to create an artificial stasis makes more sense. You hang meat in order to let gravity help drain all the blood out before it ruins the meat, so it would actually be detrimental if the goal is to preserve the blood.

Hypocrispy
27th Apr 2015, 06:47
Yeah true, i agree if not for body banking maybe for ambiance this would just make the match alot more scarier for the humans. This would be a small little vampire objective (might give xp might not.) either way it would look awesome having a vamp running with a body etc more often. and hanging humans maybe even dripping blood like GenFeelGood said.

:)

TheDreamcrusher
27th Apr 2015, 22:05
Actually a blood bank might be a tactical decision, if one were present in the game. Say you wind up with a body and no one needs to feed. Instead of dragging it, double the time for an execution to preserve some blood that vampires can tap later on in the match.

Cody_The_Wiser
28th Apr 2015, 01:10
Actually a blood bank might be a tactical decision, if one were present in the game. Say you wind up with a body and no one needs to feed. Instead of dragging it, double the time for an execution to preserve some blood that vampires can tap later on in the match.

Definitely want to see a Deceiver cocoon ability in future. Perhaps it could just be a passive ability or maybe it could take up a slot. That's something that can be discussed later.

GenFeelGood
28th Apr 2015, 01:40
Although Zephonim are most notable as the ones to cocoon people, I think it should be possible for all clans; and not as an ability but as an option, like E for grab & drag and X for execution we could press C for cocoon (not because of the letter but because of its location on the keyboard in relation to the other buttons) . All clans utilize cocooning for their evolutionary change, just through different methods; and the Melchahim and Razielim are known as blood bankers.

Hypocrispy
28th Apr 2015, 13:00
Also not sure if people have covered this but maybe an execution of some sort for the human side. Maybe the humans can put vampires up on pikes around the map. or maybe gain ammo back from doing an execute to a vamp similar to vamps gaining blood, i know the humans have a Hp ammo station but it seems kind of boring. don't get me wrong they are great to have just not as Rocking as the vamps have. If anyone knows of a post of this sort of thing can you let me know? :)

Vampmaster
28th Apr 2015, 13:54
Also not sure if people have covered this but maybe an execution of some sort for the human side. Maybe the humans can put vampires up on pikes around the map. or maybe gain ammo back from doing an execute to a vamp similar to vamps gaining blood, i know the humans have a Hp ammo station but it seems kind of boring. don't get me wrong they are great to have just not as Rocking as the vamps have. If anyone knows of a post of this sort of thing can you let me know? :)

It would have to be made worthwhile for humans to risk running away from their team to go execute a vampire by hand. I guess the vamps could drop eldritch energy to refill their ability timers or something like that. Maybe it could do something good for teammates or have some effect on health stations.
http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Eldritch_energy

Vampires would been a way of getting an advantage too though.

Blackatana1
28th Apr 2015, 15:16
a body in stasis should not be movable. This allows the humans to retake the spot where the bodies are to guard them. They should still be on a timer ( an extended one) so they go bad. It would be somewhat problematic for pug groups too.

after a human wipe 1 body gets put in stasis. The humans have camped in a different location. a vamp goes in and gets tore up. He runs off to feed on the stasis body clear across the map. His vamp allies will probably engage before he is back ( pug group afterall) leaving them down a team mate. Then the lone vamp will either come back and have to wait for his buddies to respawn or go in by himself if he is impatient.

In premades. it will slow down the game some. "hold on everyone, lets let bob go feed and come back before we engage."

I just don't know what to think about the idea honestly. Perhaps the humans could destroy the cocoon making the body go bad, but if thats true then why bother doing it as the humans will almost always do that.

Edit: I can also see situations where both teams are hurt badly. The vamps go feed and the humans use the time to hit up health stations, causing the entire engagement to be a wash.

GenFeelGood
28th Apr 2015, 16:05
Only a lot of the time, the vamps don't have any or enough bodies to feed while humans can get topped off by just one station in that scenario.

Blackatana1
28th Apr 2015, 16:53
That is a good point. In which case I see it being a detriment to vampires overall. It encourages them to be spread out and reduces the coordination of attacks as it increases the potential for a vamp to not be around/ready to engage. That is for puggers.

For premades its may become not worth it to hold off the attack while 1 or 2 vamps go feed and allow all the humans to heal up and they might be ignored entirety.

Ygdrasel
29th Apr 2015, 18:43
maybe gain ammo back from doing an execute to a vamp

Nonsense. But they should have something, and I believe it's already planned.

As to the OP...That wouldn't preserve blood because they aren't unconscious. They're dead. My take on it: (Un)dead things in Blood Omen were filled with black blood that harmed when ingested. When things in Nosgoth die, the blood begins converting into black (dead) blood. The current timer is the window where the blood is still red and beneficial. Hanging the meat would not halt the conversion of the blood. (This would also be why the Zephonim cocoon live prey rather than stockpile corpses.)

As for cocooning, if a vampire needs food, drag it to them. If nobody does, somebody just bite the corpse and move on. At best, I see this turning into 'vamps are sitting ducks guarding cocoons' or 'cocoons are left unguarded, destroyed, rendered worthless'.