PDA

View Full Version : Anyone likely playing TR10 on Xbox 360? (Nixxes)

Relight-TRHQ
22nd Apr 2015, 22:21
I don't have an Xbox One, but I do have a 360. Since it's coming to Xbox first, I'll probably play it on 360 before it makes its way to PC. I'm wondering if the 360 is going to come at the same time as the Xbox release, or if it will be released at the same time as the PC version? Has there been any information about that?

Anyway, of any number of potential companies who could work on it, I'm glad that Nixxes is a part of team Tomb Raider again. They've had a really solid track record in my opinion of the few games I've played by them, going back to DX:HR, which I didn't even realize was a Nixxes port on PC at the time - that's what I get for not paying attention to the opening logos :) They're pretty thorough about stuff like assigning custom keys on PC, whereas other games are sometimes frustratingly not thorough. I haven't heard anything, maybe someone else has, but I'm assuming (and hoping) that they're going to handle the PC version of ROTTR as well.

Treeble
22nd Apr 2015, 22:48
I will, but I'm not as optimistic about it as you are... I do hope we're treated some footage prior to release, but either way I'd still be getting it... (No Ones for me in the near future.)

Rai
22nd Apr 2015, 22:51
Apparently, both Xbox versions releasing at the same time. I'm pleased Nixxes are in charge of the 360 version, they've proven they can do an excellent job with ports.

I'm glad Rise is coming to the 360 as at the time of announcement, I didn't think it would and I didn't think I'd be playing the game on day one due to not having a next gen console. But I do now, so I doubt I'll get the 360 version as well.

Driber
22nd Apr 2015, 23:32
Well, technically they didn't say that XB1 and 360 versions will both be released on the same day, but I would be really surprised if they wouldn't. I think it's safe to assume they will.

As for a PC version, I would be even more surprised if Nixxes wouldn't do the PC version of TR10 as well. They've done all the PC versions of TR games since like... TR Legend.

IvanaKC
22nd Apr 2015, 23:58
Anyway, of any number of potential companies who could work on it, I'm glad that Nixxes is a part of team Tomb Raider again. They've had a really solid track record in my opinion of the few games I've played by them, going back to DX:HR, which I didn't even realize was a Nixxes port on PC at the time - that's what I get for not paying attention to the opening logos :) They're pretty thorough about stuff like assigning custom keys on PC, whereas other games are sometimes frustratingly not thorough. I haven't heard anything, maybe someone else has, but I'm assuming (and hoping) that they're going to handle the PC version of ROTTR as well.

Yeah, there's nothing worse than to realize that some of the keys don't respond when you're adjusting keyboard controls. Having played DXHR as well as LAU, I must say they did a good job so far except TR Underworld - it was a hell to get the mouse buttons to do anything other than the default.

A little off topic, but it's been announced that they are handling DX Mankind Divided PC port too. :)

AdeleDazeem
23rd Apr 2015, 08:50
I trust Nixxes will make the best port they can possibly make, I've never had any problems with their previous projects. I don't have a 360, but I wanted to buy one at some point anyway. There's Gears of Wars, Halo some Rareware games I'd like to play. A buddy offered me his 'almost brand new' 360 E for 100EUR, so it won't be too pricey.

a_big_house
23rd Apr 2015, 15:05
Yep! I've got the 360 version pre-ordered and if they announce a PS4 version later on, I'll likely pick that up too :D

Tecstar70
23rd Apr 2015, 15:21
I trust Nixxes will make the best port they can possibly make, I've never had any problems with their previous projects. I don't have a 360, but I wanted to buy one at some point anyway. There's Gears of Wars, Halo some Rareware games I'd like to play. A buddy offered me his 'almost brand new' 360 E for 100EUR, so it won't be too pricey.

I'll be on Xbox One, but I have noticed 360 prices going down recently particularly for the older versions or the 4GB slim.

Gitb97
23rd Apr 2015, 21:08
Yep! I've got the 360 version pre-ordered and if they announce a PS4 version later on, I'll likely pick that up too :D

Where did you preorder from?

Tecstar70
23rd Apr 2015, 22:05
Where did you preorder from?

It's on Amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rise-Tomb-Raider-Xbox-360/dp/B00KJGYGZU

a_big_house
24th Apr 2015, 06:21
Yup, Amazon :D

AdeleDazeem
24th Apr 2015, 09:12
I'll be on Xbox One, but I have noticed 360 prices going down recently particularly for the older versions or the 4GB slim.

Yeah.. but I don't want the 4GB version. I don't mind spending just a little bit extra to spare me the deleting and external HDDs and etc. And I probably want the E version, I hear too many people complain about all the others :/

Tecstar70
24th Apr 2015, 09:37
Yeah.. but I don't want the 4GB version. I don't mind spending just a little bit extra to spare me the deleting and external HDDs and etc. And I probably want the E version, I hear too many people complain about all the others :/

Well my 250GB slim is still going strong and I've never had an issue with it. Just be careful with the E version as I believe they removed some ports off the back. Thats why some people prefer the S.

AdeleDazeem
24th Apr 2015, 10:13
Well my 250GB slim is still going strong and I've never had an issue with it. Just be careful with the E version as I believe they removed some ports off the back. Thats why some people prefer the S.

Yeah? Thanks for the warning. *Googles. It has HDMI and AC ports. That's all I need :)
I'm between the S and E. You see the Slim fairly often for neat prices, so I might end up with that one.

Gitb97
24th Apr 2015, 13:56
Yup, Amazon :D

It's on Amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rise-Tomb-Raider-Xbox-360/dp/B00KJGYGZU

Thanks guys :p

Peritvs
25th Apr 2015, 13:26
Check out the Q&A #22 @MagnaBass18 asked a good question and Brian Horton said that he's amazed with how much Nixxes is keeping up with CD development.

I plan on getting the 360 version and now I'm a little more confident that it's going the be an exceptional experience because he said they're gonna play pretty much the same.