PDA

View Full Version : "This is Nosgoth" with Jason Kaplan on ESLTV - TODAY

Saikocat
21st Apr 2015, 10:28
A few months back, the ESL kicked off weekly and monthly matches for Nosgoth with the Beta Cup series, giving you all a place to compete in matches against other teams, winning prize money (and now Runestones, too!) in the process. It has been fantastic to see the high-level gameplay take off and see all these teams develop. If you haven't been keeping up with the ESL matches, or you're new to Nosgoth in general, fear not...

Later today (April 21st) the ESL will be hosting a live show to introduce the game and some of the top players to everyone! Tonight at 7PM CET / 6PM GMT / 2 PM EST / 11AM PST, Jason Kaplan will present "This Is Nosgoth (http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/global/news/255417)" LIVE from the ESL TV Studios in Cologne, Germany.

Jason will be joined by one of the top Nosgoth teams - Dead Sun Zenith - who will talk him through the competitive side of the game, and if we're lucky, they might share some strategies with us! ;)

During the stream, they'll be playing Nosgoth live, so make sure you have downloaded the game and you might get a chance to join in as well. And who knows, there might be some goodies up for grabs, too.... Don't miss it!

http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/global/news/255417

Equanimityjohn
24th Apr 2015, 04:51
Is the a VoD of this available anywhere?

I think repeats of these kinds of events, through something more familiar such as Twitch, would be a great idea in the future. ;)

Da_Wolv
24th Apr 2015, 07:57
Is the a VoD of this available anywhere?

I think repeats of these kinds of events, through something more familiar such as Twitch, would be a great idea in the future. ;)

1) The VOD is available on Twitch
2) For the future, dont play copyrighted music in the pre-show, coz the first 30min of the VOD are muted because of it.
EDIT: It seems that problem was sorted out. Still, the music was/is horrible anyway, might as well play it safe.

and most importantly:
3) The Stream was boring - in my opinion.
If you want to watch Dead Sun play and chat, just watch HexMe's or Silent's Stream. At least there you wont have to watch a complete noob struggle with the basics of the game. (Misusing skills or just not using them at all, dying without doing any damage repeatedly asf.)
There are tons of streamers that do that already, too.

Going forward, I hope this Twitch space is used to cast the Cups, once a decent spectator mode is in the game and someone is willing to do it.

Saikocat
24th Apr 2015, 15:33
Well, it was more of an intro to the game for players familiar with the ESL, and less so with Nosgoth.
But if you want to watch cups/tourneys, stay tuned... ;)