PDA

View Full Version : "You are being controlled by a Deceiver."

Ygdrasel
15th Apr 2015, 23:07
Yeah...Thanks for that. I couldn't tell, what with the lack of control and visual effect that are both uniquely indicative of a Deceiver's mind control. It'd sure be great if distracting useless text didn't pop up to break my focus and immersion while simultaneously insulting my intelligence. So...Like...Could it not? :scratch:

Ghosthree3
16th Apr 2015, 00:29
I think it's there for newer players that don't know what's going on. I honestly don't recall seeing the message so it can't be that intrusive.

Cristari
16th Apr 2015, 11:03
an option for help text display to be turned off would be nice. I cant say I have ever seen it. I'm not often Dominated though.

Ygdrasel
22nd Apr 2015, 00:05
I think it's there for newer players that don't know what's going on. I honestly don't recall seeing the message so it can't be that intrusive.

Intrusive enough. A second's lost focus can be enough to screw things up in a fast-paced game, and a break in immersion is just lousy design. And it's not as if players can't put it together without the tip. Hand-holding that caters to the weakest links may be the trend in today's games but it should at least be optional.

DesolatedMaggot
22nd Apr 2015, 02:54
Didn't even know this was a thing.