PDA

View Full Version : Please Put This Small Touch In Mankind Divided!

GeneralDiscussion
15th Apr 2015, 06:14
I hope someone from the team is reading this but please add this in MD, please add the small touch of being able to see Adam's legs when looking down; this is a small feature but one that would add great immersion, thank you and I hope you take my opinion into account :D

JCpies
15th Apr 2015, 20:48
I agree, More games should do this.

Falconer084
23rd Apr 2015, 14:15
Not just legs! If you look down now you'll see you have a body too. Let's look down and see the arms holding the gun, let’s see the ammo on our belts, our clothing or armor.

Pinky_Powers
23rd Apr 2015, 14:30
Didn't FEAR do a good job with this? It's been a long time since I played it, but I seem to remember it having good body awareness.

If EM does let us see Adam's legs, I would very much like it if he were pantsless.

nomotog
23rd Apr 2015, 14:36
Some times it adds immersion, other times... Well you look down at your feet and you see how bad your run cycle is.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd Apr 2015, 14:42
I have no objection to glimpsing Adam's legs. :cool:

Pinky_Powers
23rd Apr 2015, 14:44
I bet you don't. :naughty:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd Apr 2015, 14:49
I don't know what you're implying.... :eek: :o

:whistle:

:naughty:

IvanaKC
23rd Apr 2015, 16:13
I have no objection to glimpsing Adam's legs. :cool:

Sure, legs... But what if they are augmented? :eek:

xaduha3
23rd Apr 2015, 16:33
It is revealed in the comic that his legs are mechanical from just above the knee down.

But you ain't got no legs that aren't mechanical from just above the knee down, Lt. Dan!

IvanaKC
23rd Apr 2015, 16:53
But you ain't got no legs that aren't mechanical from just above the knee down, Lt. Dan!

Can't read it without southern accent. :lol:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd Apr 2015, 17:37
Sure, legs... But what if they are augmented? :eek:

Never a problem... why should it be. Its the heart and the mind of a man that are his most important assets. :p

Pinky_Powers
23rd Apr 2015, 18:03
What if his heart was IN his legs?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd Apr 2015, 18:40
I don't care where his heart is located...so long as he has one. :D

IvanaKC
23rd Apr 2015, 19:08
Never a problem... why should it be. Its the heart and the mind of a man that are his most important assets. :p

I don't notice legs first either when it comes to guys so you might want to grip your Jensen a bit tighter. :p

Avenging_Teabag
23rd Apr 2015, 19:37
I don't notice legs first either when it comes to guys so you might want to grip your Jensen a bit tighter. :p
Hold on to your Jensens ladies, lest they hop away on their mechanical legs. ;)

DX1musicROCKS
23rd Apr 2015, 23:36
It would be a nice touch, I agree.

CyberP
24th Apr 2015, 02:32
LOL NO why would we implement such a feature when we have you swapping to third person constantly in cover, aug and takedown scenes, ladder climbing and movie cutscenes; there's no need as you will see Jensen many times over the course of the game. Our priority is to make the game more shiny. /s

Pinky_Powers
24th Apr 2015, 03:15
Our priority is to make the game more shiny. /s

I've already put in a personal request for a cellophane option in the graphics settings. The request was accompanied by a pair of my boxers, fresh off my body after three days of hard use. A most sexy token if ever there was.

IvanaKC
24th Apr 2015, 12:01
Our priority is to make the game more shiny. /s

Yeah, let's make them replace black with silver. Gold and silver are waaay more compatible. :p

Shralla
25th Apr 2015, 17:22
Literally no chance of this. Them implementing first-person legs would imply that they give a **** about first-person gameplay. Which they don't.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Apr 2015, 18:14
They don't care about 1P gameplay? :scratch:

CyberP
26th Apr 2015, 03:47

Certainly not very strongly. There are a number of reasons that make this apparent:

-Core Stealth gameplay based on radar, third person cover and third person takedowns. Takedowns are the only infinite resource for taking out enemies (substituting FP melee weapons).
-Somewhat simplistic sound systems & no light-based stealth ideal to first person stealth. No first person leaning.
-JFD's recent design history is in third person design; Rainbow 6. Naturally, this history influences his approach to design. This also shows in the DX:HR control scheme on consoles, which is one that prioritizes the standard third person control setup (and the controls in the console version cannot be rebound).
-It can be argued that all these third person mechanics existing to begin with is evidence that they don't stand strongly for first person gameplay, as third conflicts with first in some respects.
-First Person iron sights of revolver & shotgun bugged. Third person is polished to "perfection". Can't really come to any real conclusion with this point as it could have been a last-minute **** up that was out of their hands, but we can still speculate that there was a lack of care when handling the sights for this to happen and not be rectified.

The First Person mechanics in DX:HR did have a lot of care put into them too overall, naturally. They obviously cared for it, but I do certainly get a sense of them (or just JFD) favoring third person overall. Ultimately we can only speculate. Some designers seem to just pull design decisions out of their backside, and if that was the case in this instance then we could just be misled by madness.

FrankCSIS
26th Apr 2015, 04:31
Body awareness can be pretty shweet, but the first person touch I'd like to see is some bloody mantling.

Replaying HR for the first time since purchase last night, Hengsha winded up annoying me a lot more than it should have, really purely for lack of mantling. I don't remember being this annoyed in the initial playthrough, so I s'pose it's mostly because this time I've been trying to do some proper vertical exploration in that level, and it just wasn't designed for it, despite its multi-level layout. Hunting for ladders suddenly seems very silly.

Shralla
26th Apr 2015, 04:52

You are encouraged to go into third-person for both stealth and combat. The only part of the game where first-person gameplay is in any way the focus is getting from point A to B. If they cared about first-person gameplay, they would implement first-person leaning in addition to third-person cover, and completely eliminate the need to go into third person to accomplish any task, leaving it optional instead.

Pinky_Powers
26th Apr 2015, 05:39
The only part of the game where first-person gameplay is in any way the focus is getting from point A to B.

Unless Point B is at the top of a ladder.

JCpies
26th Apr 2015, 12:02
I might be a bit late to chime in on the legs debate, but I have had a good experience with a "standing desk" set up, I used it for about three years and it had a positive impact, not just on my legs.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Apr 2015, 17:52
You are encouraged to go into third-person for both stealth and combat. The only part of the game where first-person gameplay is in any way the focus is getting from point A to B. If they cared about first-person gameplay, they would implement first-person leaning in addition to third-person cover, and completely eliminate the need to go into third person to accomplish any task, leaving it optional instead.

So, its not that they 'don't care'; its merely a design choice that you don't like; or you feel they need to improve upon.
Fair enough, I get you now.
I prefer 1P too but don't mind some 3P if implemented well. Depends.

JCpies
26th Apr 2015, 20:31
They should put an end to this debate once and for all.

During Mankind Divided, Adam Jensen is equipped with a drone that follows him around. This drone has a camera which is connected directly to Adam's brain. Therefore, while you are playing the game in "third person" perspective, it's not actually the case, you would technically be playing it in "first person" because you would be seeing what Adam sees.

Get what I mean?

Shralla
26th Apr 2015, 21:59
That would explain the sociopathic tendencies.