View Full Version : DX:MD fully ghostable according to Jean-François Dugas

Kodaemon
14th Apr 2015, 18:27
Even the boss battles :D

https://twitter.com/Jeffachoo/status/586909773939011584

I cannot express how happy this makes me :thumb:

Spyhopping
14th Apr 2015, 18:31
Awesome! Best news I've heard on it yet!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Apr 2015, 19:35
Seconded! :cool:

JCpies
14th Apr 2015, 19:54
J F Dugas he's our man, if he can't do it no-one can!

Gooo Dugas!

68_pie
14th Apr 2015, 20:09
Will believe it when I see it. And hopefully I see it.

WildcatPhoenix
14th Apr 2015, 21:58
Will believe it when I see it. And hopefully I see it.

I understand (and share) the skepticism, but I'm going to choose to be excited about this. It's the first positive thing I've read about DXMD so far, and hopefully that trend continues.

CyberP
14th Apr 2015, 23:03
Too bad the stealth is still going to consist of cover humping, awesome button pressing, super radar viewing & perhaps regenerating invisibility spamming also.
I'll stick to the "enhanced" gunplay if that is the case rather than trying both playstyles...or perhaps I'll get curious and add self-imposed limitations for stealth.

Auric180
15th Apr 2015, 06:36
As someone who did the silent treatment for telltale games...

I wonder if all ghost could mean, Jensen practically ignore everything happening around him.
Which I doubt, I'm sure he's accomplishing his goals.

But it begs the question of, if he's bypassing everyone, so that means the enemy still have a huge army and will be causing chaos between forces or will there be an unavoidable circumstances that will neutralise certain group or all.

Or we will controlling each factions with an invisible hand.
:)

Question:
Does KO everyone stealthily also gets ghost achievement?
If that's what he's talking about... Oo

Dvaythavvar
15th Apr 2015, 10:05

Question:
Does KO everyone stealthily also gets ghost achievement?
If that's what he's talking about... Oo

If we go by HR, then ghosting was just not being seen by anybody, you were able to takedown, just you had to hide bodies.

I do hope to see some changes to stealth system. It was fine on Normal difficulty, but would love to see cover hopping to be removed from hardest difficulty or something similar.

I welcome full ghost option myself.

Auric180
15th Apr 2015, 10:49
If we go by HR, then ghosting was just not being seen by anybody, you were able to takedown, just you had to hide bodies.

I do hope to see some changes to stealth system. It was fine on Normal difficulty, but would love to see cover hopping to be removed from hardest difficulty or something similar.

I welcome full ghost option myself.

Thanks, must be why I still get some ghosts when I played, and still KO people

Just curious
Is it that hard to not use cover mode?
Whenever I hear for that request, sounds like people are asking to make the game easier,
because its difficult not to do something.

I forgot what key binding it was, does the button get in the way often?
:(

Irate_Iguana
15th Apr 2015, 12:51
Too bad the stealth is still going to consist of cover humping, awesome button pressing, super radar viewing & perhaps regenerating invisibility spamming also.

I wouldn't even mind that if the AI was good enough that you really would need to. I'd still like to have everything in 1st person, let's put that up front. I know that it won't happen since that isn't cinematic enough. The next best course of action is making sure that the AI is competent enough that this 3rd person crap is needed. Make it a challenge to stealth and it won't annoy me as much that I'm forced to keep changing perspective.

Dvaythavvar
15th Apr 2015, 20:02
Thanks, must be why I still get some ghosts when I played, and still KO people

Just curious
Is it that hard to not use cover mode?
Whenever I hear for that request, sounds like people are asking to make the game easier,
because its difficult not to do something.

I forgot what key binding it was, does the button get in the way often?
:(

Yes, it can be done. But there's something 'special' on 1st play trough and that experience counts. When you start limiting yourself right away, it does take away something from that genuine experience.

I do not ask it be removed, but I would like AI to be smarter - spot my cover-hops(hear them if not see me, and make sure to investigate area), would notice my laser sights (you as player see them when AI uses them, why AI shouldn't see yours?), or spot me, when i am on the line of sight peeking around corners or edges - AI should be more curious and aggressive towards unknown sounds and movements. Use of cover shouldn't be so safe.

As for whole 1/3 pov I think when you start game they should add an option : Full 1st person or Hybrid. I.e. in skyrim you can turn off the occasional 3rd person kill animations, all hud, and alter almost anything without even need mods.