PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES What about new abilities for older classes?

LorenCole
14th Apr 2015, 11:45
Since I've started to play the game I've seen only three new abilities, a part of course the ones coming out with new classes.

"Immolation","Infect", and "Whip". Only this three.

Characters like the Zephonim, Melchahim, Prophets... in a RPG point of view they're "casters". They lack in physical strength but they should have a vast range of abilities to compensate this weaknesses.

Plus, more abilitites means more customizations, and more customizations means more money, you all know that.

Cody_The_Wiser
14th Apr 2015, 16:35
More COSMETIC customization means more money. No one is lazy enough to purchase a weapon or skill with actual money rather then earn the gold to rent or purchase it in game. Regardless, I agree. The classes need more skills and Psyonix shouldn't be too hasty with releasing them. One skill every few months is boring. It'll get old and if the skill is sub par the meta will return to its previous state. Release like 3 or 4, at the very least, in large updates so that way things stay varied for awhile.

-Konf-
14th Apr 2015, 17:16
Absolutely agree, I'd love to see some new skills and it feels like it's about time. Even if they aren't at the top competitive level (as Corey mentioned, not every ability in this game will be tuned for that) - it'd still be fun.

Even though it feels like Vanguard and Summoner are the first in line (especially when it comes to their secondary abilities) - other classes could really use some love too.

My biggest problem with releasing new skills though (as with all new content) is that it just keeps increasing the pile of bugs as the old ones take a while to get fixed or have been left forgotten. Despite really wanting to see more skills in this game, I'd prefer the old ones get fixed and polished up first.

One skill every few months is boring. Release like 3 or 4, at the very least, in large updates so that way things stay varied for awhile.
I'd love new abilities, but personally I'd prefer skills to be released one-by-one, say each month or so. That way we get to assess the balance while the other content can be pushed out. The problem with releasing the whole bunch, in my opinion, is that it becomes harder to objectively evaluate balance of each ability when the chaos erupts.

IKathaarI
14th Apr 2015, 19:58
If you read the description for the new achievement for summoner it mentions a new ability for her, actually a few. Like a screamer ghoul that seems to sub and paint a target.

IKathaarI
14th Apr 2015, 20:08
Kill an enemy you cannot see with the summon screamer ability, prevent 3 teammates from stumbling in 1 life as the vanguard (new ability that gives everyone stun resistance?) And absorb 50,000 dmg with summoners abyssal barrier or deathly shield ability. All of these imply new abilities in the works for these classes.

ParadoxicalOmen
15th Apr 2015, 22:16
For the summoner i thought of maybe some type of shield that could reflect the normal shots (not abilities), but maybe this would be too good??(make shield absorb 80% dmg and reflect 20%?)

For the Vanguard i though of having an ability that makes you able to block a load of damage with shield, at the cost of not not being able to attack (holds shield with both hands)

Prophet could have "Taint body" ability, that would make any dead member blood's into the black blood that vampires cant feed...so essentially it would unable vamps to feed from a specific body.

Ygdrasel
15th Apr 2015, 23:04
Prophets...They lack in physical strength...

Ha. Good joke.

Many more ability options should be implemented. Though I fail to see how this would equate to more money unless you're suggesting we be charged for them.

@Paradox: That's a bad idea for the Prophet. The vamps already only have one inconvenient way to heal. And doesn't blocking already prevent attacks?

ParadoxicalOmen
16th Apr 2015, 01:55
@Paradox: That's a bad idea for the Prophet. The vamps already only have one inconvenient way to heal. And doesn't blocking already prevent attacks?

Vanguard block prevents 90% damage (not 100%), and has a damage cap of 800 i think...so that's like 4 attacks before shield fails...

And about prophet...you gotta remember that it would be a very specific ability...meaning it would only serve if your teammates died, and you were still alive.
It also means that you have 1 less ability...so its a tradeoff really. You are less offensive (or supportive) but on the other hand you stop vamps from healing on one body.

GenFeelGood
16th Apr 2015, 04:26
I have been aching for a shield wall ability for the Vanguard, one that can stop or divert a Tyrant charge/marathon by momentarily making you like a fixed, stationary wall and I'd also like it to extend to Sentinel abduct/kidnap as well the Reaver pounce; but only if they hit the shield head on, the sides and back of the Vanguard should still be vulnerable.

For deceiver I'd like an aoe mine, something to rig on health stations in order to render using them a potential hazard for the humans.

A vampire healing ability is long over do, give it either to the Sentinel or the Summoner.

A stomp attack for the Tyrant that launches humans towards him, imagine launching a human right straight into the path of your charge.

ParadoxicalOmen
17th Apr 2015, 03:34
Maybe a telekinetic attack/grab from the summoner? Something like her execution: http://www.nosgoth.com/blog_image/389/blog_large

There was a talk about giving the Tyrant something like a "bull charge"...similar to when a bull tackles you and you get dragged away with him.

GenFeelGood
17th Apr 2015, 04:07
Maybe a telekinetic attack/grab from the summoner? Something like her execution: http://www.nosgoth.com/blog_image/389/blog_large

There was a talk about giving the Tyrant something like a "bull charge"...similar to when a bull tackles you and you get dragged away with him.

Something like the Tyrant charging with both arms out, like with the new charged melee; and the first human he hits gets snatched in a big Tyrant Hug, then carried off and thrown to the floor when the charge is finished?

Ygdrasel
17th Apr 2015, 05:33

Rather see the Tyrant (or some new Turelim class) get telekinetic stuff. Summoner needs new ghouls, I think. Slayers are far too similar (and often inferior) to Stalkers...

Cody_The_Wiser
17th Apr 2015, 16:28
I'm loving the ideas for Tyrnat and agree completely with the shield wall ability for Vanguard and a new ghoul for the Summoner. Deciever definitely could do with a trap ability. There is nothing more satisfying (as scout) then trapping a body when you've become certain of the impending failure and as you run away you see the 100XP for getting a kill. Vamps should get to do the same for humans. I believe that the Deceiver's trap ability should replace his Q. This ability would work wonders with Dominate Mind.

Firehex
17th Apr 2015, 17:51
It will be really nice to implent new ability,but devs gonna make more skins instead =))

Vampmaster
17th Apr 2015, 18:37
It will be really nice to implent new ability,but devs gonna make more skins instead =))

Only because the prestige skins have been on their task list for longer. A lot of the content that's coming out now had been planned since this time last year. We'll probably get the prestige skins next, then crafting/trading, drag the body and ranked matched and abilities would be after that in the summer, then Rahabim in the autum. That's my guess anyway. They could still surprise us.

GenFeelGood
17th Apr 2015, 19:08
I suspect the Rahabim will be revealed in autumn and released around late winter, like the Deceiver and Summoner were; but like you say, they might surprise us.

Ygdrasel
17th Apr 2015, 19:40
I'm loving the ideas for Tyrnat and agree completely with the shield wall ability for Vanguard and a new ghoul for the Summoner. Deciever definitely could do with a trap ability. There is nothing more satisfying (as scout) then trapping a body when you've become certain of the impending failure and as you run away you see the 100XP for getting a kill. Vamps should get to do the same for humans. I believe that the Deceiver's trap ability should replace his Q. This ability would work wonders with Dominate Mind.

Deceivers aren't trappers though. They're mindbenders. Hallucinations and the like. No new abilities should be made just because "It's fun when the other side does it!".

GenFeelGood
17th Apr 2015, 19:47
Deceivers aren't trappers though. They're mindbenders. Hallucinations and the like. No new abilities should be made just because "It's fun when the other side does it!".

And they shouldn't be excluded because the other side uses something that falls into that category. Sorry but I really would like an ability that sabotages a healing station, a trap of some kind feels like the right method, and out of all the classes the Deceiver seems the most suited to utilizing it.

Cody_The_Wiser
18th Apr 2015, 00:47
And they shouldn't be excluded because the other side uses something that falls into that category. Sorry but I really would like an ability that sabotages a healing station, a trap of some kind feels like the right method, and out of all the classes the Deceiver seems the most suited to utilizing it.

Exactly. Any **** in this war could put down a mine. Why couldn't a vampire do it? I don't see how this would be game breaking. I don't see how this could stray outside the lore. The deceiver is perfect for a trap ability.

barthez36663
18th Apr 2015, 14:11
I would love the new ablities for old classes, especially deceiver. But NOTHING SHOULD STOP TYRANT CHARGE!. It would make him useles, its hard enough to play that class anyway. I dont know why people constantly want to stop charge, i guess its mostly from newbies. And there is actually a way to defend from charge- its on your space button ;)

ParadoxicalOmen
18th Apr 2015, 16:25
I suspect the Rahabim will be revealed in autumn and released around late winter, like the Deceiver and Summoner were; but like you say, they might surprise us.
I think we have enough classes for now...no need to rush Rahabim.
I'd much rather prefer they focus on making more abilities to give the game more variety!

I would love the new ablities for old classes, especially deceiver. But NOTHING SHOULD STOP TYRANT CHARGE!. It would make him useles, its hard enough to play that class anyway. I dont know why people constantly want to stop charge, i guess its mostly from newbies. And there is actually a way to defend from charge- its on your space button ;)

I'm assuming you're talking about our suggestion for Vanguard shield wall?
No one said it was gonna stop Tyrant charge. But this is something to think about...how should the vanguard react? It should be better than normal blocking ofc...
Perhaps it should goes as normal, but vanguard not take damage?
And what about Leap and Abduct?

PS:Just a valid reminder...If i'm not mistaken...Prophet's "Disabling curse" stops Tyrant's charge, but it isn't easy.

GenFeelGood
18th Apr 2015, 17:06
I'd much rather prefer they focus on making more abilities to give the game more variety!

I'm in no particular rush for the Rahabim. I would like 6 vs 6 when she arrives, so we could have the whole gang involved in matches; but I wouldn't mind if they held her til they had her evolved skin ready to be released at the same time.

barthez36663
19th Apr 2015, 19:58

I'm assuming you're talking about our suggestion for Vanguard shield wall?
No one said it was gonna stop Tyrant charge. But this is something to think about...how should the vanguard react? It should be better than normal blocking ofc...
Perhaps it should goes as normal, but vanguard not take damage?
And what about Leap and Abduct?

PS:Just a valid reminder...If i'm not mistaken...Prophet's "Disabling curse" stops Tyrant's charge, but it isn't easy.

Well yeah abduct should be blocked as well as other abilities. As far as charge goes hmm it shouldnt stop him but it can be made so that vanguard dont take damage or at least is not knocked down. I guess it would be better then stopping cos i dont see stopping a mountain of muscle with telecinetic force running wild on you ;p it would be silly. Reaver, senti etc. are not that big so it looks better, and it would force sentis to think a little before abducting. Cos now vanguard is sentis playing doll ;) And disabling curse make more sense since hmm its a curse not a human physically trying to block it. And it requires skill like you said ;) I dont want to anything stop charge cos it would make engage with tyrant too hard, engaging with vampires is hard enough already.

My suggestion to blocking charge would be taking some damage and a little stun by vanguard kinda like after leap attack on any human but no knockdown. Maybe it would make sense too with those crazy leaps from across the map and abducts from big height. And it would not affect him from close distance. It would make more sense and wouldnt be OP, and it would give a vanguard advantage over other humans so he could fulfill his tank role now.

Equanimityjohn
26th Apr 2015, 10:25
For great justice I bump this thread, so more people can give their suggestions of new skills for old classes. :P

ParadoxicalOmen
26th Apr 2015, 17:36
I was personally wishing for an idea of an alternate special ability for Sentinel. Abduct and Kidnap are essentially same mechanic...
While it's true sentinel has most diverse "F" abilities (secondary?), i still wish for something different...

Perhaps one of you would have some inspiration? ( http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Razielim )
Daniel Cabuco described them as: "Artisans, Philosophers, Spellbinders, Tacticians (death from above!), Blood Bankers, and manipulators." and said that "Razielim would use their spellcraft to spy on other clans, and manipulate them with a wry hand".

So far we've seen their Artisan (crafting air bombs) and Tactician side. I'm not sure if we can use their Philosopher, Blood Banker, and manipulator side to think of an ability pure based on these traits...BUT we can think of something towards their Spellbinder side (although echolocation could be considered as "[using] their spellcraft to spy" ).

Vampmaster
26th Apr 2015, 17:59
Echolocation could use a secondary effect, since it's not very useful by itself. Maybe the spellbinding could be part of that.