PDA

View Full Version : [Constructive] Feedback

cgerrr
7th Aug 2014, 18:57
Pros:
1. Solid gameplay.
2. Great design choices and visuals.
3. Intuitive and stylish UI.
4. Easy to get started but the game it seems has some depth to it.
5. Fair-ish business model.
6. Devs which actually can be seen on forums and it seems willing to listen to the community.

Cons:
1. Almost zero novelty.
Elaboration: There are games with asymmetrical gameplay like Natural Selection, Aliens vs Predators already: for me all novelty was gone after 3rd match.
2. No advanced movement methods, like at all.
Elaboration: I see that as a conscious choice because learning curve and discrepancy between new and experienced players would increase dramatically. However without advanced movement this game e-sport ambitions is questionable.
3. Stale gameplay after a while.
Elaboration: After a while gameplay degrades heavily into the same patterns because there aren't enough variables or things to do. Yes it's early access, but the main framework is there and it does not seem so promising in that regard at the moment.

4. Kind of a main point: There is not much of additional incentive to play consistently.
Elaboration: Aside from gameplay itself and unlocking new toys for the sake of unlocking new toys there is nothing to keep me playing further. I'm seasoned gaming veteran (30 yo) who played numerous games on a competitive level as well and for me and the likes this game does not provide much to strive or look forward to:

It's not a Valve game with its huge prize pools, heavy competition or steam marked/workshop, it's not a fighting game with its intricacies and tight knit game community, it's not hearthstone with its tension between constructed and arena, but mainly it's certainly not something which has any prospect of positively influencing my future in any way or providing experience I did not experienced beforehand.

As you can guess I won't play Nosgoth much or at all, consider that ^ my farewell gift to the community and Devs: you did a good job, but the times have changed and one need to improve/change accordingly in my sincere opinion.

Sanguise23
7th Aug 2014, 21:00
i thought good game play and fun was the only real reason to play anything

FireWorks_
7th Aug 2014, 21:28
Very solid post.

Your point 4 might find his counter in future features like crafting/modding items and trading items. Sounded like the Path of Exile model from what Ive read but nothing definitive is known yet.

A point you missed is the strong background story of all the LoK series. The community is pretty strong and proud in that regard. I honestly cant wait for you to tear down that argument in the light of todays gaming though. Beware of the claws and teeth...

Personally Im stuck with this game for now even when lacking endgame content or longterm motivation (got all classes to max, the 2x XP weekend is pretty worthless now...), just for sake of its great gameplay and the fun i get from it.

AreZee
7th Aug 2014, 21:29
2. No advanced movement methods, like at all.
Elaboration: I see that as a conscious choice because learning curve and discrepancy between new and experienced players would increase dramatically. However without advanced movement this game e-sport ambitions is questionable.

there is no "advanced movement" for humans, but the vampires have plenty of it. Sentinels flight can be sped up by side stepping and adjusting the direction to it with the mouse, pressing the space key (default) mid air to regain altitude faster and all vampires are faster when they do the attack/roll combo on ground.

Isn't that some sort of advanced movement or did I misunderstand your point?

FireWorks_
7th Aug 2014, 21:33
there is no "advanced movement" for humans, but the vampires have plenty of it. Sentinels flight can be sped up by side stepping and adjusting the direction to it with the mouse, pressing the space key (default) mid air to regain altitude faster and all vampires are faster when they do the attack/roll combo on ground.

Isn't that some sort of advanced movement or did I misunderstand your point?

And how advanced is that compared to rocket jumps, circle strafing, wall jump combos and alike? LMB,W+space,LMB,W+space is not exactly hard to pull off.

Sanguise23
7th Aug 2014, 21:37
And how advanced is that compared to rocket jumps, circle strafing, wall jump combos and alike? LMB,W+space,LMB,W+space is not exactly hard to pull off.
i have to agree movement could have some advancement without ruining balance

@OP do you have fun playing? do you only play games to get stuff? (not criticizing just trying to understand your thoughts)

AreZee
7th Aug 2014, 21:37
yeah okay, you got a point on that... didn't think of the complexity of rocket jumps and I played Q3 and UT back then too xD

my bad

TapxJames
8th Aug 2014, 12:27
It's not a Valve game with its huge prize pools, heavy competition or steam marked/workshop, it's not a fighting game with its intricacies and tight knit game community, it's not hearthstone with its tension between constructed and arena, but mainly it's certainly not something which has any prospect of positively influencing my future in any way or providing experience I did not experienced beforehand.[/I]

As you can guess I won't play Nosgoth much or at all, consider that ^ my farewell gift to the community and Devs: you did a good job, but the times have changed and one need to improve/change accordingly in my sincere opinion.

These things don't just happen over night so I'm not quite sure what you're saying in the quote other than nosgoth isn't for you and or you're too old for this ****.