PDA

View Full Version : DE:MD Preorder

Fest1984
9th Apr 2015, 12:19
Hi,

Like many people I'm keen to pre-order Deus Ex physical copy and support its development but at the same time, I don't want to pre-order the game now if there will be some collectors edition or enhanced version with additional features/benefits. Whilst its early could someone please at least confirm its more of a probability than possibility.

CyberP
9th Apr 2015, 12:29
I can tell you the chances are extremely high. It is an industry standard at this point; easy money. Like selling the same product twice. But hey, games are put on the market way too cheap considering the amount of money pumped into them. Though the quality is only worth a mere 60 dollars anyway, usually, regardless of the money invested as they are most often compromised art.

Also, I don't recommend pre-ordering: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/18/editorial-lets-not-pre-order-games-any-more-eh/
Though you may want to invest in these guys as an exception, it is still bad practice.

Specom
9th Apr 2015, 13:19
Like CyberP said, it is a bad business practice. There can be many disadvantages, for example, the game can be broken upon release, the game will have lots of DLCs that are not covered on any edition, the game will be badly optimised at launch, etc.

Or, you can wait for the Definitive/Remastered/Director's Cut edition (that includes all DLCs) one year later after the game release. :P

ZakKa89
9th Apr 2015, 15:13
there will be a collectors ultimate collectors definitive augmented edition dont worry

DX1musicROCKS
10th Apr 2015, 22:04
I hope the collector's edition doesn't come with starting bonuses. I feel like that breaks the balance in games.

Dr_Bob
10th Apr 2015, 22:10
I hope the collector's edition doesn't come with starting bonuses. I feel like that breaks the balance in games.

Yeah, the DLC weapons/tools and 10,000 credits given at the start of HR were kinda dumb.

I'm all for cosmetic pre-order DLC, but DLC that offers people who pre-order an advantage in the game needs to stop.

DX1musicROCKS
10th Apr 2015, 22:21
Yeah, the DLC weapons/tools and 10,000 credits given at the start of HR were kinda dumb.

I'm all for cosmetic pre-order DLC, but DLC that offers people who pre-order an advantage in the game needs to stop.

Exactly.

I don't mind some extras you can buy/get along the way, but it has to be taken into consideration when balancing the game. Like you said, it can't give players an advantage.

Dvaythavvar
11th Apr 2015, 11:38

I must say it did change a lot on HR experience for me. It allowed me to augment my character differently and skip some hurdles with ease as well gain bonus experience in process. While it sounds cool to give usable stuff, but I like genuine experience even when I have some fan edition of games. I personally prefer cool cosmetics like different armor, or visuals for weapons. And CD with soundtracks for my collectors editions.