PDA

View Full Version : Provide a completly pacifistic way to play

Blackmind3
8th Apr 2015, 19:55
I did love DE:HR but I did hate that I was forced to kill the bosses in the boss fights. Please make it possible to play the entire game without killing someone, this is a core element for the whole Deus Ex series, at least for me.

besyuziki
9th Apr 2015, 07:41
Yeah, you're certainly not alone. I think we've already made it very clear to the team. Whether they'll take it into consideration is a completely different thing of course.

zwanzig_zwoelf
9th Apr 2015, 08:01
bro pacifism is boring i prefer running around music wubwubwub action packed to the max and i kick another soldiers butt thats the point of deus ex and you cant deny it whats the point of being a supersoldier when you are forced to crawl in vents music woo woo woo and fear every single soldier what the hell bros youre a supersoldier for gods sake the game is designed for everyone to go out there and kick their butts :)

ZakKa89
9th Apr 2015, 09:08
According to gameinformer you don't have to kill bosses so don't worry. It will probably me more like the missing link

IvanaKC
9th Apr 2015, 18:06
bro pacifism is boring i prefer running around music wubwubwub action packed to the max and i kick another soldiers butt thats the point of deus ex and you cant deny it whats the point of being a supersoldier when you are forced to crawl in vents music woo woo woo and fear every single soldier what the hell bros youre a supersoldier for gods sake the game is designed for everyone to go out there and kick their butts :)

It's designed to play however you want. Pacifism could be even more action-packed because you have to try harder. If they significantly improve AI, I believe it'll be one hell of a game for all pacifists out there. ;)

zwanzig_zwoelf
9th Apr 2015, 20:17
It's designed to play however you want. Pacifism could be even more action-packed because you have to try harder. If they significantly improve AI, I believe it'll be one hell of a game for all pacifists out there. ;)

bro i understand that u might be afraid of killin ppl but i enjoy kicking asses music wubwubwub and im glad they put more effort into combat cuz original deus ex had bad graphics bad music bad combat and the worst stealth ever

Whirlo
9th Apr 2015, 21:17
You can be badass without killing anyone. I sure as hell felt like one when I (HR Spoilers) saved Malik without killing anyone. Just the whole area littered with battered up grunts and broken robots.

That said, I wouldn't worry about it. It's the same team as last time and they seemed to really understand the amount of bare-minimum decisions you needed to make a Deus Ex game a Deus Ex game. The only real problem was that the boss fights were outsourced to people who probably didn't get that, which I doubt will happen again :D

68_pie
9th Apr 2015, 21:35
bare-minimum

Accurate.

IvanaKC
9th Apr 2015, 21:37
bro i understand that u might be afraid of killin ppl but i enjoy kicking asses music wubwubwub and im glad they put more effort into combat cuz original deus ex had bad graphics bad music bad combat and the worst stealth ever

Afraid? I didn't say I play the full pacifist, but I like the challenge other than avoiding bullets in direct combat (I've played DXHR in both direct and pacifist way, but I like the something in between - stealth most of the time with silent kills using sniper).

However, how did you even get to play DXHR since you dislike most of the aspects of the franchise? You complained about the music in one of the threads and now you say that everything else is bad too? You do realize that, along with MGS, DX is famous for establishing the stealth genre? Besides, it's unfair to compare 15 years old games to modern ones. We started with a dozen of pixels and four buttons and look at us now playing games which often look better than real world - the graphics evolved and so did the gameplay mechanics.

Dvaythavvar
11th Apr 2015, 07:51
According to gameinformer you don't have to kill bosses so don't worry. It will probably me more like the missing link

I liked Missing link way myself too. I've played ML in many ways - open assault, stealth, combination of two and they all felt different and it added tons of game play value.It does change the feel and character, allowing you to build your own story. For some RPG value is useless, I suppose, but I like to forget everything around me and be in a story.

Allowing boss fights to be part of my game seamlessly depending how I approach the story, would be great game design. Hopefully the non-fight/kill options are not made too easy though. I like my games challenging and on balance.

dlux99
11th Apr 2015, 08:46
I don't mind, but taking the complete pacifist route and not killing any bosses shouldn't be easy either. I would like it to also be challenging.

My choice to spare (or kill) a boss should also be meaningful. It should have consequences if the the circumstances require it. Roleplaying FTW.

zwanzig_zwoelf
12th Apr 2015, 21:21
Afraid? I didn't say I play the full pacifist, but I like the challenge other than avoiding bullets in direct combat (I've played DXHR in both direct and pacifist way, but I like the something in between - stealth most of the time with silent kills using sniper).

However, how did you even get to play DXHR since you dislike most of the aspects of the franchise? You complained about the music in one of the threads and now you say that everything else is bad too? You do realize that, along with MGS, DX is famous for establishing the stealth genre? Besides, it's unfair to compare 15 years old games to modern ones. We started with a dozen of pixels and four buttons and look at us now playing games which often look better than real world - the graphics evolved and so did the gameplay mechanics.

I was hyped as hell, that's why. I hoped they'd turn the series I usually dislike (I loved Invisible War) into something better.
Except it wasn't like Invisible War. Hacking is bloated, I get lost in these levels, and conversations are too long. Also, stealth is boring, they need to take a step in Call of Duty direction or Devil May Cry.

MGS? You mean Metal Gear Rising? Yeah, it was really stealthy, in a good way. Run around, slash people, and music is lalala rocking and dubbing wubwubwub. Cool! I'd like to see a new Deus Ex like this,

IvanaKC
12th Apr 2015, 21:28
I was hyped as hell, that's why. I hoped they'd turn the series I usually dislike (I loved Invisible War) into something better.
Except it wasn't like Invisible War. Hacking is bloated, I get lost in these levels, and conversations are too long. Also, stealth is boring, they need to take a step in Call of Duty direction or Devil May Cry.

Then there are plenty of COD shooters and hack-n-slashes for you to play. DX is neither.

MGS? You mean Metal Gear Rising? Yeah, it was really stealthy, in a good way. Run around, slash people, and music is lalala rocking and dubbing wubwubwub. Cool! I'd like to see a new Deus Ex like this,

I hope this is sarcasm 'cause I'm really bad at recognizing it in written form...

zwanzig_zwoelf
12th Apr 2015, 21:34
Then there are plenty of COD shooters and hack-n-slashes for you to play. DX is neither.
I hope this is sarcasm 'cause I'm really bad at recognizing it in written form...

Hey, I love cyberpunk, so I am free to play whatever I want and express my opinion about it. No sarcasm, btw. :)
If you want to see an ideal Deus Ex game, play some Syndicate. Campaign is short and sweet, music is awesome and plot is indeed great. Try it!

IvanaKC
12th Apr 2015, 22:05
Hey, I love cyberpunk, so I am free to play whatever I want and express my opinion about it.

That you are. :thumb:
I have a feeling like you have one singular taste in games and you want every game to be exactly like that one way you like. Which, of course, you are free to do, but try and don't insult everything that is different. ;)

No sarcasm, btw. :)

In that case, we both know MGR wasn't stealthy one bit. I'm talking about good old 1998 MGS. However, you've explained yourself as someone who isn't a fan of stealth and I'll respect that.

If you want to see an ideal Deus Ex game, play some Syndicate. Campaign is short and sweet, music is awesome and plot is indeed great. Try it!

Judging by a few videos on YT, it could be worth a try though I'm not fan of direct FPS (that's why there's DX :p ). However, how can a perfect DX be a game which isn't DX? :lol:

Dvaythavvar
13th Apr 2015, 03:32

Talk abouty different opinions. I, as well, Liked invisible war, but I liked also HR hacking, conversations felt sometimes too short for the topic and stealth is fun, when it is not forced and HR actually does not force it. Well... they do due EXP and max augmentations, but gameplaywise they do not. And in Directors cut you can do much less stealth and non-lethal take downs due better exp overall.

Also do we need more pure-shooters ?