PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to play this for the 20th Anniversary?

Klona13
3rd Apr 2015, 09:21
P7aY6Y6-HjU

Tecstar70
3rd Apr 2015, 11:07
Not sure I understand the question? Maybe I'm just being thick...

Error96_
3rd Apr 2015, 13:42
I always have massive respect for Core and would LOVE to play their version of Anniversary. It looks more impressive and ambitious than Crystal's however from what I heard it got deleted after Crystal's version was chosen so don't think we will ever get the chance to play it.

a_big_house
3rd Apr 2015, 16:03
...It looks more impressive and ambitious than Crystal's...

Whut. It looks exactly the same other, than the level of detail in the environments is reduced (for obvious reasons) and the two-way shooting (which we got in Underworld).

So to answer the question, no, I'd rather have TR2 Anniversary :cool:

Error96_
3rd Apr 2015, 18:36
Whut. It looks exactly the same other, than the level of detail in the environments is reduced (for obvious reasons) and the two-way shooting (which we got in Underworld).

So to answer the question, no, I'd rather have TR2 Anniversary :cool:

The environments looks like they would have more detailed, intricate and quirky. CD TRA sometimes put the answers right in front of you like the start of Palace Midas rather than being more subtle and seemed like they cut corners on the Atlantis level's design a bit. The video looks gorgeous but this is hypothetical. I really want to see an updated version of Venice from TR2 so agree a TR2 remake would be good.

Tecstar70
3rd Apr 2015, 18:41
Ok, I get it now! Duh! :nut:

I'd rather see another TR remade too.

WinterSoldierLTE
4th Apr 2015, 00:10
I would play it out of curiosity, but if they just recycled the 'A.o.D.' controls (which I'm betting they did) then I wouldn't go out of my way to do so. The controls are the same as the elder TR's in 'A.o.D.', yes, but the platforms and level designs in 'A.o.D.' did not work well with them from as far as I got in it. I honestly believe CD did a great job with 'Anni'. It was similar enough to not be a total "re-imagining" (unlike, say, 'Silent Hill: Shattered Memories') but still new enough with some aspects it was a new experience for old TR fans.

I would much rather see 'TR2' remade. Or 'Last Revelation'. But 'T.o.O.' for me is close enough to 'LR' (story wise) that I'm comfy accepting that.

Rai
4th Apr 2015, 00:32
In all honesty? I would, of course, play it if it became available, out of curiosity. But I'm not bothered by having another TR1 remake for an anniversary. It looks gorgeous and I'm sure Core D would have made a fine and faithful remake had they the chance to finish it. But I'm more than happy with the version Crystal D made.

2016 marks the tenth anniversary of TR Legend. Perhaps CD will make a remake of that game only with larger areas and the stuff that got cut :p. I'd like to see something else to celebrate TR's 20th anniversary. Say, a Chronicles style game with 'fan favourites' levels. Not to make a coherent story or even linked, just a game full of well loved re-imagined levels.

WinterSoldierLTE
4th Apr 2015, 05:07
I'd like to see something else to celebrate TR's 20th anniversary. Say, a Chronicles style game with 'fan favourites' levels. Not to make a coherent story or even linked, just a game full of well loved re-imagined levels.

Yes. That was such a cool game because of the structure of it and the little self-contained chapter levels. I'd love another anthology like it. Of any kind.

Chocolate_shake
4th Apr 2015, 16:03
Um , I would love to play it , but I won't be dejected if it never comes out . The original TR still holds up pretty well for me despite the dated graphics and Crystal's anniversary remake was pretty satisfactory .

I would rather see some big , ambitious levels from the classics like Madubu Gorge , Temple of Xian be remade with the graphical fidelity of the reboot games .

Tecstar70
5th Apr 2015, 08:53
Based on the last Q&A I am not sure we will see any of the old Lara remastered any time soon.

a_big_house
5th Apr 2015, 10:01
Based on the last Q&A I am not sure we will see any of the old Lara remastered any time soon.

Based on the last year, I am not sure we will see Rise on PS4 any time soon.

They wouldn't even have to release it under the Tomb Raider name, they could remaster Anni and Remake TR2 and release a "Lara Croft Reraided" bumper pack or something, I'd buy that :D

Klona13
5th Apr 2015, 18:57
I'm pretty sure Core's Anniversary Edition exists somewhere within someone's possession guys.
I hoping someone leaks it for the sake of the 20th Anniversary. :p

Tihocan
6th Apr 2015, 23:07
Play? Yes. Pay for? No.

Why. Is. There. Star Wars. Music..? You're messing me up, Jake.

WinterSoldierLTE
7th Apr 2015, 01:16
^^^ Core used the Star Wars music without permission from Lucasfilm. I've heard that this preview was officially released for literally a day before they got a "cease and decist" from Lucasfilm. Allegedly (and again, this is just something that I've heard) Eidos were pretty miffed at Core for getting them in to some trouble with Lucasfilm and their threats of lawyers and that was one of the reasons TR was taken away from Core.

Again tho, this is just something I've heard, mind you. I can not confirm nor deny it's truth or lack thereof.

Gitb97
7th Apr 2015, 22:31
I answered 'No' because we don't need a third version of the original game.

AlexWeiss
7th Apr 2015, 23:08
I voted yes but I actually agree with Gitb97...

IvanaKC
8th Apr 2015, 12:57
It looks inferior to the TRA we already have. Voted "no" because I wanna see something new.

Manx_a_million
5th May 2015, 16:16
Does look really good but with us already having a TR1 remake is not so much point in a second one.

Chaugmar
6th May 2015, 10:56
That looks like a cool version of TR1 so yes sure I would like to play it. Not instead of a new game but would be a good side-title.

Bridgetkfisher
14th May 2015, 05:49
I thought the question was would we be playing ROTRR on the anniversary so I voted no... I dont get what the poll is referring to without any links or explanation :(

Rai
14th May 2015, 06:28
I thought the question was would we be playing ROTRR on the anniversary so I voted no... I dont get what the poll is referring to without any links or explanation :(

You didnt see the video in the op or the question in the poll that this is about Core's anniversary game? Or look at any of the posts discussing the topic?