PDA

View Full Version : Molten Event Drop Rate Booster (BUY IT)

ApollosBow
2nd Apr 2015, 20:29
The booster is a lot more effective than buying just one skin.

Just got my 3rd drop while using the booster drop, im about 40 games in (at most) so far got molten quick pistols, multi-canon and leap atck.....sucks that i got leap attack cause i have the immortal skin for it already, guess it'll come in handy for crafting or a trading.

Only 400 runes and its saved me 3200 runes, its by far the best store purchase iv made. 7-Day drop booster and there's 11 days left in event, anyone thinking bout it should get it. (For reference it took me about 20 games to get the first molten drop, maybe other will have even better luck than me and get first sooner )

UPDATE: Iv gotten 6 Molten drops now and 4 regular mystery items, have about 15 hours left on the booster, think I played about 100 games give or take a few. Might play for 2 or 3 hours tomorrow, who knows might get one more drop.

Just thought Id make a thread about this because I think people are grossly underestimating the benefits of the booster and weather it works, it doe's so get it if you like the molten weapons (Dont lie to yourself, you know you love them).

kLauE187
2nd Apr 2015, 20:33
raises your chance from like 1% to 2% so you are just pretty lucky.

ApollosBow
2nd Apr 2015, 20:39
raises your chance from like 1% to 2% so you are just pretty lucky.

These cant be the statistics, Id reckon its more like 3% to 6% or 4% to 8%.

RainaAudron
2nd Apr 2015, 20:45
I got two molten weapons without the drop booster.

ApollosBow
2nd Apr 2015, 21:02
I got two molten weapons without the drop booster.

so it gave me just an extra one..........or maybe you are the chosen lucky one :hmm:

Ghosthree3
2nd Apr 2015, 21:10
I've had 3 drop so far with no booster. Also I thought the booster was for mysterious only.

ApollosBow
2nd Apr 2015, 21:17
I've had 3 drop so far with no booster. Also I thought the booster was for mysterious only.

Really, dat would be to funny if it turned out like that.

RainaAudron
2nd Apr 2015, 21:54

It´s not though, Saikocat said it applies to all drops.

-Konf-
3rd Apr 2015, 08:45
It´s not though, Saikocat said it applies to all drops.
That's what I wanted to confirm. Does it apply to a general % to acquire loot? Because if that's the case it increases the chances of getting Green / Blue / Mystery / Exotic items as well as Boosters (don't we love those?).

Some more confirmation and potentially a description change to the booster would be appreciated. Contemplating to get one, but not sure without proper info.

RainaAudron
3rd Apr 2015, 09:20
...it applies to all drops.

That means it applies to everything - perks, uncanny, rare, MI and molten.

Ghosthree3
3rd Apr 2015, 10:39
In that case why is it called a Mysterious booster?

Rago600
3rd Apr 2015, 11:02
Imho not all MI are good,
The Disguise Abbility of my Deciver for example,i got this one Toxic,
if i get invisible the enemy has a higher chance to see my "Fly´s on my Arms" for a Short Time.

Just to mention it, also having MI on all Char´s results in spending a lot of Gold in charging them up.
So better use "Event" FX.It´s cheaper.

MI Booster is a nice idea.

_Kine_
3rd Apr 2015, 12:37
26 matches played since event.
1 x mysterious hellstrike
0 x molten

with booster I would've gotten

2 x mysterious hellstrikes
0 x molten

:P

WoG-Hazaa
4th Apr 2015, 12:23
Played approx 100 games and got 1 mysterious stormbow. Not even a perk on top of this. This whole event is just made to boost SE & Psyonix economy.. Ridiculous that you made event items only runestones. You've talked bout "everyone having a chance to loot them" well this doesn't seem to be the case since i've grinded 3 days like a madman.

Cristari
4th Apr 2015, 13:29
I haven't had 1 molten weapon yet with it but I have received 3 MI's during the event with it so I'm happy I have it.

WoG-Hazaa
4th Apr 2015, 13:37
Played 5 hours today and got nothing.. Not even 1 perk.

ApollosBow
6th Apr 2015, 02:12
I haven't had 1 molten weapon yet with it but I have received 3 MI's during the event with it so I'm happy I have it.

Some people are having trouble even with the booster...its still just down to luck I think, like going from 3% to 6% chance prob...still though happy you got something.

Tough luck anyone not getting anything, and good luck in future.

_Kine_
6th Apr 2015, 06:06
+20 matches with booster:

3 x Mysterious
2 x Molten
1 x Green

+30 matches before that without booster

1 x Mysterious

--Ram--
6th Apr 2015, 06:50

What not even a mild conspiracy theory this time? How times have changed. :poke:

SaintSugar
6th Apr 2015, 07:57
Probability to get any item is very low and looking at evidence it seems that random number generation code implemented to this system is just wrote bad way. Good random system wouldn't alove so often repeat same values and current one do it too often. As example if i already got 3 multibows MI in last few weeks(yes, there was no other MI past this time), system decides that...yeah another multibow just dropped. One day system give me in the row 2x abyssal bolts, but then when i unlock first property it was identical! I've got even screenshot of it.

Ofcourse rng system is all about luck, but isn't this strange, that values repeat so often, when they shouldn't? It's very high chance that you get item of same kind, then anything new. There is enough different items in pool so probability that i get again same item should be rather small.

With even from beggining i play at least few hours per day and at the moment i've got only 1 MI without booster. So yeah, from what i seen around, only ppl with drop rate booster got any chance to get event item.

-Konf-
6th Apr 2015, 08:48
So yeah, from what i seen around, only ppl with drop rate booster got any chance to get event item.
Not trying to make you feel bad for the horrible RNG that you've encountered, but that claim is incorrect. I know a bunch of people who have looted 3-4 Molten Items so far and without the help of the booster. Sadly, it's all just blind and stupid luck.

Those results, however, do point out that the new booster and the drop system itself could get some better adjustments.

In regards to getting the same items over and over - I agree with you that it's silly based purely on chances. There are 33 items to loot, so when the loot does drop it's 3% per particular item. Getting the same item 3 or 4 times in a row is just hilarious, but does adhere to the laws of RNG after all. Happened to both you and me, and I'm sure that many more people have had the same situations. Maybe Nosgoth Universe is telling us to buy lottery tickets with those odds.

WoG-Hazaa
6th Apr 2015, 09:45
I have played 150 games after event started without booster. Received 2x MI, 1x Uncanny and 1x 24h perk (these drops should be permanent perks also..). At first 100 games i received 0 drops and now at the last 50 games i've got all the loot.

SaintSugar
6th Apr 2015, 11:06
I explain in basis how bad implemented rng system works. Everyone probably should know about it, but maybe not all. For example it generates first number...then its high probability, that it will just repeat same generated number. Then finally after 3rd or 4th time it will change to something else, but its still high probability it will stay on same value. Looking at item drops...3 dual pistols in row, 3 stormbow in row, 3 sweeping kick in row, 2 swift bow in row, 4 multibows in row, 2 abyssal bolt in row, 3 marathons in row(its example partly on my situation) etc. This means that it stays on same value few times until it actually generate the new number. This is my evidence overall as that rng system is implemented wrong or just someone didn't even bother to do it properly. My brother is working in game industry and he is a programmer, so small basis of knowledge i've got from him and proper rng should be only, where probability to repeat same value is as small as possible, but looking as example how items were drop, it seems otherwise. Ofcourse i can't guarante, that this was just my horrible luck and game makes fun of me. Heheh...

I agree that "with only drop rate booster" was a bad claim, so yeah. After all its all rng, but this rng can work much better.

Vampmaster
6th Apr 2015, 12:17
I explain in basis how bad implemented rng system works. Everyone probably should know about it, but maybe not all. For example it generates first number...then its high probability, that it will just repeat same generated number. Then finally after 3rd or 4th time it will change to something else, but its still high probability it will stay on same value. Looking at item drops...3 dual pistols in row, 3 stormbow in row, 3 sweeping kick in row, 2 swift bow in row, 4 multibows in row, 2 abyssal bolt in row, 3 marathons in row(its example partly on my situation) etc. This means that it stays on same value few times until it actually generate the new number. This is my evidence overall as that rng system is implemented wrong or just someone didn't even bother to do it properly. My brother is working in game industry and he is a programmer, so small basis of knowledge i've got from him and proper rng should be only, where probability to repeat same value is as small as possible, but looking as example how items were drop, it seems otherwise. Ofcourse i can't guarante, that this was just my horrible luck and game makes fun of me. Heheh...

I agree that "with only drop rate booster" was a bad claim, so yeah. After all its all rng, but this rng can work much better.

I've been a games programmer for 8 years and I'm pretty sure you can't figure out what rng algorithm is being used just by playing the game. What I can say it that the best thing to use as the rng seed is the current time, because it's completely arbitrary what fraction of a second the player will start and end a game at, meaning the resulting value will be properly random as well.

SaintSugar
6th Apr 2015, 12:31
I've been a games programmer for 8 years and I'm pretty sure you can't figure out what rng algorithm is being used just by playing the game.
I can agree on this, i can't figure out what rng algorithm is, because of my overall knowledge on this factor, but my post is about, what i see as abnormal from my perspective.

Darkrami
6th Apr 2015, 14:45
i ve been playing nosgoth since the event with like 10 or more matchs a day hoping for a molten item but to date nada , its somehow frustrating ( i know its just a skin but its an exclusif one :P ). it would have been good if they had gold price :(

PollyEsther
6th Apr 2015, 22:54
RNGESUS was unkind to me, it seems drops stopped coming at all from the summonder patch to the start of this molten event i only got 1 uncanny item and one perk. that was a lot of games might I add. So long so I thought my drop chance was broken some how.

I have aquired the booster and so far got 3 mysterious items 2 savage pounces, the splitting axe(sigh) and 1 molren swift bow,

ApollosBow
7th Apr 2015, 03:05
UPDATE: Iv gotten 6 Molten drops now and 4 regular mystery items, have about 15 hours left on the booster, think I played about 100 games give or take a few. Might play for 2 or 3 hours tomorrow, who knows might get one more drop.

MuShYRoOM
7th Apr 2015, 14:28
I bought the drop rate booster and played about 30 games.

5x mystery items
4x molten items

weird drops were:
- won molten quick pistols and after another 2 games i won them again..
- won 2x mysterious piercing pistols after 2 matches in a row