PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix Easter Surprise 2015

Sifer11
31st Mar 2015, 16:19
I've paid for 5 games.
Why have I received 4 + 1/5 games..?
(..and what about Just Cause 1? Why should I play that game if I have Just Cause 2? Isn't it redundant? Isn't it another kind of rip off?)

Maniac23
31st Mar 2015, 16:22
5 games of which i already have 4 and the one i dont have cost 5€ and i dont even want to play it because its not my genre.
totally waste of money.

Some Final Fantasy wouldve been good but nooooo. only the crap old games are in this packages always.

WhiteMan69
31st Mar 2015, 17:02
That was my 3rd and last Bundle from Square Enix.
Hitman was in last package.
Crappy old titles, that probably no one wants to buy any more.
I fell like I was fooled.

Sifer11
31st Mar 2015, 17:18
This is my first bundle.
I've almost all the games.
Having many games on Steam I accepted the risk of finding duplicates.
The real problems of this bundle are at least three..and they are quite relevant:
1) 2 of 5 games are very old (Just Cause and Deus Ex)
2) 2 of 5 games are redundant (Just Cause 1 and Just Cause 2)
..and ABOVE ALL:
3) There aren't 5 games, but 4 + a piece of game!

If the first two points concern the disappointment
the third point concern the deception, and it is unacceptable.

Square Enix has to add a fifth game to our bundle or they have to refund us immediately.

Neme5is
31st Mar 2015, 19:17
i have 4 games + 2 coupons for new games...lol!? HEY SQUARE... I DIDN`T PAY FOR CRAPPY COUPONS (i have enough of them in steam already)!!!

- hitman would have been awesome... some years ago and i just bought the sniper challenge in december, otherwise it would have been "ok".
- life is strange... i would have skipped it, but ok...
- just cause? seriously? you have to be kidding...part 3 comes out this year afaik. how about a 50% coupon for release-day!?
- deus ex goty... now that must be an error, right!? i don´t know anyone without a version of deus ex already. deus ex: hr would have been better, but still too old.

so to sum it up...we payed more than €5,- for life is strange and got some old crap as excuse for it. life is strange sucks and i don´t want it even as the full release for 5,-

yeah, that bundle is bull**** and i want:
1. a 5th steam-key for a new game (e.g. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris) or
2. a full refund for this, because otherwise it is a scam!!

i´m not activating any of this ****...oh wait...i can´t, because i OWN THEM ALL. i have the square enix package on steam. do i need to say more? i guess...i was a good customer. times need to change i guess. we didn´t get anything for the risk we took by buying it. we should have bought bundles on humble or else.

and to those with 5 games...what is the 5th game? maybe some don´t get it, because of country restrictions like censored games in germany...

LOL... is it a coincidence, that i just now received 150 runestones for nosgoth in a mail!?

cheers, Neme5is

VanJeans
31st Mar 2015, 19:20
I agree, what on earth, they stated 5 games, they gave us 4. A collection is considered a one game purchase, you don't go into a store, buy a collection disc for a game and pay twice for it, it's a bundle. Square Enix has breached the consumers guarantees act here in New Zealand.

They really need to email everyone the 5th key for a game, or they are going to get a heap of disgruntled customers.

tigerpup
1st Apr 2015, 02:05
I'm requesting a refund. This was my very first time buying this bundle.

I thought it would be as good as the previous year not this pile of stinking crap... Unless this bundle is an april fools joke and they're adding better titles to this.

fyi Refund form here
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/apac_au/help/request-refund.php

Neme5is
1st Apr 2015, 10:53
I'm requesting a refund. This was my very first time buying this bundle.

I thought it would be as good as the previous year not this pile of stinking crap... Unless this bundle is an april fools joke and they're adding better titles to this.

fyi Refund form here
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/apac_au/help/request-refund.php

no refund form there...couldn´t find it anywhere else though. but i found something interessting in steam about the last bundles:

Square Enix Surprise Box 2014 - £4.99

• Thief – The Master Thief Edition
• The Last Remnant
• Murdered: Soul Suspect
• Lara Croft: Guardian of Light
• Deus Ex – The Fall
• Nosgoth Founders – Warlord Pack

Surprise Box 2013 - £4.99

• Tomb Raider
• Just Cause 2
• Hitman: Blood Money
• Dungeon Siege 3

damn... even the 2013 bundle is better, even compared to the 2015 now.

SQUARE ENIX REPLY TO US WHAT YOU WILL DO NOW!!! YOU SUCK FOR LYING TO US!!!
give us a new game like tomb raider: tempel of osiris or any other new game for scamming us with this crap. or even the full game of life is strange. or refund us our money!

manhunt2
1st Apr 2015, 13:52
Hi,

I bought Square Enix Easter Surprise 2015, now two of those games I should give them to some friends, the problem is: finding myself in Italy, while one works in San Diego, California, the other one in Taipei, Taiwan, I wondered can I still give away the keys, or there are regional blocks for the keys that I received?

Grimoire
1st Apr 2015, 14:24
The Square Enix Online Store customer support (https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=2600&la=2) should be able to answer your questions.

jorgeblz
1st Apr 2015, 18:38
It says:

For only £3.99 receive a cracking selection of 5 surprise Steam games, plus online store offers – the games are usually worth over £40 (RRP or equivalent).

Have we paid for offers and four games? I think I paid for offers and FIVE games. I want an answer and a solution to the problem, either a fifth game, a refund or something.

tigerpup
2nd Apr 2015, 14:28
no refund form there...couldn´t find it anywhere else though...

That link is the refund form.

I just got an email from paypal that Square Enix has given me a full refund. Looks like they aren't so bad after all.

I bet the staff even see this Easter Suprise is more of an April Fools joke.

Have we paid for offers and four games? I think I paid for offers and FIVE games. I want an answer and a solution to the problem, either a fifth game, a refund or something.

Looks like filling in the refund form is the way to go. 14 days from date of purchase so be quick.

I fell like I was fooled.

Atleast you can get a refund for falling for this April Fools Easter Suprise.

Maniac23
2nd Apr 2015, 14:43
That link is the refund form.

I just got an email from paypal that Square Enix has given me a full refund. Looks like they aren't so bad after all.

I bet the staff even see this Easter Suprise is more of an April Fools joke.

Looks like filling in the refund form is the way to go. 14 days from date of purchase so be quick.

Atleast you can get a refund for falling for this April Fools Easter Suprise.

your link only leads me here: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_de/
no refund thing there

But i found it by myself and requested a refund too. lets see what happens.

Neme5is
2nd Apr 2015, 14:43
the link brings me to the square-homepage/-shop and there is nothing about refund forms. i guess i have to look it up in the support.

what sucks a lot is that square isn´t even responding to us, why they lied at all... i want answers more than a refund (i still want that though) or the advertised 5th game, if it would be good.

after this cr.ap they will definitely never get a cent at release-day from me ever again. if square wants me to buy in key-shops to hurt them, they can have it.

tigerpup
2nd Apr 2015, 16:42
your link only leads me here: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_de/
no refund thing there

But i found it by myself and requested a refund too. lets see what happens.
Maybe that form link only works for asia pacific region. Glad you found the form for emea_de region. It's German right?

Kaliwirta
2nd Apr 2015, 17:27
Hi, so i accidentally removed my easter surprise mail with all the steam codes in it and wonder if there is some way to get it back, or are my codes lost forever? because i didn't see an option here to send a new one.

Sifer11
2nd Apr 2015, 23:22
"Dear Simone,
Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.
We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the SQUARE ENIX Easter Surprise.
We have passed on your feedback.
If you do not want the games, we can cancel the codes and escalate a refund request for you. Please confirm how you wish to proceed and we can then advise you further.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Kind regards,
The Square Enix Support Centre team"

"Hi,
thanks for your reply.
I never said that I don't want the games.
And this is not an economic problem.
We both entered into a contract in which I accepted the risk to find uninteresting games and You guaranteed a certain number of products.
I have done my part. Square Enix hasn't done its (I received 4 complete games instead of 5).
The refund doesn't seems the preferable way. It's too easy to correct a mistake by clearing all.
I have spent a little money, but a lot of time.
We have signed a definite agreement.
I would like to receive a complete fifth game."

"Dear Simone,
Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.
We are very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your order.
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do regarding this, it will not be possible to provide you a registration code for another game.
The Easter Bundle provided you with 4 registration keys that gave you access to 5 of our games including Hitman Sniper Challenge.
We can only pass on your feedback onto the relevant department and ask for a refund if you are interested.
We again apologise for any disappointment caused.
Kind regards,
The Square Enix Support Centre team"

That's All..

tigerpup
3rd Apr 2015, 02:12
That's All..

Yeah what a load of BS. It's an April fools joke on us. Plus hitman sniper challenge was given away for free at one point at a japanese website anyway.

What are you going to do now?

manhunt2
3rd Apr 2015, 14:05
I've paid for 5 games.
Why have I received 4 + 1/5 games..?
(..and what about Just Cause 1? Why should I play that game if I have Just Cause 2? Isn't it redundant? Isn't it another kind of rip off?)

I have received 4 games
Life is Strange Episode 1

Just Cause Collection

Hitman Absolution Elite Edition

Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition

i have deusex , hitman and just cause.

Neme5is
3rd Apr 2015, 16:32
just cause 1 and just cause 2... hilarious.
@Sifer11 did you just mail to support? i will get the refund, since i have everything and i don´t want "life is strange". the worst is, that the bundles from 2013 and 2014 are still better compared to the 2015 bundle.

codemasters showed how you keep customers happy. they released a new updated version of dirt3 for free for everyone who had the old version already. that´s a gift of over €20,-!! FOR FREE!!

MrChronos
4th Apr 2015, 11:46
Also very disappointed about this "surprise".
Hitman Absolution is the only Game being worth in the package. But I have this one already bought before.
Just Cause Collection is redundant and Just Cause 2 was in 2013 Ester Package as well! (Despite of being really old already).
Deus Ex? Really? A game from 2000? Next Surprise will include some games with dosbox emulator then?
And finally life is strange. Which would safe the pack if it would have been included complete, but only the first part?
You call PART 1 a full game?

Refund requested...

Maniac23
10th Apr 2015, 12:14
Got my money back today.

Neme5is
15th Apr 2015, 19:56
refund-form https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_de/help/request-refund.php