PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - March 31st, 2015

Saikocat
31st Mar 2015, 14:39
The Crucible

The Crucible map is now available!

The Inferno

The Inferno event is live to celebrate the Crucible opening. Molten weaponry and abilities are available in the store for a limited time and have exclusive magma visual effects. These items also will rarely drop after matches for the duration of the event.

Two unique banners are also available to commemorate the Inferno event.

Store

The Definitive Pack
This new bundle contains every locked character class, all common weapons and abilities in the game, and all future classes, common weapons and common abilities - into a single one-time purchase! It is now available in-game and on Steam.

Other Content

Uncommon and Rare versions of selected weapons and abilities are now available for purchase in the Store under the EQUIPMENT tab for a limited time
Two new Perk value bundles are now available that contain multiple perks at a steep discount
All class banners are now available for purchase individually in the store!

Leaver Penalty

A penalty for quitting games has been implemented. If you leave a full match, you will be locked out of the matchmaking queue for 3 minutes. Specific rules:

Any player on a full team who quits a public match will be put on leaver lockout. You will not be penalized for leaving a match after someone else has already quit on your team. The warning that appears when quitting a match will change based on whether or not you will receive a leaver penalty.
Parties will be unable to search for matches if any of their members are on lockout, and you will not be able to join a game via a friend if you are on lockout.
Leaving lobbies will not incur a lockout, only in-progress games.

Interface

Frontend

Banners can now be equipped and previewed from a new widget located next to your player icon on the bottom left portion of the main menu.

HUD
The in-game HUD has been updated with the following features:

Larger, more readable minimap that orients to your rotation
Access a larger map view by pressing "C"!
Integrated Time and Score widget on the minimap
Updated Ability widgets with more visible, animated cooldown alerts
Teammate icons now reflect their equipped skins
Teammate icons now show Voice Chat "talking" status more clearly
Added player callouts for special events like Final Kill, Revenge, etc.

Loadout

The Loadout screen has been updated!
Skins can now be changed in-game via the Loadout menu, and your currently equipped skin will appear above the classes.
Executions can now be changed via the in-game Loadout menu

Death Screen

Death screen has been updated to be more streamlined
Hiding the Death screen can now be toggled on or off with Spacebar
"Loadout" is now bound to the "L" key and can be accessed whether or not the Death screen is visible

Classes and Modes

Drag the Body
This mode is not currently enabled, but a few changes have been made in preperation for our next test, and are logged here in the notes for reference.

Human respawn time increased to 14 seconds (was 11)
Vampire respawn time increased to 11 seconds (was 9)
Increased minimum spawn distance from body when respawning

Responsiveness Tuning
Humans received an overall pass to reduce or eliminate awkward or invisible delays after using certain abilities. The following abilities were adjusted to better match their animations and overall timing:

Alchemist: Sunlight Vial, Light Bomb, Poison Cloud, Fire Wall, Healing Mist
Scout: Throw Knives, Mark Target, Volley, Trap
Prophet: Hex Shot, Life Leech

Hunter
Crossbows

At maximum range, shots now deal 22.5% damage (was 25%)

Prophet
Pistols

Increased long-range damage falloff rate - shot damage now falls off more quickly.
At maximum range, shots now deal 25% damage (was 30%)
Spread reduced to 140 (was 150)

Heavy Pistols

Spread reduced to 165 (was 175)

Scout
Longbows

Increased long-range damage falloff rate - normal shot damage now falls off more quickly.
At maximum range, normal shots now deal 25% damage (was 40%)
At maximum range, charged shots now deal 40% damage (was 50%)

Deceiver

The Evolved Zephonim skin is now available for Deceivers who attain Class Level 25. Deceivers who have already reached level 25 will be receive the skin in their inventory. The Evolved Zephonim skin is also available in the store.

Tyrant
Melee

Both "slam" melee attacks (third combo attack, and charged melee attack) have been replaced with horizontal sweeping animations to improve Tyrant's melee hit detection reliability

Charge / Marathon

Charge and Marathon's "End" animation that plays when you finish Charging, as well as the "Hit Wall" animation played when hitting a wall directly, now takes longer to finish to reduce the effectiveness of Charge combos into Ground Slam or Shockwave.
Added a dodge cancel window to Charge "End" animation so Tyrants can exit the longer animation early without being able to directly combo other abilities.

Throw

Hit detection range reduced slightly

Sentinel
Puncture

Hit detection range reduced slightly

Summoner

The default armor for the Summoner is now the "Ghoul-caller's Mantle". If you already unlocked the Summoner, your inventory will not change.
Summoner Armor is now available in the Store

Hell Strike

Maximum casting range reduced by 20%
Projectiles move less erratically to make anticipation of target easier
Added a short delay after impact before the explosion occurs

Vanguard
All Axes

Collision size increased by 5% (previous reduction was 25%)

Impaler Axe

Clip size reduced to 6 (was 7)

Friend Referral

The minimum level to receive credit for referring a friend has been reduced to 15 (was 20)

Bug Fixes

Fixed a crash related to using the "-nomovies" or "-nomovie" commandline option
Fixed a hardware survey crash (if you had to add "-nosurvey", this may fix your issues)
Fixed a longstanding issue that caused sticky projectiles (Viscous Cannon, Sticky Grenade, Air Strike, etc.) to sometimes appear to stick to an enemy and do no damage. The projectile in those cases was actually missing on the server, but your client thought it hit and stuck the projectile erroneously. This will no longer occur.
Fixed an issue that caused an infinite loading screen when attempting to open out of date Noscam files
Fixed a bug with the Flashpoint game mode causing humans to spawn too far from objectives and to not reliably spawn with teammates capturing objectives.

Saikocat
31st Mar 2015, 15:31
Oh, one extra addition! We're now going to run a limited offer on the new Definitive Pack. The first 100 Definitive Packs will be sold at 25% off, after 100 are sold it'll return to full price. New pack launch celebration time!

4.40PM GMT - We should be coming out of maintenance shortly!

Saikocat
31st Mar 2015, 15:48
Nosgoth is now back online!

ApollosBow
31st Mar 2015, 15:48
Looks good all round, great job, why change the default skin on summoner though, don't mind, just curious?

ayakuu
31st Mar 2015, 16:07
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417207737

my map(privat) has "lightbugs"... blinking white red and blue dots all over the map

--> more screens(same spot)
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024102968/screenshots/?appid=200110

j4m41k4n0
31st Mar 2015, 16:08
New items only with runestones? Seriously? Previous events can buy with gold too, what happens now? i said this some times in differents post, not all in life is earn money.
First work fine, them earn money.
Wrong way this patch.

Necro71
Why Inferno items does not have price in gold ? Only Runestones, is that a joke?

ayakuu
u can drop them

Firehex
31st Mar 2015, 16:13
When i saw header Leaver Penalty i was like Yes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs),but i continue to read...3 minutes...*hard facepalm* :thud: So anyone can leave, listen 1 song on youtube and keep plaing. WHAT AN AWFUL PENALTY!!

At least thank you for Fixed a longstanding issue that caused sticky projectiles :)

Necro71
31st Mar 2015, 16:14
u can drop them

You can drop all of them or you can drop none of them.
If items are in shop, they should be purchasable for gold too.

What the point of the gold than? Saikocat can you tell me what's the point of gold in Nosgoth? Besides showing you number of coins in game and being a fodder drop in roulette?

Honestly... the game is still in beta, lots of people lost their interest becouse of bugs and lack of speed at fixing them. And still Psyonix and Square-Enix are trying to sell us more runestones?

When i saw header Leaver Penalty i was like Yes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs),but i continue to read...3 minutes...*hard facepalm* :thud: So anyone can leave, listen 1 song on youtube and keep plaing. WHAT AN AWFUL PENALTY!!

At least thank you for Fixed a longstanding issue that caused sticky projectiles :)

I had good laugh too... 3 minutes... make it 30.

Saikocat
31st Mar 2015, 16:24
It is the first phase of the leaver penalty, so it'll go through changes, this is just the introduction.

We have included items in the drops as well, so it's possible to get them for free by playing. The store purchase options are a quicker/guaranteed way to get them, and are optional.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417207737

my map(privat) has "lightbugs"... blinking white red and blue dots all over the map

--> more screens(same spot)
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024102968/screenshots/?appid=200110

Is it like this every time, in public and private matches?

Is anyone else experiencing this so far?

Wolf_the_Legend
31st Mar 2015, 16:28
First impression: WOW!

especially this one:

Fixed a long standing issue that caused sticky projectiles (Viscous Cannon, Sticky Grenade, Air Strike, etc.) to sometimes appear to stick to an enemy and do no damage. The projectile in those cases was actually missing on the server, but your client thought it hit and stuck the projectile erroneously. This will no longer occur.
This should be on top of the list^^

Summoner

Added a short delay after impact before the explosion occurs
there is a delay of ~500ms since day one ... how long is it now? ... didn't like it already but now its worse?! :/

Maximum casting range reduced by 20%
First I used the skill to atk scouts that are standing behind there team ... after the first nerf this wasn't possible anymore ... but now I wont be able to atk any off his teammates as well^^ ... for this close range this skill needs a far more faster cast time!

ArrX92
31st Mar 2015, 16:36
Why Inferno items does not have price in gold ? Only Runestones, is that a joke?

New items only with runestones? Seriously? Previous events can buy with gold too, what happens now? i said this some times in differents post, not all in life is earn money.
First work fine, them earn money.
Wrong way this patch.

Would have this for gold, as above. This badly on the part of you. Simply generate more disgruntled users.

Ygdrasel
31st Mar 2015, 16:38
"The default armor for the Summoner is now the "Ghoul-caller's Mantle". If you already unlocked the Summoner, your inventory will not change." Well, that's just unfair. Players who've already unlocked it should be given some kind of one-time option to trade in their Summoner's Armor for the new default.

The changed ability widgets and new mini-map are too large and distracting. They should be resizable. (I know that's probably planned for the map already.)

And the score should really have remained up top where it's more easily checked at a glance.

Hellstrike is much easier to anticipate so that's a plus.

Alieth
31st Mar 2015, 16:39
Oh cmon -.-

Summoner

The default armor for the Summoner is now the "Ghoul-caller's Mantle". If you already unlocked the Summoner, your inventory will not change.

I have bought that skin and now it's free for those that will buy the summoner in the future -.- now i seriously want my 1600 runestones refunded.

RainaAudron
31st Mar 2015, 16:41
"The default armor for the Summoner is now the "Ghoul-caller's Mantle". If you already unlocked the Summoner, your inventory will not change." Well, that's just unfair. Players who've already unlocked it should be given some kind of one-time option to trade in their Summoner's Armor for the new default.

Agreed, otherwise they wasted runestones for nothing. Also disappointed about the molten items being so expensive and runestones only. Why if the previous events had them always for gold as well? It´s inconsistent. Drops are so low and random...

HoopleDoople
31st Mar 2015, 16:44

I think 3 minutes is a good place to start. There is no need to antagonize the player base with a massive leaver penalty until any issues are found and corrected. It also makes a lot more sense to gather data on the effect of a small penalty before escalating the duration if/as needed.

My prediction is that the optimal solution would be a 5 minute base penalty that escalates with the frequency of leaving. A couple minutes would be tagged onto your next penalty each time you leave. These extra minutes would deplete over time and for each consecutive match completed. If desired a long streak of matches without leaving could cause the leaver penalty to drop below 5 minutes - reward players who always tough it out with a freebie in case they have to leave due to a gamebreaking bug, for example.

Ultimately the goal is to have leaving be a rare occurrence but still a valid option every once and again. Players need to be willing to tough out losses but not the most egregious of stomps. I'd still prefer a way to see stomps lead to a quick conclusion of the match, however. A vote surrender (only available when there is a large score discrepancy) or conditions for an early victory (perhaps a 20 point lead in deathmatch) are options. If something like this was implemented I'd have few problems with harsher leaver penalties.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like that Humans are being hit with greater damage fall-off, but the Hunter and more specifically his Multibow still need to be toned down. He's supposed to be a generalist, not generally the best answer for everything. It's simply not fair that the Hunter can have great CC, AoE, close range DPS, and long range accuracy all from the same loadout.

Jmthebigman
31st Mar 2015, 16:48
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=154156&p=2116199#post2116199 <- for the devs to look at :@

Ygdrasel
31st Mar 2015, 16:58
Agreed, otherwise they wasted runestones for nothing. Also disappointed about the molten items being so expensive and runestones only. Why if the previous events had them always for gold as well? It´s inconsistent. Drops are so low and random...

They also changed perks so they can't be temp-bought, last I saw...Weird decisions...

And I was actually saying people who don't have that skin but want it should be able to swap the old default for it now. I don't really see how anybody wasted runestones. Even if the skin they bought is free now, their purchase still benefits the game. Of course, refunds could still be an option.

Though I do wonder why they changed the default skin anyway...

ayakuu
31st Mar 2015, 17:01
It is the first phase of the leaver penalty, so it'll go through changes, this is just the introduction.

We have included items in the drops as well, so it's possible to get them for free by playing. The store purchase options are a quicker/guaranteed way to get them, and are optional.

Is it like this every time, in public and private matches?

Is anyone else experiencing this so far?

im looking for a public match with the map and will reply

... other bugs i found:

cant press L for loadout or space--> cant switch class or weapon
cant press C to get the map

Saikocat
31st Mar 2015, 17:04
Oh cmon -.-

Summoner

I have bought that skin and now it's free for those that will buy the summoner in the future -.- now i seriously want my 1600 runestones refunded.

Refunds are something you'd have to check in with Support about, but it's important to note they're not getting an extra skin. The default skin was changed around, so the "Summoner's Armor" is a purchase for them instead, they don't get both skins.

Cristari
31st Mar 2015, 17:31
Leaver Penalty

A penalty for quitting games has been implemented. If you leave a full match, you will be locked out of the matchmaking queue for 3 minutes. Specific rules:

Any player on a full team who quits a public match will be put on leaver lockout. You will not be penalized for leaving a match after someone else has already quit on your team. The warning that appears when quitting a match will change based on whether or not you will receive a leaver penalty.
Parties will be unable to search for matches if any of their members are on lockout, and you will not be able to join a game via a friend if you are on lockout.
Leaving lobbies will not incur a lockout, only in-progress games.

OMG Thank you for bringing in this in bit late but absolutely necessary.

Ysanoire
31st Mar 2015, 17:38
Exotic items runes-only? What?

WHAT!!!???? Are you serious?

Vampmaster
31st Mar 2015, 17:39
I've spotted MI drop rate boosters are now available for those looking to get inferno items. Not saying it's an excuse, but it helps a bit.

Alieth
31st Mar 2015, 18:04
Yeah but still those runestones are wasted, since now on every player will have that skin as default and i bought that one because no one liked it and prefer the one with the Assassin's Creed hoodie...

The Summoner's Armor was good as default but they will never see a player spending money for that -.-

So i can put a complaint thread in the Technical Support section about this ?

Saikocat
31st Mar 2015, 18:12
So i can put a complaint thread in the Technical Support section about this ?

Contacting Support is done through their page (http://support.nosgoth.com).

Ygdrasel
31st Mar 2015, 18:40
i bought that one because no one liked it

The hipster method of making purchase decisions then? :p

Yeah, pretty sure all this rune backlash is going to demand an answer in any case...If people aren't spending enough, dumping more price tags on them is a crap solution. Fixing the nonsense prices though...

Roy644
31st Mar 2015, 18:41
It's a nice patch, and the penalty for quitting a game was needed... But tell me... How do I do when my game crashes right in the middle of a match and I can't connect anymore because of the new quitting rule ?? You should've think of that... The game still crashes once in a while and the penalty applies regardless of the reason. I'm not responsible for those crashes, why should I be punished ? I'm sure I'm not the only one who will experience that kind of trouble, please fix it !

RainaAudron
31st Mar 2015, 18:54
My fps dropped to 15-17 after the patch and the game is barely playable anymore, anybody else having this? :(

KaininitePriestess
31st Mar 2015, 18:55
I haven't had any crash in the FPS, no. :< Hopefully yours rights itself soon!

I'm also grumpy about the runestones-only for the event weapons. Like seriously grumpy. :/ Not cool, not cool at all.

Ygdrasel
31st Mar 2015, 19:00
My fps dropped to 15-17 after the patch and the game is barely playable anymore, anybody else having this? :(

Played just one match today so far but a guy was complaining of severe lag on the Crucible. I myself noticed some issues too but it wasn't "barely playable" levels. I just figured the map needed optimizing, much like Sommerdamm before it.

RainaAudron
31st Mar 2015, 19:00
All maps are almost unplayable on my pc now :/ I can´t believe I lost 10fps because of the update and now I can´t play...

NiamaraWeee
31st Mar 2015, 19:26
Sooo... what I like about the new Patch is the new map and evolved deceiver skin of course! Lovely map design, still gotta test it in a real match later... nice references to the LoK games too! Still though... I wonder when the real music of the map will be in, since it's still the music from "The Fane". Deceiver skin just looks awesome! Love it! Was totally worth leveling him to 25!

Downsides seem to be, and I agree with the majority here I think, the molten items for runestones only... I was looking forward to buying a few for my classes with the gold I had earned, since it was possible on all the other events... but yeah... =/

The new UI for the loadout looks nicer overall, but seems less handy with the switching of abilities and weapons... L button for loadout is good... but I wouldn't make it the only way to access the loadout... it was good when the window popped up with the option to hide or open loadout before, so pressing L could be in case you clicked the wrong option... just imo.

What I don't really get is the new minimap and placement of the time and score... it was good the way it was before - to me it's much too big now, since I never really needed to look at it anyway, it just disturbs my field of vision... isn't that why a full mini map was added to the scoreboard? So that you could have a short overview, if you wanted to? It's kind of irritating to me, the way it is now... the minimap before looked great, fit into the design well and wasn't too big... so... at least make the size adjustable, please... ^^;

and I think the score and time should go back to where they were before... I didn't even find it at first, had to look for it, when it said time was about to run out... =/

Then... but that's just my personal preference - the new hunter sprint animation looks a little... weird to me? Before it was more desperate looking... now it kinda looks like he's walking on the moon, with those bigger steps... hahaha xD or maybe it just feels that way...

I guess that's all I can think of for now... gotta test more to see. :o

Ygdrasel
31st Mar 2015, 19:42
New thoughts:

Green silhouettes around my allies makes sense if they're far away. It's just incredibly ugly and distracting when those remain while I'm in the same room as said allies. I may be mistaken but it wasn't like that before, and shouldn't be like that now.

There was no reason whatsoever to change the death screen beyond "lol, let's change it again now that they're used to it!". :hmm:

And some Crucible feedback: So far, liking it alright. Though it seems humans already vastly favor the Barracks for camping.

Psyonix_Corey
31st Mar 2015, 19:43
All maps are almost unplayable on my pc now :/ I can´t believe I lost 10fps because of the update and now I can´t play...

Have you tried forcibly changing your Graphic Details Preset to something else and then back to High Performance? Sometimes larger updates seem to cause a desync in video settings that gets resolved by doing this.

RainaAudron
31st Mar 2015, 19:53
Have you tried forcibly changing your Graphic Details Preset to something else and then back to High Performance? Sometimes larger updates seem to cause a desync in video settings that gets resolved by doing this.

No, everything was the same as it was (on lowest) except one thing - VSync. I shut it off again and after restart it´s playable again (though around max 25fps at Crucible). Thanks for the advice.

Could you maybe tone down the electric effect on the vampire melee? It brings down my fps a lot when I try to attack :/

kLauE187
31st Mar 2015, 19:57
any information why weapons deal no dmg on impact but you hear the sound and see the healthbar? this is a serious problem against some players because sometimes it feels like 20% of your bullets straight miss against fast flying sentinels or in close combat when they shouldnt. happens as vampire too. this got me killed too many times and this occurs so often since a few patches it's really annoying. if you miss 2-3 bullets in a row it means mostly you are going to die when you clearly hit your target which is pretty frustrating. i somehow think this has something to do with packet-loss/dsync and fairfight but that's just speculation.

fall-off dmg nerf seems reasonable and i like the small heavy pistol buff other than that i think hellstrike got nerfed way too hard which means that summoner is unplayable now against every decent humanteam.

leaverpenalty is still non-existent.

unable to swap classes midgame because my config was on read-only and there's no option to bind it to a button or a word about the actual command.

and this minimap is way too big and disctracts from the actual gameplay because it turns around all the time which is annoying and i dont think im able to play with this. option to swap to the old one plsss.

Ygdrasel
31st Mar 2015, 20:02
unable to swap classes midgame

Pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to do that. Unless you mean when you die, in which case L opens the loadout screen.

kLauE187
31st Mar 2015, 20:08
Pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to do that. Unless you mean when you die, in which case L opens the loadout screen.

wont work because my config is on read-only. otherwise i can change my config after every nosgoth update :nut:

hlopipop
31st Mar 2015, 20:20
if u add in store old interface you'll be rich

I mean its new interface so s*cks..

Psyonix_Corey
31st Mar 2015, 20:23
No, everything was the same as it was (on lowest) except one thing - VSync. I shut it off again and after restart it´s playable again (though around max 25fps at Crucible). Thanks for the advice.

Could you maybe tone down the electric effect on the vampire melee? It brings down my fps a lot when I try to attack :/

It's not so much about whether it's the same, you may still need to toggle it to a different setting then back to force it.

Wolf_the_Legend
31st Mar 2015, 20:25
[...]
1. i think hellstrike got nerfed way too hard which means that summoner is unplayable now against every decent humanteam.
[...]
2. unable to swap classes midgame because my config was on read-only and there's no option to bind it to a button or a word about the actual command.

1. true
- they also nerfed the damage -.- ... it falls off like 3 times faster now from the center, also the center is only big like a ball now :/ (what would be ok if the dmg wouldn't fall off that fast^^) THAT + all the other nerfes is just ridiculous ...

2. there should be a button, how should a new player knew this ****^^

Ygdrasel
31st Mar 2015, 20:30
my config is on read-only

So...Change it? :scratch:

ApollosBow
31st Mar 2015, 20:50
I had good laugh too... 3 minutes... make it 30.

This isn't counter strike and the MM isn't perfected yet especially with its small population, 30min would be insane, Id recommend 10 at most but even 5 would be good. A lot of peoples gaming sessions are 30min maybe a lil more, with a large time penalty the game will get rejected by the masses.

PencileyePirate
31st Mar 2015, 20:50
Super disappointed with the UI changes. Crosshair is broken, minimap is enormous, didn't even bother to try the Crucible.

Vampmaster
31st Mar 2015, 20:54
Another undocumented change is the gamepad controls have been altered for vampires. No more freecam. :( Can't it at least be a toggle in the options menu?

JudgeEhud
31st Mar 2015, 20:57
I'm not a fan of the extra delay on the Tyrant's charge. I love the new 3rd attack and charge attack, but did he really need to be nerfed in a really damaging way? I'm no pro, but I felt the buff to his attacks would put him where he needed to be, not powerful enough to warrant a big nerf. :(

I'm not used to the new UI yet but I think it could be cool. That being said I hate that the score has been moved. The score is super important to know, and the massive human/vampire symbol that showed at a glance who was winning was awesome, why take it away? Please please PLEASE put the score back front and center! I also can't wait to turn off the new mini map.

Ygdrasel
31st Mar 2015, 20:59
Okay, there is definitely some kind of lag with this update. Tyrants and Alchemists blinking out of existence and teleporting...

And now I notice even the ammo count and captions are enlarged to a distracting degree. Are there really enough blind people playing to justify all this?

ApollosBow
31st Mar 2015, 21:09
Super disappointed with the UI changes. Crosshair is broken, minimap is enormous, didn't even bother to try the Crucible.

Mini map could do with a little shrink, first thing I seen was that when I loaded into a match. Also is the timer gone ()_o

Ygdrasel
31st Mar 2015, 21:11
Mini map could do with a little shrink, first thing I seen was that when I loaded into a match. Also is the timer gone ()_o

The timer was shrunk down and tossed into a corner alongside the score. Above the map.

Great new game map. Great Tyrant melee changes. Great Hellstrike changes. Completely awful UI changes. XP

ApollosBow
31st Mar 2015, 21:22
The timer was shrunk down and tossed into a corner alongside the score. Above the map.

Great new game map. Great Tyrant melee changes. Great Hellstrike changes. Completely awful UI changes. XP

ah ok, thanks.

FireWorks_
31st Mar 2015, 21:31
Tried the new map on a private server. Grapple doesnt work on one spot and drops you back on the ground.

I dont understand how you manage to break things that are not broken and could be untouched. After the scoreboard failure, you let them destroy the HUD. Even further obstructing the sight with the player model left and now with the huge map and ammo count on the right. But they moved the score, with was actually useful and a fast comprehensible place.

Not even an alpha value for all that stuff!

Thanks, but no thanks. Glad Dirty Bomb is here to stay now, GG.

RainaAudron
31st Mar 2015, 21:42
Okay, there is definitely some kind of lag with this update. Tyrants and Alchemists blinking out of existence and teleporting...

And now I notice even the ammo count and captions are enlarged to a distracting degree. Are there really enough blind people playing to justify all this?

Yeah, I have just played several matches and during battle, the game lags and stutters terribly. It needs to be better optimized or something.

I don´t like the giant font either, it´s very distracting. Not to mention the most important score counter is now super small on top of the map... It´s so annoying, please place it back where it was.

Also, I do not like how the loadout screen disappears after initial startup and you have to keep pressing L to bring it up.

It's not so much about whether it's the same, you may still need to toggle it to a different setting then back to force it.

Yeah, it was set to the correct amounts (but I did reset every option just to be safe). Gave me a boost of 5fps, but Crucible still goes as low as 17 when particles are on screen.

Ygdrasel
31st Mar 2015, 21:52
But they moved the score, with was actually useful and a fast comprehensible place.

Changing perfectly good things into incomprehensibly bad things. Maybe Psyonix was bought out by Google...

Truckposeidon
31st Mar 2015, 22:00
This map is absolute garbage on low end computers. I may need to mess with my .ini settings till I save up for a new computer.

Jallford
31st Mar 2015, 23:03
Some interesting changes. Tyrant melee change is nifty and I'll be intrigued to see what effect the leaver penalty has.

Explored The Crucible a little on a private server. Nice to see a statue of ye olde Turel, ponytail and all. Evolved Zephonim is brilliant, especially the claws.

On a bit of a hiatus with Pillars of Eternity to get through, but looking forward to playing Nosgoth again soon!

Ysanoire
31st Mar 2015, 23:28
As for the UI I like the death screen changes - you can now hide and show loadouts at will.

The rest of the changes is questionable. I don't like the rotating minimap, it's also too large. I'm neautral to score position.

GenFeelGood
1st Apr 2015, 00:31
Why did you make molten weapons only purchasable with runes and cost as much as a Vanguard skin? Seriously, I have no problem paying for things in this game but this isn't right.

RazielWarmonic
1st Apr 2015, 01:03
Changing perfectly good things into incomprehensibly bad things. Maybe Psyonix was bought out by Google...

Psyonix doesn't do the UI.

Our glorious Squeenix leaders do.

_Kine_
1st Apr 2015, 01:49
1. Time and Score is better at top center screen.

2. Mini map is too big

PencileyePirate
1st Apr 2015, 02:03
I'd like a hotfix for the crosshair's un-centered dot please. It's that annoying.

Even an option to turn off the crosshair entirely would be fine.

Ygdrasel
1st Apr 2015, 02:15

Well then, idea for a new LoK title: War for Nosgoth('s UI).

ModernD
1st Apr 2015, 02:25
Really do not like the death recap screen. I have no idea why I need to see the person who shot me in 3-4 different boxes that all show how much health they have. The entire screen just reads as a mishmash of icons, the older one needed some adjustment but was much more readable and better presented.

Sirfy1
1st Apr 2015, 02:49
I had been hoping for a molten theme since your first event and was incredibly excited to see you actually did one...only to be crushed that it's rune-only. Even if you do get them as drops...I'm lucky to ever see 1 drop a week, and those are usually perks. If past events you could buy with coins, should make them all that way. Was the only time to ever spend coins, too. What else am I gonna use em on? I gain more than I spend on recharges.

I don't see the point in the mini-map being larger either. Seems like this update took away a good bit of screen space and added more distractions.
I still haven't seen an explanation for why the summoner default skin changed. That kind of screws everyone over, doesn't it? People who paid real money for that skin now seems like a pointless buy since everyone who unlocks it at this point has it free. And not giving those who already unlocked it a choice, at-least? That just seems like a giant middle finger to both sides.

Bazielim
1st Apr 2015, 02:53

Yeah I think they've mentioned before that it's the SE Montreal studio that does the UI and HUD stuff.

_Haxa6
1st Apr 2015, 03:51
The game still crashes once in a while and the penalty applies regardless of the reason. I'm not responsible for those crashes, why should I be punished ?
I don't even bother to play this game atm, because i can't finish a single match after they added Summoner. Lovely crashes =)
Just checking forums for crash fixes info.

lucinvampire
1st Apr 2015, 09:40
The changes seem good, though for some reason I'm having really bad issues with hitting things with vampire melee.

The new map is awesome! Love it big time, love the colouring of the skins etc on it, it's all nice and dark and mean and angry...just like a Tyrant :lol: - great work with it guys it's fabulous :D

I'm curious to when the Crucible will feature on the FP maps line-up? I didn't get any matches on it last night so I'm assuming (which could be wrong) that it's not currently on the line-up.

Shikei001
1st Apr 2015, 12:58
No objection to anything of this Patch :DDDD

But I found a grappling hook spot witch is unaccessible:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198107600161/screenshot/719789022262574991

You just fall down again xD

RoflBalast
1st Apr 2015, 13:04

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198107600161/screenshot/719789022262574991

That's just "trick-hook" to avoid melee hit :D

GotRage
1st Apr 2015, 14:30
Summoner
Added a short delay after impact before the explosion occurs, needs to go back to the way it was before the 3/31/15 patch.

Saikocat
1st Apr 2015, 14:56
Hey everyone!

Lot of feedback to go through, so I'll address some of it here:

Inferno Event:
I'll share the feedback, including specifics on pricing, with the team here.

Last year, we did indeed run two previous events, during our Closed Beta testing phase. These would have essentially been a bit of a trial, and the first time we've done anything of that nature. I know premium purchases can be a bit of an unsavory topic for some, but I think it's important to address this.

Nosgoth is free, we do provide a massive amount of content for free with it. The approach we've taken is to include anything you could want gameplay wise (like maps, modes, classes, weapons, abilities) with free options as well - either right off the bat (available to everyone, like maps/modes), or by unlocking them after earning Gold/XP (classes, abilities, weapons). It can't apply to all items though unfortunately, premium purchases need to exist so we can continue to support and develop the game. Cosmetic items are a good example of a premium purchase that works. These kind of items don't provide a gameplay advantage, and don't alter your gameplay experience, but are a way to customise your appearance.

The weapon effects have been included in drops as well, so there is still a way to get them for free, but the purchase option would be for Runestones, in line with the other cosmetic items (Skins). I know that isn't what everyone may like to hear, but we do appreciate all the support we've gotten, and hope that everyone understands that these kind of purchases need to exist in a free to play game.

We do understand that you're looking for more things to spend earned Gold on though (gold sinks, as they were referred to in another thread), and we agree on adding those! It's something we've mentioned in some other posts and the State Of Play blogs, we have other features coming up for that, including Crafting. We're working on it! :)

HUD:
I'll share the feedback about the HUD/UI here!

I don't even bother to play this game atm, because i can't finish a single match after they added Summoner. Lovely crashes =)
Just checking forums for crash fixes info.

Have you been in touch with our support team? It may be better, as they can go through things with you one-on-one and then gather logs to figure out what's happening: http://support.nosgoth.com

I'm curious to when the Crucible will feature on the FP maps line-up? I didn't get any matches on it last night so I'm assuming (which could be wrong) that it's not currently on the line-up.

I'll check into that!

I'll let the guys know in case it isn't logged already, cheers!

ApollosBow
1st Apr 2015, 15:48
I know that isn't what everyone may like to hear, but we do appreciate all the support we've gotten, and hope that everyone understands that these kind of purchases need to exist in a free to play game.

We do understand that you're looking for more things to spend earned Gold on though (gold sinks, as they were referred to in another thread), and we agree on adding those! It's something we've mentioned in some other posts and the State Of Play blogs, we have other features coming up for that, including Crafting. We're working on it! :)

Great stuff completely understandable, cant wait to see how the crafting comes out, O and 1 question if answerable -Would we be able to break down previously purchased event items to apply their FX to a personally crafted item in future?

Saikocat
1st Apr 2015, 15:56
I couldn't answer on specifics for Crafting just yet, it hasn't been outlined here at the moment, but once we have more info to share on how it works we'll create a new thread here too :)
It shouldn't be long before we can go into more detail though.

Enlightened_Fool
1st Apr 2015, 16:12
A fantastic update if I must say so! I personally didn't notice any fps drop on my end(well maybe 5fps or something small). Also the Crucible is a very nice looking map!
But... I wish we could purchase the molten weapons with gold as well, even for something like 5k or 10k or something. Kinda sucks.

Also-- what in the world did you guys do to the UI? I mean, some parts are nice, like the newer class pick menu as well as the "list" format for picking diff skills/abilities, as well as the dot+smaller crosshair. I really don't like the vertical split screen of the death cam, imo it's horridly set up. I think it could easily be more compacted down to not take up so much of the screen, or even placed differently.
I'm sure many might agree with me, but why not make us a menu in the options to customize our own UI? I know we can do it in other ways, but for the people who don't know how to edit configs/etc it'd be easier if a customization menu was implemented. Or even a "beginner" UI that's easy for new players to get info out of, and an "advanced" UI that's simple, smaller icons/etc, and takes up the least amount of space on our screens.
I honestly still think the UI/menu from closed alpha/closed beta was much more simple and easier to read, and instead of making it have a bit more details in it, it was changed almost completely to something that was the opposite. IDK.
Still love the game tho.

ApollosBow
1st Apr 2015, 16:14
A fantastic update if I must say so! I personally didn't notice any fps drop on my end(well maybe 5fps or something small). Also the Crucible is a very nice looking map!
But... I wish we could purchase the molten weapons with gold as well, even for something like 5k or 10k or something. Kinda sucks.

Also-- what in the world did you guys do to the UI? I mean, some parts are nice, like the newer class pick menu as well as the "list" format for picking diff skills/abilities, as well as the dot+smaller crosshair. I really don't like the vertical split screen of the death cam, imo it's horridly set up. I think it could easily be more compacted down to not take up so much of the screen, or even placed differently.
I'm sure many might agree with me, but why not make us a menu in the options to customize our own UI? I know we can do it in other ways, but for the people who don't know how to edit configs/etc it'd be easier if a customization menu was implemented. I honestly still think the UI/menu from closed alpha/closed beta was much more simple and easier to read, and instead of making it have a bit more details in it, it was changed almost completely to something that was the opposite. IDK.
Still love the game tho.

Ye the UI takes abit gettng used to, my only gripes with it are the score and time not being at top middle and the perk names being renamed to the most basic of names (very boring).

GenFeelGood
1st Apr 2015, 18:14
@Saikocat

I completely understand this; but I still hold that the price is a bit too high. It looks great but compared to what else you can get for the same price in the store it doesn't make sense.

If the FX covered more than the hands and forearms (just 18% of the body, as opposed to a Vanguard skin that covers 100% and costs the same) then it might be more acceptable. If the entire body became covered in the FX (like a full on secondary skin) during the use of the special abilities as well then we might have something incredible.
*A Sentinel on approach during kidnap/abduct looking like a bat out of hell
*A Tyrant charging/marathon at you while looking like a wave of magma or jumping at you while looking like a massive chuck of magma that just shot out of the volcano
*A Reaver pouncing/leaping or swinging its kick at you while looking like of a lava demon
*A Summoner tossing an abyssal bolt that looks like a fire ball or delivering a hell strike that literally looks like hell is raining down on you, all while looking a bride of the devil

Not sure what the human equivalent could be ATM, but something will come to mind

Edit
Human equivalent could be in the form of molten armor, imagine a vanguard in magma armor :D.

Louves
1st Apr 2015, 23:09
I have really bad ping since this update. It's usually between 96 and 160 (feels a lot higher). I am constantly teleporting around and have huge lags (screen freezes for 3-4 seconds). The Problem is definitely the Nosgoth servers, when I check my internet connection the speedtest shows me 24 ping.

I am playing on EU servers, won't even try NA because it will probably be even worse.

I like the new patch so far. But Dominate Mind feels kinda strange now. I have the feeling the mind control breaks earlier now if you get hit. One Kama in the face seems to be enough :scratch:

Necro71
1st Apr 2015, 23:59
Problem with crafting in Nosgoth is that i dont imagine it being good gold sink.
To be honest weapon bonuses same as perks are pretty useless, thaey giving you small boost in stats for a price of minuses to diffrent stats. Anyways its not essential to the game, it does not give any advantage.

Ysanoire
2nd Apr 2015, 02:06
Can the magma effect appear on a mysterious item dropped during the effect?

Does the mysterious drop booster do anything to magma drop chances?

GenFeelGood
2nd Apr 2015, 02:10

So far I've played over 10 matches with that booster and haven't gotten a single thing.

ApollosBow
2nd Apr 2015, 04:04

I got a drop using the booster (20-25 games in) and it was just like one youd buy from the store, nothing but the effect already activated. Iv seen regular mystery drops & Molten ones after a match, if its a molten drop it will say it, my pistols are titled Molten Quick Pistols.

So far I've played over 10 matches with that booster and haven't gotten a single thing.

I played about 20-25 matches before dropping quick pistols, played about 10 since then as well and haven't gotten a second drop, got about 5 days left on my booster so hopefully ill drop 1 or 2 more if lucky. All I can say is keep playing and hope for the best :P

pidden
2nd Apr 2015, 09:20
A fantastic patch, i love the new map and tyrants third attack.
Looks more mean and big burly badass.

I like that it costs real cash to get some cool items, its my way to fund this awesome game, the best comment i've got ingame was " nice skins pidd, thanks for supporting the game" that meant alot to me as he understood why i got a diff skin and a ****load of banners and starter packs, if i could i would buy another founders pack.

I love this game and its the most fun i have ever played, infact to fun so the new BF hardline was so boring i only managed to do 15h in it.

Saikocat
2nd Apr 2015, 09:21
@GenFeelGood - Always open to constructive feedback, so thanks! I'll pass that on :)

The Inferno event items are included in drops as well. The drop rate booster doesn't affect the rate for specific items, but is overall. So it affects all drops.

Ysanoire
2nd Apr 2015, 14:36

Yeah, I've played lots of matches (with the booster), I've found one MI. But I'm not surprised. Even doubled, the chance is 10% tops (more likely 4-6%).

I got a drop using the booster (20-25 games in) and it was just like one youd buy from the store, nothing but the effect already activated. Iv seen regular mystery drops & Molten ones after a match, if its a molten drop it will say it, my pistols are titled Molten Quick Pistols.

Yeah, I've seen those around, what I wanted to know is if my MIs may turn out to have the same effect later since this was intended in at least one of the previous events.

The Inferno event items are included in drops as well. The drop rate booster doesn't affect the rate for specific items, but is overall. So it affects all drops.

Thanks, I had assumed this is how it worked, but the description on the booster mentions MIs specifically, and there's a few different ways the probability could work so I wasn't sure. Too bad the effect isn't gonna show up on the MIs :(

snejjjj
2nd Apr 2015, 16:42
Run out of video memory - error since last update. what is this ****? Never got before

calypso-694
17th Apr 2015, 22:33
i must be dumb as a stump or slower than a napping turtle but I cant seem to switch classes during a match. Stuck using the starting class I pick for the entire match. I know L is changed to Loadout but even when I assign that Key and havea a different loadout it wont switch. and that Spacebar is for killcam or something. am I missing something? I even tried assigning different keys.

Ysanoire
18th Apr 2015, 00:56
Are your ini files set to read-only? It's been known to cause this problem for other people.