PDA

View Full Version : New "The Crucible" Preview Video

Saikocat
25th Mar 2015, 15:58
A few months back, we revealed (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/first-look-at-nosgoth-s-next-map-the-crucible) our next map for Nosgoth, the Turelim-focused "The Crucible". Defined by forges and workshops, gladiatorial training grounds and arenas, slave pens and birthing catacombs, the area will feel quite different to the maps we have released thus far.

As you walk (or fly!) through the vampire-controlled territory, you'll find a lot of fantastic detail we have tucked away in every corner. It's quite a sight to behold, but words won't really do it justice... So, sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and get a bird's-eye view of "The Crucible" with this new video, as we prepare for its release.

MsRjaXM878M

We are currently planning to release this map for everyone as soon as next week. Keep an eye on the forums here (and Facebook/Twitter), as we keep everyone updated on the release. Once we can confirm what day it will be released, we'll let you all know.

Tune in to the developer live stream (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-crucible-dev-stream-on-march-27) this Friday, March 27 (11:30am Pacific/ 2:30am Eastern/ 6:30pm GMT) for an indepth look at the new map, as well as other upcoming additions!

The_Hylden
25th Mar 2015, 16:12
Let me be the first to say this:

This is, hands down, the best map the team has made. That is damn awesome :thumb: Great job, Psyonix :)

Vampmaster
25th Mar 2015, 16:25
The buildings and the colour scheme and the symbols and banners all look amazing! (Earlier screenshots didn't have the full lighting.) The only issues I have now are the trees (which Jeremy said would be addressed in the twitch session) and that I couldn't see a recognizable Lt Turel anywhere. I was expecting something like the Raziel statue in the Fane with him in his uniform from the SR1 intro since that's how most people would remember him.

The_Hylden
25th Mar 2015, 16:28
The tree seen is now a dying one with pale, fading leaves, if you notice. So, it's better.

Lomonop
25th Mar 2015, 16:32
The buildings and the colour scheme and the symbols and banners all look amazing! (Earlier screenshots didn't have the full lighting.) The only issues I have now are the trees (which Jeremy said would be addressed in the twitch session) and that I couldn't see a recognizable Lt Turel anywhere. I was expecting something like the Raziel statue in the Fane with him in his uniform from the SR1 intro since that's how most people would remember him.

I think the statue in the distance at 0:43 might be Turel sitting on a throne.
The tree in this movie seems quite withered.

Edit: the Hylden was faster addressing the last point.

Vampmaster
25th Mar 2015, 16:39
I think the statue in the distance at 0:43 might be Turel sitting on a throne.
The tree in this movie seems quite withered.

Edit: the Hylden was faster addressing the last point.

If it wasn't for the fact that it was the biggest statue there, I don't think I'd be able to tell that it wasn't just any other member of his clan. I'm really not trying to be cruel - there's so much about the map I do like and only two small grievances.

RainaAudron
25th Mar 2015, 16:47
Very good! Happy with the result and can´t wait to test it out! :) Nice to see ash, fire and magma flowing in the territory and that the vegetation is minimal.

-Konf-
25th Mar 2015, 18:18
The video left a good first impression, looking forward to trying the map out and seeing how it plays! :)

DesolatedMaggot
25th Mar 2015, 22:57
A few backward banners in there... :P

Looks great so far though!

KaininitePriestess
25th Mar 2015, 23:57
OH MAN I'M IN LOVE! Everything about this is just so amazing, it really reminds me of the few shots we have of the Turelim territory that was cut from Soul Reaver 1, and all of the little touches and nuances and layers in this map are just gorgeous!

And dear God, that final shot flying over the giant metal Turelim-signet overhanging thing! The second I saw it, I was reminded of the two metal brooches I made in college of Kain http://fanatical-chick.deviantart.com/art/Legacy-of-Kain-cape-brooch-2-32883847 and Raziel's http://fanatical-chick.deviantart.com/art/Razielim-Emblem-17886193 signets, and it instantly made me want to make one like that to go with them! I'm imagining a negative-space signet with the larger parts cut out the way it is there, with a green agate stone as the back so that you can see the clan color shining through the metal bits. It'd have to be a pendant or something, and that's quite alright with me. ;'D

The_Hylden
26th Mar 2015, 03:17
Very nice metalwork there, KaininitePriestess :)

ProDoctoR1987
26th Mar 2015, 11:14
Nice details and really looks new, hopefully also enough room to play. A own soundtrack for the map would make it even better :)

lucinvampire
26th Mar 2015, 12:46
OMG I still can't believe the AWESOMENESS of this map!!!!!! You guys have done the BEST JOB LIKE EVER with it :thumb: so can't wait to play on this one - I'm so so excited! :D

Saikocat
26th Mar 2015, 14:13
Nice details and really looks new, hopefully also enough room to play. A own soundtrack for the map would make it even better :)

The Crucible will use the same music as The Fane. It suits it really well!

Vampmaster
26th Mar 2015, 14:40
The Crucible will use the same music as The Fane. It suits it really well!

What about switching up the instruments, then? That could give some variety. I loved how the music in SR1 always matched the sounds you might hear in each location.

RainaAudron
26th Mar 2015, 14:58
What about switching up the instruments, then? That could give some variety. I loved how the music in SR1 always matched the sounds you might hear in each location.
Agreed, the one, which played in the Lighthouse in SR, was originally meant to play in Turel´s area and something similar would be a great fit.

KaininitePriestess
26th Mar 2015, 15:43
Very nice metalwork there, KaininitePriestess :)

TY. :>

I agree with everyone, a slightly different take on the music would be a nice touch, though I understand how that adds more work for the devs to work with. Maybe for a later update? The Fane music is always nice, though, and tbh, the music in Nosgoth was so cohesive that I didn't immediately notice that each map had it's own theme until listening to the soundtrack on youtube! Which is a wonderful touch, it's hard to make things different while still having such a tightly-knit sound.

FearGhoul
20th Apr 2015, 02:25
I just have to say, the first time I played on this map I was so happy. So many great references to Soul Reaver here. I absolutely loved seeing the giant smokestack and the Silenced Cathedral far in the distance. It really does feel like it just fits for Soul Reaver.
Are there any plans for other clan territories? I would love to have an area for each clan. For example, Rahab's area before it got totally flooded. I have some issues with the early art design in this game where the Vampries are concerned (the ears especially), but I think you guys have been doing much better recently. The Fane and the Crucible really do just feel like something a real fan of Soul Reaver would make.