PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth worldwide availability

Omegamesh
27th Feb 2014, 19:33
In the future would we be able to choose between NA and European servers instead of having cancel and researching for lobbies

kryptik1993
1st May 2014, 18:49
on steam it said its not available in my region :/

cmstache
1st May 2014, 22:12
No, however, they are limiting the keys they give out to countries closer to the servers. If you aren't in those then buy a founders pack or check the streams for keys.

hirukaru
1st May 2014, 23:13
A little add on sausage

Yes it is region locked how ever, when you obtained a key the region lock is removed.

theophilus15
6th Aug 2014, 03:53
I've been wanting to play for months now, but apparently nosgoth is not available in my country yet...
I just want to know when will nosgoth be available in my country (philippines), square enix is an asian company right? Then it wouldn't have problems releasing the game in asian countries. Also, if possible, i would still like to play closed beta, so can you please.... release the game worldwide while it's still in closed beta.
PS. i'm seeing this game fall apart, judging from the discussions.. i think it's still great.

C0rinthian
6th Aug 2014, 20:02
You can play it as it is, although you'll be connecting to servers in NA or EU. It's higher ping but still playable for me.

AguaFranca
6th Aug 2014, 22:54
You can play it as it is, although you'll be connecting to servers in NA or EU. It's higher ping but still playable for me.

Same here. I get lag spikes sometimes, but when I do, the rest of the people get it as well, so im guessing its on the server side. Buy a 5 dollar key and you're set!! =)

C0rinthian
6th Aug 2014, 23:06
With the free weekend open beta coming up, you can get the game from steam and play over the weekend. If you like it, it's best to buy runestones with your steam wallet and use the runestones to buy a founder pack at the 25% off price. Compared to just getting a founder pack you'll still have some runestones left extra.

Saikocat
7th Aug 2014, 12:02
At the moment we don't have servers in all locations yet, so the supported regions is based on this. This will be expanding, but for now during this stage of the Closed Beta test, we don't have servers in your region just yet.

Rogork
7th Aug 2014, 20:52
I get the error in the title when I try to access the game. I get that there are only 2 servers currently, but I live in Bahrain (middle-east), and the likelihood of us getting a server is next to zero, besides not having active population issues.

As the case was, I always play on European servers, or South-East Asian ones, my latency is usually around 150ms, which is perfectly acceptable for me to play with, so please, just open up access for us folks to the European servers.

AguaFranca
7th Aug 2014, 21:19
I think that its a steam issue, not a nosgoth one. Where do you get that message? Could you please post a screenshot?

Also, you may try contacting support.

sekoitta
7th Aug 2014, 22:19
it's region blocked for me, so can't play in the free weekend

charnix
7th Aug 2014, 22:28
I even got a email that said i could play in the free weekend, but when i go to steam it says region blocked, so annoying!

i got an email that said i could play in the free weekend but steam says region blocked :( so annoying

mindlord0013
7th Aug 2014, 22:42
Same story here, except I'm in Australia and would play on the North American servers. I'm sure they've had lots of complaints from us Australians before about this issue.

diosan07
8th Aug 2014, 02:46
Same here, what's the point of sending us invites if we can't even download the game? I guess it's only for North America.

Print:

crazygenio
8th Aug 2014, 04:48
I have a region lock , so sad, but i was able to play this thanks to the steam free weekend (the game downloads fine but i can't access the shop on steam), the game is smooth and my max ping it's 128, so i don't think that's bad at all, i'm playing this game from Ecuador so i hope this game full release will be worldwide because i'ts looking great, and i want to access the shop to see whats going on and its going to be sad because i'm not goin to play anymore when the free weekend is over.

i uploaded this video to probe it can be played here with no problem

http://youtu.be/ztQibMcxtJw

and there is another one with a ping of 92 unless your willing to see very low pings and thats why it's region locked, i don't think 90 to 150 ping it's going to affect the gameplay.

http://youtu.be/0RIS3161rv8

Abhoth
8th Aug 2014, 05:04
Hi I would like to play/purchase the game but its region locked, will it ever make it to Australia? Gah why are online games even region locked ><

C0rinthian
8th Aug 2014, 07:30
As answered before,

At the moment we don't have servers in all locations yet, so the supported regions is based on this. This will be expanding, but for now during this stage of the Closed Beta test, we don't have servers in your region just yet.

I'm region blocked as well, but I got this game from humble bundle and can play it. Though I have higher ping as the server's far for me.

Setmasters
8th Aug 2014, 23:59
No, however, they are limiting the keys they give out to countries closer to the servers. If you aren't in those then buy a founders pack or check the streams for keys.

I'm brazilian and the game isn't available in steam and the site gives an error every time I try to buy it, it's funny that I'm able to play it during the free access but can't buy anything in-game, haven't seen a game do this in ages.

cmstache
9th Aug 2014, 00:01
Hmm.. That's interesting. I'd submit it as a bug report through the forums. It'll get directed where it needs to from there.

mindlord0013
9th Aug 2014, 06:15
The easiest way to get around the region lock if you have steam credit is to download the game during the free weekend (you don't need to visit the games store page to do so, which means you won't get theat pesky region lock message). Then buy runestones using steam credit. Voila, permenant access to the game while bypassing the region lock.

Setmasters
9th Aug 2014, 18:46
The easiest way to get around the region lock if you have steam credit is to download the game during the free weekend (you don't need to visit the games store page to do so, which means you won't get theat pesky region lock message). Then buy runestones using steam credit. Voila, permenant access to the game while bypassing the region lock.

I wish, this was the first thing I tried, the game doesn't accept my currency type (BRL), and I don't think you can change the currency type.