PDA

View Full Version : Using Final Fantasy music in other games with Custom Soundtrack feature

jtruong990
23rd Mar 2015, 09:22
Last year when I bought my PlayStation 3 Super Slim 12GB and added a 250GB hard drive, I did a little experimenting with the songs from Final Fantasy VII, IX, and X I purchased and downloaded from iTunes, plus the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster soundtrack on Blu-Ray that came with the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Collector's Edition I had before I bought the game console. I used the songs from iTunes (Suteki Da Ne, Melodies of Life, Aerith's Theme, Out of The Frying Pan, The Girl from Madain Sari) for a game that accepts custom soundtracks and playlists (only after I converted those songs to MP3 to make them work properly because the games I use won't get along with the iTunes format), and use some of the songs from the FFX HD soundtrack (A Contest of Aeons, Suteki Da Ne - Orchestra Version) since they're MP3 after I managed to download the entire soundtrack to my laptop from the PS3 and Wi-Fi. They worked perfectly without any issues and the songs are wonderful as is.

As for the games I use to experiment with the songs, I have a little confession to make. I use Gran Turismo 5 & 6 with the songs I mentioned through the Personal BGM (Race) feature. And as for the playlist, well, it's a huge mish-mash of Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, etc., combined with the songs from the Final Fantasy series. :whistle: After all, what's more fun than listening to Rikki's hit song Suteki Da Ne while taking a lap around the Nürburgring or hear Emiko Shiratori's Melodies of Life while travelling at speeds of over 400 km/h?