PDA

View Full Version : Horrible class rewards

BeerAndFries
20th Mar 2015, 11:11
I don't know what other people are getting out of the per 5 level class rewards, but mine are mostly junk. For example, I've just received a reward for reaching 10 level of the Hunter class, which is a Multibow (nevermind I already received one on the 5th level) that gives me:

+ 2% movement speed
- 8% weapon recoil
- 5% clip size
- 10% ammo capacity
+5% weapon spread

I'm sorry, but there's simply no way I will be using this weapon. For my 10 level Summoner I received Hell Strike twice and both were pretty similar in statistics to this one (and both went to trash). Currently, I feel like I'm being mocked for reaching the 5 level tier instead of being rewarded. Please adjust the algorithm to actually give you a *reward* for mastering the character, instead of a lottery and a big chance to receive a worthless item.

TAli0n
21st Mar 2015, 11:38
I totally agree,
I got like 5 war bows all trash or mediocre ,
Devs, Feel free to make weapons from rewards a bit more powerful , or you can maybe make players choose between two items when we open the reward so I don't keep getting the same weapon every time , the same for the matches rewards , make us choose the class of reward from at least 2 classes , one last thing make us choose the effect on the mysterious weapons or Fix the Toxic effect .

These are simple things that will make the experience whole lot better.

_Kine_
21st Mar 2015, 11:44
Multibow

+ movement speed
+ spread

- clip size
- recoil

Those are good bonuses. I'd trade you for it if I could.

BeerAndFries
21st Mar 2015, 12:17
Multibow

+ movement speed
+ spread

- clip size
- recoil

Those are good bonuses. I'd trade you for it if I could.

You won't even feel the 2% movement speed bonus. 8% bonus to aim is pretty good, but you get cons to ammo capacity AND clip size, plus your weapon spread is higher - which is bad, since your following shots have a higher chance to go off target. So no, it is not a good set of statistics.

-Konf-
21st Mar 2015, 14:12
The bonuses are always random. It's rare to get a "perfect" item, be that a class reward item or a mystery one. Every single one of us got a weapon or ability that we didn't like, class reward bags certainly aren't designed to provide players with fantastic things. That being said, sorry about your bad luck.

However, Crafting System is coming to Nosgoth so you'll be able to either: (a) re-roll the attributes at random to your satisfaction or (b) salvage the unwanted item and craft something new altogether.

BeerAndFries
21st Mar 2015, 15:02
The bonuses are always random. It's rare to get a "perfect" item, be that a class reward item or a mystery one. Every single one of us got a weapon or ability that we didn't like, class reward bags certainly aren't designed to provide players with fantastic things. That being said, sorry about your bad luck.

However, Crafting System is coming to Nosgoth so you'll be able to either: (a) re-roll the attributes at random to your satisfaction or (b) salvage the unwanted item and craft something new altogether.

Crafting system or not, receiving garbage for putting tons of effort into a character is simply bad. I keep getting stuff like -15% health from shrines and -5% ability cooldown - the only bonus is the skill / weapon itself, which is mitigated once I get a copy of the same one.

Rago600
21st Mar 2015, 15:21
Crafting system or not, receiving garbage for putting tons of effort into a character is simply bad. I keep getting stuff like -15% health from shrines and -5% ability cooldown - the only bonus is the skill / weapon itself, which is mitigated once I get a copy of the same one.

Reaching Level 10 , paron me here i dont tend to be agressive with my bad english, is not tons of effort imho.
You get a Free Reward for reaching + 5 Levels that is nice.

If You want straight Weapons just Buy them with gold.
I play most of the time with my Mysterious Items, the have Pro´s & Con´s, but i dont care, it does not seem to affect my Playstyle or Skill in any Big Way.

And for the GameBalance there is nothing Wrong with that.

Of course there are Players who only play with Ability´s, for more Dmg and more Points, but after you Reached the Maximum, as for me this things dont count.
For Example I use My "Shadow" Maraton because its more fun than the more Efficient Charge.

Well it all Depends on the Point of the viewer i guess.

Look at this one For Example its a older Screenshot of mine, but it´s all Random, which seems to be Fair enough, to me.

BeerAndFries
21st Mar 2015, 19:44
Dude, you need to resize that image, fast. It rips the whole page apart.

As to rewards - I think that if you create a reward mechanics for players, then you should make sure that they get something either unique, or good. It'd be OK if the item you receive did offer some unique changes to your gameplay, right now it mostly slighty worsens and slightly improves some random stats, overall not giving you any real advantage.

Rago600
21st Mar 2015, 21:43
Thank you Raina im on a 3840 Resoloution here and i dont see it ;)
Also i would not have known how to resize it, thats also a Thank you.