PDA

View Full Version : Solar Eclipse Double XP Event!

DunhamSmash
19th Mar 2015, 03:04
SURPRISE!

A solar eclipse will pass between the Earth and Sun on March 20, blocking all direct sunlight, which sounds a bit familiar to us in the world of Nosgoth -- which is why we're holding an impromptu Double XP event to celebrate it.

On March 19th, 20th and 21st, everyone that plays Nosgoth will receive twice the XP they normally would. It applies to players of all levels and in every game mode.

We're starting our Double XP event a day just a few hours after this post too -- check out the times below to see when it starts in your area. Have fun!

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/424/blog/solar-eclipse-hp-banner-supply.png

Double XP starts: Thursday, March 19th at 9am GMT (10am CET, 5am EST, 2am PST)

Double XP ends: Sunday, March 22nd at 9am GMT (10am CET, 5am EST, 2am PST)

Note: Double XP is calculated on the back-end, so it will not appear in the UI the way an XP booster normally would.

Equanimityjohn
19th Mar 2015, 05:20
If at all possible, please make sure this xp buff applies to mysterious items as well as player / class levels please. I believe last time it didn't effect mysterious items and that made me a very sad panda.

KaininitePriestess
19th Mar 2015, 05:49
Oooh, I'm in love with this concept! I'd like to see this kind of event done more often, it ads a neat little layer of meta-world-building if you incorporate celestial events like this. ;D It's just adorable, in context!

~Now has ponderings of the way Nosgothicians view things like eclipses and those things!~

Ygdrasel
19th Mar 2015, 05:58
Oooh, I'm in love with this concept! I'd like to see this kind of event done more often, it ads a neat little layer of meta-world-building if you incorporate celestial events like this. ;D It's just adorable, in context!

~Now has ponderings of the way Nosgothicians view things like eclipses and those things!~

Considering the sun is perpetually eclipsed by heavy smog in this era of Nosgoth...

KaininitePriestess
19th Mar 2015, 06:32
Doesn't mean they wouldn't notice a solar eclipse. That would be much more drastic for them then it would be for us. Whereas on Earth, an eclipse makes it darker - perhaps dusk-light levels - on Nosgoth, it would make it like absolute night! That would be a fascinating and horrifying thing for them!

Saikocat
19th Mar 2015, 09:54
The theme is a real-life one! It's just a fun event to time something like this around.
Who doesn't love a bit of double XP?

Vampmaster
19th Mar 2015, 10:13
Doesn't mean they wouldn't notice a solar eclipse. That would be much more drastic for them then it would be for us. Whereas on Earth, an eclipse makes it darker - perhaps dusk-light levels - on Nosgoth, it would make it like absolute night! That would be a fascinating and horrifying thing for them!

Technically there's a perpetual eclipse in this era of Nosgoth, for some reason that's yet to be officially addressed. So they probably wouldn't notice. Oh well, at least I get to max out my Vanguard before my booster runs out. I should easily get it over the weekend with this double XP event.

RainaAudron
19th Mar 2015, 10:54
Technically there's a perpetual eclipse in this era of Nosgoth, for some reason that's yet to be officially addressed.

Other than being a leftover asset from Dead Sun? I wonder...

The double exp event is nice though, just wish it would apply to items as well.

Vampmaster
19th Mar 2015, 11:52
Other than being a leftover asset from Dead Sun? I wonder...

The double exp event is nice though, just wish it would apply to items as well.

Well, I did say 'officially'. Yeah, it would be nice for it to apply to items as well. Also, I'd kind of gotten used to events coming with special effect weapons too. I was telling Captain and Lucinvampire last night that a black and red lightning effect would make a good one for some future event. Maybe it could be some manifestation of Nosgoth's corruption that effected the weapons or something. I always thought Corrupted Reaver would have made a better name for the Kain Reaver that I'm not sure whether to count as canon, since it only appeared in the Chronoplast vision. It was a cool effect though.

WoG-Hazaa
19th Mar 2015, 13:23
Why no event weapons and skills? :confused:

Saikocat
19th Mar 2015, 14:32
As in, why no special weapons or purchases?

This is just a little XP event. We've got something else coming up pretty soon... ;)

FireWorks_
19th Mar 2015, 14:59
Please, no easter egg thrower!

Vampmaster
19th Mar 2015, 15:26
So, it's Easter... ...spring... ...new life...

What represents life in Nosgoth? Sunlight? Water? Blood?

Maybe a pagan thing like Vernal Equinox?

Ygdrasel
19th Mar 2015, 17:51
So, it's Easter... ...spring... ...new life...

What represents life in Nosgoth? Sunlight? Water? Blood?

Maybe a pagan thing like Vernal Equinox?

For humans, I would assume, sun. And once the sun came to be blocked out, probably water.

For vampires, as confirmed by Kain's yammering in BO, blood.

Louves
19th Mar 2015, 18:45
Please, no easter egg thrower!

I am more afraid of bunny ear skins *shiver*

Ygdrasel
19th Mar 2015, 18:53
I am more afraid of bunny ear skins *shiver*

I once saw fanart of Raziel in bunny pajamas...It was kind of amazing.

ArrX92
19th Mar 2015, 21:09
If at all possible, please make sure this xp buff applies to mysterious items as well as player / class levels please. I believe last time it didn't effect mysterious items and that made me a very sad panda.

Still lacks experience in the mysterious weapons, and the players we can only upload mysterious weapons, not we enjoyed the event.

Please fix it.

WraithShadow13
20th Mar 2015, 05:16
I was telling Captain and Lucinvampire last night that a black and red lightning effect would make a good one for some future event.

Yes please!

Also, thank you for the bonus XP

KaininitePriestess
20th Mar 2015, 09:02
Like the deleted Kain Reaver from Soul Reaver 1? 8V YES PLEASE.

Equanimityjohn
20th Mar 2015, 10:16
Okay, since we're not getting mysterious item double xp from the double xp events I've had somewhat of an idea: Whenever you guys kick off your new "drop boosters" a cool event, in celebration of this and to incentivize the buying of the boosters, would be to have a double mysterious item xp event! Think about it! ;)

KaininitePriestess
20th Mar 2015, 12:01
Okay, since we're not getting mysterious item double xp from the double xp events I've had somewhat of an idea: Whenever you guys kick off your new "drop boosters" a cool event, in celebration of this and to incentivize the buying of the boosters, would be to have a double mysterious item xp event! Think about it! ;)

Not everyone would be able to participate in that event, since not everyone has MI's. Can you imagine the screaming people would do then? oAo

Equanimityjohn
20th Mar 2015, 13:06
It is pretty easy to get mysterious items, I usually get one at least once a day if I play about 2/3 hours a day. Maybe I am lucky though. Anyway, even if 'everyone' couldn't use it, I'm sure almost everyone could, and those who can't would be incentivized to buy a drop booster and support the game, which, too, is good for everything. It's not like my idea would be alienating anyone. xD

KaininitePriestess
20th Mar 2015, 13:36
Yeah, it kind of would. Not saying it wouldn't be a fun event in conjunction with another event, but I play about the same amount of time that you do, and I def. don't get a MI every day. I've heard quite a few people don't have any at all. And some people just don't have the money to put down for in-game items.

And this isn't coming from someone who doesn't pay money for the game. I bought the Immortal Pack when they were still available and next time I get some money to my name, I'm definitely buying those LoK banners they just released.

FireWorks_
20th Mar 2015, 14:20
It is pretty easy to get mysterious items, I usually get one at least once a day if I play about 2/3 hours a day. Maybe I am lucky though. Anyway, even if 'everyone' couldn't use it, I'm sure almost everyone could, and those who can't would be incentivized to buy a drop booster and support the game, which, too, is good for everything. It's not like my idea would be alienating anyone. xD

Lucky you.

Bazielim
20th Mar 2015, 14:47
Aye, the MI rate is too random to make a MI event a viable idea in my book. Unfortunately I'm in the 'MI's are so incredibly rare as to effectively not exist' camp - it's been what 5 months, and I finally got my first one last week. Some people have loads and get them at the drop of a hat while others have poured in hundreds of hours to get nothing - I think it'd be a little unfair to exclude them.... and to be honest I'm not sure the last double xp event added to mysterious weapons either.

RainaAudron
20th Mar 2015, 15:09
I´m up for a mysterious event since I got more than 10 mysterious weapons, that need leveling up (maybe even increase their drop rate on that occasion so people have a bigger chance to get them?). However, that falls more within the feedback part of the forums.

KaininitePriestess
21st Mar 2015, 09:23
I've got a three mysterious repeaters right now myself. D8 Will only have enough time to level two to max before I max out the Hunter and can't play him until everyone else is levelled to ensure I don't lose any exp points. I'd happily trade two or more of them with someone once the trading thing gets set.

And don't even get me started on how many Prophet weapons I have. :U It's really strange. But it is what it is.