PDA

View Full Version : Free Access Weekend & Open Beta Announcement

Saikocat
5th Aug 2014, 15:27
Hey folks!

I have two VERY juicy announcements (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-free-access-weekend) for you today!

First up, we're happy to announce today that we are targeting a Winter release for Nosgoth. This coming Winter, anyone that does not already have access to Nosgoth will be able to join in when we open the game up with the official Open Beta release. More detail will be announced closer to the release.

To give you a taste of the action, we are opening the game up from August 7th to 10th, with a Free Weekend. The Nosgoth Free Weekend is a four day special event, where anyone can play Nosgoth for free and earn rewards for taking part. All you need to take part are a PC and a valid Steam account, and you're all set!
To check our supported regions, as well as a host of other useful questions, check out the Free Weekend FAQ here (http://www.nosgoth.com/faq/freeweekend).

For helping to make Nosgoth the best experience at Open Beta, everyone that plays during the Free Weekend will be rewarded with Double XP as well as an exclusive in-game badge.

Details for the Free Weekend are:

- The Free Weekend starts August 7th 2014 at 12PM BST / 1PM CEST / 7AM EDT / 4AM PDT and ends at midnight August 10th 2014 PDT (8AM BST / 9am CEST / 3AM EDT on August 11th 2014)
- Steam Account required
- .... That's it!

So, if you're not already playing Nosgoth, you have no excuse, get ready to download it this coming Thursday!
Stay tuned for details of streams and events we'll be running over the Free Weekend.

To take part in the weekend, all you need to do is check back on Steam (or the official site here), at the above noted start time. You'll be able to download Nosgoth without having to register, and start playing!

For full details of the Free Weekend, please visit the FAQ here (http://www.nosgoth.com/faq/freeweekend).

FireWorks_
5th Aug 2014, 15:35
Holy.. Its happening.gif...

Hmmm double XP... many veterans, me included, already hit all the level caps. Any chance we get something else? Double gold maybe or would that impact any economy thoughts too badly?

Alieth
5th Aug 2014, 15:45
So Free Weekend Badge and double exp :D nice !
What about the Alpha Badge ?

RainaAudron
5th Aug 2014, 15:46
Awesome news Cat! Will the double exp stack for those who have boosters active? Thanks! :)

Yeah, I am curious as well why the badge for free is ready to go this weekend and the alpha badge isnĀ“t... :/

Vampmaster
5th Aug 2014, 16:12
Is double XP cumulative with boosters? Might be my big chance to get evolved skins.

EDIT: I see Raina already asked.

Also, what about badges for the circle of pizza? (Just kidding! :p)

Razaiim
5th Aug 2014, 16:36

I am alpha man, waitin for some badges in my hand #ironmanparodiesareawesome

Vampmaster
5th Aug 2014, 16:40
Oh, speaking of the badges; I remember someone mentioned putting the spirit elemental symbol in the centre of the Nosgoth symbol. I don't see why the same couldn't be done with all the elements from SR2 and Defiance or the pillar and clan symbols as well. That could makes cool reference to the main series.

Lots to choose from too:
http://www.thelostworlds.net/LoKSeries/Symbols.html

Saikocat
5th Aug 2014, 16:51
Hey guys

The Alpha Badge is coming, I'll pop up an announcement about it so people don't miss it, but we're going to be granting those to people that took part in the Alpha, so you'll finally get your badges :) It should be around the same time as this Free Weekend badge. Woot!

For boosters and Double XP stacking, I will confirm for you so we're sure!

Alieth
5th Aug 2014, 18:49
thank you a lot for the answer :D it's since the alpha that i wait a reward or something else xD
However i hope they will fix the loadouts issue too, that is more important than badges.

Varulven
5th Aug 2014, 19:16
Hey guys

The Alpha Badge is coming, I'll pop up an announcement about it so people don't miss it, but we're going to be granting those to people that took part in the Alpha, so you'll finally get your badges :) It should be around the same time as this Free Weekend badge. Woot!

Finally!!!! >3~

AguaFranca
5th Aug 2014, 19:57
Dear Saiko,

When you confirm if boosters stacks, please don't forget specify how do they stack.

EJ:

1) Free week +50%booster option 1:
100 * 2 * 1.5 = 300

2)Free week +50%booster option 2:
100 * (2+0.5) = 100 * 2.5 = 250

3) Free week +50%booster option 3: (doesn't stack)
100 * 2 = 200

Saikocat
6th Aug 2014, 09:28
Hey guys

I can confirm that boosters will indeed stack, and with the double XP for this event it will apply to already boosted XP as well.
So the double XP is applied last, if that makes it clearer.

Vampmaster
6th Aug 2014, 09:45
Hey guys

I can confirm that boosters will indeed stack, and with the double XP for this event it will apply to already boosted XP as well.

Awesome! Should go along way towards those evolved skins, then. :)

lucinvampire
6th Aug 2014, 11:08
This sounds like fun :D I'm so getting on for at least one evening...

...and I'm so going off to buy a booster :D

Oh do we automatically get registered for the badge when we log in game?

cmstache
6th Aug 2014, 12:16
Stack = x3 or x4 for 2 100% boosters?

Captain3009
6th Aug 2014, 15:20
Yey, looking good, I still use my booster from my human pack, so I gonna hit lvl 40 then. :cool: Looking forward to that.

I'm also curious about the alpha badge.

GenFeelGood
6th Aug 2014, 17:28
You heard the lady, get your boosters ready people. If you want to max the classes before you have to go back to school, here is your chance.

putzhufen
6th Aug 2014, 19:43
will the party servers be ready and online then? :D

K1NG_K1LL_J0Y
6th Aug 2014, 20:01
Hey all about this... but uhhh is the party system going to be fixed before this weekend? I have other friends who play and i can't make a party nor can i join their games and vice versa

darkmag11
6th Aug 2014, 20:03
so when will we be able to party up with are friends again... ?

Saikocat
7th Aug 2014, 11:44
Party matchmaking issues should be cleared up now with the new patch from last night. If you have any questions or issues, drop a reply in this thread:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=15433

The Alpha Badge is now here!
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=15450