PDA

View Full Version : Rivals Mode

CountEyokir
17th Mar 2015, 16:44
Just an idea that came to me - how about a mode where you pit faction against faction ie - class vs class, based on animosity between them in the lore

Such as - The Alchemists vs the Summoners - in a desert like place, based on their animosity in the background lore

Vanguard Vs Sentinels - for the same reason

Reavers vs Hunters - before the walls of Dumah's city

Varulven
17th Mar 2015, 18:17
I like the idea, so
+1

GenFeelGood
17th Mar 2015, 19:32
Not that this doesn't make sense; but this is already doable in the game. In fact, there always seems to be somebody new every week whining about it (they just call it stacking).

CountEyokir
17th Mar 2015, 19:43
Not that this doesn't make sense; but this is already doable in the game. In fact, there always seems to be somebody new every week whining about it (they just call it stacking).

I mean where you play the mode and one side has to pick that particular class, having to learn to use that class effectively to achieve an objective in that unique enviroment

GenFeelGood
17th Mar 2015, 19:53
It could work in horde mode capacity against AI; but in PvP no one wants to play at a disadvantage against other players (unless it is a veteran looking to challenge themselves against a bunch of newbs).

Also, I thought the hunters hated the Zephonim most of all for their assault on Valeholm while the hunters there had chosen to remain neutral?

CountEyokir
17th Mar 2015, 19:56
It could work in horde mode capacity against AI; but in PvP no one wants to play at a disadvantage against other players (unless it is a veteran looking to challenge themselves against a bunch of newbs).

Also, I thought the hunters hated the Zephonim for their assault on Valeholm while the hunters there had chosen to remain neutral?

I'm just throwing up examples, but cooperative mode based on lore might work too - all one class against a horde of AIs. Either an objective to reach or a 'how long can you survive' thing. But either way, it ought to be lore based

GenFeelGood
17th Mar 2015, 20:04
I look forward to that style of mode most of all, where your survival is more important than your score. I hope it comes in the form of a horde mode but it could be something completely different, as long as it delivers the same sense of accomplishment in the end.

Ygdrasel
18th Mar 2015, 04:01
Sentinels would be against Scouts, not Vanguards...But yeah, sounds like a lore-based horde mode. All for it.