PDA

View Full Version : Stacking Tyrant's damage: Enrage+Berserker+Bonus

flyklm
15th Mar 2015, 02:14
I'm pretty sure Enrage increases both melee and ability damage, same as special ability bonus "+8% damage when below 1/3 health", but I'm not sure about Berserker perk ("+20% melee dmg when below 1/3 health"). Is "melee damage" means "all damage" in case of tyrant?

Assuming damage in nosgoth stacks additively without diminishing returns, single throw while having low HP shoud inflict 350 + 78% (50 enrage, 20 berserker, 8 class ability) of bonus damage, making it whooping 623 dmg total (assuming zero fall dmg). Are those calculations correct, or upper damage cap on Throw will come in play?

Also, is there any way to aim throw -after- you grabbed a human? Because it doesn't feel possible.

Thank you for yer wisdom.

P-Fun-Daddy
17th Mar 2015, 07:58
1) Your calculations are correct, though if you got Charge off first you could probably 100-0 someone in a single combo with any two abilities, without any melee attacks. I have no idea if this is how damage modifiers actually work, though, but I can't imagine they stack multiplicatively, because that would give you a somewhat silly 94.4% damage increase with those modifiers.

2) You can't aim throw :(. I think there are several posts on that one.

SouAbyss
5th Jun 2015, 21:47
I happened to be doing some tests with a friend this morning and I found that enrage will definitely increase shockwave dmg, and I imagine all tyrant damage for that matter. However, the increased dmg perk does nothing for shockwave. I didn't test any more abilities than this, but I think it may be safe to say it only does left click dmg.

PS. I seem to do about 430 dmg with shockwave on really low health and about 360 with melee hits.

cmstache
6th Jun 2015, 14:57
I happened to be doing some tests with a friend this morning and I found that enrage will definitely increase shockwave dmg, and I imagine all tyrant damage for that matter. However, the increased dmg perk does nothing for shockwave. I didn't test any more abilities than this, but I think it may be safe to say it only does left click dmg.

PS. I seem to do about 430 dmg with shockwave on really low health and about 360 with melee hits.

It's been brought up in the past. Currently, the perk only applies to attack damage, not abilities. It's intentional, but it's one of those things that might be looked at later.

ApollosBow
7th Jun 2015, 13:55
It's been brought up in the past. Currently, the perk only applies to attack damage, not abilities. It's intentional, but it's one of those things that might be looked at later.

hope not.....Tyrant is far from a safe bet with enrage, a good team can focus a giant red tyrant down before completing any of his attack animations...or he might get warbowed and there goes 3 seconds of the enrage on standing back up

GenFeelGood
7th Jun 2015, 16:46
hope not.....Tyrant is far from a safe bet with enrage, a good team can focus a giant red tyrant down before completing any of his attack animations...or he might get warbowed and there goes 3 seconds of the enrage on standing back up

I imagine that will change once we can make tyrants with not 1 or 2 but 4 stacked health buffs.

It's gonna be glorious!

PencileyePirate
9th Jun 2015, 07:59

I imagine that will change once we can make tyrants with not 1 or 2 but 4 stacked health buffs. It's gonna be glorious!

Enrage Tyrant is one of the stronger vamps in the game right now. He really doesn't need more safety w/ Enrage, and I really hope it'll never become possible to stack the same buffs more than once.

ApollosBow
9th Jun 2015, 11:53
Enrage Tyrant is one of the stronger vamps in the game right now. He really doesn't need more safety w/ Enrage, and I really hope it'll never become possible to stack the same buffs more than once.

I agree, but against 2 decent players on the enemy team Enrage can be stalled out, using a warbow or Vanguard charge about 3 seconds are lost on it, and if people are paranoid about getting killed by stack damage then there's always the option of stacking health buffs. Either way I never found ability buffs to be a game changer.