PDA

View Full Version : "Capture the Body" Name Ideas

Bazielim
28th Feb 2015, 12:26
Given the recent success in renaming the Shield Bearer as the Vanguard thanks to forum feedback, this section caught my eye in the recent state of play thread (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=152652):

Spring - Drag the Body Mode (working title)
One of our favorite things to do lately is to play our unreleased "Drag the Body" game mode; and though its title is a "working" one, it does give you a pretty good idea of what to expect when finished. You could think of it as a modified take on the classic Capture the Flag concept, but with a corpse as the main attraction instead. Drag the Body has been IMMENSE fun to play since we discovered it during one of our experimental gameplay exercises, and the office has been a lot noisier ever since.

We'll have more details in the coming weeks in addition and a handful of "Alpha Testing" sessions that we plan on starting as special limited-time events sometime in the next few weeks. We're seriously excited about this one!

So we have ourselves a new mode coming with a working title that could use some improvement.Are there any suggestions for renames on this front?

Personally, all I have managed to come up with so far is "Corpse Haul" -
I would suggest "Cadaverous Transportation (http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Cadaverous_Laceration)" but my sense of humour would get disowned ;)(yes that's a lore joke, sorry)

Inrezairo
28th Feb 2015, 13:04
I like Cadaverous Transportation for the lore joke and the fact that it sounds interesting.

However if that is too long to fit how about calling it Undertaker.

_Kine_
28th Feb 2015, 13:54
Cadaverous Burden ?

Vampmaster
28th Feb 2015, 16:44
Cremation Mode, and you get to burn the body at the end.

Ygdrasel
28th Feb 2015, 19:02
Cremation Mode, and you get to burn the body at the end.

Why would vampires do that?

GenFeelGood
28th Feb 2015, 20:02
Body Snatcher :D

PencileyePirate
28th Feb 2015, 20:08
Capture The Corpse!

Vampmaster
28th Feb 2015, 20:23

They wouldn't. Nosgoth is an asymmetrical game with asymmetrical modes and I figured it wouldn't matter that only the humans do that part. People's attention span isn't so short that they can't just read a description beneath the mode title.

DesolatedMaggot
28th Feb 2015, 20:42
The only purpose I can see for vampires wanting to gather up the corpses of slain humans is for food. That in mind, I suggest:

Reaping the Harvest
The Reaping
Feast of Harvest

Vampmaster
28th Feb 2015, 20:51

The only purpose I can see for vampires wanting to gather up the corpses of slain humans is for food. That in mind, I suggest:

Reaping the Harvest
The Reaping
Feast of Harvest

Why fight over a corpse when you can just make a new one? It's pointless unless there's something special about the first one.

DesolatedMaggot
28th Feb 2015, 20:57
Why fight over a corpse when you can just make a new one? It's pointless unless there's something special about the first one.

With so little information on the mode itself I see it as more of a "capture A corpse" rather than "capture THE corpse". IE kill a human, drag corpse to capture point. Your idea of it seems to be the corpse of a VIP, as in a single corpse the vampires are interested in?

Vampmaster
28th Feb 2015, 21:09
Why don't the vampires just kill all the humans and at the end of the battle, just take the corpses back home at the end? It sounds like a better battle strategy if one corpse is as good as another. I don't think any of my proposals have required the corpse to have been one of the players.

ApollosBow
28th Feb 2015, 23:59
Undertaker.

I like this, Undertaker mode....makes perfect sense to.

lucinvampire
1st Mar 2015, 16:21
Grave Snatcher
Necro
Nighthawk

ok they suck so I'm leaving now :whistle:

crutchie
2nd Mar 2015, 17:54
Pile the bodies
Prepare for Feast
Harvest Time
Heal the Lieutenant

It want to see if There is a special "Flag" for a body or if you just kill them and drag them back. Whatever it is now will probably change anyways. Anyways those are my suggestions. Yes they suck but hopefully will inspire better ones.

Ygdrasel
2nd Mar 2015, 23:44
Why don't the vampires just kill all the humans and at the end of the battle, just take the corpses back home at the end? It sounds like a better battle strategy if one corpse is as good as another. I don't think any of my proposals have required the corpse to have been one of the players.

Just spitballing here but assuming in the released mode, the corpse isn't just one of the players and instead a specially-flagged corpse, it may not be that one corpse is as good as another. Perhaps what a corpse was in life influences what it will be in undeath. Kain did choose highly accomplished and powerful inquisitors to raise as his lieutenants, after all. It may be that he went to such specific trouble for more than an ironic joke (seriously, he's out to save the world here). So the corpse being fought over could have been singled out for turning by the bosses.

Just an idea.

Not-so-serious game mode title idea: Corpse Party. :D

AdmiralPPR
3rd Mar 2015, 08:32
Fleshpoint? ... :poke:

Ygdrasel
3rd Mar 2015, 09:10

BOOOOOOOOO! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzb1GJ_XnWE)

Jallford
3rd Mar 2015, 14:34
The Heart of Darkness.

With some relation to either the corpses/vampires you free at the Air Temple in Soul Reaver 2 or Janos Audren himself? No idea how it'd work, but there are some good, famous corpses lying around in the lore.

--Ram--
3rd Mar 2015, 14:48

Lol'd

Vampmaster
3rd Mar 2015, 14:48
The Heart of Darkness.

With some relation to either the corpses/vampires you free at the Air Temple in Soul Reaver 2 or Janos Audren himself? No idea how it'd work, but there are some good, famous corpses lying around in the lore.

Haha, yeah! Name the corpses! Have messages like "You retrieved the corpse of Caleb the Crucifier" or something like that and have some lore snippets somewhere with a paragraph about the character.

Or name them after the developers! Both from Nosgoth and previous LOK games!

injiau
3rd Mar 2015, 14:59
"retrieve dinner"

Ygdrasel
3rd Mar 2015, 17:27
Or name them after the developers! Both from Nosgoth and previous LOK games!

The goal is to drag Amy Hennig to the SE studio and make her write a sequel. Both sides have the same goal, it's just they have different ideas for what the sequel would entail. Human side wants Dead Sun, vamps want Dark Prophecy. Whichever side wins most in a month's time, that project is revived.

If only. :(

But the naming thing and lore bits is a great idea.

Qhorin
4th Mar 2015, 11:06
Corpse Run. Keep it simple!

Unless you do decide to go for Cadaverous Transportation...

TheDarknesFlame
4th Mar 2015, 23:28
I like this, Undertaker mode....makes perfect sense to.

+1 for Undertaker

Zieche
14th Mar 2015, 16:32
So "Capture the Body" is a working title.

Lets see if we can come up with a better name for it.

I like something like "Capture The Corpse" (better alliteration).

--Ram--
14th Mar 2015, 17:31
So far I can think of:

Drag'n'die
Spawn'n'spam
Team derpmatch
Walking through fire: the game

jmedilevilir
14th Mar 2015, 17:59
NO GIRLS REAVERS ALLOWED
seriously, though. i'm more worried about this payload-like (yes, this is way closer to tf2's payload mode than any ctf mode that i know of) mode turning into nosgoth's version of vietnam, except with no choppers but with all the fire in the world

RoflBalast
14th Mar 2015, 22:27
Dark Ritual.
Cursed.

GenFeelGood
14th Mar 2015, 22:41
Body Snatcher

PencileyePirate
15th Mar 2015, 00:59
I previously suggested (in the other rename-the-mode thread) and still prefer "Capture The Corpse." It rolls better off the tongue and still clearly indicates that it's inspired by CTF.

Vampmaster
15th Mar 2015, 01:33
Body Snatcher

I was about to suggest that. I made a joke about it when asking if a friend wanted to join me.

TheDreamcrusher
15th Mar 2015, 07:28
Body Snatchers
Snatch
Corpse Run
Blood Run
Blood Purge

lol @ Ram's suggestions
Biological Rugby

Rago600
15th Mar 2015, 11:54
Eat the Woundet :P

MY VOTE GOES

UNDERTAKER +1

Good Name

Equanimityjohn
15th Mar 2015, 23:39
I agree, undertaker is a great name

lucinvampire
17th Mar 2015, 11:57
Undertaker sounds cool :)

maybe what it appears to be so far...Corpse Carnage :lol:

Ygdrasel
18th Mar 2015, 04:09
Weekend At Bernie's.

I like Corpse Run. Or Corpse Capture.

Sanguise23
18th Mar 2015, 13:39
how about something like the siring, the turning, the raising, the body is ment to be raised as a vamp right?

Vampmaster
18th Mar 2015, 15:00
how about something like the siring, the turning, the raising, the body is meant to be raised as a vamp right?

Actually, the devs decided to have it be a "dirty bomb" cursed by the prophets and toxic to vampires who approach it. It's a bit more mundane that I was expecting, but at least it's plausible.

Ygdrasel
18th Mar 2015, 17:16
Actually, the devs decided to have it be a "dirty bomb" cursed by the prophets and toxic to vampires who approach it. It's a bit more mundane that I was expecting, but at least it's plausible.

I still don't understand why the vampires wouldn't just leave it alone then. Dragging it around exposes them to poison. If it explodes, great, it's dealt with. If it exploding poisons the land, great, the humans just screwed themselves a little.

The decided approach doesn't seem to make much sense, never mind being mundane.

Vampmaster
18th Mar 2015, 17:20
I still don't understand why the vampires wouldn't just leave it alone then. Dragging it around exposes them to poison. If it explodes, great, it's dealt with. If it exploding poisons the land, great, the humans just screwed themselves a little.

The decided approach doesn't seem to make much sense, never mind being mundane.

Only poisonous to vampires and in the way of where they need to be.

Ygdrasel
18th Mar 2015, 18:04
Only poisonous to vampires and in the way of where they need to be.

Except if left alone, they explode and cease being in the way. As long as no dim vamp starts licking black blood from the grass (and I think in that case, Kain's brood would prefer to let those dumber sorts die out anyway), problem solved.

Also, Sentinels can fly. If "It's in the way" is the big conflict, they could move the bodies. Of course, we might assume black blood does its damage purely by close proximity rather than explicit ingestion...But that's never been noted as the case before and is contradicted by their dragging poisoned bodies around just fine. And in any case, that'd be where Sentinels could come in again and dump the bodies out at sea or something. The setup's great for gameplay but it makes no logistic sense for lore.

Blood Bomb. There's another name. :)