PDA

View Full Version : Jump Tyrant Looking for Adivice

JudgeEhud
13th Mar 2015, 04:37
I know jump isn't the best, but I still like using it every once in a while. I was watching a gameplay video of a tyrant using Jump and Enrage, and his tactics made me curious. usually I'll activate Enrage before jumping to get the extra damage on the Jump, but he would jump un-enraged and then activate it the moment he lands. Which, if any, is the superior tactic? Also, I LOVE the move Throw and am testing it out with jump. Is this a waste of my time? Is the ground-pound just better for a Jump-Tyrant? Any other tips that might help me out?

lastnewbie
13th Mar 2015, 05:27
Jump is hard to land (to me). I use charge and Throw and Ignore Pain, Enrage I don't like it because if the all humans team shoot you, you will die for sure and Ignore Pain, you can eat with it while a human is shooting you, you will not stop eat.

With Tyrant the best time to attack is while your teamates are attacking.

English isn't my mother language :D

Ygdrasel
13th Mar 2015, 06:11
Jump is hard to land (to me). I use charge and Throw and Ignore Pain, Enrage I don't like it because if the all humans team shoot you, you will die for sure and Ignore Pain, you can eat with it while a human is shooting you, you will not stop eat.

With Tyrant the best time to attack is while your teamates are attacking.

Inglish isn't my mother language :D

English.

And from my limited testing of Jump, Throw seems ill-advised. They tend to clear away out of its range when they see the Tyrant landing. Might I suggest Shockwave?

JudgeEhud
13th Mar 2015, 06:19
English.

And from my limited testing of Jump, Throw seems ill-advised. They tend to clear away out of its range when they see the Tyrant landing. Might I suggest Shockwave?

I'll definitely try shockwave. I think throw still might work if I use an LMB attack first to close any gaps they might create right after I land. Obviously I'll have to go through some serious trial and error tomorrow.

ursorlicious
13th Mar 2015, 07:22
i prefer playing with charge ground slam and ignore pain / enrage.

the aoe cc is so powerful.

Rago600
13th Mar 2015, 10:29
The Thing with enrage is, the Less Hleath you got, the more Damage you do.(am i right here ?!)
Its a Double edged sword, i use Both for example, depending on the Situations.

DesolatedMaggot
13th Mar 2015, 10:30
Jump/Enrage: Don't be the first man in. You want to be 2nd or 3rd in, preferably when they group up and aren't expecting to get hit with a giant red meteor. Recommend Shockwave for secondary, Ground Slam can work well too but Shockwave gives you a nice distance ability, since with Jump you really lack a mid range closer. Throw isn't bad either, if you're not getting CC'd out of it constantly.

Jump/Ignore: Can be the first in, but preferably wait for a distraction of some kind... Choking Haze, Hellstrike, someone else getting shot at, etc. As the imitator you'll want to pop Ignore Pain almost as soon as you land, or at least the moment you start taking fire. Once your out and Jump is off-cooldown again, Jump in and clean up whatever's left. Recommend Throw because Jump/Ignore combo is seriously lacking in 1v1, Shockwave is a solid option here as well though.

ursorlicious
13th Mar 2015, 10:53
The Thing with enrage is, the Less Hleath you got, the more Damage you do.(am i right here ?!)
Its a Double edged sword, i use Both for example, depending on the Situations.

melee speed: 29-50%; movement speed: 10-29%.

DesolatedMaggot
13th Mar 2015, 12:25
Melee damage not speed, sir.

ursorlicious
13th Mar 2015, 12:40
Melee damage not speed, sir.

copied this from wikia. you're right.

Sanguise23
13th Mar 2015, 12:53
Jump/Enrage: Don't be the first man in. You want to be 2nd or 3rd in, preferably when they group up and aren't expecting to get hit with a giant red meteor. Recommend Shockwave for secondary, Ground Slam can work well too but Shockwave gives you a nice distance ability, since with Jump you really lack a mid range closer. Throw isn't bad either, if you're not getting CC'd out of it constantly.

Jump/Ignore: Can be the first in, but preferably wait for a distraction of some kind... Choking Haze, Hellstrike, someone else getting shot at, etc. As the imitator you'll want to pop Ignore Pain almost as soon as you land, or at least the moment you start taking fire. Once your out and Jump is off-cooldown again, Jump in and clean up whatever's left. Recommend Throw because Jump/Ignore combo is seriously lacking in 1v1, Shockwave is a solid option here as well though.

for the most part i agree with this, shockwave is prob. better but i really like ground slam. I only really use throw (which can be really funny) when i charge

lastnewbie
13th Mar 2015, 13:09
I only really use throw (which can be really funny) when i charge :thumb::thumb: That is the reason for I use throw, is so funny. The throw makes damage and the fall do a extra damage can be deadly.

HoopleDoople
13th Mar 2015, 14:35
Some tips for Jump/Enrage:

-Enrage Tyrants are not ideal initiators, and that goes double for Enrage Jump Tyrants. Good players will Warbow you out of the air or land a Bola/Hex to remove your damage on landing. Let an ally initiate if possible but then get in quick to maximize the number of Humans you can hit.

-Enrage before jumping is usually preferable because Enrage Tyrants often die quickly. No sense missing out on that extra initial damage. However, if you find yourself consistently able to survive for extended periods of time in combat it is fine to enrage after the jump. This makes Jump more of an entry ability and allows you to focus your damage onto your melee strikes for longer.

-If you are highly accurate with your Jumps or the enemies tend to cluster, Ground Slam is the ideal secondary as it makes a great follow up to your landing. This is usually not the case, however, so my standard is Shockwave for the extra distance. I find Throw works far better with Charge and tend to avoid it with Jump, but if you play it right it can still work.

-Using your secondary ability right out of Jump can be very risky as any unoccupied Humans will immediately attempt to CC and/or nuke an Enrage Tyrant. Read the battle as best as you can and consider going straight into melee or dodge rolling out of your Jump. This is another reason I like Shockwave best with Jump - it is the least dependent on being comboed.

-When enemies are inside buildings disrupt them with Shockwave/Ground Slam and then utilize the roof for an extremely quick Jump.

-Never be afraid to switch between Charge/Jump mid-battle. Depending on the enemy's tactics and camp locations the preferable primary varies. Swapping also allows you to surprise your enemies. For example, if you've been using Charge but then switch to Jump, your enemies won't be as likely to check the skies for an incoming Tyrant (for one assault, anyway).