PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - March 12th, 2015

Saikocat
12th Mar 2015, 13:08
Capture the Body

Alpha tests for the "Capture The Body" game mode are introduced with this update. The mode will be enabled for play on Friday (March 13th), Saturday (March 14th) and Sunday (March 15th), at specific times. For more information on session timings and to see the free player banner we're giving out as a reward, head to the blog update (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/capture-the-body-alpha-tests-this-weekend/).

In "Capture The Body", the Human Prophets have poisoned a series of corpses, essentially making them ‘dirty bombs’ capable of affecting Vampires with the toxic effects of the Black Blood. Even close proximity to them will slow and weaken a Vampire. Only by purifying these bodies in mystical circles can this threat be removed.

You’ll continue to fight in teams of 4 versus 4, where the Vampire team have to drag the body to a designated spot on the map. Doing so results in a “capture” for that team. The Human team, of course, must do everything they can to prevent the Vampires from getting that body to the capture zone. After finishing the round, you’ll switch sides.

The mode is a work-in-progress, so gathering your feedback will be essential - we'll be sharing a survey link when the Alpha tests start on Friday. Visit the blog for the link once it goes live.

Balancing

Vampire Melee

We have heard your feedback regarding the changes to melee and have made the following changes:

Melee speed, range, and damage values have been balanced between the original and new versions. They are closer to the original values than the update that was released on Feb. 24th.
Charged melee has been updated to be unaffected by balance changes to normal melee attacks. This should alleviate concerns with its range after the Feb. 24th. patch.

While reviewing these changes and making charged melee an independent system, we decided to standardize charged melee damage across most vampires. Charged melee takes the same time for each class, but the damage it dealt was scaled off of your base attack damage. This meant classes that hit harder with standard attacks had disproportionately more powerful charged melee. We retained a more powerful version for the Tyrant in keeping with his increased size and power.

Reaver, Sentinel, Deceiver, and Summoner charged melee maximum damage is now 350
Tyrant charged melee maximum damage is now 400

Tyrant

Reduced body size by 2.5% to make him slightly harder to hit than before
Ground Slam activation speed increased by 10% (reduces previous nerf)

Status Effects

Being knocked down will no longer consume the cooldown of abilities unless they have activated. This was previously true for some, but not all, abilities, and specifically fixes Dive Bomb, Draining and Disabling Curse, Jump Attack, and Takeoff.

Interface

The Scoreboard now appears instantly when TAB is pressed instead of animating outwards

Matchmaking

We identified an issue where some players had their MMR reset to a very low number, while their actual rating would have been quite high. The issue has since been resolved, and the affected players have had their MMRs reset to the baseline (1000) value now, so this should stabilise the issue.

This issue did not affect everyone, but it would have caused some bad matches recently as higher ranked players were placed in matches against players with a lower MMR rating.

Daily Rewards

Daily Rewards were previously resetting at midnight GMT for all users. This has now been adjusted and will reset at the following times, depending on your region:

Europe & Africa - Midnight UTC/GMT
North & South America - Midnight EST (UTC -5)
Asia - Midnight SGT (UTC +8)
Australia - UTC +9

Bug Fixes

Fixed a crash related to hardware survey / auto-detected settings
Fixed a bug with the Lethality achievement causing it to reset when you died
Fixed a crash related to visual FX

Known Issues

Loading old NosCam files will cause a game lock. This will be patched, but please ensure you do not try to load older NosCam replay files at this time. If you do load one, and your game crashes, you will need to restart the game client.

Vampmaster
12th Mar 2015, 17:28
You forgot to mention the new banners! :D

Still no fix for the spawning in flashpoint though...

HoopleDoople
12th Mar 2015, 17:29
I'm so happy to see melee being addressed and I can't wait to give it a try tonight. The Ground Slam reversion is a less dramatic but also needed change - you simply couldn't land it nearly enough to justify use. The MMR fix is great as well, particularly since I suspect I had just recently been hit by the bug. Out of nowhere I went from facing equal or higher skill opposition to facing low skill opposition. Putting up 35 kills in one game was an amusing change for me but not healthy for the game. Facing only weak competition constantly would get old real fast anyway.

I like the idea of making the Tyrant less of a target but I fear it will have the opposite effect of what is needed. Currently the Tyrant massively overperforms against beginners and underperforms against high skill players. I doubt a modest hitbox reduction will have much impact on experienced players, thus buffing the Tyrant primarily for low skill level use. But it's hard to say for sure - 10% spread increase to the Prophet pistols didn't sound like much but was a huge difference.

I have to say I dislike the change to the Daily Reward reset time. In almost every game I've played that uses this system the reset time has been at 6 or 7 pm CST (midnight GMT). This allows me to miss a day of play time without losing my login streak - after work I can quickly get on just before the reset. Two chances at the same day seems far more fair than a midnight reset. Inactive players will have their streak end anyway; active players have a bit of a grace period when life gets in the way of gaming. It's all well and good to want the reset time to hit at a similar local time, I just don't think midnight is ideal.

Gugulug5000
12th Mar 2015, 17:29
"Capture the Body" sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. Any chance we can get a session or two of the alpha testing in the morning for it? Those of us who work night shifts would be very grateful for the chance to play it, plus there would be a lot more people to give feedback that way.

TheDreamcrusher
12th Mar 2015, 17:33
Would it be possible to get a list of new vampire melee damages for both normal and charged melee? I like to be informed just so if something seems off I know what I'm looking at.

Saikocat
12th Mar 2015, 18:01
Player banner pics!
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/new-legacy-of-kain-player-banners

"Capture the Body" sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. Any chance we can get a session or two of the alpha testing in the morning for it? Those of us who work night shifts would be very grateful for the chance to play it, plus there would be a lot more people to give feedback that way.

I'm afraid the timings for these sessions won't be changing, but we'll bear it in mind for another test. These times are based on when players are most active.

GenFeelGood
12th Mar 2015, 18:07
Player banner pics!
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/new-legacy-of-kain-player-banners.

:eek: FINALLY, I get to carry the banner of Kain into battle.

The Elder God banner looks amazing as well.

ApollosBow
12th Mar 2015, 18:14
AMAZING JOB...so glad new players have access to banners, now maybe they'll stop the never ending qustions on how to get one :lmao: ....Great work and good job.

snejjjj
12th Mar 2015, 19:04
Cant find a match. Iam waiting for over 15mins now

selkirie
12th Mar 2015, 20:39
Hello,

Is it just me or has Firewall´s animation between casting and the skill actually releasing been lengthened ?
Are these incomplete patch notes ?
I have to say that something has definetly been touched there.

TendrilSavant
12th Mar 2015, 21:12
I like the idea of making the Tyrant less of a target but I fear it will have the opposite effect of what is needed. Currently the Tyrant massively overperforms against beginners and underperforms against high skill players. I doubt a modest hitbox reduction will have much impact on experienced players, thus buffing the Tyrant primarily for low skill level use. But it's hard to say for sure - 10% spread increase to the Prophet pistols didn't sound like much but was a huge difference.

There's really only a handful of experienced players that won't notice a difference when shooting Tyrants. Those are the people with actual pro level gaming experience. Nosgoth hit detection is a bit different than conventional shooters, as stated here. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8862&p=78492#post78492) In my opinion this makes experience players much stronger than they would be in other games (especially at longer ranges), but I understand that it's an important component of the game due to its asymmetry.

A small percentage tweak overall, has a large impact on independent proportions; such as length of limbs. So, animations that extend the limbs; walking, climbing, and melee shouldn't make him as big a target as he's always been. I actually suggested scaling down Tyrant last year (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=17052), but forgot about it because no one debated me lol. In hindsight, my suggestion of 10-15% was way too much, but we'll have to see if 2.5% is enough.

And as for Tyrant's overperforming against new players, I think you might be overlooking a few recent changes to him that already effect him against new players; new melee, and Ground Slam timing changes.

HoopleDoople
12th Mar 2015, 21:33
There's really only a handful of experienced players that won't notice a difference when shooting Tyrants. Those are the people with actual pro level gaming experience. Nosgoth hit detection is a bit different than conventional shooters, as stated here. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8862&p=78492#post78492) In my opinion this makes experience players much stronger than they would be in other games (especially at longer ranges), but I understand that it's an important component of the game due to its asymmetry.

A small percentage tweak overall, has a large impact on independent proportions; such as length of limbs. So, animations that extend the limbs; walking, climbing, and melee shouldn't make him as big a target as he's always been. I actually suggested scaling down Tyrant last year (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=17052), but forgot about it because no one debated me lol. In hindsight, my suggestion of 10-15% was way too much, but we'll have to see if 2.5% is enough.

And as for Tyrant's overperforming against new players, I think you might be overlooking a few recent changes to him that already effect him against new players; new melee, and Ground Slam timing changes.

That is some great information about the hitboxes. I am certainly more optimistic that the change will have a noticeable effect at all skill levels.

You are also correct that the amount the Tyrant overperforms when used by/against beginners has decreased. However, he still overperforms by virtue of being able to damage and knockdown potentially the entire enemy team with Charge. This is also probably the easiest Vampire primary ability to acquire relative competence with.

Shikei001
13th Mar 2015, 14:56
Vanguards block has changed... If u block a pounce now u still get knocked down but no impact dmg... didn't saw that in the patch notes tho ._.

TheTfboy
14th Mar 2015, 21:23
"Being knocked down will no longer consume the cooldown of abilities unless they have activated. This was previously true for some, but not all, abilities, and specifically fixes Dive Bomb, Draining and Disabling Curse, Jump Attack, and Takeoff."
THANK GOD. Seriously though, this was one of the main issues I had with the game. Thank you.

warpster69
14th Mar 2015, 22:44
So I logged in tonight at 7:30pm gmt. No "capture the body". Loaded the game again at 8:00pm GMT and still no "capture the body".
Why is it not showing up??

PencileyePirate
15th Mar 2015, 00:44
So I logged in tonight at 7:30pm gmt. No "capture the body". Loaded the game again at 8:00pm GMT and still no "capture the body." Why is it not showing up?

There's an arrow that shows up to the right of the flashpoint icon. Click it to show next (CTC) game-mode icon.