PDA

View Full Version : Collectible Mode is Cool

zackdollars
11th Mar 2015, 04:32
I really appreciate this mode for getting all of the photos. I think this mode should be explained when you finish the game. I put the game down for a while after beating it for the 1st time. I would have replayed it immediately if I knew about this mode.

I haven't use the "restart game from this chapter" options, but they could be very useful.

ScottBlows
11th Mar 2015, 10:18
Thanks for the feedback Zack, it does seem that a lot of players miss this option. Glad you enjoyed the collectible mode, it's a really nice way to fill up on achievements.

zackdollars
11th Mar 2015, 17:00
I was watching the credits roll last night, and remember seeing your name. :worship:

Save files are becoming less and less intuitive with many games. I'm always afraid to reload old saves without a full understanding. In Life Is Strange, there's no explanation of what will happen before I click on a save to replay. You have to click it first, then you see the options.

EternalAmbiguity
11th Mar 2015, 21:25
...What is this mode?

zackdollars
11th Mar 2015, 23:35
If you beat the game, you can load that save, and you are given this option. The collectible mode shows you progress on your photos for each chapter. You can replay the chapter to acquire any missed photos without affecting the consequences. It will only save the photo.

EternalAmbiguity
12th Mar 2015, 00:00
If you beat the game, you can load that save, and you are given this option. The collectible mode shows you progress on your photos for each chapter. You can replay the chapter to acquire any missed photos without affecting the consequences. It will only save the photo.

Wow.

I've spent the last two weeks wanting to play again, but not wanting to ruin the choices I made.

Thank you. This is awesome.

zackdollars
12th Mar 2015, 05:07
You're welcome. It's really generous for the developer to make this mode. I also used the "Restart game from this chapter using...". This allowed me to quickly access the Maxine Dance Scene to make that animated gif (without overriding the original file).

EternalAmbiguity
14th Mar 2015, 16:34
Yeah I may wind up restarting the game from about the same point so I can get the last picture.