PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Guard FIX/UPDATE and BUFF exp you gain whit Sacrifice and OTHER problems

KryptoniteS
3rd Mar 2015, 21:52
Hi all i am KryptoniteS. Prophet is my favorite human class. Today i noticed something very frustrating after i bought Eldritch guard and Sacrifice and used them in games afterwards.

Lets star whit Eldritch guard and its problem:

325 / amount of shield is alright. And 20sec CD is in my opinion little too high. 15would suffice. We are talking about 325shieald not 400 and more. The thing i want to say and highlight is when i use eldritch guard on someone and that one recieve dmg (lives/dies) after dmg is taken not importnat is that my eldritch guard i used on him did not count as SUPPORT ?!!! like what? then tell me what was that if not support points?
If that is NOT support spell then i am wrong and i admit it. But i am not wrong thats why i writing this on forum for you to read and fix this ASAP. If you put some program that can register that the user i used on him my eldritch guard recieved dmg then add 325 shield nummber in my bottom support bar and count it as support and give me exp for that. Reward me/other players who are trying to save other teammates.

Now to get to Sacrifice problem:
There is no negative thing to say about this spell because it acctualy counts amount of HP you head someone as support and thats good. BUT,i want to highlight the amount of exp you gain from healing your teammates!
How is it possible that i who heal my teammates whit over 3000 HP (once i heald even over 5500) get SAME score of 2500 and 2nd in team + i am trying to shoot,kill and not just be pure support healer and guy who is 1st (lets say Vanguard) have 2800score aroumd 14 kills 10death 15k dmg and 800heal support. How can that be possible ? Why is my work of trying to help others and heal them in face of death value so LITTLE ? Do you even know how much is hard to heal anyone over 2000 ? and i am speaking hear whit nummbers over 3000 HP in support! Please do something about this,rise % you get from healing (supporting) your teammates.

Your maybe asking your self, why is he telling us this? I dont see big deal of amount of exp for support and etc.

I am someone who started playing Nosgoth 1st day it was released (22.January) and little more thatn a month i have over 100 hours in nosgoth. So you do the math of hours in 30days i spent playing this game. And that is not even the point,point is i am not some noob who doesnt know what hes saying and diregard this post and attempt to help and improve Nosgoth even more.
The point is that while i was playing i ONLY ONCE saw other Prophet actually use Sacrifice and Eldritch guard in one other game. What is that telling you? How much games did you saw other Prophet use supporting spells except for Life Leech? i bet you can cound them on fingers of your one hand.
What is that telling you? That a loot of player dont know that culture/sense of helping other is actually WORTH IT! Dear Nosgoth i think players, especially new players should learn the value that if you help someone you will be rewarded good amount of EXP at least for doing that and not just poor % like right now. And do something that change that would make other Prophets use more offten supporting spells because they can be much more efective in some games then just spaming Life Leech and doing nothing expt. daying at the end yourself.

Last thing i want to say is SPREAD for heavy pistols is insulting.
I played and farm Prophet to lvl 18 whit just heavy pistols until there was patch that rised spread for HUGE 10%,i am saying HUGE because players like me who were ,,masters,, of heavy pistols suddenly became noobs who cant hit anything even Tyrants in front of you, and why is that? Because of spread. I even have ,Dead eye perk, and even whit that my spread is huge. My bullets who should hit target in front of me,i miss not bcs. its my fault its bcs. spread is over whole vampire and every bullet pass right next to him. I am asking you to fix this problem and reduce spread to 5%. Yes,you can say to me ,,Change gun your using noob,, etc. But no other gun is HEAVY gun i love so much. And even now as i am writhing this i am trying to play Prophet whit heavy but whit soo much less efficiency just because of spread.

Thank you for reading this. Tell me what you think about this post and what you think Prophet needs more.

KryptoniteS.

crutchie
4th Mar 2015, 14:35
I'll bite and not to refute you as you have some valid points.

I have yet to pick up eldritch guard. Not that's it's a horrible spell, mostly due to my lack of luck using sacrifice.

The fact that you think that the experience is important is incredibly valid due to it reflecting the amount of gold you get. This makes me wonder if they ever looked at adjusting the gold received at the end vs the amount of exp you get for damage and healing, and final blows etc.

You are correct that eldritch guard is most likely the least used prophet item. Though I do believe it receives far more love than echo location.

From my experience though, with me finally getting my prophet up to level 22, I don't use sacrifice or eldritch guard mostly due to me not trusting my teammates. I've put in a ton of time, and I've healed some poor alchemist up who is getting double teamed. Watched her drop the 2 vamps then run off while I'm getting hit by the deceiver. It's a big nope in my opinion. If I pugged less I would maybe use it more.

However I the other issue is that I firmly believe that control spells like HEX are far superior and healing is fairly weak on human side. This might have something to do with our maximum hit points, the damage the vampires can spit out and the ease of healing stations. If I hex a deceiver in the middle of a group, first of all, he's not coming after me secondly he's a big highlighted target that can't fight back. and he's dead most likely that in my opinion is a lot more hit points saved that I would of been healing people.

They recently buffed eldritch guard making the cast time faster, I think that's great. I'll try it some time, most likely when I'm messing around, maybe not on ts, but with a couple of players I know aren't retarded or raging nerds.

So not to invalidate your points, if someone likes healing great, maybe they should look at the contribution of exp to the end game. I'm just trying to show why I don't roll with sacrifice or guard. I really don't want to start what spell is better fight as it goes with too many situational things. Personally I think the prophet is in a very happy spot with a ton of spells all fairly useful compared to other classes. but the 2 defaults are amazing which I think is good as it gets rid of people complaining that this is a pay to win game.

crutchie
4th Mar 2015, 14:36
I'll bite and not to refute you as you have some valid points.

I have yet to pick up eldritch guard. Not that's it's a horrible spell, mostly due to my lack of luck using sacrifice.

The fact that you think that the experience is important is incredibly valid due to it reflecting the amount of gold you get. This makes me wonder if they ever looked at adjusting the gold received at the end for winning and losing vs the amount of exp you get for damage and healing, and final blows etc.

You are correct that eldritch guard is most likely the least used prophet item. Though I do believe it receives far more love than echo location.

From my experience though, with me finally getting my prophet up to level 22, I don't use sacrifice or eldritch guard mostly due to me not trusting my teammates. I've put in a ton of time, and I've healed some poor alchemist up who is getting double teamed. Watched her drop the 2 vamps then run off while I'm getting hit by the deceiver. It's a big nope in my opinion. If I pugged less I would maybe use it more.

However I the other issue is that I firmly believe that control spells like HEX are far superior and healing is fairly weak on human side. This might have something to do with our maximum hit points, the damage the vampires can spit out and the ease of healing stations. If I hex a deceiver in the middle of a group, first of all, he's not coming after me secondly he's a big highlighted target that can't fight back. and he's dead most likely that in my opinion is a lot more hit points saved that I would of been healing people.

They recently buffed eldritch guard making the cast time faster, I think that's great. I'll try it some time, most likely when I'm messing around, maybe not on ts, but with a couple of players I know aren't retarded or raging nerds.

So not to invalidate your points, if someone likes healing great, maybe they should look at the contribution of exp to the end game. I'm just trying to show why I don't roll with sacrifice or guard. I really don't want to start what spell is better fight as it goes with too many situational things. Personally I think the prophet is in a very happy spot with a ton of spells all fairly useful compared to other classes. but the 2 defaults are amazing which I think is good as it gets rid of people complaining that this is a pay to win game.