PDA

View Full Version : Hellstrike avoidance

Blackatana1
3rd Mar 2015, 19:34
I waited until I had a lot of experience dealing with the summoners before commenting.

I don't see any kind of early detection to avoid the hellstrike ability. Haze has the broken bottle sound, airstrike has the hissing fuse. hellstrike seems to only make noise at the point of impact. I know it makes noise when it is being fired but that is from the source, not the target location and if the summoner is far enough away you may not even hear that noise either.

I never see any kind of visual sign either. Again when its smacking you in the face for 400 damage its too late. I am talking about avoidance here.

What if any are the signs one can look out for.

Currently all I got is visibly seeing the summoner on a roof aiming at me as she fires it. Outside of that very lame warning I cant seem to see any means of actively avoiding it. Note: running around like a mad man to throw off their aim is not a viable option. It should fall in line with the other ranged vamp abilities with the humans having a chance to see it incoming and reasonably avoid it. Currently getting pegged by this thing is just the way it works. especially if the summoner is a roof camper who waits until their team engages before using it.

Gozetassj9
3rd Mar 2015, 22:15
It may be a bit harder to hear and see because the summoner has to be in LOS and standing still to cast it, kinda like deceiver MC. With that said i find it way easier to avoid than MC.

There is a swooshing/hissing sound that seems to get louder as the spell gets closer along with an area on the ground a split second before the spell actually hits. Most of the time if I didn't avoid it it's just because I was distracted or it was well placed and didn't get out in time, not that I didn't hear it coming.

It does give less time to react once you hear it than airstrike or haze for sure. If they aim it well and hit you with it right in the center even if you hear it and roll out of the way you'll take some damage but only like 90.

--Ram--
4th Mar 2015, 07:00
There is still very little. Still 90% of guys will drop summons then hellstrike, so when you see summons be on the lookout. Also if you are low and on a health station be prepared to roll away at all times.

AdmiralPPR
4th Mar 2015, 09:05
I find it even hard to avoid it if I see the summoner casting it, because you don't have any indicator exactly where it will land ^^

_Kine_
5th Mar 2015, 13:51
Unsure if it's lag on my end or an actual tell but I see the blue charred point of impact on the ground before it actually explodes to deal damage. About 1 full second. Purple tracers will converge on the ground. Charred point of impact appears along with the SFX. Then 1 second later it explodes dealing damage.

kLauE187
5th Mar 2015, 15:35
It's most of the times easy avoidable if you melee-roll in a direction where you dont expect he aimed for. use small edges or fall back into corners etc. you should spot summoners before they have time to freely hellstrike you to get some damage off. if you are not aware at all times where your enemies are you cant properly positioning before engages and get punished for it.

Unsure if it's lag on my end or an actual tell but I see the blue charred point of impact on the ground before it actually explodes to deal damage. About 1 full second. Purple tracers will converge on the ground. Charred point of impact appears along with the SFX. Then 1 second later it explodes dealing damage.

I think you mean Abyssal Bolt, not Hellstrike.

_Kine_
5th Mar 2015, 16:26
hellstrike

Blackatana1
5th Mar 2015, 17:20
It's most of the times easy avoidable if you melee-roll in a direction where you dont expect he aimed for. use small edges or fall back into corners etc. you should spot summoners before they have time to freely hellstrike you to get some damage off. if you are not aware at all times where your enemies are you cant properly positioning before engages and get punished for it.

You repeated what I already said. The only means of avoidance is if you have line of sight on the summoner as they are casting the hellstrike and you roll accordingly. Any player worth their salt is going to make sure your not looking at them when they cast the spell.