PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - March 3rd, 2015

Saikocat
3rd Mar 2015, 13:32
Below are the patch notes for our March 3rd patch:

Daily Rewards

Daily Rewards are now available! There are three tiers of rewards (Days 1-3, Days 4-6, and Day 7) that escalate the more days you log in consecutively. Day 7 offers exclusive skins for the Hunter, Alchemist, and Tyrant.

Balancing

Vanguard

Shield Stance (RMB)

Fixed an exploit that allowed Shield Stance to bypass weapon firing, allowing players to throw faster than intended
Exiting Shield Stance now prevents firing until the animation to return to idle has completed
Reduced total block amount to 700 damage (was 1000)

Rousing Cry

No longer stacks from multiple Vanguards
Cooldown increased to 25 seconds (was 20)

Weapons

Reduced collision size on all weapons by 25%

Kama

Damage reduced to 215 (was 230)

Impaler Axe

Damage reduced to 190 (was 215)
DoT reduced to 40/sec (was 50/sec)

Splitter Axe

Damage reduced to 115x2 (was 120x2)

Prophet

Sacrifice

Now consumes cooldown faster to mitigate combinations with other healing skills. Can still heal a teammate from 0->full, but using it that long will consume the full cooldown rather than only part of it.

Bugs

Fixed an issue preventing chat messages shorter than 6 characters from being sent
Fixed an anti-cheat measure that could sometimes cause players to lag at the start of matches
Fixed a startup crash related to hardware detection and commandline switches like "-nomoviesstartup". This is not a valid command, please use "-nomovies" if you want to bypass loading screens.

Da_Wolv
3rd Mar 2015, 13:45
No Changes to Vampire Melee? :eek:

WoG-Hazaa
3rd Mar 2015, 13:48
No fixes to Tyrant? He still misses many hits way too easily.. Missing hits equals death for the fattie.. :(

Vampmaster
3rd Mar 2015, 13:49
Any progress on the spawn point issues? All players have been starting at the same place on flashpoint possibly since the mode was released. Also, the capture points start filling up before the game as officially started. And we still have the issue with some players being unable to join parties that aren't yet in a lobby.

FireWorks_
3rd Mar 2015, 13:51
Any details how the reward system works? I just log in 7 days in a row and get a reward?:confused: Sounds too good to be true...

Did the scoreboard change mentioned in the road map make it in this patch?

What about the achievements? Are they all working now?
Will summoner and vanguard see some soon?

Saikocat
3rd Mar 2015, 13:55
Yep, you'll be able to earn rewards by logging in for consecutive days. We'll do an update about how it works and some new screenshots of the skins.

The scoreboard changes unfortunately were slightly held up, so didn't make it into this patch, but they're coming soon.

No change to achievements in this patch but I'll let you know once there's news on that.

Sanguise23
3rd Mar 2015, 13:55
Yep, you'll be able to earn rewards by logging in for consecutive days. We'll do an update about how it works and some new screenshots of the skins.

The scoreboard changes unfortunately were slightly held up, so didn't make it into this patch, but they're coming soon.

No change to achievements in this patch but I'll let you know once there's news on that.

just loggin in? i would think you would have to play one match

Jmthebigman
3rd Mar 2015, 13:56
Why didnt war axe get a nerf? you said all axes will get tweaked. I feel splitter and kama are tweaked down a little to prevent people who defended Impaler axe against the horde who cried its OP without stating any arguments to why ((which it wasnt)) to be mad.

Impaler Axe first 215+50 = 265 at each HIT in constant hitting.
War Axe 285, left untouched.
Impaler Axe after nerf in consecutive hitting 190+40 = 230

Now even the splitter axe deals same damage per hit as the Impaler; but the Splitter axe is easier to hit 1 vamp up close and is faster to spam (10% faster). well done!!!

selkirie
3rd Mar 2015, 13:56
Below are the patch notes for our March 3rd patch:

Balancing

Weapons

Reduced collision size on all weapons by 25%

Kama

Damage reduced to 215 (was 230)

Impaler Axe

Damage reduced to 190 (was 215)
DoT reduced to 40/sec (was 50/sec)

Splitter Axe

Damage reduced to 115x2 (was 120x2)

[/LIST]

http://www.vpfunzworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/that-feels-good-meme--272x273.png

j4m41k4n0
3rd Mar 2015, 14:00
Nosgoth Steps:

1st - New patch
2nd- whiners complaining
3rd - Weapons nerf

if you keep that way someday weapons will do 0,00001 damage.

Excuse my poor english.

KDmP_Raze
3rd Mar 2015, 14:01
I'm glad VG got hit with the nerf hammer. Hopefully this will be enough to balance him. I'm kinda shocked he will still be the stealth killer since his axes make NO SOUND when they hit you. I think the impact sound needs to directly relate to the amount of damage recieved so VG should hit for 10 damage in that regard :).

I'm also really surprised the vamp melee wasn't adjusted some. Especially the tyrant, the melee travel distance nerf was good for the other fast vamps but tyrant is so much more clunky and slow now. If we had the original travel distance on tyrant I think he would be viable at high levels instead of just a CC soaker.

It really sucks to have your perfect jump ruined by a CC and you do NO damage when you land. It should CC you but the jump land damage should be nerfed somewhat but not ALL of it. maybe allow the damage but take away the Stagger.

I'm kinda surprised someone was asking for a tyrant nerf above. one of the only benefits of playing a tyrant is the ability to hit multiple players with a single melee hit. i have more tyrant melee misses than ANY other class by far.

As of right now, tyrant is SLOWER than he was a month ago. The weakest vamp is much weaker with the last patch. Too bad cause tyrant's skills are really fun to play. PLEASE INCREASE TYRANT MELEE DISTANCE.

PS: please add colors to the scoreboard numbers. as in - all kills red all takedowns orange ect.

WoG-Hazaa
3rd Mar 2015, 14:04
I'm glad VG got hit with the nerf hammer. Hopefully this will be enough to balance him. I'm kinda shocked he will still be the stealth killer since his axes make NO SOUND when they hit you. I think the impact sound needs to directly relate to the amount of damage recieved so VG should hit for 10 damage in that regard :).

I'm also really surprised the vamp melee wasn't adjusted some. Especially the tyrant, the melee travel distance nerf was good for the other fast vamps but tyrant is so much more clunky and slow now. If we had the original travel distance on tyrant I think he would be viable at high levels instead of just a CC soaker.

It really sucks to have your perfect jump ruined by a CC and you do NO damage when you land. It should CC you but the jump land damage should be nerfed somewhat but not ALL of it. maybe allow the damage but take away the Stagger.

I'm kinda surprised someone was asking for a tyrant nerf above. one of the only benefits of playing a tyrant is the ability to hit multiple players with a single melee hit. i have more tyrant melee misses than ANY other class by far.

As of right now, tyrant is SLOWER than he was a month ago. The weakest vamp is much weaker with the last patch. Too bad cause tyrant's skills are really fun to play. PLEASE INCREASE TYRANT MELEE DISTANCE.

Wasn't asking for a nerf, i ment that Tyrant hit detection sucks. Melee goes OVER enemies heads i.e. and misses them with direct hit. :) I love Tyrant, but hate that he sucks atm..

C_Romo
3rd Mar 2015, 14:07
Why didnt war axe get a nerf? you said all axes will get tweaked. I feel splitter and kama are tweaked down a little to prevent people who defended Impaler axe against the horde who cried its OP without stating any arguments to why ((which it wasnt)) to be mad.

Impaler Axe first 215+50 = 265 at each HIT in constant hitting.
War Axe 285, left untouched.
Impaler Axe after nerf in consecutive hitting 190+40 = 230

Now even the splitter axe deals same damage per hit as the Impaler; but the Splitter axe is easier to hit 1 vamp up close and is faster to spam (10% faster). well done!!!

Two seconds. It was 100 extra damage over two seconds, now it is 80 extra damage over two seconds.

KDmP_Raze
3rd Mar 2015, 14:15
Wasn't asking for a nerf, i ment that Tyrant hit detection sucks. Melee goes OVER enemies heads i.e. and misses them with direct hit. :) I love Tyrant, but hate that he sucks atm..
You're right sorry I totally misread that! we agree totally on tyrant melee issues!

WoG-Hazaa
3rd Mar 2015, 14:29
How long the maintenance will last, any ETA?

Jmthebigman
3rd Mar 2015, 14:34
Two seconds. It was 100 extra damage over two seconds, now it is 80 extra damage over two seconds.

Glad to see you dont know how the mechanics works,
consecutive hitting would reset the DoT.
so hitting the next axe at exactly 1 second after the first would only deal 50% of the extra damage. -> 190+40

NomzNomz
3rd Mar 2015, 14:43
I have ingested too much sugar. I need Nosgoth @_________________@

WoG-Hazaa
3rd Mar 2015, 14:46
so hitting the next axe at exactly 1 second after the first would only deal 50% of the extra damage. -> 190+40

You have to remember that bleed starts regeneration timer again. Bleeding and fleeing vamp won't be able to return to battle as fast, if he doesn't want to die fast. This is a bonus also for bleeding weapons and prolly that's why they nerf damage over time.

Also VG damage was pretty op mostly, so i can't understand the criticism of the nerfs. War axe ain't so good, because it is slow and can only be thrown 5 times. Missing throws with WA kinda puts you in a bad situation.

--Ram--
3rd Mar 2015, 14:55
War axe ain't so good, because it is slow and can only be thrown 5 times. Missing throws with WA kinda puts you in a bad situation.

While this is true and I think all the axes are fairly well even now, war axe benefits the most from + clip size, so adding tinkerer and a clip size MI will push the war axe to 7 axes, it could potentially become a clear winner then. a 1995 damage clip is nothing the sneeze at. Then again a 9 clip impaling axe may still be better.

RIP 500 dps machine gun axe throwing.

Jmthebigman
3rd Mar 2015, 14:59
You have to remember that bleed starts regeneration timer again. Bleeding and fleeing vamp won't be able to return to battle as fast, if he doesn't want to die fast. This is a bonus also for bleeding weapons and prolly that's why they nerf damage over time.

Also VG damage was pretty op mostly, so i can't understand the criticism of the nerfs. War axe ain't so good, because it is slow and can only be thrown 5 times. Missing throws with WA kinda puts you in a bad situation.

same goes for missing any weapon. I could easily rival my damage in a game with the war axe (pre-patch) Only decided Impale had its added effect of tracking vamps that went behind a building after 1 hit.

WoG-Hazaa
3rd Mar 2015, 15:11
same goes for missing any weapon. I could easily rival my damage in a game with the war axe (pre-patch) Only decided Impale had its added effect of tracking vamps that went behind a building after 1 hit.

It's not about the weapon damage there really, but the regeneration CD. You can deal the same damage or higher damage with war axe easily yes. i imagine the scenario as when you start to throw WA at 2nd target the 1st one already has regene starting. Impaler instead keeps 2 vamps out of regeneration in the same scenario, so that is a huge bonus.

chriZor
3rd Mar 2015, 15:18
Good Job !:thumb:

FireWorks_
3rd Mar 2015, 15:21

Thanks for the answers, Cat!

Psyonix_Corey
3rd Mar 2015, 15:22
Quick heads up - if you have trouble with -nomovies, try -nomovie without the "s".
We'll make sure -nomovies works next patch, something got mixed up in the fix process.

WoG-Hazaa
3rd Mar 2015, 15:25
Quick heads up - if you have trouble with -nomovies, try -nomovie without the "s".
We'll make sure -nomovies works next patch, something got mixed up in the fix process.

When can we play is the big question here? :worship:

Ankore-
3rd Mar 2015, 15:27
How exactly works that command? What is her function and where to put it? any chat?

HoopleDoople
3rd Mar 2015, 15:31
This patch is a good start but the Vampire melee changes need to be addressed in the near future. Design goals included:

...to allow more flexibility and mobility in melee combat...
... make melee more responsive and skillful...

Unfortunately the changes have failed miserably at this. Melee combat is horribly clunky and does not fit with the Vampire's play style. It is significantly harder to keep pace with enemies while meleeing, particularly for the Reaver. The Reaver cannot even keep pace with walking enemies when meleeing (and that assumes you landed the first hit to slow them!) - constantly being forced to walk or roll closer to enemies kills his DPS and limits his options. Charged melees have also had their utility dramatically reduced, removing an essential tool for skilled Vampires.

We will be keeping a very close eye on this change and tuning as necessary based on your feedback.

The feedback has been overwhelmingly negative from what I've seen. I would greatly appreciate if someone could confirm that the developers are aware of the problem. Even better would be info on how this will be fixed and when we might expect the fix to be implemented. I would personally recommend an immediate reversion of the changes pending better thought out tweaks. At the very least the ground a Vampire can cover while meleeing must not be lower than it was pre-Vanguard. Ranged is so overwhelmingly superior to melee that the Vampires need to be able keep landing hits when they get in close.

Jmthebigman
3rd Mar 2015, 15:37
It's not about the weapon damage there really, but the regeneration CD. You can deal the same damage or higher damage with war axe easily yes. i imagine the scenario as when you start to throw WA at 2nd target the 1st one already has regene starting. Impaler instead keeps 2 vamps out of regeneration in the same scenario, so that is a huge bonus.

If a vamp has a chance to escape, which mostly they dont have.

edit: was nice talking to you, probably one of the very few that actually gives arguments about something regarding saying something is strong, something is OP, something is UP etc etc.

Saikocat
3rd Mar 2015, 15:37
Hey everyone

We'll be lifting maintenance shortly! :)

How exactly works that command? What is her function and where to put it? any chat?

You would put this in your launch options on Steam. So right-click on Nosgoth in your Steam library, go to Properties, and on the first tab click on the Launch Options button.

In there, you add that command as a line (-nomovie).

C_Romo
3rd Mar 2015, 15:38

I'm so sorry I read it too fast. My mistake. Accept my apologies, sir, you are totally right.
But Impaler Axe is still usefull for noobs like me who don't have 100% accuracy. :)

Saikocat
3rd Mar 2015, 15:40
We're out of maintenance now!

Dze5Xeno
3rd Mar 2015, 15:48
Hi, Im crashing everytime I try to open Nosgoth. I crash during the launch.

_Kine_
3rd Mar 2015, 16:02
Daily Rewards

Day 7 offers exclusive skins for the Hunter, Alchemist, and Tyrant.

Question to Devs:

1. Exclusive skins being brand new skins exclusive to daily rewards or just one of the old ones from the store ?

2. Is private matches back online ? I'm still getting 'Cannot Enter Matchmaking Queue' error.

Ysanoire
3rd Mar 2015, 16:06
Question to Devs:

1. Exclusive skins being brand new skins exclusive to daily rewards or just one of the old ones from the store ?

They are recolours of default skins. I believe they're the ones that can be seen in the footage from earlier dev streams, like here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjC9F_TpUsw&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqjC9F_TpUsw&has_verified=1

I drew some gold on my first login after the patch. The lottery thing looks neat, I'm looking forward to finding out what all the different rewards are.

Saikocat
3rd Mar 2015, 16:18

Could you try adding this line in your launch options?

Open up Steam, and right-click on Nosgoth
In the first tab, click on "Set Launch Options"
Enter the following line:
-nomovie
Hit OK
Close all windows and start the game

--Ram--
3rd Mar 2015, 16:20
I drew some gold on my first login after the patch. The lottery thing looks neat, I'm looking forward to finding out what all the different rewards are.

Also received some gold, looks like boosters are among the rarer drops from what I can tell. I liked the presentation of the reward drop as well, that suspense!

Dze5Xeno
3rd Mar 2015, 16:25
I did. No luck =_(.

selkirie
3rd Mar 2015, 16:29

-nomovie
Hit OK

Having the same crash on startup. Tried your suggestion, didn't work aswell.
Sent my files to you guys so you can check what the problem is.

Dze5Xeno
3rd Mar 2015, 16:29

-nomovie
Hit OK

I did. No luck =_(

Jmthebigman
3rd Mar 2015, 16:30
I got a 20% all booster; lasts 24 hours.
Only I got a founders booster active, so I hope it doesnt deplete would like to save it :P

FireWorks_
3rd Mar 2015, 16:32
How is "log in every day" defined in this reward system? Every calendar day, what time zone?

I did. No luck =_(

Try to remove all launch options there.

Did the game work for you ever before? Did the last patch work for you?

neoVictrix
3rd Mar 2015, 16:37
So I have to say nice work on the damage changes to the axes. Haven't gone in-game yet to see how the change works in action, but I honestly think they're reasonable. Looking forward to that update on the information for the Daily Rewards.

Dze5Xeno
3rd Mar 2015, 16:39
Try to remove all launch options there.

Did the game work for you ever before? Did the last patch work for you?

Everything was fine till today. I have no other launch options either.

RazielWarmonic
3rd Mar 2015, 16:57
Daily Rewards

Daily Rewards are now available! There are three tiers of rewards (Days 1-3, Days 4-6, and Day 7) that escalate the more days you log in consecutively. Day 7 offers exclusive skins for the Hunter, Alchemist, and Tyrant.
As if I needed another reason to play! Ohboyohboyohboybohboy!

Fixed a startup crash related to hardware detection and commandline switches like "-nomoviesstartup". This is not a valid command, please use "-nomovies" if you want to bypass loading screens.

Thanks for putting this back in. I really appreciate it. :)

Saikocat
3rd Mar 2015, 17:01
If you're experiencing crashing at startup with the new patch, can you send us your crash dump files?

They can be found in:
C:\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs

- The files end in .dmp
- You can email the files to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com
- Let us know in the email what you tried already (such as launch options you're using/used, if you tried a reinstall)

Psyonix_Eric
3rd Mar 2015, 17:45
They are recolors of existing skins but are exclusive to Daily Rewards.

Dze5Xeno
3rd Mar 2015, 17:49
If you're experiencing crashing at startup with the new patch, can you send us your crash dump files?

They can be found in:
C:\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs

- The files end in .dmp
- You can email the files to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com
- Let us know in the email what you tried already (such as launch options you're using/used, if you tried a reinstall)

Thanks Cat Ive send my files. Hope it gets fix soon.

=)

Guardian1uk
3rd Mar 2015, 18:00
Something that looks fine on paper but in practice is a terrible idea is the fact once the score gets so far imbalanced that no new players join.
If a player crashes either to menus or desktop they have NO OPTION to rejoin the match they left, and if the score gets imbalanced enough in the time it takes to relaunch the client and the matchmaker to put you into a match, you dont end up in the same match, and the poor team you were with ends up being bent over and passed lube by the other team...

Till the game has the option to reconnect to the game you were in and is STABLE ideas like "if the score gets imbalanaced too much you wont get any new players in the match" or penalties for "quitters" are a VERY VERY bad idea, in the case of "Quitters" there is no way to distinguish between someone who's quit and someone who's crashed and there's quite a lot of differance between the 2.

Also then there's also the fun players who call their team mates "noob" among other fun comments, and then end up quitting, usually because their blaming their team for their own mistakes, not staying close by their team mates and ensuring everyone's covering each other etc who now have a incentive to wait till it gets to the "point of no return" score wise just to quit at that point just to f**k over their team mates.

Basicly the current system gives more players on a team loosing , even more incentive to just quit, so the question becomes:
What happens when the ENTIRE opposing loosing team decides to all quit? The Currently winning team has to wait out the timer etc?

FireWorks_
3rd Mar 2015, 19:02
Ok I tried to play now. I crash to desktop when getting on server.

First I crashed on connect.

Started the game again, found the same match and crashed after less than half a minute again.

Both times I hot joined a running match. Ill send the logs to Greg now.

Chudomir
3rd Mar 2015, 19:14
It crashes before loading the main menu for me. I sent a crash log to the provided e-mail, anything else that might be done?

gzvirax
3rd Mar 2015, 19:31
Yet another change not listed in patch-notes:

- Shield bash damage reduced to 250 (was 275)

Psyonix really needs to start keeping better track of what they do ... every set of patch notes omits changes.

FireWorks_
3rd Mar 2015, 19:34

Psyonix really needs to start keeping better track of what they do ... every set of patch notes omits changes.

Agreed, full patch notes would be very much appreciated.

gzvirax
3rd Mar 2015, 19:42
P.S. VAMPIRE MELEE?

Equanimityjohn
3rd Mar 2015, 19:49

That's actually quite a huge change... I thought I had noticed it but I wasn't sure.

Sunsmith
3rd Mar 2015, 19:53

I'm not sure if this helps, as my problem might have been a different one, but here it goes:
We've bought a new computer after the 25 February patch, but before the 3 March patch and Nosgoth didn't work, we received the "Nosgoth has stopped working" message after the splash screen.
Today we got it working:
Although our windows version is 64 bit (Windows 7), we tried running the vcredist_x86.exe in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013 and the one of 2010. After running these programs, Nosgoth was finally working.

I hope this helps people.

Bubbahoteppppa
3rd Mar 2015, 20:03
so I am getting a windows error everytime I try to launch nosgoth, closes it before it even opens WTF

Chudomir
3rd Mar 2015, 20:24
Same problem here.

Bubbahoteppppa
3rd Mar 2015, 20:41
Sent an email wonder how many weeks before I can play

Chudomir
3rd Mar 2015, 21:24
Saikocat, do you have any insight on how long it's going to take for this problem to be fixed? :(

lucinvampire
3rd Mar 2015, 21:59

-nomovie
Hit OK

That didn't work for me :( but I tried a suggestion from Xtr3mBoltz from the Steam forums...

Okay guys, this is a temporarily fix to get around the issue.

-nosurvey
Hit OK

...and it now works :D thought I'd pass this on for people to try with a really BIG thank you to Xtr3mBoltz :thumb:

selkirie
3rd Mar 2015, 22:03
That didn't work for me :( but I tried a suggestion from Xtr3mBoltz from the Steam forums...

...and it now works :D thought I'd pass this on for people to try with a really BIG thank you to Xtr3mBoltz :thumb:

I can confirm that this magic trick worked !

Thank you so much lucinvampire !

Chudomir
3rd Mar 2015, 22:06
added the -nosurvey line, still nothing... did anybody try to reinstall the client, coz I really think its unnecessary?

FireWorks_
3rd Mar 2015, 22:10

Greg posted the -nosurvey last week here. Helped to get the game launching...

... now I just crash to desktop after a few seconds in the match. #stabilityPatch

Vampmaster
3rd Mar 2015, 22:31
Maybe both nosurvey and nomovie together would work?

Chudomir
4th Mar 2015, 00:07
Reinstalling VC redist 2010 and 2013 for x86 and adding the -nosurvey line actually did the trick. No more trouble. A big 'Thank you' to Greg Nichols from the psyonix support team that responded to my e-mail in less than an hour, I was not expecting such attention towards a f2p player. Nosgoth continues to impress and surpise in the best possible way!

snejjjj
4th Mar 2015, 12:00
1) Can u pls fix bugs instead of integrating a reward system?
2) Can u pls bring out human lvl25 skins instead of a reward system?
3) This reward systems sucks. If i login 28days/month i will get 4 skins. I dont need 20skins/class, i just need 1skin/class. A daily reward system like in the game "loadout" (giving you gold, runestones, and rarely items) would be better.
4) DONT NERF EVERYTHING IN THE GAME. THE KEY MIGHT be to buff other things to provoke opportunies to op-things.
5) THE VG dont need a nerf, just bugs had to be fixed.

sry 4 my german english

Saikocat
4th Mar 2015, 12:02
We're aware some players are experiencing crashing at startup with the new patch. We're investigating this further to resolve the issue, but in the meantime, please try this tip, as mentioned above:

Open up Steam, and right click on Nosgoth
Go to Properties
Click on "Set Launch Options"
-nosurvey
Click OK and launch the game

Greg posted the -nosurvey last week here. Helped to get the game launching...

... now I just crash to desktop after a few seconds in the match. #stabilityPatch

Is it happening during every match?

FireWorks_
4th Mar 2015, 12:58
Is it happening during every match?

Yes, in all 3 I could get in yesterday. None lasted longer than a minute.

-I already used -nosurvey.
-I tried to reinstall the x86 and x64 versions of VS redist 2010 and 2013 in the mean time (doubt it changed much since I did it last week, who knows^^). Couldnt get in a match to try it out though.

Update:
I found a hint to get dot net 4.5.2 and this seemed to help. The half match I managed to join didnt crash on me.

PS: Pls bring a way to tackle leaving...

Update2: Crashed again at match start after 2 working matches.

lucinvampire
4th Mar 2015, 13:11
Daily Rewards

[/LIST]

I have a question on rewards: how are the days calculated across time zones (eg Tue in UK is not Tue in Aus)....or is it matched on just your last log in 24 hours period?

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, I'm assuming it'll be shared in the blog/a post at some point?

Obisher
4th Mar 2015, 14:52
I have a question on rewards: how are the days calculated across time zones (eg Tue in UK is not Tue in Aus)....or is it matched on just your last log in 24 hours period?

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, I'm assuming it'll be shared in the blog/a post at some point?

My guess is that the system counts new day after midnight GMT. I played during that time and as soon as the match ended I received a new daily reward. Friend who was playing with me also received the reward after that match.

Saikocat
4th Mar 2015, 16:15
Will be posting a blog up with a run through, but yes. The new day starts at midnight GMT.

1) Can u pls fix bugs instead of integrating a reward system?
2) Can u pls bring out human lvl25 skins instead of a reward system?
3) This reward systems sucks. If i login 28days/month i will get 4 skins. I dont need 20skins/class, i just need 1skin/class. A daily reward system like in the game "loadout" (giving you gold, runestones, and rarely items) would be better.
4) DONT NERF EVERYTHING IN THE GAME. THE KEY MIGHT be to buff other things to provoke opportunies to op-things.
5) THE VG dont need a nerf, just bugs had to be fixed.

sry 4 my german english

Bug fixes were included in this patch, and will be in others too. It's something the team are always working on. Balancing changes don't always include nerfs, but sometimes they're necessary! We will be keeping an eye on feedback though to see how everyone gets on.

The level 25 skins are being developed. They are entirely new skins though, not recolours. They are on the way!

The skins are just a few of the rewards, the others are along the lines of what you describe (XP boosters, Gold, vouchers).

lucinvampire
4th Mar 2015, 16:17
Obisher thank you :)

Will be posting a blog up with a run through, but yes. The new day starts at midnight GMT for European players, and midnight EST for North American players.

Coolio :D thank you for the information

Saikocat
4th Mar 2015, 17:04
Adjusted my post slightly for how it works at the moment (timing), until I can confirm otherwise. We're getting some new images ready for everyone too, to show off the those skins :)

GenFeelGood
5th Mar 2015, 02:06
Is there an alternative to Rousing Cry for the Vanguard coming soon? Rousing Cry is nice, but I enjoy dealing damage more than healing; and if I wanna be a healer I'll go Alchemist.

PencileyePirate
5th Mar 2015, 02:09
Fix immortal stalkers please.

_Kine_
5th Mar 2015, 06:00
We're getting some new images ready for everyone too, to show off the those skins :)

Cat - any chance art dept can release some screenies of the alchemist face too (no masks) ?

Saikocat
5th Mar 2015, 17:11
Hi all,

Just to confirm, for now, the "day" in this new Daily Rewards feature resets at midnight GMT (for everyone). We'll may adjusting that though for different regions, so more on that once it is tweaked.

Cat - any chance art dept can release some screenies of the alchemist face too (no masks) ?

General, or for this new skin? The new screenies (still coming up) will be of the skin as it appears in-game.

_Kine_
5th Mar 2015, 17:18
General. Was wondering how she actually looks like because her face is partially hidden on all her skins.

PencileyePirate
12th Mar 2015, 17:54

Did you guys decide against this or just forget? As of today's patch BOTH of these crash my client.

DesolatedMaggot
12th Mar 2015, 22:27
Did you guys decide against this or just forget? As of today's patch BOTH of these crash my client.

Seems "-nostartupmovies" is again the command to use. :nut:

Psyonix_Corey
12th Mar 2015, 23:22

We specifically added support for -nomovies and it works 100% perfectly for us, so as of right now I have no idea why this is crashing you and others. It's bizarre.