PDA

View Full Version : HUMANS Rousing Cry - Suggestion

CommunistPrime
2nd Mar 2015, 01:34
We all love this ability. It prevents people from being poked to death. It'll save someone from that last strike. It lets you run like hell. And if you mix it with friends, you get even more power (I know that's a bug at the moment!)! And at the same time, we all have it for those same reasons. So let's cut to the suggestion(s)!

I was brainstorming in a game, and a few ideas popped up. Instead of healing 15% HP up to full health, why not heal up to 50%, or even 75% HP max (still healing 15% though!), that way it still forces Humans to move to a supply station, or allow a healing Alchemist and/or Prophet to fill in the gap. We also came up with the idea of perhaps adding a shield similar to Eldritch Guard (but less powerful, of course), or adding some damage resistance ala Ignore Pain (also reduced). Those final two could even be additional abilities, to give the Vanguard some buffing capabilities!

TheDreamcrusher
2nd Mar 2015, 02:45
So if I am reading correctly, you're suggesting Rousing Cry have a HP percentage cap it can heal up to? 75% or so might not be bad. I could also see the cap as being lore friendly since it's not supernatural or alchemical in nature. Rousing Cry makes HP appear more like Morale in Lord of the Rings Online.

I've been thinking about all the healing in the game now that the Vanguard has joined. Vampires have no way of healing that resides in an ability, yet if played poorly or surprised and all the vampires are weakened, there's only inevitable death in order to get back up to fighting readiness. If the new melee changes stay, I hope there's a tweak pass over human weapon damage or the vampires are given an ability in one class, probably Summoner, to get a little bit of HP back.

ParadoxicalOmen
2nd Mar 2015, 03:18
I think once they take out the healing stack, Rousing Cry won't replace the Alch's healing mist so well.

But either than that, i find it a bit weird that a battle cry is healing us...
I had the idea that Rousing Cry should lower the damage recieved (like a 10% damage reduce...like a mini ignore pain), and that it should stack at a lower rate. For example:
1 Rousing Cry = 10% damage reduced
2 Rousing Cry = 12% damage reduced
3 Rousing Cry = 14% damage reduced
4 Rousing Cry = 16% damage reduced

(the numbers are arbitrary btw)

CommunistPrime
2nd Mar 2015, 06:35
So if I am reading correctly, you're suggesting Rousing Cry have a HP percentage cap it can heal up to? 75% or so might not be bad. I could also see the cap as being lore friendly since it's not supernatural or alchemical in nature. Rousing Cry makes HP appear more like Morale in Lord of the Rings Online.

I've been thinking about all the healing in the game now that the Vanguard has joined. Vampires have no way of healing that resides in an ability, yet if played poorly or surprised and all the vampires are weakened, there's only inevitable death in order to get back up to fighting readiness. If the new melee changes stay, I hope there's a tweak pass over human weapon damage or the vampires are given an ability in one class, probably Summoner, to get a little bit of HP back.

That is correct! It'd be treated as more of a triage action than an actual healing ability, holding them over and speeding them up to get to that supply station.

And that is true, their only real advantage of health regeneration has been taken away with the way the Vanguard's heal works at this time.

CommunistPrime
2nd Mar 2015, 06:37
I think once they take out the healing stack, Rousing Cry won't replace the Alch's healing mist so well.

But either than that, i find it a bit weird that a battle cry is healing us...
I had the idea that Rousing Cry should lower the damage recieved (like a 10% damage reduce...like a mini ignore pain), and that it should stack at a lower rate. For example:
1 Rousing Cry = 10% damage reduced
2 Rousing Cry = 12% damage reduced
3 Rousing Cry = 14% damage reduced
4 Rousing Cry = 16% damage reduced

(the numbers are arbitrary btw)

I think that would be fun as an alternate ability to Rousing Cry, something like Defender's Roar (or even it could be a Shield Rattle!) to give more variety to their field of play.

Ygdrasel
2nd Mar 2015, 06:51
A healing cap would be fine. Resistance and other buffs should be alternate abilities for the slot. I'd just as soon leave healing to an Alchemist and fill the Rousing Cry slot with a defensive boost or something.

CommunistPrime
2nd Mar 2015, 18:58
A healing cap would be fine. Resistance and other buffs should be alternate abilities for the slot. I'd just as soon leave healing to an Alchemist and fill the Rousing Cry slot with a defensive boost or something.

Yeah, I think those would be great secondary abilities. I like the idea of having the Vanguard able to do a few different abilities, since right now him and the Summoner are fairly limited compared to the other more established classes.