PDA

View Full Version : A simple but nesscisary suggesstion

Archangel868
1st Mar 2015, 22:27
Please use the revenue generated by Nosgoth to bring back Dead Sun. I have been hoping for years that Dead Sun would be revived, and when the gameplay was released, i almost jumped out the window with excitement. With games like Assassin's Creed, Arkham whatever, and Shadow of Mordor (which somewhat copied the spirit realm thing) having such success, I think that Dead Sun would sell very well.

Thank you,
Archangel

Ygdrasel
1st Mar 2015, 22:50
I don't think you have any idea what "necessary" means...

I don't disagree - pending some writing changes - but it's far from 'necessary'.

Thamior2311
2nd Mar 2015, 19:01
Having seen the half an hour footage of scrapped material of Dead Sun I would agree that gameplay wise it would be a good game. I am not a LoK buff by any means but I have a friend who is. And his opinion is that thematically and aesthetically it wouldn't tie in very well with the legacy of LoK. LoK history is a huge baggage and its an enormous task to make a new game that would not alienate players new to the universe with so much detail and also please old time fans of the series. It seems they intended to cater to new players more and then decided it wouldn't work out. IMO that's why it was scrapped. Also I think that's sad.

Ygdrasel
2nd Mar 2015, 23:14
Having seen the half an hour footage of scrapped material of Dead Sun I would agree that gameplay wise it would be a good game. I am not a LoK buff by any means but I have a friend who is. And his opinion is that thematically and aesthetically it wouldn't tie in very well with the legacy of LoK. LoK history is a huge baggage and its an enormous task to make a new game that would not alienate players new to the universe with so much detail and also please old time fans of the series. It seems they intended to cater to new players more and then decided it wouldn't work out. IMO that's why it was scrapped. Also I think that's sad.

Soul Reaver was a massive shift from Blood Omen with very little actually tying the two together in any direct sense - Kain's name is still Kain and the Pillars are still called the Pillars - and it worked out fine.

It may have been a bad time to release it but they should definitely revive the project later down the line. Maybe with some consultants from the older games.

lucinvampire
3rd Mar 2015, 13:33
As mentioned on the other Dead Sun threads, please use the active one for suggestions etc.

Thank you.