PDA

View Full Version : Vanguard's block should interrupt his reload.

Equanimityjohn
1st Mar 2015, 05:11
Just as firing a weapon or using a skill with any other class (so long as there is ammo in the clip and/or the skill isn't on cooldown) interrupts your weapon reloads so too should going to put up your shield as a Vanguard. I see no reason why we should not be aloud to hold off reloading in order to defend ourselves if we suddenly find ourselves under attack.

DesolatedMaggot
3rd Mar 2015, 21:53
Agreed.

GenFeelGood
3rd Mar 2015, 21:59
Agreed, disable the auto reload. You shouldn't be able to defend while reloading; but you shouldn't be forced to reload and leave yourself open to attack as the enemy approaches when you have other options.

-Axon-
3rd Mar 2015, 22:55
This has to be implemented as you said, Equanimityjohn. There's no reason not to put such small tweak for the vanguard. Such situations like being attacked by a vampire while you're reloading (personally for me) happens each match. Interrupting a reload with RMB would be great turn-point if not a life-saver.

Equanimityjohn
4th Mar 2015, 04:14
It would be a slight buff, as far as I know, because I don't think it is possible to block and reload at the same time, nor do I think it should be.

PencileyePirate
5th Mar 2015, 02:06
I agree we should be able to use shield activation to cancel a reload, but I also wouldn't mind trying out simultaneous block + reload. I don't see why a single handed weapon couldn't be reloaded while shielding with the other arm (my only skepticism is for balance reasons.)

Ithaca
21st May 2015, 20:24
This is a massive issue for anyone who mains Vanguard. It's ridiculous that you are forced to die and reload like an idiot instead of block the damage while a team-mate helps you.

Equanimityjohn
21st Jan 2016, 16:24
I wish this was in the game! ;)

ParadoxicalOmen
24th Jan 2016, 23:50
It would be a slight buff, as far as I know, because I don't think it is possible to block and reload at the same time, nor do I think it should be.

It's not a buff...any other class can interrupt the reload to melee or use an ability.

It's **** annoying not to be able to block and shield-bash with zero ammo

TheDreamcrusher
25th Jan 2016, 06:05
Let's cut past all the crap and say what's really dumb here. Vanguard shouldn't be reloading because he isn't reloading anything.

enkaku-silence-
25th Jan 2016, 19:34
Let's cut past all the crap and say what's really dumb here. Vanguard shouldn't be reloading because he isn't reloading anything.

Scout is not reloading anything either.

Ygdrasel
25th Jan 2016, 19:58

So...What, he should be able to toss axes indefinitely?

ParadoxicalOmen
25th Jan 2016, 22:24
Ok...so lets buff his attack dmg, and make him reload after each axe throw :thumb:

GrayPhilosophy
26th Jan 2016, 15:33

On that note, I feel like both Scouts and Vanguards should just have 1 arrow/axe per "clip" and way shorter reload times to reload after each shot.

On topic: Definitely agree. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to interrupt reloading by blocking.

TheDreamcrusher
26th Jan 2016, 19:31
So...What, he should be able to toss axes indefinitely?

Ok...so lets buff his attack dmg, and make him reload after each axe throw :thumb:

On that note, I feel like both Scouts and Vanguards should just have 1 arrow/axe per "clip" and way shorter reload times to reload after each shot.

:thumb:

Ygdrasel
30th Jan 2016, 10:40

If he has any reload time, his throwing isn't indefinite...

One per clip + shortened reload though. Sounds nice in theory. Up to the devs if they want to let us test that out in practice.

Blocking should interrupt reload, certainly.

ParadoxicalOmen
1st Feb 2016, 01:09

TheDreamcrusher
1st Feb 2016, 03:42
If he has any reload time, his throwing isn't indefinite...

One per clip + shortened reload though. Sounds nice in theory. Up to the devs if they want to let us test that out in practice.

I'm not gonna die if this change is never made. It was an elephant in the room to me.