PDA

View Full Version : Getting stomped after Feb 25th patch.

GibbyNorcal
28th Feb 2015, 20:28
Title.
Since the patch I've gone from a decent player to a complete door mat. Both human and vampire side. Really disheartening because I really love this game.
Anyone else encountered this or do I just need to learn to play?

UzaruSchutzengel
28th Feb 2015, 21:25
I wouldnt say you need to git gud, mostly since this is a team based game so if you cant carry when you're playing with less experienced players, you'll most likely lose. I doubt the patch has anything to do with it, no major changes or anything (unless Vanguard turned the tides that much for you). Try to practice with your best human and vamp class, make sure you use the combo of skills and perks fitting your play. And pray for decent teammates, that's all I could advice.

Khalith
28th Feb 2015, 21:58
The humans are, and have always been, the significantly stronger of the two sides. Vanguard has indeed swung things in their favor even more so to a fairly noticeable degree, that being said, if you're losing as both sides it could be a few things.

1. You and/or your team might not be that good.
2. The other team could just be better.
3. The other team could be a premade.

ApollosBow
1st Mar 2015, 05:26
The humans are, and have always been, the significantly stronger of the two sides. Vanguard has indeed swung things in their favor even more so to a fairly noticeable degree, that being said, if you're losing as both sides it could be a few things.

1. You and/or your team didn't use enough vanguards when you played has humans.
2. The other team could be using 4 vanguards.
3. The other team could be using vanguards with Impaler axes.

^Fixed that for you.

Jallford
1st Mar 2015, 18:41
It's hard, but a lot of our MMR is inflated higher than it should be. I'm not the best player so I try to help the team as much as possible, I don't like the idea of carrys etc. but if there's one awesome player on your team, keeping them alive is often better than chasing kills you're not sure you can get.

Losing lots means you'll play against similar people, which is naff when you're in the middle of losing, but brilliant when you then find yourself in matches you enjoy more (not because they're then easy, but because you at least have a chance to compete). Have hope!