PDA

View Full Version : Support points and Eldrich Guard

Canadianpatriot
27th Feb 2015, 21:42
I have been playing Nosgoth for a year now and one of my favorite abilities is Eldrich Guard used by the Prophet. I was fine with coming third or last every match because of the games inability to detect the team saving power of this ability. However, now that I am getting achievements for using eldrich guard, and classes like the Vangaurd are getting support points for using their heal buff, I find it unjust that eldrich guard does not gain your support points in a match. I feel like a support. My teammates feel supported. Please give Eldrich Guard support points for dmg prevented.

ApollosBow
28th Feb 2015, 00:28
+1 this.....people actually go as far to thank me when I save there lives with it...And its 325 shield, that's a nice amount to give up an offense ability, I'm sure it would stack in support points a lot at the end of a match, should be implemented.

RainaAudron
28th Feb 2015, 10:58
I´ve thought this was supposed to be already implemented? Shield should count as support for sure.

-Konf-
28th Feb 2015, 15:44
I´ve thought this was supposed to be already implemented? Shield should count as support for sure.
Yeah I was under the same impression - that it was implemented already - but couldn't find it in the patch notes for the past few months. But to answer your question, Canadianpatriot, if I recall correctly Corey mentioned in one of the threads that the actual amount of damage absorbed through the shield should be regarded as healing (in other words "support"). So if it hasn't made its way to the game yet, it will eventually.

FireWorks_
28th Feb 2015, 15:59
I interpreted this the same way as you guys did.
Didnt try if the tyrant IP works.

Taken from Patchnotes of 19.02.2015:

Scoreboard
The scoreboard interface has been updated to include more relevant information for all players. With the new scoreboard layout, your avatar will be represented in a more visual style (showcasing the class you're spawned as with your chosen skin), and changes the details displayed below that.

Kills have been renamed to "Final Blows"
"Takedown" tallies your Kills and Assists
"Support" will list out the healing (and damage absorbed) that you have granted to teammates.
The map is displayed, with health stations marked for Humans
Ping information is displayed per player

ApollosBow
1st Mar 2015, 00:02
I interpreted this the same way as you guys did.
Didnt try if the tyrant IP works.

Taken from Patchnotes of 19.02.2015:

Im pretty sure shield doesnt give any points as iv used it in many games and been left with 0 support points, bug?