PDA

View Full Version : Scoring is broken, I love this game, Vanguard majorly OP, please fix

omgwtfnonameavailabl
27th Feb 2015, 02:20
To keep this short and sweet, the scoring system is broken. There are many examples I could give but I cant quite pick out how the algorithm works to tell you how it is wrong.

One major factor is that the Vanguard is OP. I can play a match using a non Vanguard character and have higher kills, more knockdowns, more damage, and way less score because he has been healing everyone in group.

Vanguard is OP enough; a tank with high DPS AND HEALS, but because scoring is broken it buffs his score even more to an unfair amount. It is very difficult to beat out a Vanguard when playing with one in team because of this. He essentially has to have really low kills and damage in order for you to stay on par. Any decent Vanguard is going to be first place because he is scoring on all tiers.

Here is another clear example that the scoring is broken:

BTW, I am Nick, in 2nd place.

http://i.imgur.com/I1EkXnP.png

If it isnt clear enough, I should clearly be in first place.. and take a close look and #3 and #4. #4 has much better stats than #3 but somehow he is last. And this this when the game just started.. Multiple this by ten towards the end of the game and things get really screwed up.. On a competitive game based on points THAT above all needs to be accurate. It is a game breaking issue.

Love this game, just want to see it more balanced.

P.S. don't take the example pic that I sent as the 'only' shining example the scoring system is messed up. There are many games I have crazy high damage and ranked way lower than someone with half my damage output because he someone gets lucky on final blows and or more knockdowns - who cares? If I am putting out more damage then my three team mates combined that says something.. Yet somehow that can happen and you can be in 3rd or 4th place.

That should not be...

Aggggh
27th Feb 2015, 03:19
Or you didn't deal as much damage on your assist and got less points off it.

omgwtfnonameavailabl
27th Feb 2015, 03:24
Or you didn't deal as much damage on your assist and got less points off it.

"P.S. don't take the example pic that I sent as the 'only' shining example the scoring system is messed up."

Aggggh
27th Feb 2015, 03:38
"P.S. don't take the example pic that I sent as the 'only' shining example the scoring system is messed up."
You're likely just not taking all the extra score bonuses people can get into account. Even a single double kill gives a pretty large score bonus that can easily make a difference. More damage doesn't mean much in a tdm if you can't finish the job.

omgwtfnonameavailabl
27th Feb 2015, 03:43
Look I completely get all that but the fact of the matter is the same. the scoring method is broken. THey are showing us X,Y,Z stats but the score itself isnt made up of X,Y,Z. Stop just playing a devil's advocate here, I was clear in my post that this screenshot isn't a sure account of how it is broken.

What say you of the fact the highest tank class also can outheal the healer and out dps the dps classes. If you want to win games, pick the vanguard and play mediocre. Even taking the VG out of the picture the scoring system needs work- that is all im saying.

Aggggh
27th Feb 2015, 03:47
Look I completely get all that but the fact of the matter is the same. the scoring method is broken. THey are showing us X,Y,Z stats but the score itself isnt made up of X,Y,Z. Stop just playing a devil's advocate here, I was clear in my post that this screenshot isn't a sure account of how it is broken.

What say you of the fact the highest tank class also can outheal the healer and out dps the dps classes. If you want to win games, pick the vanguard and play mediocre. Even taking the VG out of the picture the scoring system needs work- that is all im saying.
The scoring system rarely determines a win/loss so it doesn't really matter.

omgwtfnonameavailabl
27th Feb 2015, 04:09
I see that you are one of those people who just likes to argue. You clearly read what you wanted to hear instead of what I actually wrote.

Aggggh
27th Feb 2015, 16:24
I see that you are one of those people who just likes to argue. You clearly read what you wanted to hear instead of what I actually wrote.

You said that it's broken and that it's important for it not to be broken in a "competitive game based on points." I pointed out why other people had more points, and why player score doesn't matter. The only points that matter are kills/captures (in flashpoint). Individual Player scores are meaningless to match outcomes.

Bazielim
27th Feb 2015, 18:09
just a brief reminder to treat each other with respect, thanks guys

Ygdrasel
27th Feb 2015, 19:26
I can play a match using a non Vanguard character and have higher kills, more knockdowns, more damage, and way less score because he has been healing everyone in group.

...Yeah. That's because Support factors into score. Not broken.

Ysanoire
27th Feb 2015, 23:40
This is literally THE LEAST significant problem in this game I can possibly think of (if it's even a problem at all).

Who cares if you have a number 1 or 2 on your portrait?

maddpadd
28th Feb 2015, 00:16
I've seen one game draw on kills both rounds, the winning team was decided on most damage done not score!

Personally I dont worry about score, I've often have games where I will come last but have most kills least deaths, there might be a tyrant on my side going 0.5 kd out scoring me but its them that's creating the openings for the rest of the team to clean up wot they started & get picks......... if the scoring keeps that player happy ...so be it!

Personally I would like to see the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th rotation of players on the scoreboard removed as I am sick of having to try find myself on the scoreboard quickly every time I open it.
Its a needles clunky mechanic that only slows the opening & the use of it down & only serves to stroke fragile egos!

omgwtfnonameavailabl
28th Feb 2015, 00:58
...Yeah. That's because Support factors into score. Not broken.

That is my point. Some classes don't have much for support, they are more DPS oriented therefore robbed of putting up decent numbers in this category. Imagine rating 4 cars on speed, acceleration, comfort, and turning.. and one of them has a locked steering wheel. It defaults to hitting a 0 in the turning category therefore is handicapped. I didnt think I had to spell this stuff out but apparently I do. I am open to conversation on this, but I am allowed to put forth my opinion and state facts, no need to chime in with statements like 'not broken'. You proved my very point in your post.

This is a very accurate assessment Maddpadd and goes along the point I am trying to make. The score pops up all through the game and is judging you on certain factors which partially comprise your overall score and ranking - but not all.. There are hidden stats that arent shown up on the scoreboard but will determine someones rank, like before mentioned double kills etc.

Also, back to the picture, if someone has equal knockdowns, equal kills, more damage, less deaths then they shouldnt be ranked below the comparison. Clearly he didnt get a double kill, he has 1 kill, also he has no support score to boost him to #1 spot. Id love to know what magical numbers are hidden to give him first.

There are many times when you look at the score board and it doesnt make sense like Maddpadd was mentioning. It is just very inconsistent and misleading. Madd, you also mentioned the winning team is decided on damage, not score. This is true, but the post isnt geared towards the match results being broken, its about the scoring system being broken- however important or insignificant that is to someone.

Theres really 1 game mode, maybe soon to be 2.. so when you grind out the same things all the time the only real reason to keep going is to get better and challenge yourself. There aren't really a lot of in game systems to go off of, but the one thing they flash in your face constantly is the big white numbers under your character everytime you die, end a match, switch teams etc.

Aggggh
28th Feb 2015, 02:17
Personally I would like to see the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th rotation of players on the scoreboard removed as I am sick of having to try find myself on the scoreboard quickly every time I open it.
Its a needles clunky mechanic that only slows the opening & the use of it down & only serves to stroke fragile egos!

+1'd. They should just rename it to XP and get rid of the ranking. People should worry more about supporting their team mates and winning the match than they should about a couple meaningless numbers near their name.