PDA

View Full Version : HUMANS Disappointed by Mark of the Survivor skin.

Khalith
27th Feb 2015, 01:47
The reason being, in the previews we saw his face shrouded in shadows within the helmet, I really enjoyed the way that looked. But once I previewed the actual skin it shows his face fully illuminated in the 3d preview, that really turned me off to getting the skin I wanted. Is there any way to change the skin to make his face more shadowed or to shroud it entirely? It doesn't look as advertised as far as illustration vs 3d model.

Edit:

What it advertises: http://postimg.org/image/s63izmz6d/

What it looks like: http://postimg.org/image/oxpt71b7t/

Archsaint
27th Feb 2015, 03:41
Yeah, you're right. The way it is advertised is much more intimidating and just looks better. I vote for the change also, was thinking of getting that skin eventually.

GenFeelGood
27th Feb 2015, 03:52
Same with the Outlaw hood, you can see the eyes plain as day. Please give both of the skins that menacingly dark shroud as it was advertised, nothing evokes fear like having the face hidden within the cold darkness.

CountEyokir
27th Feb 2015, 07:41
Gotta agree there. Seeing the face behind the mask was really disappointing. The lack of face behind the mask would have looked soooo much better. I bought him because he reminded me of

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130202193004/playstationallstarsbattleroyale/images/9/9d/God-of-War-III---Hades-psd45871.png

Can we get a fix to hide the face on these skins? Please?

Ygdrasel
27th Feb 2015, 19:32
100% agreed.

NomzNomz
27th Feb 2015, 21:21
I support this! If anything seeing his eyes behind that helmet makes him look goofy! Don't want to buy that skin or the Outlaw hood anymore.

Khalith
27th Feb 2015, 22:55
Same with the Outlaw hood, you can see the eyes plain as day. Please give both of the skins that menacingly dark shroud as it was advertised, nothing evokes fear like having the face hidden within the cold darkness.

It's the same way with the outlaw's? That's unfortunate. The shrouded eyes/face on the two skins is a huge part of their appeal, not having that really detracts from their aesthetic appeal in my opinion. I ended up getting the Ravager's helm as a result, I dig the knightly helmet, but I still want my mark of the survivor with the face shrouded in shadows.

Psyonix_Eric
27th Feb 2015, 23:14
The 2d image has top-down lighting. Obviously 3d models cannot always have top-down lighting, thus the reason for the 3d previewer. I don't really think that it would be possible to make the face completely blacked out as in certain lighting situations (places in the map) with enough lighting you would just see blackness where a face should clearly be.

Khalith
27th Feb 2015, 23:18
The 2d image has top-down lighting. Obviously 3d models cannot always have top-down lighting, thus the reason for the 3d previewer. I don't really think that it would be possible to make the face completely blacked out as in certain lighting situations (places in the map) with enough lighting you would just see blackness where a face should clearly be.

I'd be fine with the straight blackness and shadows tbh. But that's purely personal aesthetic taste, I really enjoyed the "faceless" aspect of those two skins but, at least in the lighting in the preview, I don't really see it.

GenFeelGood
28th Feb 2015, 06:23
I'd be fine with the straight blackness and shadows tbh. But that's purely personal aesthetic taste, I really enjoyed the "faceless" aspect of those two skins but, at least in the lighting in the preview, I don't really see it.

I second this

Lomonop
3rd Mar 2015, 13:45
Are you saying that in most parts of the game the lighting is not in his face and the shadows are more defined than in the 2d preview?

GenFeelGood
3rd Mar 2015, 21:49

If this is why it looks different in game then how do we explain this?

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/395/blog_large/20150117-vanguard.jpg?1424221791

The lighting source is at his feet, shining upward; and reaches the top of his helmet, yet his face is still hidden in darkness. Why, because it looks badass that way; and we want to see that same badass look for Mark of the Survivor and Outlaw Hood.