PDA

View Full Version : Summoner Stacking

YawningSoldier
26th Feb 2015, 15:14
So, been playing for fairly long time now, and this is getting ridiculous.
It seems that more summoners team has, the stronger it is, and more obnoxius the game gets for the humans. I often see enemy team going 3+ summoners, and steamroll everything, because they just don't need to engage before everyone's almost dead. And when they do, they are accompanied by 6 summons, which makes focusing someone impossible.
In my opinion, the problem is that Summoner gets to have superior ranged abilities, while retaining the same melee stength the other vampires have, coupled with shield and ability to form a rape party alone.
And don't even get me started on Hellstrike. The move has no downsides and it deals massive damage on ridiculously small reaction time. Just straight out upgrade to it's less broken counterpart.

On another issue, Vanguard stacking is quickly turning out to be similiar problem. Bulky as ****, and doesn't have real counters... Except Summoner stacking -_-

ApollosBow
26th Feb 2015, 17:02
So, been playing for fairly long time now, and this is getting ridiculous.
It seems that more summoners team has, the stronger it is, and more obnoxius the game gets for the humans. I often see enemy team going 3+ summoners, and steamroll everything, because they just don't need to engage before everyone's almost dead. And when they do, they are accompanied by 6 summons, which makes focusing someone impossible.
In my opinion, the problem is that Summoner gets to have superior ranged abilities, while retaining the same melee stength the other vampires have, coupled with shield and ability to form a rape party alone.
And don't even get me started on Hellstrike. The move has no downsides and it deals massive damage on ridiculously small reaction time. Just straight out upgrade to it's less broken counterpart.

On another issue, Vanguard stacking is quickly turning out to be similiar problem. Bulky as ****, and doesn't have real counters... Except Summoner stacking -_-

Right now there's a new class out (Vanguard) as you know, Summoner is a good counter to this (sentinal too) and summoner is still new as well, Iv been in those games and it is annoying, however its died off alot and is not nearly as bad has it use to be.

Also I think the jury is still out on what there going to do to Hellstrike in future, although since the Bolt buff I dont see it used half as much.

I personally think there should be some sort of encouragement to play with multi-classes on each team (XP bonus of 15% for anything killed or done while not having any classes stacked......or something).

and yes Vanguard is way to op right now, they said there already on it, nerf should be on the way in near future id say, hopefully to his axes of insta-death.

Ygdrasel
26th Feb 2015, 18:08
rape party

Pretty sure rape isn't even kind of an element of this game...

Stacking always happens when a new class is released. Stacking always drops off after people have had their fun.

And AoEs and fire tear summons apart anyway.

YawningSoldier
26th Feb 2015, 22:24
Stacking will also KEEP happening, if game keeps encouraging it. Taking 3-4 of same class should cripple team, not empower it.
And it's not really the summons im complaining about here.
Furthermore, summoner isn't really new anymore, but stacking is still happening.

Ygdrasel
26th Feb 2015, 22:49
Taking 3-4 of same class should cripple team, not empower it.

Why should it do either? A team's effectiveness depends on the classes chosen and the players behind them. If the players can make 3-4 of whatever work, why should that cripple them? If the opposing team can't coordinate well enough to disrupt the stack, why shouldn't that empower them? I've seen 3-4 class stacks become unstoppable hell but I've seen plenty of the same be thrashed up like tissue paper depending on the players involved. But more to the point, just how do you suggest this crippling be handled?

Summoners who want kills need to engage.
Summoners who don't engage will see their pets torn apart having achieved little to nothing.
Summoners who do engage can be killed - and their pets still pretty easily torn apart.
Hellstrike still needs cues though.

Vanguard already has an upcoming balance update. It may or may not adequately fix them.

YawningSoldier
27th Feb 2015, 00:27
When 4 summoners jump in with 8 minions after taking half of the party's hp with hellstrike, there isn't much anyone can do.
I have seen plenty of class stacking. Reaver's used to be must stack before, then they got changes. Sentinel group divebombing used to be instant-win, then it got changed. I still see 3 tyrant teams doing group charges, and im not mad. If I dodge their charges, I can punish them for it.

But 3-4 summoners is foolproof. They don't need to go in if they miss their abilities, they can just wait for new Cd's. And after they see someone take 2 hellstrikes, they can jump in for free kill, which makes for hella tedious game for other team.
When there's only 1 summoner, missing skills has drawback. Your team will propably initiating and you'll have to go in, or leave them 3v4. But when there are just summoners, this problem becomes: "Meh, we missed 3 so let's not go in".

This is why im more against stacking than the class itself. As long as there's just 1, the class is annoying, but balanced.