PDA

View Full Version : Experience with the new patch (25 feb)!?

Whalys
25th Feb 2015, 22:23
first to say hi all :)
what r ur exp wit the new patch, do u like it? if yes/no let me know why.
in my opinion the new patch **** the game.
the old play style/feeling was way better.
it feels way slower and sloppy now.

usualy vamps were the dominated race, but now humans r.
in 80% of the games i made so far, the humans won.

sentinel is now way too easy, cuz u cant really run away from his fly dash.
also u cant run from the vamps anymore.
the old style was more fun and excited.
when u heard a vamp chasing u and ur running for ur life.

what u think about the dmg nerf of the vamps?

anyways, i think they should change it back to the old style.
was fun, more balanced and more exciting for every class.
nosgoth was a good game. so pls bring some hotfixes.

greetings all.

Ygdrasel
25th Feb 2015, 22:38
first to say hi all :)
what r ur exp wit the new patch, do u like it? if yes/no let me know why.
in my opinion the new patch **** the game.
the old play style/feeling was way better.
it feels way slower and sloppy now.

usualy vamps were the dominated race, but now humans r.
in 80% of the games i made so far, the humans won.

sentinel is now way too easy, cuz u cant really run away from his fly dash.
also u cant run from the vamps anymore.
the old style was more fun and excited.
when u heard a vamp chasing u and ur running for ur life.

what u think about the dmg nerf of the vamps?

anyways, i think they should change it back to the old style.
was fun, more balanced and more exciting for every class.
nosgoth was a good game. so pls bring some hotfixes.

greetings all.

Humans have always dominated at higher play.
It is entirely possible to avoid a Sentinel.
You're not SUPPOSED to be able to run from vampires - they're vampires.

maddpadd
25th Feb 2015, 22:49
Total meh!

Release a new character that is powerful in CQ & nerf the range and damage of vampires on the same day.....nice one: thud:

Whalys
25th Feb 2015, 23:26
Humans have always dominated at higher play.
It is entirely possible to avoid a Sentinel.

-at higher play vamps were dominating too.
-its way more difficult now for humans vs sentinel
-last point: r u kidding me? its a game! if u want it more historical like, give the humans garlic and a cross. change the vamps to fair complexion human look alike, who all can fly when they transform into bats.
what an argument: ur not supposed to be able to run from vamps ...
why dont u say: vamps cant go invisible, or summon minions, ... ... ...

LorenCole
26th Feb 2015, 01:19
Well, he got some points.

riccetto80
28th Feb 2015, 16:48
My experience is bad, since this patch the game crash a lot, before almost never.

I guess is about desync issue, because little before i crash, other 2 player log out of the game, togheter... this explain also the much more lag o notice (100mbit optic cable, is NOT myconnection)

Not only, the vanguard is unbalanced, can heal himself and the others close to him, is too strong, alchemist can heal but on a specific spot who can be poisoned from vampires, or hit with bombs and so one, vanguard move, so no matther what, will heal.... prophet can heal but lost a part of his healt, vanguard dont lost anything, while healing others heal also himself...

Not only, vanguard slow down o clearly stop your attack, already have so high damage, + also the ability to stop your attack or slow down your movement so you miss target and you are killed from other humans???

plus is hilarious/sad see vanguard trow axes like scout and hunter trow arrows, must be much more slow to recharge, so people will trow axes only when are sure to hit, now is a slugfest of haxes flyeing around and vanguard constantly reload and trow again also if enemy is 50meter away, and because can hit and do a lot of damage also from very far, you see vanguard shoot to the moon with the axe, is just sad/hilarius.

also the changes to vampires movement, at lest about deceiver sucks, now if human roll is almost impossible to adjust and hit him anyway (before was possibible), you have to roll too and then hit...

also the faster movement for all vampires create situation where if vampire team attack all together, is a slugfest where no one understand if and what is hitting, is like a big orgies, the tactic is gone.

also lag seems much more, often i die instantaneous because im being hit all together...

siege mode is still bugged as hell, this mode is out since long time, was even take offline to fix it, is still bugged, often human spawn exactly on a point and before match start they already capped 50/70% of the point... you spawn in the middle of a fight, or spawn close to a teammates who is capping, so often you can duo luck...

today i play a lot, same yesterday, some match you win easy, some other vampire kill you like a dog, i think is all about lags, probable now the vamp move faster is more visible the lag, or the last patch add a lot of lag, dont know, what i know is laggy and ugly to play now.

o2-D3nTe
1st Mar 2015, 11:10
Bad experience too.

LoL isn't a good example, don't release OP character every time on purpose. Vanguard is broken.
The DPS is way too high for a supposed 'support' class. As a little extra it has the highest DPS in game when using the right click to improve attack speed.
The shield can block vampire special abilities damage.
The heal is spammable.
Axe are 'stealthy', it's hard to notice when they hit you and from where. You only realize half your hp are gone in a second. The hit box is so huge, even a missed shot hits.

You'd think vanguard would be used to protect your team from vampires, and be able to take damage while other do the kills, but it doesn't. It's a power house it can kill everything on it's own.

All the recent changes made sentinel stronger and you see it everywhere now. they play with a ping of 150, use the lag to be hard to hit and still can kidnap using the **** up hit box. That's when they don't glitch on walls to gain speed.

Summoner still has the easiest / high damage right click abilitie. Hell strike doesn't requiere any skill, you'll most likely miss some of them but it's only because aim box is **** up when aiming for certain spots.

With so many sentinels you don't want to pick alchemist anymore, and tyran is even worse than before since vanguard destroy him.

I really don't like what metagame is becoming.

riccetto80
1st Mar 2015, 15:54
forgot to mention after patch the charged vampire meele are useless, before one of the difference between good and bad player was the use of the charged meele, now are useless, too little damage compared to the time lost charging it, and with vanguard around who can destroy you with a couple of hit, stand still to charge the meele is even more a stupid idea.

Necroth24
1st Mar 2015, 17:05
i stopped playing this after playing a few games with the recent patch. i really dont like what they have done to the vamps, so i gotta say my experience was kinda bad too ...

vanguard will be nerfed either way, i just hope the vamp changes get reverted as well.

ApollosBow
1st Mar 2015, 18:11

This....also Vanguard is messing everything up right now with his high damage until his nerf arrives so don't judge everything just yet.

Whalys
1st Mar 2015, 21:45
the changes defno made the game worse.
its not really fun to play anymore. its more: who has more vanguards.
i think they should make the axes more visible, so difficult to c them. give them a glow or something.
this game feels so super boring now.
when i play wit my friends and they r mad cuz we lost as vamps, i always say:
its not about winning as vamp anymore, its about how high u win as human.
and thats the whole point. almost guarantee lose for the vamps.

and i still dont get this summoner. its such a noob class.
stayin all the time on a house behind something, commin out for 1 sec to spawn minions and shoot (dunno why the vamps got a range atk anyways) and run back. waiting till someone is low to atk. wow that needs alot of skill.

it was nice balanced befor. vamps were dominating, but if u had a good team play, u could win it.
now its just ... meh.

nosgoth pls change it back, otherwise alot of ppl will stop playin.

also i asked alot of ppl ingame, they all agree: vanguard is too op and vamps r ... now.
still dont get it why ppl change a good product to such a crap. do u even test this wit gamer?

Protekt1
2nd Mar 2015, 00:36
Summoner is more of a harassment/distraction type of role than a pure damage role. People don't really understand that though and they play it poorly. It is very annoying when a summoner summons pets and then starts hitting you, but it only really works when your team is oblivious and doesn't react with mass spam attacks... since the summoner will die so fast with no real escape mechanic.

But overall, I agree with the general vibe of the thread. Vanguard is making the game terrible. Seems like Psyonix needs to do a better job QA side before releasing content to the public servers. Having 2 vanguards on a human team makes them almost unstoppable and is not a fun development for the game. Prior to experiencing this patch, I was really looking forward to a tanky class being added to humans... not some super soldier who is a tank, dps, and healing all in one package.

There are other issues with the game, but that one supersedes them all in impact.