PDA

View Full Version : The Vanguard

Ryocto
25th Feb 2015, 18:01
I am writing this mainly to keep track of my thought on the vanguard over the a period of time.

First match playing as a vanguard I notice I can deal a lot of damage fairly quick. Shield Charge allows me to hit the vampire with 2 axes, with any extra person on my team adding just a little damage to that target they are dead. Seems a bit much to me.
I get on the vampire side and pick my normal sentinel, I notice very fast abducting or kidnapping someone now is super dangerous, those axes hurt like crap. I am generally picked off just before a kidnap or an abduct or right after grabbing them. I obviously need to use more tactics going in. Second thing I noticed is teams are running 2 vanguard 2 scouts, because of the threat vanguards throw down and protection it's exponentially harder to reach a scout or kill them, allowing them more free pot shots on the vampire team.

My current feeling of the vanguard are that he does a bit to much damage, with his ability to survive and healing combined.

I have since noticed that summoners seem to be a pretty good counter to the vanguard those minions chew them up, and the vanguard lacks mobility to escape from them.

The healing a vanguard can provide seems to eliminate the need for a prophet or alchemist healing, however mixed with Prophet sacrifice is almost to good

Deceivers seem to do really well against a vanguard specially with Illusions.

So far every match the Vanguards have been top of the DPS.

I PROMISE I'LL organize this in a bit

ApollosBow
25th Feb 2015, 18:22
I just think the axe that makes you bleed 100 over 2s is OP...it effectively does...315 dmg is it? too much either way

Also there should be a bit more of a flesh cutting sound when getting hit by him, usually I cant tell im after getting hit until i glance at my health and see it 600 down O_o

Other than that I think hes a great human character and makes the human side much more exciting.

Ryocto
25th Feb 2015, 18:27
I 100% agree needs more of a noise to hit when it hits

--Ram--
25th Feb 2015, 19:12
We definitely do need some better feedback when receiving axe hits. You basically can't tell unless you are looking at your hp.

ApollosBow
26th Feb 2015, 00:32
We definitely do need some better feedback when receiving axe hits. You basically can't tell unless you are looking at your hp.

Its like being hit with death pillows.