PDA

View Full Version : Viscous Cannon sucks right?

puff_ng
24th Feb 2015, 10:07
I'm not overlooking some use for the VC that makes it useful?

Da_Wolv
24th Feb 2015, 11:24
I have a really cool Mysterious one that makes it worthwhile, but otherwise, yes - it could use a little buff.
I like it mostly because its much easier to spam roofs with it, since the pellets dont just fly over the roof when you dont frontally hit someone with it. You can shoot it so the pellets land and stick to the roof and damaging vampires for a little damage, revealing their location more reliably. I find that, in general, its much easier to hit vampires with it, too, as it seems the pellets have some kind of magnetic pull towards vampires that are near, but it might just be me being more used to it as I never really play Alchemist except for leveling MIs.
Also I got good multi-kills with it, as some vampires tend to run into their teammates for good AoE.

Another cool thing is that you can stick a bunch of them to a fleeing Tyrant with Ignore Pain on to kill him when he's already out of sight.

Though I think they could add some more damage, higher clip size or wider AoE Range to make up for the delay, which costs you your life most of the time.

Orchal
24th Feb 2015, 11:26
1. If you shoot like 2-4 balls on a reaver that pounces your enemy you do a lot damage with it.

2. you can hit tyrants easy and once they stick, they do damage, not like with the other guns where you shoot a lot of balls but still none hits since they dodge during the time till they explode.

3. You can kinda mark invisible deceivers if you see them better than some teamates

--Ram--
24th Feb 2015, 12:43
Yeh its bad. Killing stuff quickly is more important than any utility you might gain from the stickyness imo.

Firehex
24th Feb 2015, 18:41
With it you can kill reaver with evasion who turned on it too late , or finish of tyrant with ignore pain in last seconds...Also marking invis deceivers, but that is all...Standart cannon is better because of instant damage...
I think VC needs buff to make it more popular,because 95% of alchi use default or with green nades.

TheDreamcrusher
26th Feb 2015, 01:01
I made a thread with and posted all my thoughts on VC. Maybe some of what I was suggesting can be combined with the VC.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=151899